• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Besides pokemans and talking about game music? Nothing. You did miss some deep stuff I was talking about a page back though. XD

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
if your 'friend' happens to be the thread title then I'm afraid... you're sorely mistaken! those indigo-jeans must be having some kind of negative effect on you

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Spyro was my game during the PS1 era. I loved the entire original trilogy.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
@MrEh: I was not a fan of Xion at all........ x.x Typical wimp *****. But (this is a real spoiler, not one for humor)
it did break my heart when she died at the end. That scene was incredibly sad. ;-;

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
It did bring up a good point though, KayLo!...

WHO is he going to have ice cream with?

MrEh

Smash Hero
I never liked Xion either. Just another Kairi/Namine/Clone/Whatever that KH likes pumping out every game. Minor differences aside, they're all the same.

Nice theme though.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Yeah, Smash Up has some amazing music. Results screen is awesome.

As far as amazing music goes, there's too much to count. Really...

Bandit

Smash Lord
you can play brawl on autopilot too.

just saying.
True, very true.

I got bored of Smash-up pretty quick when I discovered how broken the grab game was. And then, after we figured out grab breaks consistently, how broken Leonardo was.

I only played Karai and her grab game was sick (again, until we got grab breaks consistent). Grab, slash throat, walk forward, guard get up, grab, slash throat, walk forward, read roll, grab, slash throat....

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
True, very true.

I got bored of Smash-up pretty quick when I discovered how broken the grab game was. And then, after we figured out grab breaks consistently, how broken Leonardo was.

I only played Karai and her grab game was sick (again, until we got grab breaks consistent). Grab, slash throat, walk forward, guard get up, grab, slash throat, walk forward, read roll, grab, slash throat....
now im glad i skipped it, no point wasting $50 on a garb game thats just gonna be replaced by brawl anyway.

Bandit

Smash Lord
Until you master grab breaking, it is a chain grab disaster. I haven't played in months, and I could play it today and wreck people who haven't put up with that kind of abuse.

I would just play Leonardo if I were to play it seriously. Metaknight of smash up.

-----

Bigger Note: I'm probably going the way of the GreyFox and will probably be done with Smash after the tournament in Philly. I've just grown bored of playing the game. With me managing and playing for my own baseball team, my true love (Baseball) is taking all my time and interest.

Unlike him, I will probably still be around on the boards since you guys are so great (and when do we actually talk about our character anyway...).

sniperworm

Smash Ace
True, very true.

Smash Up is a mix between smash and traditional fighting games. However it much more closely resembles a traditional fighting game than Smash. As such, wakeup situations are highly disadvantaged for the player on the ground, this is nothing new. Smash does make this situation much more pronounced because it lacks reversals, but that just further emphasizes that you need to know all your opponents options and how to counter those.

I've been playing Smash Up for a long time and let me tell you, if you have good people to play against, it's far from boring. The lack of quality options only serves to further push your ability to read your opponent as every move is beatable. In almost every situation there is an option that will allow you to escape which is based on which option your opponent picked.

Leonardo is amazing in Smash Up (as he should be), but he's far from broken once you master throw reversals. Getting out poked by Raphael is serious business.

now im glad i skipped it, no point wasting $50 on a garb game thats just gonna be replaced by brawl anyway.
You don't know what you're missing. Smash Up isn't for everyone, but it's far from garbage.

Bandit

Smash Lord
The reason Leonardo is so good is because his attacks are rangy, fast, and powerful. He doesn't need his throws to be effective.

In fact, I'd probably rarely grab with him except to mix-up my attacks.

if your 'friend' happens to be the thread title then I'm afraid... you're sorely mistaken! those indigo-jeans must be having some kind of negative effect on you
You've done a very good job of making me look like a fool, Kata.:mad:

But you may have a point. Maybe it's time I put on some khaki pants for a change.

I know which ones.

There's one not this Saturday but the next, right? JCaes told me you guys had crew practice this weekend.

Top Bottom