• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I am wherever I want to be, and there's nothing you can do about it >=D

anyways, how can you even have that amount of posts (-10K, really)?

Takumi

Smash Cadet
I actually think having such a bizarre number is quite interesting. o.o
I'm almost a little jealous.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
LOL.

so funny story

there is this girl who works as the lady in the hospital who hands the babies to their mothers after the babies spend some time with the doctors. she has to say the name of the baby such as "Here's John!" or "Here's Emily!" well, she got a baby named Shadynasty, pronounced Shuh-Dynasty. she was having trouble pronouncing the name, and even had some doctors look at it with her and they were pretty confused. eventually she handed the baby to the mother very nervously, and said, "Here's.... Shady-nasty!"
not as bad as the names I've heard that some people gave their children such as "****head" "*******" and "Abcde"
(pronounced shu-THAY-ed, ASH-OAL-uh and AB-suh-day respectively)

but the worst I have personally encountered was while working at my pharmacy. We have to call the names of the patients when their Rxs are ready to be picked up and I had just compounded one for a girl named "Destiny" . . . . only her name wasn't spelled "Destiny" because her parents thought it was more creative to use unusual letters to spell her name so they spelled it "Dysteny"

Well, I must admit, I didn't try as hard as I could have to pronounce the name, because if I would have, I would have seen that it couldn't be pronounced this way, but upon first glance, my mind told me the ONLY way to pronounce this poor child's name could be "Dysentery" since that was the word which seemed to most closesly resemble the patient's name.

I don't think her mother appreciated me calling her daughter Dysentery . . . but I feel that it was a REALLY stupid idea to butcher the spelling of her child's name intentionally since all it will ever cause is confusion.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
LOL.

so funny story

there is this girl who works as the lady in the hospital who hands the babies to their mothers after the babies spend some time with the doctors. she has to say the name of the baby such as "Here's John!" or "Here's Emily!" well, she got a baby named Shadynasty, pronounced Shuh-Dynasty. she was having trouble pronouncing the name, and even had some doctors look at it with her and they were pretty confused. eventually she handed the baby to the mother very nervously, and said, "Here's.... Shady-nasty!"
lol wow
not as bad as the names I've heard that some people gave their children such as "****head" "*******" and "Abcde"
(pronounced shu-THAY-ed, ASH-OAL-uh and AB-suh-day respectively)

but the worst I have personally encountered was while working at my pharmacy. We have to call the names of the patients when their Rxs are ready to be picked up and I had just compounded one for a girl named "Destiny" . . . . only her name wasn't spelled "Destiny" because her parents thought it was more creative to use unusual letters to spell her name so they spelled it "Dysteny"

Well, I must admit, I didn't try as hard as I could have to pronounce the name, because if I would have, I would have seen that it couldn't be pronounced this way, but upon first glance, my mind told me the ONLY way to pronounce this poor child's name could be "Dysentery" since that was the word which seemed to most closesly resemble the patient's name.

I don't think her mother appreciated me calling her daughter Dysentery . . . but I feel that it was a REALLY stupid idea to butcher the spelling of her child's name intentionally since all it will ever cause is confusion.
i've heard all those too, except the Destiny respelling. poor children w/ weird names or name spellings.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I remember once I saw a pic of a guy who asked internet how could he name his kid, and in the end, was called Courage Wolf Harper.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ROFL

wow

what a name.

the thing is

most names come from words. naming a child Peter one day meant naming your child Rock.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Hi guys just letting you know I will be gone for 10 days for holidays! Look after this thread and plz don't let it implode :grin: Someone should be around to look over stuffs!

:phone:

Takumi

Smash Cadet
Hi guys just letting you know I will be gone for 10 days for holidays! Look after this thread and plz don't let it implode :grin: Someone should be around to look over stuffs!

:phone:
I hope you have a fun time! ^^
*takes cover*

Yeah, I was getting bored of my avatars on the forum from the avatar gallery since I would always pick ones that I know no one would use so I thought I'd attack it with Vocaloid to make me want to come here more.

(it's funny... i spent more time on my basic photoshop signature than i do on brawl...)

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
you know, maybe we shouldn't post ponies, maybe we should do more productive things. In fact, I'm going to post something productive right now:

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I feel rather a lot like this today:

because the illness I picked up last weekend has, since 3 days ago, managed to manifest itself as laryngitis, almost completely inhibiting my ability to speak.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Wow place has been dead for a few days.

In a sad attempt to liven up the place without the excitement that is MLP, did any of you guys have to deal with Irene? Are those of you unfortunate enough to face the hurricane doing all right?

By the way, hoping to get a forum name change real soon!

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Shedgy hows your laryngitis? is it any better?

In a sad attempt to liven up the place without the excitement that is MLP, did any of you guys have to deal with Irene? Are those of you unfortunate enough to face the hurricane doing all right?

I didn't but thats cause i live in OH lol.

what would you get your name changed to? i know i've been reading it as A-lee-ah everytime i see it lol

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I don't know how to pronounce it myself. People call me A-lee-it, A-leet, Ay-lee-ate, and even Ah-lee-ah-tay (lol). I'm having it changed to something much more easily pronounced.

Also, I'm dumb what's OH again? Ohio? (That's a state right? Middle of the USA?)

Beluina

Smash Apprentice
Pictures from across the Pacific

I'm baaaaaaack.

Saw looots of Totoros. <3

Went to the Pokemon Center.

Drank beer with my 85 year old grandma.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Oh, that looks like it was an awesome trip Beluina.
Did you had fun?

I'd wish to go to a place like that someday.... I'm kind of jealous now...

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
half my vocal range is unavailable to me and the registers that ARE available pretty much sound like crap.
I know that feeling.

Goddamn my voice cracking.

I have no vocal range anymore. Pisses me off when I think about it.

I liked singing :(

When I get **** like laryngitis I'm always hoping it rolls over and I get my range back.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569

I got hit (MD). Power went off for just about more than a day. It wasn't really bad (though I got hit by the western part of Irene).

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
I don't know how to pronounce it myself. People call me A-lee-it, A-leet, Ay-lee-ate, and even Ah-lee-ah-tay (lol). I'm having it changed to something much more easily pronounced.

Also, I'm dumb what's OH again? Ohio? (That's a state right? Middle of the USA?)
New user name is easier to pronounce, but always makes me think of that leopard looking monster from FFXI lol

lol yes its a state. as for its location its more northen middle west, something like that

...im always confused as to how OH is part of the midwest region....
still no :ohwell:

half my vocal range is unavailable to me and the registers that ARE available pretty much sound like crap.
awww, i hope you get better soon
I got hit (MD). Power went off for just about more than a day. It wasn't really bad (though I got hit by the western part of Irene).
any flooding?

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
New user name is easier to pronounce, but always makes me think of that leopard looking monster from FFXI lol
You mean these? >_>

That's good. I feel bad for those that got hit with the worst. There was even a couple from Canada that got married in the US and have been stranded due to Irene.

Beluina

Smash Apprentice
Month and a half-ish.
Learned some things:
1. Japanese people think it's weird when people drink water. They drink tea, juice, and/or beer.
2. Water fountains don't exist in front of public bathrooms like they do in America.
3. Trash cans don't happen often if you're walking around town. Not outside stores, nor restaurants, nothing. You just have to carry your trash forever.

That's all I remember for now.
I'm sure I'll think of more stuff I learned/realized.

And I had sooo much fun, but I'm glad to be back in America.

Top Bottom