• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS General Discussion

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I have a player fund being started to get me to Canada

I really want to go, but I seriously already work two jobs to pay rent/student loans/bills so it's not like I can get another job (like someone suggested I do in the thread)

If you want me to go, you should consider donating.

I hate asking for money and stuff, but without help I can't go and it's not like this is a situation where I could save up money to go :(

Note: The solution to the Mystery of the Returning Flip Jump after Flip Stool still eludes me

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
My first ZSS tourney tomorrow.

Wish me luck :)

I'll try to get some vids and I THINK I fixed my streaming so we'll see how it goes

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
If MK is gliding at you (more or less horizontally) is it safe to jump at him and fair? I assumed it was cause it always worked for me, and I figured glide attack clashes with fair1, and then MK gets hit by fair2. Either that or he gets hit by fair1, and most likely fair2 right after. Is this bad theorycraft? XD

zmx

Smash Lord
If MK is gliding at you (more or less horizontally) is it safe to jump at him and fair? I assumed it was cause it always worked for me, and I figured glide attack clashes with fair1, and then MK gets hit by fair2. Either that or he gets hit by fair1, and most likely fair2 right after. Is this bad theorycraft? XD
No but I think in that MU the primary concern for ZSS should be nado approaches. Any time I've seen this MU nado seems to destroy ZSS without them being able to do anything about it. The MKs will just bait out a laggy move like neutral b and then nado her to death. But then again MK is primarily banned now so w/e.

In other words MK doesn't really need to utilize glide in that MU. He has more then enough options.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Crouch against Nado.
DownB against Nado.
Dsmash against Nado.
Pivot Grab against Nado.

Fair/Utilt are both legit against glide attack but need timing. You don't want him to hit the second fair and then you have to land.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
No but I think in that MU the primary concern for ZSS should be nado approaches. Any time I've seen this MU nado seems to destroy ZSS without them being able to do anything about it. The MKs will just bait out a laggy move like neutral b and then nado her to death. But then again MK is primarily banned now so w/e.

In other words MK doesn't really need to utilize glide in that MU. He has more then enough options.
Lol, I don't know what vids you've been watching, but ZSS doesn't really have trouble with nado. I mean yeah, she does in the sense that it's a great move, but she has a lot less trouble with it than a lot of other characters. It's not really a huge problem. DownB goes right through it btw, transcendent priority ftw.

And the point of fairing into glide attack is to punish missed shuttle loops (though uair is usually better for that if it was a grounded SL) and attempts at recovering with glide.

I've been beginning to use dair against nado. So funny XD

zmx

Smash Lord
That is if you can read they'll nade and down b/dair in time. But dair being useful is indeed kind of sad. I honestly can't think of a worse dair in the game xD

Hmmm a recent example of this MU was Salem vs vvvZero (MK) in a small tourny. I can't remember how it went except that zero dominated. You can probably youtube it and find it.

OOS Up B is one of my favourite moves as MK but I would definitely NOT try it much against ZSS on a stage with no platforms. Just not worth the risk imo. She is like made to punish bad air time lol

Incidentally do you think you've faced any good MKs V115? Because that MU looks like hell for ZSS against an MK that knows what it's doing. But who knows, you might just be really good at it.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
No, I haven't faced any good MKs. I've only been to one MK legal tourney while I was "good", which was SiD4. I beat MPrime and Sauc3 there (the vids are up on CanadaBrawl) but they aren't exactly good MKs.
I've faced Holy's MK and TO Joe's MK at my first tournament and got destroyed by both, cause it was my first tournament.

No, the MU isn't hell for ZSS. It's a +1, ZSS has one of the better MK MUs.

Dakpo

Smash Lord
That is if you can read they'll nade and down b/dair in time. But dair being useful is indeed kind of sad. I honestly can't think of a worse dair in the game xD

Hmmm a recent example of this MU was Salem vs vvvZero (MK) in a small tourny. I can't remember how it went except that zero dominated. You can probably youtube it and find it.

OOS Up B is one of my favourite moves as MK but I would definitely NOT try it much against ZSS on a stage with no platforms. Just not worth the risk imo. She is like made to punish bad air time lol

Incidentally do you think you've faced any good MKs V115? Because that MU looks like hell for ZSS against an MK that knows what it's doing. But who knows, you might just be really good at it.
This is what zss can do to tornado...on reaction and smart timing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFiDfZB4vtg&list=UUU3sL6PushrKi8Ar5ZPXSfQ&index=1&feature=plcp

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
So today's the big day, the day of Revival of Salt, my biggest tournament so far!
Wish me luck, I promised Brosuke top10 but I'll probably break that promise :D
Anyway, stream link is here. http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp
Apparently, since the venue has a bad internet connection, they're going to be recording the whole thing today and streaming it tomorrow. Though, if the connection is fine, then it'll stream today.

Just check at around....1:30 (EST) to see if it's streaming.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Oh god, I did terribly at this tournament and I'm very disappointed in myself.
And besides, I only had 2 matches on stream, which were against Doom, so if you're only watching the stream for me then it's probably not worth it.

Maybe I'll feel better after I get some sleep.

.EXE

Smash Apprentice
Canada got destroyed plain and simple by some simple tactics that the lowly players picked up on after the first stock. @&$% whatever anyways good Job and congrats America thank Infinite for the fireball help.

Top Bottom