• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS General Discussion

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Hahaha. We get that too, but from Xiivi, who doesn't even rep DDD. In fact, there are no active DDD mods, and to quote Gates, No one understands the DDD culture.

Xiivi: What, of being spamy?
Gates: Hahaha, yeah, pretty much.

Zero

Smash Hero
IRC is a lot more chillax than the boards, thankfully.

We'll never have a thread like those ones with Zero Suit Samus' iron fist of on-topic-ness. Anything that's not to do with her metagame is swiftly closed with no remorse.

noradseven

Smash Lord
IRC is a lot more chillax than the boards, thankfully.

We'll never have a thread like those ones with Zero Suit Samus' iron fist of on-topic-ness. Anything that's not to do with her metagame is swiftly closed with no remorse.
If it was allowed I would trash-talk, alot more than I am now, and have tons of fake posts/threads and ATs.

edit: Heh look at that,

Hence

Smash Ace
I am seriously considering maining dedede. Just because of that thread.

Just that. No other reason is required.
ThreeSided, I'm overjoyed because you practically forced me to read that thread.

I certainly was not disappointed

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
We hereby establish the Zero Suit Samus Flowchart Project.

Be warned, it'll be a long, arduous journey, we're not as simple minded as those other characters.

*lifts nose up*
It wouldn't be simple. And honestly, it wouldn't be funny. Besides "spam side-b" it would all be serious.

Actually, that would be pretty useful. It'd be a nice way to start new ZSS's off. And it'd be a general guide, showing all your options.

Come to think of it, it would be time well spent... we could talk about it, and have full blown discussions... It would be the perfect thing to remember! Just invest some time, invite people from other character threads to help...
Wait...

Holy ****, we are too serious. =\

Hence

Smash Ace
Lmao, let's each create our own rendition of ZSS' metagame through flowcharts. We could create a thread entitled "Prove Me Wrong."

noradseven

Smash Lord
It wouldn't be simple. And honestly, it wouldn't be funny. Besides "spam side-b" it would all be serious.

Actually, that would be pretty useful. It'd be a nice way to start new ZSS's off. And it'd be a general guide, showing all your options.

Come to think of it, it would be time well spent... we could talk about it, and have full blown discussions... It would be the perfect thing to remember! Just invest some time, invite people from other character threads to help...
Wait...

too late you lost http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/4116/zssflowchart0001.png

Zero

Smash Hero

Wait...

It definitely characterises the sort of people we are. Hahah, not.

Zero Suit Text Flowchart.

BEGIN

SELECTCASE Opponent Position

CASE Opponent in Air

IF Near THEN
Uair
ELSE
Over B
ENDIF

CASE Opponent on Ground

IF Enemy outcamps you THEN
you're ****ed
ELSE
charge dsmash, mindgames!
OR /surprise, new syntax! don't ask me how it works
run forward, shield, dtilt or utilt
ENDIF

CASE Opponent off Stage

IF Opponent is Link OR Ivysaur OR Solomar THEN
Taunt
ELSE
Chase with Over B, Bair, Paralyser, Fair
ENDIF

IF Opponent is Stupid THEN
down b gimp
ENDIF

END SELECTCASE

END

Preliminary v0.001. compiled by my head.

wow, my head is a ****ty compiler.

@ThreeSided again, the whole "it'd be serious" part is why it'd be funny.

noradseven

Smash Lord
It definitely characterises the sort of people we are. Hahah, not.

Zero Suit Text Flowchart.

BEGIN

SELECTCASE Opponent Position

CASE Opponent in Air

IF Near THEN
Uair
ELSE
Over B
ENDIF

CASE Opponent on Ground

IF Enemy outcamps you THEN
you're ****ed
ELSE
charge dsmash, mindgames!
OR /surprise, new syntax! don't ask me how it works
run forward, shield, dtilt or utilt
ENDIF

CASE Opponent off Stage

Taunt
ELSE
Chase with Over B, Bair, Paralyser, Fair
ENDIF

IF Opponent is Stupid THEN
down b gimp
ENDIF

END SELECTCASE

END

Preliminary v0.001. compiled by my head.

wow, my head is a ****ty compiler.

@ThreeSided again, the whole "it'd be serious" part is why it'd be funny.
Gahhh why would u use "endif", and "then", just use brackets and separate lines much easier to read.

Hence

Smash Ace
Gahhh why would u use "endif", and "then", just use brackets and separate lines much easier to read.
If, then, but, that.

Eerily reminiscent of my obsession with the Java programming language. // Don't waste your time, it's too easy and not by any means efficient.

Structure is good. :)

sasook

Smash Champion
I'd post frequently here if you guys were as cool as the DDD boards.
But yet not. You'll never have a thread this good.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=236428
or
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=229337

I'd be scared if you guys got a social board. No offensive, but you guys can be *****es, ironically.
Wait...isn't that this very thread? I thought this was a social thread...

CASE Opponent off Stage

Taunt
Hey! *acts all angry*
I lol'd

Ask Sfp, Link lives a whole lot longer than you think. I showed that to him.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Also, since most Smash players have never even heard of it, I think you should know that in many ways Zero Suit Samus is a near knock off a character from Guilty Gear called Millia. Her Up air is the same, her hair, spacing wise is like a wip, and she has a move that puts the opponent in large amounts of hit stun and can lead to large combos. (not saying she was purposefully ripped off)

I believe much of what is said in here can be applied to further ZSS metagame.
http://millia.hostwq.net/generalgameplay.htm

noradseven

Smash Lord
Also, since most Smash players have never even heard of it, I think you should know that in many ways Zero Suit Samus is a near knock off a character from Guilty Gear called Millia. Her Up air is the same, her hair, spacing wise is like a wip, and she has a move that puts the opponent in large amounts of hit stun and can lead to large combos. (not saying she was purposefully ripped off)

I believe much of what is said in here can be applied to further ZSS metagame.
http://millia.hostwq.net/generalgameplay.htm
She is closer to Sion from Metly Blood in playstyle and moves, lets see u-air check, whip check, gun check, totally warped hitboxes cheeeeck. Just to burst your bubble, I don't think ZSS has any moves even remotely like any of Milla's signature moves. When Sion was defined by her whip, gun, and the j.5C, which looks/ works exactly like our u-air. Also the cutting sync I wish we had that, instead of down B on the ground, yeah its that good.

Heh if we are going to go into this Wario is a ripoff of mamiya from HnK, cause she has a kick *** bike that works just like warios does. Not really but the bike p. much works the same way.

Also Anji slaps that millia up with his pimp fans, but then again he does that with everyone.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
I think the core of her gameplay can be divided in two parts, which is her mixups and her movement/spacing. She has some of the most difficult to block high/low mixup in the game.
Most of Millia's normals are really weak. In addition to not doing a lot of damage, her normals are not very good to be used for poking, and many of them don't have very good hitboxes. As for her weaknesses, she has the 2nd worst defense in the game(1st is Chipp), so all combos do massive damage to her.
And to replace some words with ZSS corresponding moves

ZSS is very agile, as most characters in the game won't be able to keep up with her. In addition, she's blessed with a third jump, allowing her to get anywhere on the screen very quickly and also contributing to her mixups. Her crawl makes her assume a very low profile position, allowing her to evade moves that don't have a low reaching hitbox. In the air, coupled with her down b third jump, attack during allows her to manipulate her landing, making it difficult for the opponent to antiair her
and this is why I don't post here.
Because I know if I do, someone will start *****in

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
We're actually a very cool, closely nit community for the most part. If we're misunderstood, it's because tongue and cheek humor is way too funny, and is often misunderstood through text. And we have the coolest mod.

Check us out on our IRC if you want to see the real ZSS mains.

ThreeSided

Smash Ace

Who's *****in? =\

We discuss seriously a lot here. It's the best way to come to conclusions. If someone doesn't agree with you, they will retort. It is the basis of debate and the best way to come to what is most likely the "truth".

noradseven

Smash Lord

Im sorry, have you played melty blood, you ignored my statements about sion, and I know millia is a pixie character and yeah I have played with her, and against them, their play style doesn't remind me of ZSS, sorry, she doesn't have huge gaping dead zones in her attacks, and millia's signature(read good, specials), are delayed attacks aka more similar to grenades or nanners, so you can attack with the special and with your normals, or more likely a grab set up.

I was originally from the SRK community, because I play pretty much every fighter in existence, at least casually. ZSS is an unique character though and though over all, sure she maybe a pixie character, but pretty much every fighter has pixie characters, name one that doesn't, for every 9 I name that do, you can start first.

FadedImage

Smash Journeyman
norad, he's not trying to say zss is copied, you don't have to be so aggressive.

he's just trying to give us some fresh opinions on the metagame of our character, seen in the light of a different game.

I haven't played Millia, but some of the advice in there was pretty sound. but a lot of it was also not so sound.

We have GOOD pokes, and we have BAD shield pressure. and imo, second dash is a lot better than down-b, hehe, although down-b is sick for airdodges if you've got good timin'.

(sry if some of the ZSS boards come off a bit jumpy, we debate a lot around hur') d:

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
But the range on the pokes are so awful.
They are good for close in attacks, but that isn't what pokes are for.
You aren't going to poke a Marth or Metaknight.
Also, it didn't mean shield pressure, more spacing, zoning, and mindgaming.

noradseven

Smash Lord
But the range on the pokes are so awful.
They are good for close in attacks, but that isn't what pokes are for.
You aren't going to poke a Marth or Metaknight.
Also, it didn't mean shield pressure, more spacing, zoning, and mindgaming.
As a ZSS you want to poke MK, marth not as much, but still a bit more, than you would expect.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
With what?
Doesn't everyone of his attacks outspace ftilt?
I don't fight MK that often.
Nah we outspace MK. The problem is he closes the gap pretty easily. If you have a lot of experience you can fool people into thinking you go even with MK and even scare him out of being on the offense.

Basically when you fight MK you want to get him in the air, though, which means our "pokey" moves aren't good, you have to use utilt and uair or even dash attack setups to get him up. We are marginally better than MK in the air, so that's where you want to take the fight.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Nah we outspace MK. The problem is he closes the gap pretty easily. If you have a lot of experience you can fool people into thinking you go even with MK and even scare him out of being on the offense.

Basically when you fight MK you want to get him in the air, though, which means our "pokey" moves aren't good, you have to use utilt and uair or even dash attack setups to get him up. We are marginally better than MK in the air, so that's where you want to take the fight.
Yeah basically this, as long as you can avoid up B, and d-smash, and getting nadoed every 3 seconds, you can win as long as you keep them afraid of you.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
It seems ZSS' dash attack has jablock properties and if you hit them during a failed tech (which you can force by buffering a dash attack at certain percents, it literally interrupts the tech window) it forces a get-up and you can combo it into a dsmash or another dash attack.

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
It seems ZSS' dash attack has jablock properties and if you hit them during a failed tech (which you can force by buffering a dash attack at certain percents, it literally interrupts the tech window) it forces a get-up and you can combo it into a dsmash or another dash attack.
Oh snap, that sounds deadly.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
I have seen that happen. Interestingly enough our neutral be also has jablock properties, but I've only seen it go one time in a row so I don't think it's fast enough to spam (small shot).

Top Bottom