• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
I beat my first opponent in winners brackets, but then I had to fight Gnes, which friggin sucked. xD

I also fought Xyro, Espy, K prime, and some other really good players. I got wrecked in doubles... did a lot better in singles.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I just lost my necklace that my boyfriend bought for me. It was white gold, he bought it for my birthday, and it cost over $200 (cheap for a necklace, I know, but still, we are poor college students so that's a lot) . . . HELP ME LOOK FOR IT ;_;

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
I just lost my necklace that my boyfriend bought for me. It was white gold, he bought it for my birthday, and it cost over $200 (cheap for a necklace, I know, but still, we are poor college students so that's a lot) . . . HELP ME LOOK FOR IT ;_;
Lol, a necklace, you woman. ;) JK, I hope you find it soon. :)

P.S. Would someone care to remind me what the difference between white gold and platinum is? I always forget.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Lol, a necklace, you woman. ;) JK, I hope you find it soon. :)

P.S. Would someone care to remind me what the difference between white gold and platinum is? I always forget.
it's just a chain yo moron, plenty of huys where chain necklaces.

Gold and platinum are completely different metals... check any periodic table.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
it's just a chain yo moron, plenty of huys where chain necklaces.

Gold and platinum are completely different metals... check any periodic table.
Hence why I said jk. :awesome:

Ofc I know they're different metals. But like... if you looked at one ring which was white gold, and one which was platinum, how would you tell them apart?

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
i remember chatting on the xat... twas fun indeed. post vids mocha! also who did you beat?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyZMupYJlnw
Good times! Yeah I'm pretty sure the Zelda xat died. I wouldn't mind if it revived again... I'd try and go there more often, but not as much as I used to. Being a full time student and part time job doesn't give me as much online time as I used to, but it's not too bad. I find it kind of funny that I'm attending more tournaments when I'm always busy compared me rarely having anything to do and not going to tournies. xD

I beat my first opponent (my memory fails but I'll post everyone's names once Sync puts up the brackets), on the first two matches. Zelda's down tilt is amazing. Like seriously, that has helped me so much in tournies.

Hm... oh yeah opponents! My second opponent was Gnes T_T I already knew I'd lose cause he's like, the best Diddy in the state, but I decided to try anyway. I seriously need to learn the Diddy MU, hence why I've been experimenting with all these banana tricks. And yes, he beat me of course, sending me to loser's brackets. Then I lost to some MK and I was done.

I stuck around for friendlies though. Had some really good and close games with Xyro. I played K Prime... and I didn't even know I was playing him till much later lol. And I played Espy, but he went MK. We had a couple of pretty good matches, some of which I'm going to try and get recorded later today. And I played a whole bunch of other pretty talented players. Texas too good.

There are sooo many Sonics, Pikachus, and Toon Links here, it's not even funny. Hmm, I was also the only Zelda there, though there was a guy there using her in friendlies for a bit. Yeah, needs more Zelda rep, which I'll be happy to give =)

Rizen

Smash Legend
I don't know the Zelda vs Diddy MU but one thing that's helped me with Link vs Diddy is to set the 'R' button to 'attack' the grab a banana and Fsmash with 'C' while holding 'R'. You can press and hold 'R' putting you in Fsmash ready position during any animation, like dodging or Nayru's love, etc.

Zelda has a decent Fsmash to KO with and a good GTFO move with Nayru's so this might help.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
I find that Zelda's aerials aren't too bad for catching bananas tbh, except for maybe up air xD

Yeah Nayru's is good here, but used sparingly. When Gnes played me, he didn't just throw out bananas at me when he knew i had a reflector. He baited, waiting for me to use it, and punished the ending lag. So I had to be a bit less unpredictable with it. But yeah overall, Nayru's isn't bad here. Dash attack is also great for catching bananas

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Diddy's been such a pain... always. I'm sure experience plays a big role since I haven't started learning this game until... July? I'm more inclined to use Sheik against Diddy though since Zelda feels so sluggish against a character that runs circles around her.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Yeah, Zelda is slow :/

Her glide tosses are lengthy though. I like 'moving across' the stage with them lol. I haven't been able to do any really decent glide toss follow-ups other than glide toss + up tilt for a kill

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Did ya get vids against Gnes? I have oodles of Diddy exp so maybe I can help ya out if I can see what's going on.

Also, glad to see ya bringing in results and making a name for ya self Mocha! Keep it up!

I've been broke and there's been an odd drought for tourneys here in FL but I'll try and be at the next one.

:phone:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
I did get a couple of vids recorded from HOBO thanks to my bf <3

Here are a few...

Friendly Match 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KedgmYKNXGI :metaknight: vs :zelda:
Friendly Match 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_i2GZugNu4 :metaknight: vs :zelda:
Tourney Match 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wreXI92WjaU :samus2: vs :zelda:

I'll label these properly, and post them/brackets/results/etc tomorrow or the day after. I'm sleepy. Night all xD

Did ya get vids against Gnes? I have oodles of Diddy exp so maybe I can help ya out if I can see what's going on.

Also, glad to see ya bringing in results and making a name for ya self Mocha! Keep it up!

I've been broke and there's been an odd drought for tourneys here in FL but I'll try and be at the next one.

I only managed to save one replay vs Gnes, but didn't record it yet. And thanks Ed, I appreciate it. Diddy MU can actually be kind of fun if you know the MU. I remember seeing a couple of vids of yours awhile back vs Diddy and really enjoyed them.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Mocha, I never played you at HOBO.
Nor did I ever go Meta Knight, even in friendlies.

You probably played Tesh.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
I did get a couple of vids recorded from HOBO thanks to my bf <3

Here are a few...

Friendly Match 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KedgmYKNXGI :metaknight: vs :zelda:
Friendly Match 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_i2GZugNu4 :metaknight: vs :zelda:
Tourney Match 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wreXI92WjaU :samus: vs :zelda:

I'll label these properly, and post them/brackets/results/etc tomorrow or the day after. I'm sleepy. Night all xD

I only managed to save one replay vs Gnes, but didn't record it yet. And thanks Ed, I appreciate it. Diddy MU can actually be kind of fun if you know the MU. I remember seeing a couple of vids of yours awhile back vs Diddy and really enjoyed them.
I only watched the first match and the match vs Samus but i was impressed Mocha keep it up.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
I only watched the first match and the match vs Samus but i was impressed Mocha keep it up.
Thank you, I will keep trying my best to improve

S'kay.
If the tag doesn't say "Ajay", then it's probably not me.
Alrighty =)

I'm new to the tourney scene. I will remember what everyone looks like and their tags xD

Top Bottom