• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS now has a kill throw vs MK....

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
seibrik I def believe the edge release nd everything against meta..
but im a fool to listen to your mu's ratios..
snake/mk mu 70:30 mk's favor..
that was not even a joke when you said that lol
zss/mk 55:45 mks favor at most

Edit: zss is sick & experience onces will def get a grab with no problem..
her downsmash is scary which can also lead into a grab..
man this does give her a slight advantage..
Can she grab out of tornado?

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Isn't ZSS uair her most used move in the matchup or something? In that case, wouldn't it be generally stale and thus not really threatening unless it's a fresh stock? <<

Not to mention how bad and hard to land ZSS's grab is, or how ridiculously hard to land her Dsmash is....

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Isn't ZSS uair her most used move in the matchup or something? In that case, wouldn't it be generally stale and thus not really threatening unless it's a fresh stock? <<

Not to mention how bad and hard to land ZSS's grab is, or how ridiculously hard to land her Dsmash is....
It is but her pummel and grab (yeah her grab is unique) refresh moves and she has a grab-release chaingrab on MK.

This doesn't put the matchup in ZSS' favor or anything like that (cough Tommy_G) don't be silly.

OverLade

Smash Hero
seibrik I def believe the edge release nd everything against meta..
but im a fool to listen to your mu's ratios..
snake/mk mu 70:30 mk's favor..
that was not even a joke when you said that lol
zss/mk 55:45 mks favor at most

Edit: zss is sick & experience onces will def get a grab with no problem..
her downsmash is scary which can also lead into a grab..
man this does give her a slight advantage..
Can she grab out of tornado?
Lol Dude Takeover... 70:30?

I think the matchup could possibly develop into 60:40 once top MKs start footstooling out of cypher but it being worse than that is impossible.

And ZSS can grab you out of a low tornado but most MKs tornado just a little too high.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
LOL

is spearpillar legal? :laugh:
No, it is not.

If you think thats bad, WA used to have Norfair legal.. And we are now finally banning Picto (I like Picto though )
We still have both legal, as there hasn't shown to be any consistent dominance or broken strategies on either stage ;)

napZzz

Smash Hero
lol, there was a zss doing this like 2 years ago at brawls release in minnesota.

still good to let those who dont know learn it though

Overswarm

is laughing at you
i would love you to play a non metaknight character and money match me on norfair LOL. that stage is stupid XD
The lava comes on a pre-determined pattern and the lava spurts attack point X (where X is where you are standing at the time the animation starts).

Norfair isn't really that good of an MK stage, really. It suits Wario muuuuuuuch better. G&W is pretty good there too, but those with vertical KO moves can kill him eariler on the top plats. It's also a pretty baller Kirby stage if you can do the slowfall bair through the plat trick.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
Ehhh takeover needs to step up his typing game lol.

@ P4 Seibrik told Takeover that the Snake/MK MU is 70:30 Mk's favor.

lol @ dude above calling seibrik a scrub.

Master Raven

Smash Master
Yeah Takeover kinda worded that funny. MK/Snake is definitely not 7-3 MK, at least right now (nor do I expect it to ever be). I agree with Redhalberd that it could potentially be a 6-4 advantage, but that's as far as it can get.

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
you guys are def confused
I'm saying seibrik said the Snake/Mk Mu
is 70:30 in Mks favor..
I think the Mu is 55:45 MK's favor

Overswarm

is laughing at you
you can grab and dsmash tornado, unless its done at zss's head. low recovering nado's will be getting Eff'd every time.
Can you d-smash MK from above, like on a platform?

Part of my AT streak has shown we might have the ability to cancel our jumps on platforms. If that's the case, ZSS might be able to jump on a platform and d-smash on stages like battlefield. Not a counter by any means, but a neat trick.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
yes, if she is on a platform, she can own most things mk tries to do with dsmash, including nado, sometimes even up-b depending on spacing

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
If you think thats bad, WA used to have Norfair legal.. And we are now finally banning Picto (I like Picto though :()
And it was only banned because GC Guy wanted to copy SoCal tournament rules for their sake. We never had any demonstrated issues with it in tournament, other than it being a very good Valdens counterpick.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Imo the level MK would have to play at for it to be 70:30 would be CPU reaction speed. MK has laser priority so technically he can block by attacking if your timing is good enough but that's not humanly possible. So yeah, 60:40 at the worst...later.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
You really have to fail hard to get hit by ZSS' dsmash or to get grabbed by her. Nothing scary.
Man, you're clueless. >_____>

yes, if she is on a platform, she can own most things mk tries to do with dsmash, including nado, sometimes even up-b depending on spacing
Yes! This is the truth.

**** zss lol
Yes! This is the truth.

Even though ZSS has a clearer advantage against MK, and it definitely is easier for ZSS than many others... I feel safer going Kirby instead of ZSS. :|

And I'm very sure that air release > uair from ZSS isn't new, I've been doing that for a while for example. A number of changes in MK's general strategy should make it harder for ZSS to hit MK with a dsmash, or pull a grab off randomly during the fight.

Top Bottom