• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS General Discussion

Salem

Smash Champion
F-tilt is a cool move and sends people at an awkward angle at higher percentages, mostly because nobody expects to be hit by it so they DI it incorrectly.

Idgaf about the tripping factor from it, the trip doesn't lead to d-smash so f it.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
F-tilt is a cool move and sends people at an awkward angle at higher percentages, mostly because nobody expects to be hit by it so they DI it incorrectly.
This so much. I killed P1 with low ftilt LOL
Also the tripping is amazing, it leads into dash attack and dtilt!

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Yeah, never jab2 Marth.
Unless you've tried it and discovered that the Marth isn't aware that he gets a free upB after your jab2. Then, by all means, hold A XD

Oh wait, I think I (and SFP) misread your question. Uh, as for the rapid jab1, it's good against things like popping Diddy's peanuts, MK's glide (unless they're super skilled with it and can space it so that it can only hit your head...but I doubt anyone is that good with it), when you're standing by the edge and you're expecting an offstage opponent to jump up into it so you catch their jump, clashing with items (bouncing suitpieces, turnips...idk about anything else lol), catching characters out of their recovery (eg Fox and Falco sideB, though I prefer to just time it)

PEACE7

Smash Champion
Yea I should of been more specific. But you got me I knew about the clashing with suit pieces and popping peanuts but had no idea about it been useful against glide attack and stuff. Thank you very much.

:phone:

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Can someone teach me how to play against Yoshi without looking so ****ing ********

Seriously, I hate Yoshi. I played against NGFC a lot this week. I'll typically win, but I feel like an idiot the whole time. It's like everything I have learned about playing ZSS with any kind of fluidity goes out the window and I party like it's 2009. Every time an egg hits me and every time I get grabbed I'm like "yeah duh that was coming."

Also Yoshi seems way too good at stealing my suit pieces at the start of a match especially on battlefield, I get really confused and end up just throwing them anywhere.

Jesus I'm bad.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Don't throw pieces horizontally without a read (ie without being 100% sure it's gonna hit them). Applies to all MUs.
Jab cancelling on shield is good. Mix in some low ftilts and dsmashes. Especially on the back of his shield. Bair on shield is good too.
Yoshi's OoS options suck, except for spotdodge, so you should be charging dsmashes more often.
Watch out for fair--> something frametraps (usually fair-->nair)
Juggle him. Usmash is actually good (and it beats out dair).
Don't get grabbed (we get CGed)
If you're on a platform and Yoshi is coming from below to hit you, be ready to avoid the Egg Lay. If he dairs, SDI and then utilt.
Punish landings with nB/sideB cause he doesn't usually fall close enough for you to dsmash him.

1:21:30 http://www.twitch.tv/acgamesonline/b/354360809

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Thanks. Can we do anything to Yoshi when he dairs our shield and lands far enough away? Utilt doesn't work, Dash attack usually gets shielded. I feel like there's got to be an option I'm not considering. Maybe reverse f/dtilt...

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
ledge jump > DJ > airdodge
Get read and Fsmashed. It probably won't kill anyway so repeat to infinite or until someone messes up.

Every character sucks at getting up from the ledge, imo.
idk, just mix it up. ZSS has Plasma Whip, Paralizer, Flip Jump and an amazing mobility to make stuff happen.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Most Marths wait because you can get ZSSs get up, get up attack, and get up roll on reaction. Leaving only drop and jump lol. Drop's not gonna do you good if they keep their distance so yeah. thats just my take though

fkacyan

Smash Hero
New forum design is even less readable than the old one was. Short posts take up even MORE screen space because of the huge sidebar for avatar / name / title / joindate / postcount. But I won't get into the aesthetics of design on Smashboards .

ZSS has a HUGE ledge jump that not a lot of people take good advantage of, but ZSS doesn't have good landing options at close range and her boxing game is really really poop because our jab blows.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Or you could just realize that there's still being work done to this site and we're still just using default skins that come with the software while we're working on correcting the skins for the new software.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
New forum design is even less readable than the old one was. Short posts take up even MORE screen space because of the huge sidebar for avatar / name / title / joindate / postcount. But I won't get into the aesthetics of design on Smashboards because Bionic masturbates to whatever he works on and can do no wrong.
This was completely unnecessary. If you have this kind of a personal problem with the forums or a specific user, take it to Forum Support.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Or you could just realize that there's still being work done to this site and we're still just using default skins that come with the software while we're working on correcting the skins for the new software.
I heard that Vibrant was a WiP too, and that was always a pile of crap. Thankfully, we have in-browser webpage modification now.

Loving that out-of-the-box-features that could fix major issues like the ability to hide use medals and extras from posts to shorten page length don't work, too.

EDIT: @ above lol who are you

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
IDK if you ever had premium, but there were a lot more skins that were actually well designed. Ankoku made premium ones that were very readable and highly functional. afaik Ankoku will be working to make skins again. I'll have to double check though.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
IDK if you ever had premium, but there were a lot more skins that were actually well designed. Ankoku made premium ones that were very readable and highly functional. afaik Ankoku will be working to make skins again. I'll have to double check though.
I have to pay for a working UI? Are you serious?

Looks like I'll be writing some new Greasemonkey stuff.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I would like to mention that this user interface is functioning and you are able to respond to posts.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Actually, not always. I frequently have to copy/paste what I'm typing into a refreshed page because the reply box hangs for 60+ seconds. That's the server, though, and not the UI.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I want Slowpoke World Forums back. Also Alerts aren't working and sometimes the dropdown comes down but I can see the not-dropped-down white text behind it and have to click.

I do beta testing. My job is to whine about this stuff.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Oh, and whenever you click a subforum list, sometimes it autoretracts, and when you scroll inside one ala the Character subforums, it doesn't lock the scrollwheel inside the dropdown and you can scroll down away from the dropdown. Whee.

Oh, and unless I'm missing something you can't see the read or unread states of subforums either.

Oh, and I like using 'Oh, and."

Top Bottom