• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS General Discussion

infiniteV115

Smash Hero

Edit: Oh yeah, if anyone cares, here are some vids of me from that recent tourney where I got 3rd
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9EGEapn6z4 - Suzaku
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DFP_bvTn-A - Patches

And I have my sets vs Ally and Holy in the critique thread (lol)

There should be more vids soon, including at least 1 more set against Suzaku. Might also get up my other set with Patches (I had 2 sets with both Suzaku and Patches at this tourney, weird bracket) and that'd be it for bracket. If there are any pools matches I'll upload the set where I let a Diddy CP me to FD so I could infinite 2 stocks off him, lawl.

BioDG

Smash Ace
Great matches, V115. I'm disappointed in Suzaku's performance, to be honest. Though the wall lock was hilarious.

I've never seen nair used in that way. Really interesting. I have to try that.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Great matches, V115. I'm disappointed in Suzaku's performance, to be honest. Though the wall lock was hilarious.

I've never seen nair used in that way. Really interesting. I have to try that.
Beautiful matches vs. Suzaku.
Your use back-hit nair like me, I'm so happy. :3

Seriously though, thanks. I've been feeling really good lately about my performance, it seems like at every tourney I go to I'm way better than the last one. I'm improving rather quickly, imo.

And imo, my best use of back hit nair was quite a while back. I did it instinctively and I immediately thought "HOLY **** I'M A ****ING GENIUS".
I'm talking about this.

But, yeah, nair is great. 10% every time is really nice.

Dakpo

Smash Lord
Im glad that someone besides me uses Nair for their down smash combos. Ive been preaching it for almost a year now

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I don't like staling bair..you may not have noticed, but I almost never use it until the opponent is at kill percents.
Or if I have a stock lead, cause it's free damage, and if I die it'll be fresh again so w/e

I actually started doing dsmash x2-->ff sweetspot nair because of you, Dakpo.
Just look at the most recent comments and see for yourself
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oISE5QLUpkk

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I remember when I was fairly new to SWF, the first thing I did was go to the thread called "Ask Nick Riddle how to be amazing" and I asked him how to use nair.

He said something like
"The back hitbox is huge and amazing. When Snake recovers high, hit him with that"

I started doing that immediately, and slowly and slowly I began to use back hit nair more and more, and now..well,
Your use back-hit nair like me, I'm so happy. :3
I'm doing it so much that Nick forgot how2grammar

Dakpo

Smash Lord
I don't like staling bair..you may not have noticed, but I almost never use it until the opponent is at kill percents.
Or if I have a stock lead, cause it's free damage, and if I die it'll be fresh again so w/e

I actually started doing dsmash x2-->ff sweetspot nair because of you, Dakpo.
Just look at the most recent comments and see for yourself
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oISE5QLUpkk
this....yes yes yes
Yes
YES!!!
Influenced the Zss metagame :cool: I feel like I could quit now

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
And now you guys have to use back-hit nair when falling while somebody is on a platform above you.
Get's then... occassionally... And it's fairly safe.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Yeah I was ****ing around in training mode on BF and noticed that sh nair will hit somebody on the TOP platform.
Nair is soo good.

Oh yeah, sh buffered fully charged nB comes out at like the EXACT same height as the lower BF platforms (ie a fully charged nB that comes out ASAP, from a sh), so you can use it to like destroy landmines and pop grenades and ****. And since nB has set knockback, you can use it to force an edgeslip (it'll probably shieldpoke too since it comes out at such an ideal height) and then shoot another nB when they hit the ground to force a getup. Then you can get in 3 dsmashes and follow up (the 1st during the 'bouncing' animation, it won't stun. The latter 2 after the get-up, the first of these 2 will stun), 4 dsmashes if they're at high percents.

BioDG

Smash Ace
Well, I remember seeing Dakpo use back-nair after 2xdsmash on Snake. I've never seen it after uair or as a falling aerial. Nice info on BF, too, V115. It was one of those things I think I noticed but never paid attention to.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I actually saw it already because I was on the Pika boards and Birdman posted it XD
The only clip I liked was the one with you on Brinstar where you combod with the footstool and suitpieces and upB and **** XD

.EXE

Smash Apprentice
Just a question do any of you Zss mains follow up on a Up throw and if you do what do you do?

Do you guys even use up throw?

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Just a question do any of you Zss mains follow up on a Up throw and if you do what do you do?

Do you guys even use up throw?
U-throw is only used if I cannot get a follow-up from any throw, and I want the extra 1% it does.

BioDG

Smash Ace
you guys actually use uthrow? :/

Aside from Nick's input, I haven't found any practical use for it.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I almost never use it. I only use it when I'm desperate for damage when the opponent is already at high percents (eg I just got killed and Snake is at 120%, so not really kill percents)

I usually use fthrow/dthrow cause I can follow those up with DA/uair/dsmash.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
The most notable was 2-D Jeff.
But, other good players in CFL i beat were Wumbo and KDB.
I beat True Blue in Semis i think it was. For 4th. It was a *****. Sonic was obnoxious and my OoS Uaring out of shield caused me to not kill him on game 2 last stock until 190%.

I lost to GDX in winners, 2-0 and then ran into him Losers Finals,
Game 1 i took on lylat.
Game 2 he took on BF, last hit.
Game 3 i CPd Halberd, he picked GW, i picked :popo; and won.
Game 4, i was at 64%, GDX was at 70-80% and the stage flipped and i died in the blast zone. For no raisin. Wtf.
Game 5 - i brought him to Yoshis, and he won, last stock i think he had 40 or 50.

Against Jeff i went :popo: vs his :falco: though, game 1 and 3 i won with :popo: game 2 i went :wolf: vs :falco:.

Wumbo game 1 was ZSS vs :kirby: and i barely won. That MU is hard for me, and he may be returning to the scene, but he has good reads with ZSS's AMAZING ability to suck at landing on the stage. He spaces bair really well too. Then game 2 i went :popo: vs his :marth:

Against KDB, (he usually plays kirby) i told him i was going zss before the match so he picked :falco: to try to **** on me... and i won. Game 2 i banned firgate (on purpose to bait him to picking FD) and i went :popo: because he only has falco and kirby lol..

Seriously though, this was the best i've done yet.
I had alot of momentum when i was kiled by frigate, and i seriously think i could have won. Either way. :)

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
I think if you're doing an animation while the stage flips then you'll die off the top, if you're on the left side. I know you'll die if you roll, dunno about other stuff.

.EXE

Smash Apprentice
you guys actually use uthrow? :/

Aside from Nick's input, I haven't found any practical use for it.
I found a use for it well just a thought but does not seem viable and as InfiniteV115 said about the cooldown makes it rather useless....Hmmmm I will not be sharing it afterall just gonna play around some more.

Been practicing with a snake. (Hate short characters)

Ok some things I have been trying are up-throw at low percents..... ugh I'm gonna come back to this I don't feel ready yet.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
If you're ever going to use uthrow, don't do it at low percents. That makes it more likely that the opponent will hit you during cooldown.

I mean I can't say for certain that an uthrow on Snake at low percents would lead to ZSS getting baired, but it seems entirely possible. At low percents dthrow is probably better because it's easier to follow up with dsmash.

.EXE

Smash Apprentice
Dunno depends on how they land and I know I'm not putting it to practical in game use as in against another person where Di will come into factor.

Try it for yourself if you'd like.

However I have found that it's good for putting ppl on platforms remember this is imo like on battlefield because the way they land or are tossed seems wholly different from the other grabs, as they get sent into that tumbling state like in a star KO.

Ok Just gonna say the things that I have tried up to you if you do try them or not.

Anyways I find that up throw is to see as whether the opponent will use their 2nd jump or what not, after that you might be able to follow that up with up air or whatever think it's viable near the ledge?

What I have been doing is using my tilts after the up throw at low percent I have only tried this on snkae, diddy kong, and sheik but sheik is like a sheet of paper. So what I'd do is up throw walk over and F tilt and I can hit him up to 3 times if I'm lucky most of the time it is 2. After that I down smash or down tilt and follow it up with something for D tilt I did Uair's her specialty.

Gonna be trying to use up throw more but I think it is best on heavy characters again I'm just experimenting.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
What I have been doing is using my tilts after the up throw at low percent I have only tried this on snkae, diddy kong, and sheik but sheik is like a sheet of paper. So what I'd do is up throw walk over and F tilt and I can hit him up to 3 times if I'm lucky most of the time it is 2. After that I down smash or down tilt and follow it up with something for D tilt I did Uair's her specialty.
Uthrow --> ftiltx3? What are you smoking and where can I get some? LOL
I assume you're talking about jab locking with her ftilt after uthrow...but no this is never EVER going to work on anyone unless they fall asleep or unplug their controller LOL

If you're going for followups, use dthrow/fthrow, and maybe bthrow depending on the situation.
You should only use uthrow if you need the damage and you can't follow up any of the other throws. Or in doubles if your teammate is ready to punish from above or something.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Hello there fellow Zamuses!

I've been sub-maining ZSS since a while now. I love her but I'm bad with her. I keep practicing tho.
So I just decided to pass by, say hello, kinda trying to join your community and lurk to learn more... So you'll probably see me here often.

(This is the place to post this, right?)

.EXE

Smash Apprentice
Upthrow kills lightweights at around 200.
Lol now samus is pit? Was this on stage or on a platform Highly unlikely you'll get a grab on a platform but I appreciate the effort and thanks for sharing I'll try it out myself Tesh.

I was killed by an upsmash from a Zss at 130% or about 130% on a platform it was on BF one of the lower plats and I know you can Di out of the attack but just gonna throw this out there.

@ kyokoro_pamuyo yeah welcome any person who touches samus is immediately indoctrinated into the church of metroid for me ^____^

@ V115 I think the up throw is a bait for jumping as well I dunno as opposed to writing off an attack as useless I'd rather find use for it so that's pretty much why I brought up the whole upthrow issue but thanks for your thoughts especially on the cooldown. If anything i think that is why I subconsciously don't use it also on the possibilities of follow ups which may be at 0 or in the negatives.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
So there appears to be this very good ZSS from France (I'm assuming he's from France) named Okals...taking games off of Leon and Glutonny and ****
Just look at the recent videos uploaded by SmashTournoi on youtube, he was at MU10 and the tournament right before it named...NML10 or something
Anyway, he's pretty good but he seems to be lacking some of ZSS' fundamentals...and he stales bair like it's his job XD It's a shame he doesn't post here (AFAIK), he seems to have a lot of potential, and I think he could iron out a few kinks with our advice.

Am I just tardy to the party or is this your first time seeing him as well?

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
He has an amazing natural juggling game (frametraps with Uair and stuff), but his random Bairs as Dsmash combo followup killed me. Also, his recovery....
Props, pretty sure we'll hear more of him soon of he improves one or two points.

Top Bottom