• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS General Discussion

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I really want to go Whobo, but I'm not sure, carrer's being a ***** lately....

Zanx8

Smash Journeyman
So there appears to be this very good ZSS from France (I'm assuming he's from France) named Okals...taking games off of Leon and Glutonny and ****
Just look at the recent videos uploaded by SmashTournoi on youtube, he was at MU10 and the tournament right before it named...NML10 or something
Anyway, he's pretty good but he seems to be lacking some of ZSS' fundamentals...and he stales bair like it's his job XD It's a shame he doesn't post here (AFAIK), he seems to have a lot of potential, and I think he could iron out a few kinks with our advice.

Am I just tardy to the party or is this your first time seeing him as well?
A few days ago I saw some of his matches, and they were pretty sick I have to say. :)

Dakpo

Smash Lord
So there appears to be this very good ZSS from France (I'm assuming he's from France) named Okals...taking games off of Leon and Glutonny and ****
Just look at the recent videos uploaded by SmashTournoi on youtube, he was at MU10 and the tournament right before it named...NML10 or something
Anyway, he's pretty good but he seems to be lacking some of ZSS' fundamentals...and he stales bair like it's his job XD It's a shame he doesn't post here (AFAIK), he seems to have a lot of potential, and I think he could iron out a few kinks with our advice.

Am I just tardy to the party or is this your first time seeing him as well?
lol your talking about quicksliverItily
I talk to him on the german smashboards sometimes. We have discussed a few thing. I can tell him to join our boards if you want

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
ZSS players...........your sexy character intrigues me. I feel the urge to learn how to play this blonde gazelle of death.

.EXE

Smash Apprentice
ZSS players...........your sexy character intrigues me. I feel the urge to learn how to play this blonde gazelle of death.
I did some animal test and turnes out Samus is a Gazelle of some type forget what it was actually called, and I did this based on what I know from her personality though I may have to do it again because of Other M.

I'll be at Whobo most likely.
Good I want to see you! Yes, want.

How come the people I want to talk to or have questions for are banned? Xyro77 I have questions for you as well!

discovered gamebreaking AT with zss, will post vid tomorrow.
What is AT? My june portion of my brain is acting up right now so what I should know I don't for the time being.

Finally I use up throw more frequently now, I noticed this when Playing an olimar the other day I beat before the game went slow- Mo brawl on me.

@ BioDG changing the grab habits but I think I should take off grab altogether I am seeing less benefits for it at the moment dunno will play around with control FYI I usually change my controls every 2-3 days So I either heve a ton of tags with weird or random controls.

As for that Zss you guys were talking about I was always told not to stale my back air but after watching that guy play don't think I'll listen to that. It got me thinking the way he was playing and the same way I always play against the sandbag online. Anyways the conclusion that I got to was maybe he's staling the bair for a reason then I thought of the Jiggs and her bair maybe the unknown intention is to stale it out so it ends up like jiggs back air. Then I thought of Papa Mink whom I want to call pink our very own Jiggs and Zss main.

Just looking for your thoughts ppl.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Iono why ZSS grabs. All your throws do the same thing as dtilt/uptilt.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Lol, no they don't.
uthrow does 11% (utilt does 12) but you can pummel to get that extra damage and refresh moves. Pretty much same positioning as utilt, but more cooldown, so it's really more for damage/refreshing than it is for followups.
Dthrow is basically a stronger (7%) dtilt.
Fthrow does 9% and sets up for uair/fair/nair/maybe bair..and it puts them in front of you and can cg and stuff
Bthrow...is basically a turnaround ftilt XD

Oh and you can grab shields. You can't utilt shields XD. And pummeling and stuff

.exe if you stale your bair then your only kill options are
-Hope to get a dsmash (so you can follow up with fsmash/2nd hit fair/fresh sideB)
-Fresh uair (I don't think uair is ever fresh, lol)
-Hope to kill with sideB (-_-)
-Hope to kill with fair (-_-)
-Kill at ~150%

Bair is arguably our best way to kill, outside of dsmash-->w/e.

.EXE

Smash Apprentice
See that's what I mean things I already know but forget Salem taught this to me already when a whole bunch of us were asking him about it on Aib chat. This was probably back in September/ October.

Was funny though he started talking and the one thing we didn't know we bothered him about it disregarding his whole rant he was sorta upset at the amount of ppl asking, because all we wanted to know was AT.

Up throw ppl come on just dont use it on pikachu or starfox characters I think.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
um so it seems that if you low angled ftilt out of neutral B after hitlag (normal stun duration) ends and during hitstun (so you wait until the stun ends and they go into hitstun) the ftilt always trips until it would launch them off the ground. once enemy is not grounded this ceases to work. (for example this doesn't appear to work out of dsmash)

not super interesting but wtf

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I'm almost positive this isn't zss-specific (that wouldn't really make sense) so i'm really hoping this doesn't get out, I really would prefer if MK didn't suddenly have a loop on the whole cast or something

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I'm not really sure what even causes it, but I did this for like 10 minutes straight today and every time, Snake, Dedede, and Falco tripped (didn't try it on anyone else, I have to assume it's universal).

It MIGHT be the increased hitlag (her stuns nB and dsmash are both just really high hitlag) but I dunno :X

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I just tried it out, and it didn't work 100% of the time for me.
Though low-angled ftilt seems to have an EXTREMELY good trip chance at low percents, cause I was able to trip 13 times in a row at 0% (ie each ftilt was at 0%), starting from a fresh ftilt.

The trip percentage seems to drop as ftilt gets stale though.

w/e, even if it doesn't work 100% of the time it's still worth it to go for it, imo. uncharged nB-->low angled ftilt-->dash attack-->utilt did 32% when everything was fresh.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
It works 100% of the time. I did it like 100 times straight. The timing is pretty strict. The thing is, there's a good chance you'll trip anyway because ftilt has a 30% chance to trip early so even if you miss it might still work

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Yeah Mink, but you can't reset off of a trip.
SFP...are you exaggerating when you say 'like 100 times straight'?

What do you mean by strict timing? It doesn't seem that strict to me :\ Then again, maybe I'm doing it wrong.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Can you Dsmash them after they trip ?

If you ARE able to, you could have a very nice "Combo" on characters, haha.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I don't think it'd be guaranteed on all characters.
Maybe on G&W cause iirc he has one of the longest (if not THE longest) trip animations in the game...idk I'd have to look up the frame data for each character's trip animation.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I didn't count but for literally 5 minutes straight, maybe more, I did nothing but hit them with fully charged nB and ftilt and unless the ftilt launched them into the air, they tripped.

And it wasn't at 0% every time.

.EXE

Smash Apprentice
Glad you mentioned this I should have said something about this back when I was using Upthrow and Ftilt on snake but glad you posted this Supermodel great to see ppl active on Zss boards. 1PokeMastr! O___O

I'd just like to mention before it slipds my mind and I'll say it anyways because I don't care what you think really try it or not (recommended in a match) Up throw sets up for a full jump/ boosted Up B at high persecnts though one thing you have to note is what direction they DI. Much thanks to dakpo on figuring out her Down air cancel off of footstooled from the ground. (I have actually tried to do it in game/ team battles go 1 once)

Also same applies to Side B if they go away from you a full jump towards them and Side B might hit try it out at varying percents again recommended in a match doing it on the comp is not the same get your practice buddy or in a friendly.

I was able to try these out on my last ladder match on AIB because of a few Desyncs and even though I got the comment my Zss is legit tho (Tho I hate that stupid phrase!) and won all 3 matches (1st match desynced when they had 1 stock) I still think she needs some work as I don't D tilt into U air as others do.

@ V115 do you wait and time your D tilt as you watch their sheild and their frames from dodging?

@ BioDG much thanks for doing the ditto's apparently though I know here weaknesses I have no knowledge LMBAO of a ditto MU because I lost to the same guy I beat on ladder in a friendly Zss ditto xD >____<

@ Tho tho tho tho and finally Ii seems that the gaming industry or we gamers are changing everything and swaying styles and expressions as we know it. I say this after visiting urban planet and seeing "SWAG on a lot of tees for gus and girls I know this is a trend and may or may not fade in time but I just wanted to call it out now. I wouldn't be surprised if I started seeing T shirts with "tho" on them in the near future in fact I would hate it but I would blame the brawl community not memes just the no...... the whole smash community! It would really piss me off to even hear tho in real life **** ****er ****! Da ****!

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
From what I know with Dk, if we buffer an Fsmash/ Punch after they trip from our Down Tilt, it hits everyone.

D-Tilt ends on Frame 22 -> Punch hits frame 18. Fsmash on Frame 22.
Your F-Tilt on Frame 28 ( Ends ) -> Dsmash Frame 20.

So, Probably will/ won't ( Most likely won't ), but.. even then. It'd be great as a mix up to catch people off guard.

Top Bottom