• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS Video Critique Thread!

Serudos

Smash Rookie
Hi guys! I am a ZSS mainer from Germany and I want to ask you whether you could critique some matches from "Franken Smash" about 2 months ago?
Atm there are only 2 matches upped and I do not know yet whether the whole set will be upped. One other set against a pit mainer were recorded but no1 wants to up them so I only have a few vids =)
1)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RokcV_wjMiQ&list=FLbL-XZ6Kq-DWn8DWR37U4RA&index=3&feature=plpp_video
2)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8VVAurvbNE&feature=relmfu

Maybe the match vs his Olimar + Falco will be upped, but I got 2 stocked...Pretty hard MU for me =X

Edit: The set against Snopy (Pit mainer) was upped. Hope you can help me there (What I noticed: Way too much bair... way too predictable then)
1+2)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwjTo-VOo2c&feature=channel&list=UL
3+4)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT5YwXp8vgs&feature=plcp
5)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGsyqcNM1l0&feature=plcp

Hope you can help me thx

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Gonna start off by saying that you're actually pretty good, definitely quite a bit better than most of the people that post vids here wanting advice.
I have very little experience against TL (BioDG definitely has a lot more experience in this MU than I do) but I'll see how I can help.
0:10 - Notice how he's already beginning to throw off your suitpieces and you guys have roughly the same damage. I feel like this is mostly because you just let 2 of your suitpieces sit there and you held the 3rd one.
If you had thrown the other 2 upwards and close to each other, you would have been able to defend them and they would have protected you. Bouncing suitpiece walls are amazing. And they also help block TL's projectiles.

0:20 - You're using the suitpiece very well out of shield. Try waiting with suitpieces a bit more. If you just wait at mid range (around 2nd hit of sideB range) with a suitpiece in hand, the opponent usually gets scared and shields...sits in their shield for a bit...then uses an OoS option when they realize their shield is gonna get too small. This opponent was good, and he played TL, so he probably would have jumped OoS rather than rolling/spotdodging, but being above a ZSS with a suitpiece is still a terrible position.

0:33 - SideB is not really a good landing option unless you space it super well (ie when you land, the outside tip of the 2nd hit will hit the opponent/their shield) but you didn't space it properly and your landing got punished. You had a suitpiece, so you could have easily covered your landing better with down toss --> nair/sideB.

0:40 - Beautiful shield pressure! I don't know if you hit the balloon on purpose, but that was really good. I'm gonna steal that.
Okay...after you picked up the suitpiece again, you shielded cause you thought he was gonna throw the bomb at you (which was okay) but you sat in shield WAYY too long.
Don't sit in your shield against TL, that's what they want.

1:09 - You charged a dsmash against a TL that was on the edge...it's not really a good idea to charge dsmash in front of TL and hoping he'll fall into it, cause he can just zair and it'll outrange your dsmash.

1:14 - You sat in shield again and lost stage control. :\

1:22 - Good bair

1:29 - You should have hit him with that dsmash, you just timed it wrong.
Also..in positions like this (ie after you see him ledge drop --> bomb pull) you should be ready for the bomb and instatoss it back at him. Same goes for Diddy and bananas.
Works a lot better against Diddy cause you might hit him out of his upB, but you can still hope for a lucky stage spike against Toon Link.

1:31 - Nice jabs --> dtilt.

1:43 - Again, you sat in shield, he was ready, and he punished your OoS option. You shouldn't have sat in shield at all, but even if you did you would have been safe if you frolled.
Also...you were behind his shield, this is a really good position to be in, cause like 99% of the time they'll sh bair as their OoS option. Unless they're holding a bomb, then they'll just jump and maybe throw it downwards.
If you just waited for him to choose his OoS option (sh bair) you probably would have been able to PS --> punish with uair.

2:16 - Again, he was ready for your OoS option. You didn't really sit in shield this time, I'm just saying it shows that they're ready to punish you for shielding.

2:18 - Good dsmash, bad followup. You mistimed the dash attack, you have to wait for him to complete his trajectory from popping out of the dsmash (it's kinda like an upside-down parabola) and then you hit with the tip of the foot.

2:32 - Poorly timed fair.

2:36 - You should have double dsmashed, but it looks like you were uncomfortable going for the 2nd one after jabbing so I understand (you would have had time for a dsmash --> jab --> dsmash --> followup, but yeah I've been there the timing is weird). And you shouldn't have baired. It wasn't gonna kill, so really you're just staling your best kill move. You should have followed up with nair/upB/uair/grab.

3:03 - Okay, this is the 3rd time in a row. You approached with an empty short hop and he was able to punish your landing. If you don't want to hit his shield with a nair, or do a 2nd jump, just retreat the SH with an airdodge..you don't need to commit to landing right next to him.
Or just sh behind him and bair. Remember, his only real OoS option when someone is behind him is bair, and you can shield that.

3:30 - I don't know why that usmash hit you...did you drop your shield? It looks like you dropped your shield (or chose some sort of OoS option) cause it doesn't look like your shield was small enough to get poked.
Also, I should mention now that I can see you going for the PS zair/projectile --> dtilt. That's good, but sometimes you're not close enough and you're still dtilting.

3:44 - Nice platform pressure options.

3:57 - See? Sh bair OoS :awesome:

4:23 - I'm happy to see you using run away --> reverse laser, but it's no good when the opponent is chasing you and is right behind you.

4:35 - Yeah...sh uair doesn't really work in a position like that. ZSS' short hop is too high, so the uair just went right above him. When you guys are right nex t to each other like that, use utilt/usmash OoS.

4:55 - Again, you sat in shield. You've been doing it a lot less though :)

5:12 - Sat in shield again, but you didn't get punished so it's not that big of a deal. Froll would have kept you safe though.

5:37 - So you dash attacked his shield at high %...never do this lol. He could have usmashed you OoS as soon as the dash attack connected, but he didn't. I guess he didn't react quickly enough.
But again, he knew you were going to shield so he waited for you to shield and then choose an OoS option...and it cost you the match.

So, most important things to learn from this critique
- DON'T SIT IN SHIELD AGAINST TL
- If you're behind TL's shield and you're not shielding and he's not holding a bomb, wait for the sh bair and be ready to PS-->punish.
-Keep suitpieces bouncing in the same spot to add pressure and to keep yourself and the suitpieces safe.
-Work on timing your dsmashes, as well as your dsmash followups. Remember, after about 70% or so, even if you dsmash --> jab1, you can still followup with dsmash --> uair. Don't stale bair when you don't have to.

0:33 - Oh man, you're all over him. Coulda used the suitpieces a little better but you got a good lead and you're keeping the momentum so it's not a huge deal.

0:44 - Yeah...I don't think sh uair will hit a standing TL, he's pretty short. I'm not 100% sure though.

0:52 - Good reaction and patience!

1:11 - I don't know why you usmashed after that dash attack...input error? It looks like it was. Probably a JC usmash. I'm sure you know dash attack --> usmash isn't exactly a good option. It worked though, so no biggie.

1:25 - Sat in shield again..though that was some brilliant shield pressure by the TL so I can't really blame you much for that. I think you could have dtilted after the zair on shield though.

1:34 - Notice how patient he is when you're shielding?

1:47 - You got lucky :awesome:

2:05 - Yup.

2:21 - Oh, interesting. Sh nair when you're behind his shield? Okay, I guess you have to watch out for that too...that's my lack of MU knowledge showing

Oh, you won this one. Good job, 2 stock!
I might critique the rest later, but not now. I need to get back to studying, I hope I helped!

Serudos

Smash Rookie
Thank you very much! I learned A LOT. I think I was just nervous, because I usually don't mess up 2dsmash ->fair. I won't stale my bair anymore (I will do around 70% 3dsmash -> uair or sth)

Some things I want to say:
0:40 - Shield Pressure: Actually.... I wanted to cover one of his landing options (also with the help of the baloon -> "shorter distance") but he jumped a bit far/ behind me so I dsmashed, suit piece comes down, another dsmash =D
3:30 - Usmash Kill: I usually don't drop my shield/roll or do another ooS option if my opponent charges a smash right in front of me... rly bad memories from that.... I was surprised myself that it hit me =X
(ooS) uair against standin TL? - Yes it works! The timing is rly hard though... need to practice it more =(
Behind shielding TL -> nair? - Yes... he only does it if BOTH hits of the nair will hit or if bair is unsafe (he will then hit with the second hit of nair or jumps away)

I am rly grateful that you took your time!
And yea... the set against Pit is... horrible... so many mistakes + panic bair =X - Do not expect 2 much haha

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Mink, I watched your set vs True Blue (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DjXVuChth0)
I feel like you're relying too much on run away --> pivot sideB. It isn't as effective against Sonic because of his ground speed, so if they see it coming they can just run up -->shield sideB1-->punish.
Your laser followups are also slacking. You went for laser --> dsmash too much, go for more laser --> sideB/dash attack instead.
And too many times you got away with True Blue spindashing (or spinroll or w/e idk what it's called) your shield and going behind you (like at 1:33, 6:29, 10:49, etc). After he hits it, drop your shield, run after him and dash attack. Sonic doesn't have a hitbox when he's turning around, so you'll either hit him with the dash attack or miss because he's too far away and he won't be able to punish it.
Also, 2:15-2:20 was ****ing beautiful. From now on it shall be known at 'The Mink Combo'
Or something else if you'd like. Maybe 'The Big Papa'?

You impressed me with this set. This is the best I've seen your ZSS play. You must have been frustrated/tired when playing 8bit and Stingers, cause you played much worse against those two.
Or maybe you just had no idea how to approach the MU. If that's the case, then I'm sure you'll do MUCH better once you learn the MU.

JakeOfAllTrades

Smash Rookie
Hey there, guys. My friend and I just started to get into the competitive scene. I had a video capture card laying around and decided to record some videos. Please be very harsh:

ZSS vs. Mario
  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLf9IZQVMtI
  2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dS7QcdF3TOU
  3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaMBgJPAJ4I
ZSS vs. Fox
  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGB-ayNj83U
  2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ww5e9-cKKvw
  3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dI4V4WHrEj4
I highly appreciate the critique! I hope that both of us will learn a lot from it. ^^

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Your suitpiece game is lacking; keep them bouncing more often, and bouncing close to each other.
First game, all that was really happening was you were missing the attacks you went for (you'd bair and miss him/his shield, or you'd dsmash when he's in the air and he's too high to get hit by it) and then he got in and pressured you and you were too scared to fight back in close range. Bad spacing basically.
And when you finally landed a hit, you didn't follow up (you'd uair him and he's still above you, but then you run away and let him regain stage control...or you'd get him in the air with a dtilt but again didn't follow up, you just reset the situation even though you had the positional advantage...)
You got hit by way too many fireballs...you can just jab/shield/laser them. You also didn't really punish his unsafe moves on shield/whiff. You didn't pressure Luigi's shield enough with dsmash/bair/sideB2/nair (space these and they're all completely safe on shield and Luigi can't do anything about it).
You didn't use enough lasers while on the ground. They help to zone against Luigi and keep him out of close-range (ie keep him at mid-range), they stop his downB and Luigi's not mobile enough to punish a shielded/whiffed laser given that you're using it from the correct range.
Your punishes game 2 were lacking (too often you just dsmash 1 --> baired...the damage off of this is a lot less than ZSS is capable of and you had trouble killing because your bair was so stale).

All in all you let Luigi dominate the mid-range game (where we're supposed to dominate) and you way too scared at close range. I can't really think of anything else but maybe I'm just sleepy.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
mk ima put 2 replays up when my broke ass gets actual internet....

A part of me kinda finds it redundant to put them up for a few reasons
-I've already gone over them my self at length seeing different options i should have taken ect
-The state of mind I was in by the time these bracket matches came around was not good.
-This kid always picks Falco vs me , these recordings were from 2 tournaments ago when i lost to him 2-1
while the tournament that just past this on the 13th of april i beat him 2-0 even after he switched to metaknight game 2 and Frigate killed me x2 XD.

But i digress i still want to hear the opinions of the betters zero suits so i can bring up my game more.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Mk so this is from a long ass time ago and i never really knew it was recorded,
For some reason it seems like i did somethings better in the past that I am lacking now in the future after progressing over the months.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DQaJ_uk8Fo

Was probably like my first actually local tournament it is vs a marth and I know the match-up alot better now but would like to hear anything that you guys feel I was doing correctly and should practice getting those circumstances to occur more often so i can shift the matches in my favor.

Spaghetti

Smash Apprentice
I'm no ZSS master but just off the top of my head it just seems like you need to familiarize yourself a bit more with using your suit pieces. Instead of leaving them for the Marth to have free reign over them, keep them in hand, become comfortable with glide tossing them everywhere, keep them bouncing to discourage approaches from certain angles, and use throws in tandem with paralyzer and your other moves.

although apart from that your shielding and dodging is so much better than mine so i'll avoid commenting on the other parts of your game xP

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
ugh I seriously wish that were the case now, but that was like 8 months ago I'm much better with the suit pieces now but things like dodging and shielding I'm lacking. -_-0 I think the only reason i got so much better at suit pieces was because everyone i go to tourneys with have experience playing V and since hes like 5x better then me with zss my tournament life is Hell but it is never a dull moment.
Zss dittos with V are quite hilarious.

I'll just keep telling my self one of these days i'll take a set off him in bracket.... -_-#... maybe i should stick with a game first.

after watching that set I also feel my follow ups were much better although i didn't double downsmash to fair or nair like i do nowadays.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
mk ima put 2 replays up when my broke *** gets actual internet....

A part of me kinda finds it redundant to put them up for a few reasons
-I've already gone over them my self at length seeing different options i should have taken ect
-The state of mind I was in by the time these bracket matches came around was not good.
-This kid always picks Falco vs me , these recordings were from 2 tournaments ago when i lost to him 2-1
while the tournament that just past this on the 13th of april i beat him 2-0 even after he switched to metaknight game 2 and Frigate killed me x2 XD.

But i digress i still want to hear the opinions of the betters zero suits so i can bring up my game more.
Sounds like me, which is funny.
In before Shiny Poke.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Yes this was like 3 tourneys ago Poke where I was tripping balls and lost to shinymewtwo after I ***** him game 1 and he SD' game 2,

I will be kicking my self for that for a long time to come lets just hope I can reach my goal of 11th on the may 11th tourney it would be rather cute.

I'm gonna probably take NickRiddles advice and just play someone else for a while since I can sorta agree with what he said in his interview with errr was it zero?

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
-_-0 Yes well i tend to forget that seeing as I'm usually out by 4th round D;.
But challenge accepted 9th it is...

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Holy **** this is big, I'm gonna collapse it but yeah Yosh this is my critique of your game against Kong that you just posted with the funky sexy music
Dunno why you stood still so long at the beginning, it allowed him to pluck bananas

0:11 - You decided to throw your suitpieces up even though he clearly threw a banana straight at you, so you got hit by it.

0:15 - You had a suitpiece in your hand, and he was directly above you without any item in his hand. You should have just shielded his landing, fair was obviously his best option and if he tried to just airdodge into you or something you could have thrown the suitpiece down OoS to hit him and/or defend yourself.

0:17 - He baired your shield and you decided to jump and throw the suitpiece down. The jump was completely unnecessary and it allowed him to shield the suitpiece. Just press down on the C-stick, that's what ZSS does best XD

0:20 - Don't dtilt Diddy's shield. Diddy's OoS game is ridiculous, so don't hit the front of his shield with anything except a projectile, sideB, dsmash or bair. Generally if you hit his shield with something unsafe, you get punished with a banana --> followup or grab --> throw and now Diddy has time to pluck bananas.

0:23 - You waited too long to pick up and throw that suitpiece after you hit him with the banana. You could have dash attack --> utilted after the banana hit, or just thrown a suitpiece right away. Glide toss suitpiece forward --> uair/fair is good and it works at %s like these

0:25 - You just threw 2 suitpieces off for no reason. This is the risk associated with throwing them horizontally when you're not 100% sure they're going to hit.

0:27 - First off, you shouldn't be approaching Diddy with dash attack unless you're 100% sure (and I mean that literally, 100% sure) it's going to hit. He could have shielded that easily but he jabbed instead for some reason, but the dash attack missed anyway. Then you jabbed him, and did the full combo. I'm sure you know the full combo doesn't work on Diddy, and like I said earlier you have to be extremely safe on Diddy's shield.

0:29 - Notice how Kong threw your suitpiece up? This is really useful cause now he has time to pluck 2 bananas without worrying about you while maintaining stage control and ledge pressure the whole time. This should be an example of why you always throw suitpieces vertically unless you're 100% sure they're going to hit.

0:36 - Good banana toss to stop the sideB, bad dash attack (cause it got shielded). Though I think if you had done it earlier it would have worked.

0:44 - You just let Diddy pluck a banana for free. In that position you could have gotten a free uair/fair, instead you just used sideB and didn't space it properly.

0:48 - Uh, you could have done that uair a lot earlier, but it still hit so whatever XD

0:50 - Okay I know you like to be fancy and all but that was really risky, if Kong decided to edgehog you would have died.

0:56 - You picked up the banana, which was good, but then you full hopped and threw it off. It looks like you were trying to get rid of it, but there's no reason to full hop and put yourself at a positional disadvantage (ie above Diddy). Also, you could have just tossed/glidetossed the banana OoS after the peanut hit your shield and you would have hit him.

0:58 - Yeah, don't try to shieldgrab dash attack. Use jab/utilt/JCusmash OoS for that, or just jump out of there.

1:11 - Getting him offstage so you could get the bananas was great, but you should have just walked and picked up the banana rather than dash attacking, cause that caused you to trip on the other one.

1:17 - Should have utilted after the banana hit your shield. If Diddy's running at your shield from behind, chances are he's not going to run in and shield or spotdodge, he's looking for the dash attack/dash grab.

1:28 - That was a really risky downB back on stage, you're lucky he didn't punish you properly.

1:32 - idk why you sh faired, it got you killed cause you were too risky (and you also DIed poorly). Should have just FH uaired him.

1:42-1:48 - Stop jumping around vs Diddy when he has a banana, that's just begging for you to get your landing trapped by a banana. Stay on the ground.

1:56 - I don't know why you jumped away from him and then threw the banana upwards, that just gives him time to pluck another. Start chasing him with uairs dude. Or throw the banana at him or something.

1:59 - You were both holding bananas and shielding. This is like one of those epic mexican standoff thingies where whoever acts first loses (first person tosses banana, it gets shielded, 2nd person tosses banana and hits first person...or if it hits their shield too, 2nd person gets to pick up the banana first). You should have just waited for him to choose an option (he jumped) and then you would have been able to trap his landing, or chase after him with an uair or something. Instead you jumped away. Also, in these standoff positions, don't just sit in shield there and let your shield drain. Literally just stand there, without shielding. Diddy's only options are to sideB or to toss the banana at you. If he tosses banana, shield, if he sideBs, spotdodge or roll or something (you should be able to react to either of these fairly easily).
He can also wait too, but your best option is to wait cause at best you force a reaction out of Diddy that you can punish, and at worst you're both standing there like idiots, but it doesn't matter because you don't get punished for that.

2:03 - Another key position. There's a banana on the ground between you and Diddy. A lot of the time, the Diddy will think "Ok, this is awesome. I can run at him and dash attack, so I'll pick up the banana AND hit him at the same time. If he shields, it doesn't matter cause ZSS' shieldgrab sucks so she can't shieldgrab my dash attack!" so they do that. The thing is, you can beat this out with either dtilt or grab. He'll still pick up the banana, but you get the hit on him and pop him into the air. Again, it's about waiting for the Diddy to make a decision and then punishing it; as soon as you see him run towards you, that's your cue. If you notice he's not running towards you, walk and pick up the banana. Now you have one and he doesn't.
Would have been a lot easier if you teched/airdodged before hitting the ground rather than..just hitting the ground.

2:04-2:29 - This whole time was spent with you just jumping around way too much, giving Diddy way too much room (generally you want to be at about tip of sideB range, our sideB of course) and shooting way too many lasers. Lasers don't really do much in this MU, they have a lot of startup so often Diddy can throw the banana while you're shooting it, and it's either only you get hit or you both get hit, but bananas stun you for longer than the laser so it's not really a good trade for ZSS. Diddy will get up first and pick up the banana again. You can use uncharged lasers in the standoff position I mentioned earlier because they cut right through Diddy's dash attack (his dash attack is transcendent so it won't clash with the laser) or you can shoot charged lasers if you're holding a banana and you're outside of Diddy's banana toss range, but outside of that it's generally an unnecessary commitment and a mixup at best.
Luckily you didn't get punished much during this time period and got the kill, but honestly that had more to do with Kongmetal not capitalizing.

2:34 - Another bad dash attack, but you didn't get punished.

2:38 - You shouldn't have gone for the 2nd dsmash, even if the first one hit, because the banana was coming to ruin your fun.

2:42 - Dunno why you didn't shield that banana. Also, SDI Diddy's dash attack up or up+behind him and he won't really be able to follow up well (he got a fair, which is a free 14%)

2:47 - Should have utilted rather than dtilted.

2:53 - Dunno why you dropped your shield here, but it caused you to get hit by a banana string.

2:59 - You should have chosen an OoS option as soon as you saw that he didn't get up attack.

3:04 - He faired your shield, you did nothing. Utilt that ****.

3:13 - That fair should have been obvious, should have shielded and punished.

3:30 - You should have acknowledged the fact that the shield push from the bair would have caused him to slip on the banana, and followed up the bair with, say, a dash attack/grab/sideB.

3:37 - I don't know why you threw the banana down, he had tons of time to react to it and now he has 2 and you have none. Throwing bananas vertically doesn't really do much, I guess in that regard they're like the opposite of suitpieces lol.
Also stop landing with sideB, that's just begging to get punished with a banana. Don't be afraid to fall to the ledge to avoid the banana landing trap.

3:46 - Another standoff, again you both jumped. Be patient.

3:49 - You could have glidetosses under the peanuts. Again, lasers aren't very useful in this MU.

3:59 - Don't let him spank you with his tail, punish that **** with the banana dude XD

4:03 - See, this is the same position as the one I mentioned at 2:03. You could have punished that dash attack with a grab or a laser.

4:24 - Dunno why you went for the sideB after throwing the banana, only do that if you're 100% sure the banana is going to hit. You should have uaired him after he jumped and airdodged.
I also don't know why you didn't shield that fsmash.

4:36 - That was a free uair

4:45 - I have no idea why you full hop sideB'd there. That wasn't going to hit him and it puts you in a bad position.

4:55 - Another obvious fair, I think.

Overall you're just jumping too much and using too many lasers, not using enough glidetossed bananas, not being patient enough (ie waiting for Diddy to move first) and not staying at mid-range (that's generally where you want to be because you have enough time to react to a banana toss/sideB but you can still punish things with dash grabs/banana tosses/glide tosses/etc)

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDSIeZXOqpI
10$ mm game 2 vs Tinmans oli
Alright i wished this match didnt desync but i decided to upload it anyways, i would have preferred game 1 from this mm set since i did a lot better in it.
Decided to cut out the rest and reminisce about the day I learned dream laser

God damn man all these replays im trying to record just keep desyncing Zzzz.

Edit: New troll friendlies up of zss dittos have a laugh tell me the music sucks what ever floats your boat god damn Moive maker doubles in fun every video I make
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ied9OH1fzWs&feature=youtu.be

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Hey guys! I'm a french ZSS mainer and i prepare myself for a tournament in 1 month. So i need your help!
This one is against LucarioMaster: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZpVuOGuVwk
And this is a BO3 friendly against TheFlow (a TL mainer): 1) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD8-scRGH4k
2)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ewzZaRDJuY

so I watched all your matches and there are only a few things I can tell you I guess.
For lucario I kinda felt like you jabbed him a little to much, Like I can't exactly remember if all 3 hits work on him pretty sure it doesn't (but I don't usually).
Usually prefer to just up tilt or down tilt him cause it lets me try to downsmash if he air dodges after down tilt or power shield his dair after uptilt (really depends on how high or low % he is based on what you used) .
Against Lucario's something that could help you when the scales have tipped in their favor regardless of whether you have a stock/stocks on them <AKA when lucario becomes a super saiyan 100%+> is to use side b to clang / damage lucario when they aura sphere.

I've seriously won bracket matches because I picked up on that and just abused it with precise timing the big hitbox can take on the aura spheres easily and still knock lucario away.

I see that in you have had movements where you landed a downsmash at higher %s and went for an upair or something and it didn't kill what you might what to try, (double downsmash -> grab and some pummels for refresh /Single downsmash if you need to practice the timing or people mash) I would recommend trying single downsmash though since I tend to have a very bad track record with grabs zzz....

Sometimes in the heat of battle you can forget such things but it makes me cry the amount of times someone has lived cause I didn't bother to pummel once or twice when I landed a pivot grab or stun to grab ect. There have even been points where I just decided to flat out be greedy with pummels cause I needed the refresh for a kill.

As for Toon Link haven't personally really faced too many mains with him but I noticed you jabbed his projectiles a frequently which is good, However You were punished a decent amount of times due to spacing when doing so, Or it hit your face/legs.

Personally when I started reading the forums heard a few times to just forward tilt his projectiles which just stuck because you can angle it accordingly for where hes aiming and I kinda liked the way she curved her body when spinning around finishing the kick...believe it or not I've dodge some follow ups from that. 27% of the time or something.

Your reads were really good the only thing really is I feel like you Lived a dangerous life in your shield to much , I don't blame you some of the moves TL does really pisses me off and i'd rather get grabbed then up smashed/tilted ect.

It's really best for someone else to go more in depth for TL but personally I just like to get ahead of them and just wait out their camping since they are more then likely to get reckless as time goes on.

Won a match on BF vs a toonlink who was doing that platform bomb crap..I was little shocked at first and freaking out since he got 1 stock ahead of me since I have heard of that type of plan for BF but never seen it let alone fight it. Sure enough after I got one stock ahead of him and then just proceeded to permamently crawl under every platform so bombs didn't hurt me he ended up being reckless and rushed in when projectiles failed him. I really wish I got that replay it was epic as **** for me at least.

Hoped it helped you a Little bit at least I'm really bad at these type of things. But from what I've seen your doing pretty good so far just need to fine tune some bad habits....zzzz I should take my own advice *sigh*

pichuthedk

Smash Lord

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Umm sorry for double post but no ones responded in what feels like years anyways here's my set in WB vs V115

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS9rmfWXPGw&feature=youtu.be kinda feel like maybe I'm getting the hang of Zss Dittos.

June 12th post
So I was wondering if there are any music suggestions/recommendations for my next video which wont be anywhere near as ******** as the crap I've uploaded thus far. Its around a 23 minute Bo5 MM$ between me and a Rob main in Toronto Named LeafShadow, I know it's a bother but I rather put in things everyone likes as opposed to my random ass moods of uploaded what ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fjeLUhetY0&feature=youtu.be
Anyone who has good R.O.B exp tips or pointers would be appreciated although this was at the end of a tourney still no excuse for something I did really really well but can always do better.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Can I get some help on the Pika match up I've only faced like 2 Pikas before (1 being V115), so this is the 3rd.

I Feel I half did decently well but at the same time got lucky game 1 but then I just got intimidated it seems from 2-3.
I could tell he didn't need to try that hard for me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlarHjPmcQU
his name was Alphicans

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
I'm Leaving my critique for you below but i have a request to this is my bracket set vs a MK and I am finding I'm getting much more accustomed to this match-up But I clearly have a Lot more to work on
I'd really rather not win sets by the skin of my teeth XD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PARxhG9nWE

OK so first thing you got to do is GO CURSE AT SAKURAI For trip within seconds of starting XD.
-When Falco was down throwing you back and fourth from his dair like 3 times I think you should be able to get out of that with sdi-> down b away or something the hit stun you were in was kinda weird.
-When someone like Falco is being an asshole like that to you jabbing you at the ledge side bing close to him is a bad idea Instead try jumping back from ledge and doing a laser even if he down b reflects it you should be able to down b foot stool back to the center of the stage,

-Don't let ppl troll you like that by spot dodging 2+ times infront of you while your in shield Lol you can just Jump cancel upsmash and **** him up.

-I'm not sure if your doing it but you Dair'd him when you ran away to the platform and your dair attempt looked like you wanted to platform cancel.
If you are doing platform cancels that way you should stop and learn the other method/s
(I.E flicking the control stick down when your at the right point and the pressing shield the same time you flick the control stick down so it quickly drops you through the platform as soon as you cancel.)

- When you did that well timed fsmash read on his up b you went and dream laser-ed off his head and hit him as he jumped with that fully charged laser Which was good but trying to grab not the best IMO. I feel like you should have had time to walk up and down smash him with just the tip.

-Try to work on Spacing your Fair cause its something i need to work on as well since hitting them backwards can sometimes **** us over XD

- You did really well at the end with the early kill but I think you needed to work on your punishes a tiny bit cause you shielded and falco side b'd through you and then you dash attacked him you def looked like you had enough time to pivot downsmash.

Spaghetti

Smash Apprentice
thanks dude, your zss is definitely a lot better than mine so im not totally sure if theres anything i could help you with in your critiquing needs :C

i've never actually seen that falco chainthrow before, i had no idea wtf was going on but it looked cool :3 but if he tries that again i'll try what you suggested. also yeah i got pretty unsafe with the sidebs the whole game, i always try to show off b-reversed side-bs and it kills me when its shielded -____-

also yeah i generally use dair for platform cancelling - is there a method for staying on the ledge instead of dropping through?

overall really thanks dude, i appreciate the advice and crits <3

edit: i watched through your video, i could be wrong about any of these so take these with a grain of salt

you really really like to down b flipkick back to the stage, i think it would be less punishable or predictable if you didn't go for the kick most of the time but you normally do - also i think if you really want to use the kick a lot you should try learning the places where the kick cancels on the edge of the platform (it's actually not too hard to get down pretty well, and it works really well).

also i could be wrong about this but i feel like you couldve gone for a lot of shield into utilt punishes, i feel like you gave mk a lot of space on all his options and erred on the side of caution

you're a really patient player and i really think that's really cool, watching your zss is pretty sick because its so different from mine :)

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
thanks dude, your zss is definitely a lot better than mine so im not totally sure if theres anything i could help you with in your critiquing needs :C

i've never actually seen that falco chainthrow before, i had no idea wtf was going on but it looked cool :3 but if he tries that again i'll try what you suggested. also yeah i got pretty unsafe with the sidebs the whole game, i always try to show off b-reversed side-bs and it kills me when its shielded -____-

also yeah i generally use dair for platform cancelling - is there a method for staying on the ledge instead of dropping through?

overall really thanks dude, i appreciate the advice and crits <3

edit: i watched through your video, i could be wrong about any of these so take these with a grain of salt

you really really like to down b flip kick back to the stage, i think it would be less punishable or predictable if you didn't go for the kick most of the time but you normally do - also i think if you really want to use the kick a lot you should try learning the places where the kick cancels on the edge of the platform (it's actually not too hard to get down pretty well, and it works really well).

also i could be wrong about this but i feel like you couldve gone for a lot of shield into utilt punishes, i feel like you gave mk a lot of space on all his options and erred on the side of caution

you're a really patient player and i really think that's really cool, watching your zss is pretty sick because its so different from mine :)

Yes I agree with the Downb kicks on stage but its just a stupid habit and the "I think I can" mentality Or I just assume there is enough time.

Also I know how to platform cancel just find I get punished all the time when I do it regardless of it being mobility or as soon as someone respawns.

I usually either uptilt out of shield or spot dodge -> since I for some reason or another have more success with just spot dodging an attack first.
I was also trying to calm my self down which is why I was being more patient throughout that set. It kind of shocked me when MK took me to FD cause every MK i've ever faced bans that stage so I was a little unsettled.

Back to what you said about your reverse side b's/neut b's I wouldn't worry about it until it gets to the point where you always die when you do it.
Because the more you use those techniques the more familiar you will be with the movement of them and find your self subconsciously using them to put you where you want to be.

I see I did get a smidgen better at mixing things up.

*sigh* as fun as being an underdog is It really is a hard knock life when everyone Gets Annihilated by V115 and then faces your Zss still Salty & MAD AS ****
LOL>.> XD

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Aside from the SD's i would appreciate a critique please and thank you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k--ULHPCFmo vs Snake. This is on (Wi-Fi) so critique if you want.

(Wi-Fi)

I'm Only going to do the snake atm since i Have More exp in that match up then the others...errr I have ike exp but alot of the ikes I know are casualers.
Lets just say you did extremely well in this your uses of the techs like b reverse and glide tossing were really well done.

-At 20 sec - 25 ish seconds when the snake rolled behind you you threw the suit piece forward you might want to consider trying to treat your suit pieces like rations and make them last as long as you can because they certainly come in handy randomly, By which I mean try to trap with up throws and down throws to cover their rolls. I'm no where near perfect with them still after all this time but I've come along way despite that fact there are just some matches when all the items pieces are gone in like 5-15 seconds because I opt to try and pressure them off stage with repeated air dodge cancel throws.

-At 39-42 seconds VERY good **** it takes a tremendous amount of courage to charge a laser in snakes face with that f-tilt of doom he has going for him, I've done somewhat similar with retreating-approaching reverse lasers but that was extremely sexy.

-At 43 seconds when you trapped him and got to land 2 down smashes you opted to do side B which is an awesome option but I was wondering why not the jump Bair was it because you were afraid you wouldn't make the timing? (I know its a mute point since you killed him seconds later without taking damage but against snake I hate taking those kind of risks).

-At 1:10 you shot an uncharged laser-> downsmash which caused him to shield allowing you to run up to dash grab him and try to get him off stage I feel like if his DI was a little different (to the point where he just landed skidding near the edge that follow up dash attack would have knocked him off)

-At 1:35 again like you did for his previous stock you go the downsmash and I guess because of his initial hit on you instead of double d smash -> run behind him jump and bair you did up air which is fine again but there may be times in the future where your kicking your self for that extra little damage also sometimes people will assume your going to bair on the side you are of them which if you run and go behind them before doing so you might cause their DI to be wrong netting a stock earlier then you normally would get.

-at 1:48 you down b kick him facing off stage which you probably hate that it didn't connect ,( that always happens to me the one time I decide a different kick direction i miss the spike or just get punished cause i landed on stage.)
I'm the last person who should be telling you about this but try not to ha ha it is sometimes the bane of a zss's existence. I also bring this up because at 1:46 he pulls a grenade which I guess doesn't matter since you were already down b'd in the air ,However something I try to look for when fighting snakes that try to be jerks with nades is side B'ing their ass for the extra grenade damage. (I'm not really sure if the explosion from the grenade is based off of his stale move set or what but it helps as little as it is when my lazy but gets to a setup to upload replays I'll upload a set Vs a snake at my last tourney.)

-at 1:55 you f-tilted him away and then tried to down B kick him which is ok I guess because of the hit stun he was in but you might be able to pull that off better if he was stunned from a laser/air borne and forced to air dodge the kick.(he punished you and you got a sweet max ranged grab after he tried to trap you with a full hop nair)
-from 2:30 lets say - 2:41 you do an awesome job keeping him pressured and off stage (extremely nice punishing his air dodge landing with the down smash but try to go for that extra d smash -> fair :D)

-at 2:50 the #1 bane of zss the Sakurai "Oh you thought you had that grab ? sorry no you didn't" the only thing you can do about that is write angry letters to Sakurai I haven't received one back yet Zzz. (you could also have just down smashx 2 for damage or sweet spot f smash him so hes off stage and forced to recover)

-3:00 very nice bait of his nair so you could punish him with pivot grab

-3:10 he got to do like 56 % to you from 0 cause you down b'd on stage try to just tether /tether cancel I know its hard to remember since I take loads of % my self from silly little things like that.

-3:24 Going for cake combo? **** that looks like you just skipped that step and sent snake over via express mail, Very nice above stage punish for him pulling a nade.

That's about it you did very well bro how much snake exp do you happen to have btw? I know this was Wifi but it makes understanding your circumstances a tad bit easier. You execute your techs very well and I can't really find much terribly wrong with how you approached him aside from the things that players can tend to forget due to the heat of battle and getting trigger happy ;p.

*edit* Omg before i forget dude how do you get that female announcer on your set up? I've looked it up before but I'm sure I found some reason or another to not go through with the tedious methods.

Top Bottom