• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS General Discussion

noradseven

Smash Lord
I figured it was you. Yeah, I just have some bad habits when playing him, so he was probably expecting those.
Btw, I usually 2-0 him too, so don't feel too proud. ;)
Most Marths have bad habits against ZSS from what I have seen hehe, but then again I haven't seen how dr pp will react when I shutdown his f-air crossup game, Im sure he will switch tactics near immediately.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
sry I didn't get to say bye Nef, it was fun hanging out and sharing metagame.

I already knew faded and kokaloo, but i met nefarious and saw darkwater. It seemed to me nefarious is pretty good he just needs to learn his matchups and he'll be set. Sorry I didn't get to say bye either, but it was fun hanging out with you nefarious. Hopefully i'll come to a norcal tourney soon and we can hang out. You better go to cgc this weekend and do well =).
Fasho guys I had a great time. I left somewhere around after where Larry lost to Ally, because I knew it was gonna take forever and I had to somehow get to BART then get home. I looked around briefly to find you guys and couldn't so I just figured I'd see you some other time.

And yeah I'm going to CGC, we'll see if genesis did anything for me.

ohaiduhg

Smash Lord
Lol I messed up with the Fsmash a lot. Besides there was only 1 Fsmash trick which is done off Falco after you DA him into Wobble frames.

Eh, I played like utter **** at Genesis. My Utilts kept turning into Usmashs and Dash Attacks were Fsmashs. And after Dsmashes my mind would skip on what I whould be doing after them.

Nef did show me the Bair spacing trick or whatever. It had some lulz behind it.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Startling realization that maybe you guys knew but I didn't:

ZSS' legs all make swords sounds when they hit/connect/miss. Every attack that she does with her legs has a disjoint.

ZSS' legs are swords. ZSS is a sword character.

Discuss.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick

ZSS' legs all make swords sounds when they hit/connect/miss. Every attack that she does with her legs has a disjoint.

Discuss.
So... She takes off her armor... And reveals swords...
Mind = Blown

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ

Discuss.
I mean, if you hit someone hard enough with the right part of your shin, it can feel pretty sharp...

Samus must have some sharp shins. Shins that extend past her feet.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Only uair sounds like a sword to me...
Well, Ike's sword sounds like a cannon on every move. At least one of our sword moves sounds like a sword.

Edit: Also, now every reference to ZSS's legs in the guide needs to be changed to swords.

noradseven

Smash Lord
ZSS Down B is made of Metal
I like to think in my head with the down B spike to time it.

Are you (press down B)ooookay, bustaaaa(spike)wuuulf

IDK it just helped me get the timing down for the spike.

So I guess what I am trying to say is that down B is made like a falcon punch.

Blade1844

Smash Apprentice

Discuss.
You mean all the time I was playing matches against Marth or ToonLink, that it was a swords match!!! This could change things...

Zephil

Smash Ace
Ey ppl just passing by and saying hi...
I just decided to second Zss behind my Snake but still I will use her a lot...

About the topic... what other reason could there be for so powerful legs... of course they are swords

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
So, there's a MA Falco called Bloodcross going to a FL tournament tomorrow. Anybody from/near MA know if he's any good? Falco is scary. O_O

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Bloodcross is decent-good, his playstyle is alot like mine.

Watch a few of his vids in the falco critique thread, see what he does wrong, exploit.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Bloodcross is decent-good, his playstyle is alot like mine.

Watch a few of his vids in the falco critique thread, see what he does wrong, exploit.
Thanks for the help. ^^

Yeah,. not as good as Underground, so it's not scary to me.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
His playstyle is still flawed, for example he tries to mindgame without success, then proceeds to do it again.

It seems that he easily falls into habits, why don't you let him get the illusion that things work and punish him badly for it later.

noradseven

Smash Lord
His playstyle is still flawed, for example he tries to mindgame without success, then proceeds to do it again.

It seems that he easily falls into habits, why don't you let him get the illusion that things work and punish him badly for it later.
lol I have done this before it works to variying degrees, depending on the player.

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
I just realized that the text at the beginning of the new thread title isn't just gibberish, but a string of ZSS player names...

Sorry I haven't been around much guys, not that it really matters. I've just been really busy, and what's worse, I'm going on a mission trip for a week tomorrow. =P

sasook

Smash Champion
Lol, yeah I realized that a while ago.

Dazwa
Warpstatus
SFP
Hence
Norad
Faded
Charby
ph00t
Snakeee
Cake

In that order.

Hence

Smash Ace
Lol, yeah I realized that a while ago.

Dazwa
Warpstatus
SFP
Hence
Norad
Faded
Charby
ph00t
Snakeee
Cake

In that order.
Nefarious B was in there somewhere.
"charbyBageee" if I remember recorrectly. lol

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Does anyone else believe that FSmash isn't completely useless? People always seem to say, 'Oh, she always has a better option'. Not always. For example, if your opponent is at 130% and your side B is stale (which is definitely possible), you can use FSmash instead as a kill move, if you find that you're against an opponent who spaces well enough not to get hit by Bair. It has less start-up than side B, so why shouldn't it hit?

Plus it has mindgame potential too. For example, if you use it, they may be stunned in shock and get hit, and still be in shock when they're flying, and forget to DI, and they die. Don't get me wrong, for most purposes FSmash is crap. I'm just saying that it isn't completely useless.

Hence

Smash Ace
An opponent who spaces well enough to avoid getting hit by B-Air will not get hit by F-Smash. The start-up is ridiculous, the hitboxes are unpredictable, and the ending lag upon missing will be extremely punishable. You DO always have better, less risky options.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Well, OK. What about if you're trying to use side B, but then they roll behind you and you get punished? If you use FSmash, the back hitbox gets them.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Does anyone else believe that FSmash isn't completely useless? People always seem to say, 'Oh, she always has a better option'. Not always. For example, if your opponent is at 130% and your side B is stale (which is definitely possible), you can use FSmash instead as a kill move, if you find that you're against an opponent who spaces well enough not to get hit by Bair. It has less start-up than side B, so why shouldn't it hit?

Plus it has mindgame potential too. For example, if you use it, they may be stunned in shock and get hit, and still be in shock when they're flying, and forget to DI, and they die. Don't get me wrong, for most purposes FSmash is crap. I'm just saying that it isn't completely useless.
I use it normally to screw with ppl, but its main use is its a lazy on landing hit, because the hitbox is active for so long, it makes it easy to hit ppl during the unblockable landing time, plus good range and its faster than over B.

The backhitbox totally miss's anyone not tall guys seriously, its only uses is for ******* with ppl, or just to use as a meaty on landing, or if you have both your over B and b-air horribly degraded and somehow landed a d-smash, at kill %s.

*hint don't miss its like missing a grab, don't do it.

Zephil

Smash Ace
the only way I could see fsmash useful is as a surprise at really high % with my other kill moves stale... at least is more useful that other moves in the game ex: mario´s dair

PepsiMista

Smash Apprentice
"FSMASH IS MY BEST MOVE"
who said that?

btw, arent we proud we main ZSS?
i ****ing am!

Top Bottom