• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS General Discussion

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
If you DI, you force less knockback from the move you were just hit from. Less knockback = less distance to get back on stage.
You don't force less knockback, but yeah that was faulty logic on my part.

Thought that if you didn't DI, you would be left closer to the stage (rectangular) but thats a bit... wrong. The distance is the same =)

Kain17

Smash Cadet
Hey, ZSS boards. I've been thinking. I get bashed so hard at tournies for being the only ZSS main there, and it has had me wondering: "Just how many ZSS mains are there compared to say,D3, and how many ZSS mains in TN?"

Tennessee does nothing, except marching band. I feel sorry for ya man.
:urg:

noradseven

Smash Lord
Hey, ZSS boards. I've been thinking. I get bashed so hard at tournies for being the only ZSS main there, and it has had me wondering: "Just how many ZSS mains are there compared to say,D3, and how many ZSS mains in TN?"

:urg:
IDK why this would happen its not like ZSS is a S tier character or anything, tell them to man up. Im not sure about TN, but NC your neighbors we have like 3-4 ZSS mains and I think we only have 1 DDD.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
This made me sad.

They aren't many ZSS mains out there, most likely because of her learning curve. It's a hsame too; we need more reps if we want to get her tier position to go up.

Kain17

Smash Cadet
IDK why this would happen its not like ZSS is a S tier character or anything, tell them to man up. Im not sure about TN, but NC your neighbors we have like 3-4 ZSS mains and I think we only have 1 DDD.
Its not so much that Zamus is too good, but that no one plays her. There's usually only one ZSS main per tourney, if that. Yesterday, there were 5 snake mains out of about 20 people. She just needs a little more rep, and new players, just to show people that our boards have been saying all along.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Its not so much that Zamus is too good, but that no one plays her. There's usually only one ZSS main per tourney, if that. Yesterday, there were 5 snake mains out of about 20 people. She just needs a little more rep, and new players, just to show people that our boards have been saying all along.
Yeah I know but that has happened to me too and I have no idea why ppl make fun of ppl who don't play the top tiers, like ZSS is A/B tier and tourny viable, its not like we are playing ganon or something and if you play ganon in a tourny it should be bonus cred not everyone making fun of you.

sasook

Smash Champion
A lot of people don't play ZSS because of her learning curve. Usually the counter argument is to look at Snake (who DOES have a high learning curve once you can't win with tilt spamming anymore, and actually need to use traps and setups), but even new people can win with him somewhat. Plus, how many characters do you know have a learning curve for recovery? lol

ZSS, Link, Ganon, Oli, Ivy, and Ness. Maybe Mario. Thats all I can think of. So yeah, thats another thing that might turn people away.

Also, this might sound stupid, but some people may not think of her because she's not even on the selection screen, so when you're scanning the screen for a new character, you don't see her. Plus she doesn't show up for Random.

All of these play a role, IMO.

shlike

Smash Ace
as of late i've realized alot more of zss's potential

i still dont think i (or anyone for that matter) have truly tapped into her full potential

i no longer feel frustrated with zss at all frankly i feel excited to use her doing whatever comes to me really its kind of fun actually

i used to think that shes fine where she is on the tier list

but i put her around 10-12 on the tier list

and 1-3 on the fun tier list

and 1 for coolest character to main tier list

we are so cool

lulz

noradseven

Smash Lord
as of late i've realized alot more of zss's potential

i still dont think i (or anyone for that matter) have truly tapped into her full potential

i no longer feel frustrated with zss at all frankly i feel excited to use her doing whatever comes to me really its kind of fun actually

i used to think that shes fine where she is on the tier list

but i put her around 10-12 on the tier list

and 1-3 on the fun tier list

and 1 for coolest character to main tier list

we are so cool

lulz
Dude what about captain fabulous

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
I personally think she´ll cap out at 8 or 10 on the list.

And since I´ve been in peru and takingall these 9 hour bus rides I´ve been doing a lot of thinking about ZSS, and how we´re not nearly as efficient as we can be with her. I´ll make some enormous post on all the stuff I´ve thought of when i get back, mostly common sense stuff that most people don´t realize.

Kain17

Smash Cadet
Argh. I'm tired of this. We all know we're not meeting ZSS' potential, instead of restating that, we should come up with more **** to use. But unfortunately, none of us (to my knowledge. please disprove me.) know where to go from here.

So is there really room to grow?

Zero

Smash Hero
It's not offensive at all, it's a modern colloquialism. It's tasteless to use, but the only people who will be offended by it are the ones who want to. Also I think SFP has much more right to the word than anyone else. It's akin to the use of "****" and the phrase "get *****". There was a thread in the Debate Hall about it too.

Playing 'gay' refers to playing with the intent of maximum annoyance. It's playing so annoying that the other player is beckoned to punch you in the face before playing you ever again. Most of all, it's playing to win. At any cost. Abusing your own character to bring defeat upon others. Many people feel that we do not exercise all of the options that our metagame allows us, which should certainly affect tournament results and tier list placement. So that should change. Abuse the chaingrabs and grab releases. The dashlock and dsmash chains. We've written them off as useless and not influential in character matchups, but they are. And so we should use the options that we're given. Snake does, Metaknight did and Falco sure as hell won't stop against us. So why should we?

noradseven

Smash Lord
dashlock has its uses its p. awesome.
grab releases take too long for substatial damage and I mean you are more likely to mess it up you need to have like 95%+ accuracy to make it worth it, plus even then its very stage situation dependent.

Chaingrabs also own in a few matches.

D-smash locks own for fear I mean I can do them in tourney setting too the problem is you arn't going to hit a falco with d-smash on the stage, p. much ever. For fox and wolf yeah you can hit it(not likely) but you can, do like 5-7 reps then go over B, its normally enough to get an easy gimp.

Also I would post a vid of my friends lucario, for annoyance but I don't have a vid >:(, so here is banana shiki (~the legend) instead, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-P3jaRZjvfQ lololol cheese slicer owns

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Ever since Darc/Boxman got me into watching Starcraft, I've always found "cheese" to be an acceptable replacement for "gay," and only the dairy products get offended.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I'm pretty gay.

The only people who get offended when you use the word as a synonym for "cheesy" in Smash Bros. Brawl trash talk are future Christian PTA members. It doesn't offend me in the slightest. That doesn't mean it won't offend anyone of course, but I won't be spending my life walking on eggshells in the hope that no one I know ever gets offended at anything I say and you shouldn't either.

Every time someone gets offended that you use the word "gay" as a synonym for something else (stupid, or whatever) they are just being insecure. I'm not insecure. Therefore I don't care.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
I guess I am talking about being gayer, but also more efficient, as in do the most damage in each situation. I´m planning on writting a long *** post when I get back to elaborate after I´ve tested a few things.

Also, is combat walking legit (can´t find question mark button). I was thinking proly not since Nick uses it to taunt but never in a match that I´ve seen... but does anyone know (can´t find question mark). And does anyone have a list of characters who can´t escape our third jab (can´t find question mark) I know GaW and RoB

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Also, is combat walking legit (can´t find question mark button). I was thinking proly not since Nick uses it to taunt but never in a match that I´ve seen...
That is the best use I've found for it. The second hit just doesn't have enough stun/knockback/anything for combo back into the first one. (Or it'd combo into the third one)

noradseven

Smash Lord
I don't find it hard at all. Not for a taunt, anyway.
I can do it with link easy, but with ZSS its more grrr, I guess its because I just found out about it recently, also yeah it owns with link, thats like the main reason I learned it was for my link alt.

Top Bottom