• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Hehe, it's Slime Princess from Adventure Time.

She so cute. =D
I've only ever seen the original adventure time... but that was an amazingly funny show, so I don't know why I didn't continue to watch it after it got picked up to become a regular show?

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Aerodrome....... F-Zero, Pikmin, and Star Fox all could use Wii installments. Nintendo also just announced a new kirby game and a new IP called Pandoras Tower that looks like some sort of JRPG.

Wii may not be done yet.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
So I'm picking up Game and Watch.

I tend to recall someone's advice on the Zelda vs. GaW MU involving punching the other player in the face.

Also, the Wii still has so much potential. Just how many actual games have used a traditional control scheme with the CC? Not that many. Non-gimmick games could very well be the future of the Wii.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I wish more games used the GC.... or even the CC (not that I own one lol). I hate the Wiimote..... motion control is the worst.

I think the only game I liked the Wiimote for was WarioWare. -_________-

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I wish more games used the GC.... or even the CC (not that I own one lol). I hate the Wiimote..... motion control is the worst.

I never understood why nintendo completely halted developement of GCN games when they released the Wii.

I mean the wii IS backwards compatible.... the games that are CAPABLE of fitting on a Gamecube disc should really have been able to be sold to be playable on both systems.

M@v

Subarashii!
Apparently there is a new starfox on the drawing boards for wii....but its still in its infancy.

Btw, I should probably post here more often. Zelda's my low tier main, and although I don't use her all that often outside of low tiers, I still practice her at a competitive level :3

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I never understood why nintendo completely halted developement of GCN games when they released the Wii.

I mean the wii IS backwards compatible.... the games that are CAPABLE of fitting on a Gamecube disc should really have been able to be sold to be playable on both systems.
Uh what? You realize Nintendo is a business right? This makes no sense from a business perspective.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Apparently there is a new starfox on the drawing boards for wii....but its still in its infancy.

Btw, I should probably post here more often. Zelda's my low tier main, and although I don't use her all that often outside of low tiers, I still practice her at a competitive level :3
Do you now? I remember the first time I played you, you were like, what's a Zelda lol? How's it been man?

AyatoK26

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kaminakid
Uh what? You realize Nintendo is a business right? This makes no sense from a business perspective.
Hence the initial (and still ongoing) "brawl sucks, melee is much better" mentality from a player's POV. But from a business POV, it's another asset to increase their revenue from paying hardcore fanboys. :/

But what can you do about it? It's all about the bottom line in business. (Why am I a business major again? lol)

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I was under the impression that Nintendo made a higher margin on games as compared to their systems. So, at least during the early years of the wii, there were PLENTY of people with a GCN but no Wii.

Nintendo could make money from BOTH crowds with a GCN game, but only from the Wii owners with a Wii game.

Other than a gamecube version of Twilight Princess, I don't think nintendo actually released ANY new games for the GCN after the Wii came out, and there were only a very sparse handful from any OTHER publishers either.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
I like JRPGs but I don't want a lolifest with a ridiculous amount of fanservice... which is what I have been finding sadly...
It really sucks how fanservice is considered a necessity nowadays and used as a substitute for good characters and plotlines. I miss the games in which fanservice was limited to the somewhat revealing clothing and occasional flirty NPCs so that it didn't detract anything from the game and could be easily ignored if it got bothersome.

Luckily there're some rare exceptions like Ar Tonelico II. It's crammed full of fanservice but still has actually deep female characters with thought-out backstories, varying feelings and actual character development.

Plus, did you see Tales of Graces? That game was horribly glitchy, and I would be ashamed to buy that piece of garbage.
Yeah, they'd of course need to fix at least the most obvious and and game-breaking bugs before the release. Which probably is another reason why the Wii version hasn't been announced.

Aerodrome....... F-Zero, Pikmin, and Star Fox all could use Wii installments. Nintendo also just announced a new kirby game and a new IP called Pandoras Tower that looks like some sort of JRPG.

Wii may not be done yet.
There's also a new Pokemon game on the works for the Wii. It'll most likely be nothing more than some cheap spin-off, but still.

I agree. The wiimote works well on few games, most obvious being the FPS genre. Then there're some games that have good motion controls but don't really offer nothing too special that couldn't have been done with the traditional controller. (Super Mario Galaxy 1&2 or No More Heroes 2 for example.)

However, other than those rare successes the motion controls usually just feel forced, unnecessary, worse than traditional controls or just don't work.

Uuuummm.

Hi? :3 I miss you guys sometimes <3
Sometimes? I'm touched. :glare:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome

Wii may not be done yet.
Those three franchises don't count. :p
I meant a link to an article or something about the new console.
(suppresses sarcasm about 'Word of God' comment)
I don't have a link, but I remember Reggie say (Not that he has any control over anything) that they'd think about a new console after they've sold 50 mill units in the US.

I do know that Nintendo like to announce things very, very late in development though to stop certain other companies stealing their ideas. xD

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
It really sucks how fanservice is considered a necessity nowadays and used as a substitute for good characters and plotlines. I miss the games in which fanservice was limited to the somewhat revealing clothing and occasional flirty NPCs so that it didn't detract anything from the game and could be easily ignored if it got bothersome.
I loved the music in both Ar Tonellicos

And, yeah, it was FILLED with fanservices.... good gameplay though

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
New Star Fox? Did I hear that correctly? Hopefully it takes the things from Assault I liked (pretty much everything) and combines them with the things from Adventures I liked (pretty much just the large land-based world, gameplay was meh most of the time, though even I'll admit there were a couple of pretty good things in it).

Seriously, could you imagine a non-linear, adventure-based StarFox game done right? With large space segments?

Now just give me a new F-Zero and I'll be happy.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Uuuummm.

Hi? :3 I miss you guys sometimes <3
Zeldspazz! Long time no see. Hi. =D

@HSS: One of the other things I hate about the Wiimote is the fact that I feel like an idiot swinging my arms around to play a game.... :urg:

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I actually kind of like how the Wii has 4 control options. Good developers come up with some pretty cool stuff.

Also how are those people getting hand modeling jobs? My hands look better than that.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
The one modeling the PS Move is definitely a 21 yr old hot asian chick.

I can tell just by looking at her hands!

Rizen

Smash Legend
I agree. The wiimote works well on few games, most obvious being the FPS genre. Then there're some games that have good motion controls but don't really offer nothing too special that couldn't have been done with the traditional controller. (Super Mario Galaxy 1&2 or No More Heroes 2 for example.)
Galaxy 1&2's starbit collecting/shooting added a fun element to the platformers, in my opinion. DKC Returns is the type of game I agree didn't need motion control. I like motion control if it's necessary and not excessive.
I actually kind of like how the Wii has 4 control options. Good developers come up with some pretty cool stuff.
^Same. The GC controller's my all-time favorite control scheme. I'm glad the brought it back.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
I loved the music in both Ar Tonellicos

And, yeah, it was FILLED with fanservices.... good gameplay though
Yeah, the music in those games is simply AMAZING, especially all the hymns. What makes the musicin AT even better is how it differentiates from your typical game soundtrack music.

@HSS: One of the other things I hate about the Wiimote is the fact that I feel like an idiot swinging my arms around to play a game.... :urg:
Pfft, it's obviously just in your head. It's not like the first result of google image search with search words "how to look like an idiot" is a person playing with Wii, right?

...****.

Galaxy 1&2's starbit collecting/shooting added a fun element to the platformers, in my opinion. DKC Returns is the type of game I agree didn't need motion control. I like motion control if it's necessary and not excessive
The starbit shooting wasn't by any means a bad addition to the game, but nothing that I'd really miss if it wasn't there either. It was just one more extra game mechanic that was funny for a short while before I forgot it even existed. The starbit collection I actually found to be much better fit to the game, and the "flick wiimote to spin" control system I actually think was better than it would've been if assigned to a button.

I haven't really played DKCR, but assigning the roll to a motion control seems just unnecessary to me. In fact, IMO there's no real reason to include motion controls to any 2D platformer at all. Even in New Super Mario Bros Wii they feel like they've been thrown in simply because it's possible and not because the game needs them. Besides, I still occasionally make unintentional spinjumps if I move my hands when playing.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I haven't really played DKCR, but assigning the roll to a motion control seems just unnecessary to me. In fact, IMO there's no real reason to include motion controls to any 2D platformer at all. Even in New Super Mario Bros Wii they feel like they've been thrown in simply because it's possible and not because the game needs them. Besides, I still occasionally make unintentional spinjumps if I move my hands when playing.
Starbits added a fun semi-alternative way of playing with their light-shooter style. I later tried to snipe enemies and boss elements (coin tiles, boulderghiest's rocks etc) and that was fun in a different way. Plus it adds a Co-op option. The rest I agree with and this is all opinion anyway.

What do you think about Mario Kart wii? Even with worse controls I like the wii wheel because you feel like the driver more. But I never played competitively, which might have made a difference. Fortunately they gave non-motion options too:).

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Yeah, the music in those games is simply AMAZING, especially all the hymns. What makes the musicin AT even better is how it differentiates from your typical game soundtrack music.
The Dive music was what I loved.

Misha's cosmo sphere was probably my favourite.

Linkz17

Smash Apprentice
What do you think about Mario Kart wii? Even with worse controls I like the wii wheel because you feel like the driver more. But I never played competitively, which might have made a difference. Fortunately they gave non-motion options too:).
Eww, Wii Wheel. DX
Lol, jk. I personally fail with the wheel. I go wiichuk in that game. Haven't played it in a while though.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
When I got a chance to try the game (which i don't own myself) out with Wii wheel it was okay. The controls seemed a bit unaccurate compared to GC controller in Double Dash, but accurate enough for casual gaming. It made you feel like the driver more and seemed like a good choice whenever just fooling around with the game, but I'd still choose the traditional controls myself.

The Dive music was what I loved.

Misha's cosmo sphere was probably my favourite.
The dive music was excellent too. Hell, all the music in Ar Tonelicos was great. The reason why the hymns were my favorite though was because their singing instantly grabbed your attention.

Also, now that I've been talking about them I'm really sad I never owned the first AT but only the second.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
The dive music was excellent too. Hell, all the music in Ar Tonelicos was great. The reason why the hymns were my favorite though was because their singing instantly grabbed your attention.

Also, now that I've been talking about them I'm really sad I never owned the first AT but only the second.
you want something to really grab your attention: Synchronization attacks O_O.

I did have a problem with AT's batt's system though: perfect guarding. I mean it definitely made even defending an active situation . . . but if you got good enough at it, you almost never took any damage from anything ever.
(also the hymn charge meter went up to such large numbers that they really meant nothing. You'd just look at it and be like: yup.... that'll probably hurt.)

Also.... despite not speaking japanese, I prefered the japanese voices in-game with subtitiles, the english voices could be a bit . . . silly.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Oh, I love silly/over-the-top voice acting. Might be a game for me.
seemed more "bad" than over the top to me.

Now "Atelier Iris" on the other hand, had some voice acting whose occasional badness could be quite funny.

Edit:
Also, is anyone else REALLY looking forward to Sucker Punch?

Player 7

Smash Cadet
2011 year de la zelda? Ajajajajjajajajaja
2012 it is!11!1once!!!!!

Zelda es el pior carater del smash brothers
u feckers
u has the wost caraters and i have maradona
argentinaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Top Bottom