• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[:zss:] NCSU Smash Rehash Vol. 5 "The Next Best Thing" ft. Florida, GA, MD/VA =]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
I'm going to be bringing my setup/recording setup and a powerstrip.

Anyway, here's the current version of the program. I spent today working out a few bugs, so it should run smoothly. I'll add seeding by PR and randomly later today, which will give me the rest of the week to work on adding double elimination (I shouldn't need that long, though). I'm also going to add a detailed summary to be displayed at the end of the tournament. For each player it'll say who they played each round, and what their rank changed to.

http://filesmelt.com/dl/SwissTO_Alpha.jar
How do you set how many rounds there are?

Also, how are you going to deal with tiebreakers and building a bracket after swiss?

To be honest, I feel Pools/Bracket is definitely a better choice for this tournament after thinking it over.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I'm going to add a button to allow you to go to double elimination. At that point, swiss will end.

Tiebreakers will either by done by ranking or by Game Win Percentage, the user's choice.

When the user clicks the double elimination button, the program will ask whether the user wants the top 8, 16, 32, or 64 players. Brackets will then be seeded in groups of 4. As an example, top 8 would look like

Or something along those lines. I'll use the dropdown lists like I used for swiss, so the TO can mess around with things.

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
so here's what'cha do CT
you go to your drill thing or whatever
throw some birds out there
yell ****KKKK THE HATERS
then leave and come to the tourney.
also you're welcome to come down a floor and smash with me if you want, the lag ain't too bad.

*CT*

Smash Lord
At like 9 there is supposed to be something downstairs with free food, from what my RA said...so I'm just waiting for that lol

I dunno I haven't really touched smash since that Lan party xP

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
oh really I think I just walked past that only 5 minutes ago putting in my laundry. that's why everyone is there lol

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
absolutely not 4 out of 5 state students will not know the word vegan outside of scott pilgrim.
unfortunately I am serious.

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
oh uhh...

does anyone have the equipment to do commentary? i think we should make that a regular.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Kevin and his car of Jim, Smith, Twitch, Cam (I'm guessing) are crashing at my place Friday night and I'll see how I'm feeling. That proposal of vanishing with Dave and Chris does sound pretty damn enticing. The car from GA (Ron specifically) had contacted me about crashing as well.

Also, I currently am up to 4 usable TV's at my house. If anyone could help get them to the tournament, I'd be happy to contribute to the setup count, even if I decide not to stay.

Also also, I cannot house people Saturday night because Matt is hosting a party for a bunch of people. Someone should try to provide housing if possible.

Mahone

Smash Champion
im quitting life cuz juno's quitting smash

goodbye world.

Naw im still coming....

also, i wasn't really being sarcastic... im hella sad soft isnt coming :(

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
Kevin and his car of Jim, Smith, Twitch, Cam (I'm guessing) are crashing at my place Friday night and I'll see how I'm feeling. That proposal of vanishing with Dave and Chris does sound pretty damn enticing. The car from GA (Ron specifically) had contacted me about crashing as well.

Also, I currently am up to 4 usable TV's at my house. If anyone could help get them to the tournament, I'd be happy to contribute to the setup count, even if I decide not to stay.

Also also, I cannot house people Saturday night because Matt is hosting a party for a bunch of people. Someone should try to provide housing if possible.
STFU, you're going. I hope I don't have anything to do with this... Trust me, I won't bend you over and spank you with sneak's black belt. But seriously Josh, I'd rather see the mature/above-it-all/imperviousness attitude than this. But oh well just one less falco I have to ****.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Josh I will help you move stuff as much as I can(may not have much room though).

Yeroc or someone can hopefully house us Saturday night.

people help with housing please LOL we got oos comin

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
So I know I should have gotten on this when Kevin messaged me about it, but I was pretty busy at the time.

My car and I need housing. I would rather not have to stay at a hotel, since the trip up is a little over 200 as it is.

Can anyone house myself, my girlfriend and my mother? Yeah, my Mom is coming so she can see family while she's here.

Anyone think they can help? Feel free to message me or call/text me at 813 732 7447.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom