• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS General Discussion

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
If Pits in Japan are winning by playing extremely campy it would have happened that way in the US too. Danny was planking with Pit in October, doesn't mean it got him very far, and just like any campy character you can't win by pure camping.
This is my point. Masashi is campy, but he's not winning because he's campy or even flashy or aggressive. He's winning because he has very strong fundamentals and spacing. He's showing what Pit can do in the hands of a DSF/Azen/Dazwa-quality player.

Hence

Smash Ace
If ZSS was in Melee, where would she be on their tier list?

Missing, because she'd be banned (IMO).

noradseven

Smash Lord
? If ZSS was in Melee, where would she be on their tier list? ?
Top tier, along with Fox, and Falco, and stuff, I don't think she would be banned.

I picked ZSS because she reminded me of sion a top tier in another fighter, whip, gun, stupid aireal flip kick thing, if ZSS has her cutting sync move though as well ZSS would be top tier, hands down.

Zero

Smash Hero
Top tier, along with Fox, and Falco, and stuff, I don't think she would be banned.

I picked ZSS because she reminded me of sion a top tier in another fighter, whip, gun, stupid aireal flip kick thing, if ZSS has her cutting sync move though as well ZSS would be top tier, hands down.
She doesn't do the thigh grab head stomp though :[

I see Ciel has that in AA though

Besides the point.

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
Hey guys. I found a little something fun. I realized that on stages where you can wall jump off the ledge (BF and Yoshi's), you can land a Bair while rising up. I just think that it's perfect for attacking high percentage opponents who are edge guarding. It's not as fast as Uair, but it's way more powerful, and it's always good to have more options. =)

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
This is good, I accidentally did this a couple days ago and didn't bother to post it. If only I could wall jump consistently, I only ever do it on accident.

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
This is good, I accidentally did this a couple days ago and didn't bother to post it. If only I could wall jump consistently, I only ever do it on accident.
It's pretty easy. It's easiest on BF. Just quickly drop from the edge, jump up towards the edge and into the stage, and immediately press the opposite direction. I can do it consistently about 9/10 times. Just make sure that you press the opposite direction immediately as you touch the edge, or it might not work. Also make sure you actually touch the stage side before trying the wall jump, or you'll just end up DIing away from the stage.

sasook

Smash Champion
I thought that was known already....

Falcos and CFs do that pretty consistently, ask them for tips on it.

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
I thought that was known already....

Falcos and CFs do that pretty consistently, ask them for tips on it.
I'm not saying it's new, I'm just saying I just realized it. And our Bair is much more powerful than either CF or Falco (at least I'm pretty sure), and we don't have a sex-kick on it like falco, so it's faster and is less punishable.

I just realized fit. Gave me a new, awesome ledge option. =)

Zero

Smash Hero
Hey guys. I found a little something fun. I realized that on stages where you can wall jump off the ledge (BF and Yoshi's), you can land a Bair while rising up. I just think that it's perfect for attacking high percentage opponents who are edge guarding. It's not as fast as Uair, but it's way more powerful, and it's always good to have more options. =)
I've done this forever on all stages with a hard platform, but I haven't found a way to replicate it 100% of the time. It'd definitlely be a useful component to add to our games, but it's so **** hard to do. thanks ThreeSided :D

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
I've done this forever on all stages with a hard platform, but I haven't found a way to replicate it 100% of the time. It'd definitlely be a useful component to add to our games, but it's so **** hard to do. thanks ThreeSided :D
Yayz. I feelz helpful. =D

FadedImage

Smash Journeyman
Welcome back Adapt.. d:

on an unrelated note,

I think buffering is the new L-Cancel. it might not be as useful, but it definitely opens up a lot of possibilities. We should definitely keep chuggin' away at the buffering stuff.

Hence

Smash Ace

What have I done...? :(

I'm disappointed.

Edit: I still use Peach really well, but she's not going to be any help to me against most characters. I do better against her counters (except Olimar) with Pit. I dunno... :(
Mario is insanely fun.
MK is for casual lol friendlies, I guess.

Who do you secondary and for what matchups?

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
~ 10 reasons I love ~
~ ZSS. This deserves its ~
~ own thread but, oh well. ~

1. Most difficult character to chain grab
2. No one infinites
3. Most difficult (or perhaps second most) character to gimp
4. Has chain grabs on good characters
5. Has infinite on high tier character
6. Buffering makes her cheese
7. Convenient match-ups
8. BEWBZ
9. Whips and Chains
10. Best Fsmash in the game

Also:

Awwww yea :cool:

~ARES

Smash Apprentice
Tell that to falco.
I'll call Jon. :laugh:

Are my down-B's out of Falco's CG just him messing up then? I seem to escape a lot. Sure, he can punish if he baits the down-B, but better than the chain tbh...

Not that it makes Falco much better of a match-up for us, anyway. :(

~ARES

Smash Apprentice
Ah, well.

I see you live in Columbus... I go there sometimes to visit some buddies of mine. :D

edit: Playing Marth a lot, probably got confused. I think. Dolphin slash is sexy. :embarrass

sasook

Smash Champion
3Side, I had meant I had thought it was known here already by everyone as common knowledge. Wasn't trying to say "this is old....useless" or anything like that.

Zero, ask the Falcos or Falcons on how to do it, they're masters at it.

SFP, I feel like ZSS is a bit easier to gimp than thaaaatt. I mean yeah its hard, but certainly not in the top 2 IMO. MK, Wario, Snake, ROB, Kirby, Jiggz...those are all pretty hard to gimp. Note, when I say gimp, I don't mean edgeguard (because otherwise you'll probably bring up about how ROB and Snake are easily edgeguarded, which they are). When I say gimp, I mean knocking the opponent just out of recovery range.

But we all know Link is the hardest to gimp. He's so broken, he doesn't even have a recovery range.

noradseven

Smash Lord
3Side, I had meant I had thought it was known here already by everyone as common knowledge. Wasn't trying to say "this is old....useless" or anything like that.

Zero, ask the Falcos or Falcons on how to do it, they're masters at it.

SFP, I feel like ZSS is a bit easier to gimp than thaaaatt. I mean yeah its hard, but certainly not in the top 2 IMO. MK, Wario, Snake, ROB, Kirby, Jiggz...those are all pretty hard to gimp. Note, when I say gimp, I don't mean edgeguard (because otherwise you'll probably bring up about how ROB and Snake are easily edgeguarded, which they are). When I say gimp, I mean knocking the opponent just out of recovery range.

But we all know Link is the hardest to gimp. He's so broken, he doesn't even have a recovery range.
I love gimping peopel with link though his f-air off stage will gimp at like30-40% on alot of people.

~ARES

Smash Apprentice
1. Most difficult character to chain grab
2. No one infinites
3. Most difficult (or perhaps second most) character to gimp
4. Has chain grabs on good characters
5. Has infinite on high tier character
6. Buffering makes her cheese
7. Convenient match-ups
8. BEWBZ
9. Whips and Chains
10. Best Fsmash in the game

#8 is why I started playing her. And d-smash d-smash bair is too gratifying to a noob like me.

#8 is also why I still do.

Adapt

Smash Lord
Welcome back Adapt.. d:

on an unrelated note,

I think buffering is the new L-Cancel. it might not be as useful, but it definitely opens up a lot of possibilities. We should definitely keep chuggin' away at the buffering stuff.

That's an interesting way of looking at it... and I agree, several discoveries have been made lately with the help of buffered commands.

btw... ZSS is nowhere near hardest to gimp.

MK, Jiggs, Rob, Kirby, Pika, GaW, DDD, and Sonic are harder (just off the top of my head)

Top Bottom