• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[:zss:] NCSU Smash Rehash Vol. 5 "The Next Best Thing" ft. Florida, GA, MD/VA =]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
maybe over time, but not all at once

when I say exposure, I mean prolonged exposure. a youtube video is a snapshot of things, and a stream is constant and can allow for more detailed experience with some of our better players that simply don't make it to youtube often(such as yourself).

streams also allow for interaction with the commentators and can help fix any visual problems the commentators may not be seeing(or criticism for the commentators that they could fix before they mess up an entire recorded day).

@your last point: I'd rather have high quality youtube videos, but you shouldn't just blatant call off a stream like that.

if the stream is whack then don't run it(talk to peef though he's GREAT at helping improve streams no matter the quality so it all works out....seriously).

$mike

Smash Ace
i agree with everything you're saying about streams, but i'm basing my "youtube vids > stream" argument with the assumption that we only have raphaelrobo's setup for hq vids

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
*shrug I bet if raph talked to peef he could have a good stream and high quality videos

if it's good videos vs mediocre videos and bad stream then I'd just say videos too but seeing if we could improve the quality of both couldn't hurt.

$mike

Smash Ace
yeah, idk, maybe he could help raph. now that i think of it, one of the only high quality streams i've seen that had the same quality vids was that midwest tourney (the one with darkrain vs andale, cosmo, etc.). no idea if peef was the one behind that, but it's probably likely since it's midwest

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
I want my Falcon dittos with Mike recorded. Falco vs Falcon would be cool too but yeah...>_>

DGAF about anything else ever. <_<

Almost definitely coming due to Kevin's conniving manner. >_>

Mahone

Smash Champion
well i got a new laptop and i have recording stuff, so if i end up going i could probably record... but id probably put it on twitch or some **** and make it unwatchable so i could make 5 bucks

@lightsyde ROFLLL kevin ur so gay dude... always get what u want

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
LMAO @ all of these posts

and yeah peef was probably behind MW stream that he's the big MW streamer

is chu coming for real?

Mahone

Smash Champion
mahone get ur *** down here and record

payday2
maybe...

edit 2 times? LOOOOL

thinking should me and chu show up....

hmmm

and mahone let me knw when ur back in Falls church...*** xD
ya i will, probably not for a while though... no home there anymore :(

lost my mansion lol, guess i'll have to pull an everitt and stay at ur house for weeks

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
I actually messaged Peef a few days ago. I'm going to start the stream when I get there, and he's going to help me get good quality before the tournament starts.

I'm pretty sure I could record the games using one program, and stream the part of the screen that shows the recorded video. That might boost the quality, but I'd have to test it out first.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Actually, I think it's 50 divided by 50, which is 1. But 1 is equal to 100%, so it means he's coming.

Peef just added me to the Twitch melee page, so we'll get the tournament advertised through there.

$mike

Smash Ace
I actually messaged Peef a few days ago. I'm going to start the stream when I get there, and he's going to help me get good quality before the tournament starts.

I'm pretty sure I could record the games using one program, and stream the part of the screen that shows the recorded video. That might boost the quality, but I'd have to test it out first.

flantasticflan

Smash Journeyman
yo snap, is knorr really tryin to go? i'm trying to get some salty runbacks from back in the day

edit: peepee i'm comin for you! if i make it past pools

flantasticflan

Smash Journeyman
Knorr may or may not come
he better since he thinks he can still beat me...noob

edit: quoted the wrong thing...but he's goin down if he comes ;(

double edit: for serious spencer wants to commentate

triple edit: jonny is a hottie, but for cereal let him know he can get in if he wants to hang since i'll pay. also bringing andrew dennis...he'll prolly go down faster than me (hopefully)

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
just wondering but why don't we ever use http://challonge.com/ ?
It looks really good for making brackets and seeding, and it has swiss system, I think
I dunno it seems like a good alternative.
just noticed during WNF and Big two and all that, very good printable brackets.

Mahone

Smash Champion
just wondering but why don't we ever use http://challonge.com/ ?
It looks really good for making brackets and seeding, and it has swiss system, I think
I dunno it seems like a good alternative.
just noticed during WNF and Big two and all that, very good printable brackets.
we used that last weekend at the tournament here and it worked perfectly :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom