• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
yep profiles will be updated... I'll redo the second op at some point in the near distant future which = the next few days.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Anyone who complains about using MK or Snake clearly needs to lighten up and have more fun with the game.

Power is fun.
LoL Chad you would use a Lion King picture. Weren't we just talking about that in the car yesterday?

Mocha don't worry. You don't have to use Meta Knight. He uses you. :D

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I was just kidding. -____- But my region is right next to the Land of the MKs (and slowly morphing into a clone of it)...... it's so ****ing boring seeing MK after MK after Snake after MK after MK.

I don't mind playing either matchup (Snake is actually my favorite one <333), but it's a little sad that the roster has 30+ characters, yet you see only 2 on the regular.

/pointless mini-rant

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
I was just kidding. -____- But my region is right next to the Land of the MKs (and slowly morphing into a clone of it)...... it's so ****ing boring seeing MK after MK after Snake after MK after MK.

I don't mind playing either matchup (Snake is actually my favorite one <333), but it's a little sad that the roster has 30+ characters, yet you see only 2 on the regular.

/pointless mini-rant
Not really pointless when its the truth.

Now I can't say much cause well....TX isn't infested with MK or Snakes....so yeah.... >_>

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Luckyyyyy~ although I can't complain about my crew in particular. We main/second a really wide range of characters. It's nice.

Entering another Pika tourney..... this time it's low tiers. =D Low tiers + wifi = AWW YEAH!!!

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
So to prove my earlier point.......... top 10 results from Asylum, the biggest NJ tourney from this weekend (names taken out to prevent namesearching):

Singles

1: X ($215.00) split :metaknight::peach:
2: X ($107.50) split:diddy:
3: X ($43.00):metaknight::warioc:
4: X ($21.50):metaknight::pikachu2::dedede:
5: X ($10.75):metaknight:
5: X ($10.75):metaknight::snake::wolf:
7: X :metaknight::toonlink:
7: X :metaknight::diddy:
9: X :marth:
9: X :metaknight:
9: X :gw:
9: X :popo::metaknight:
EDIT: ****, sorry, didn't realize the double post. @.@

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
That's because all those Snakes completed the transformation to MK. =P You're only halfway there!

Just teasing. The only reason I say dark side is because 9/10, he starts off as a secondary and slowly creeps his way to being one's main...... then the other character becomes unneeded at a certain point. x.o

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Oh no, someone wants to express their opinion on an internet forum!

Blasphemy!

MrEh

Smash Hero
David Sirlin said:
The game knows no rules of “honor” or of “cheapness.” The game only knows winning and losing.

A common call of the scrub is to cry that the kind of play in which one tries to win at all costs is “boring” or “not fun.” Who knows what objective the scrub has, but we know his objective is not truly to win. Yours is. Your objective is good and right and true, and let no one tell you otherwise. You have the power to dispatch those who would tell you otherwise, anyway. Simply beat them.
David Sirlin can be criticized for a lot of things, but anyone who knowingly gives Sagat a way to combo into 2 Tiger Knees must be amazing.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Well, I learned from the best when it comes to complaining about things that can't be helped.

I've certainly heard you ***** about how bad Zelda is long enough to take a few notes.

EDIT: PokeRemixStudio is amazing when you've got insomnia. *siiiiigh~duck*

MrEh

Smash Hero
There's a fine line between complaining that something is terrible versus saying that something is terrible.

Anyway, I remembered an amazing picture I found a couple of months ago.

I didn't think too much about the picture, until I learned it was drawn on construction paper with a bunch of Crayola crayons. Pretty cool eh?

EDIT: PokeRemixStudio is amazing when you've got insomnia. *siiiiigh~duck*
I have high hopes for PokeRemixStudio. He should post a bit on OCRemix and get advice for his works though, because his tracks are mostly glorified covers versus actual arrangements. There's very little or nonexistent change in the song's counter-melodies, or even their actual melodies. Most often, the only thing that PokeRemixStudio does is alter the tempo of the original piece and use a nice instrument set.

This is a prime example. That being said, I do like this song.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
That's pretty ****ing awesome.

......................Is it mean/strange that the guy kinda reminds me of Bobby? ;; Or NKB.

EDIT: I kinda agree with you. A lot of his remixes sound like he just threw 'em into a synthesizer (I dunno if that's the word for what I'm thinking of), changed the sounds/beats, and pulled them back out. But he does some interesting stuff with most of them, and there are a few that're ridiculously good.

EDIT #2: Lol, I was just listening to that one.

My favorites are:
Cynthia Battle
Legendary Dogs Battle - I really like what he did with this one.
RSE Legendary Pokemon Battle - Not crazy about how techno it is, but I like certain parts enough to make up for it.
RBY Champion Battle - I have this on PS1. =X It's not much of a remix, though..... I think I just like the song tbh, lol.
Mesprit/Azelf/Uxie Theme
Tin Tower

MrEh

Smash Hero
Perhaps he reminds you of DM because they both looks like lovable fellows. In all honesty though, I like this picture because it's an amazing representation of quality Zelda play. (which is coincidentally DM) In the past, I said that "Zelda is like construction paper and a bunch of crayons." Crayons and construction paper are some of the most rudimentary and limited tools to work with, but when used correctly, the results can be amazing like that picture. Even Zelda's similar rudimentary tools and extremely limited options can achieve results as long as they're used correctly. However, much like how this guy's art doesn't sell for millions, Zelda won't be winning tournaments anytime soon. lol

What you're thinking of is actually a sequencer, but a synthesizer is what's used to make the sounds, so it's pretty close. Personally, I think PokeRemixStudio needs to take more risks with his work. All of his music remains too close to the source material, and it leads into fairly vanilla sounding songs. That doesn't mean that I don't enjoy listening to his work though. His music is still sequenced well and I can't complain about his choice of instruments. I would just like to hear his personal interpretations of the tracks, because that's what's severely lacking at this point.

EDIT #2: Lol, I was just listening to that one.
The reason why I was listening to this song was because I liked the original so much. There's actually an orchestrated arrangement of this song made by Nintendo. The fact that both PokeRemixStudio's and Nintendo's are exactly the same except for different tempos and instruments sort of proves my point.

PokeRemixStudio's "remix" of that song is pretty old though, so I wondered if he had gotten more creative with his newer tracks. This track was uploaded last month. It's essentially the same thing as the original. XD

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
How poetic @the picture analogy. =P

PokeRemixStudio's newer stuff is kinda...... really boring imo. x.x I kinda liked his remix of the GSC rival theme, and the Mt. Pyre remix is cute, but nothing stood out to me. Pretty much what you said: they're all way too close to the originals, even more so than a lot of his older stuff. Meh.

Out of all the Pokemon music, Lance's battle theme will always be the best theme by far (*biased*)...... maaaaybe tied with the RBY champion theme and the legendary dogs theme. I have Fairuzons' Lance remix on PS1..... loves it. <333

MrEh

Smash Hero
How poetic @the picture analogy. =P
What can I say? I'm amazing like that. :D

But seriously, I've liked all of the champion themes except for Cynthia's. While it was upbeat, it didn't have an amazing melody like the other themes do. It was pretty boring and forgettable. It's strange why it's so popular in the first place. Cynthia's theme has more hits and views on Youtube then any of the other champion themes, including the original from R/B/Y. It confuses me as to why people like her so much.
Boobs maybe? That has to be it...

My favorite champion theme is still the one from R/S/E. Sadly, it's not that popular, so there aren't any notable remixes for it. I always like these theme though. Steven was just flat out cool. Wallace not so much. :/

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I love Cynthia's theme! ;-;

Speaking of cool/not cool Pokemon bosses...... the un-coolest E4 was definitely the Sinnoh group. -_____-

Cynthia was the ****, but who the **** recruited this guy?!

And this guy?!?!!!!!?!??!!

Mandals and a bozo fro. ;;

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Pokeremixstudios is amazing. It would be neat if they made remix for other games too.

And yes KayLo, Lance's battle theme pwns too hard. I actually put mine on Norfair of all places. Also, like over half of Pokeremixstudio's songs are plastered throughout my Brawl stages. I NEED SOMETHING OTHER THAN POKEMON AND BANJO KAZOOIE/TOOIE MUSIC... WOO XD

And this guy?!?!!!!!?!??!!

LOL, it's Flint. Just give him a red nose and some paint on his cheeks and he'll be hired to work as a clown at a circus. His Pokemon blow. I remember teaming up with him at the Battle Tower... word of advice... don't. I also remember there being an Absol (I'm not sure if it was his though) that would swagger his teammate all the time. His teammate had a Lum Berry, which would cure his confusion, but then he'd just get swagger'd again. WTF lol

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I mean if you're serious, I can spam you with amazing KH music...... dunno if you wanna unleash that beast, though. =X

+ bonus points for the Lance love. <3

..... *stillhasn'tslept*

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
There's a fine line between complaining that something is terrible versus saying that something is terrible.
And you've confused even KLO by mixing the two. Seriously Eh, the continuous talk about how bad Zelda is, is like a broken record with you. Quite frankly, I just don't give a ****......who you use that is...

I mean if you're serious, I can spam you with amazing KH music...... dunno if you wanna unleash that beast, though. =X

..... *stillhasn'tslept*
This would be amazing if you did. I love KH but couldnt finish them cause the boss's were stupid towards the end. :X

And as far as PokeRemixStudio is concerned, IMO best Pokemon remixer ever.

My favorite theme is this.

Love Misty and love 1st Gen pokemon so...yeah...

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592

..... *stillhasn'tslept*
I could use some new music so sure why not xD

You should come to the Zelda xat sometime... we share songs and vids with each other there from time to time. Yeah I know it's dead but every once in awhile we'll get a healthy number.

Ronald McDonald.
Loool, how could I let this one by? He even has the yellow shirt..

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Spyro music is great, and while PRS may be legit, I like the GSSM Remix Project a little more.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Perhaps he reminds you of DM because they both looks like lovable fellows. In all honesty though, I like this picture because it's an amazing representation of quality Zelda play. (which is coincidentally DM) In the past, I said that "Zelda is like construction paper and a bunch of crayons." Crayons and construction paper are some of the most rudimentary and limited tools to work with, but when used correctly, the results can be amazing like that picture. Even Zelda's similar rudimentary tools and extremely limited options can achieve results as long as they're used correctly. However, much like how this guy's art doesn't sell for millions, Zelda won't be winning tournaments anytime soon. lol
If this passage wasn't so long I'd be tempted to sig it. :)

Also, considering that you guys were talking about horror films a little while back, here's the trailer for a film that came out a few days ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wmTv2nqTHo

It looks ****ing horrifying. I can't help but wonder what gave them the idea to make this. The fact that they claim it to be "100% medically accurate" is... interesting.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
for such a bizarre concept it actually looks really good... just that concept is so weird.

Grey... you and your mysterious ways.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
What are you talking about, Greyfox? There are several dozens of people who know how to do it.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
What are you talking about, Greyfox? There are several dozens of people who know how to do it.
Trolling me won't get you points Espy.

I'm just sayin as a just kidding thing. But it looks like someone got the message. :X

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I got.... permission to unleash my KH fangirl within?!?!!!?! K. :bee:

These are my personal favorites. Starred ones are SUPER favorites (because when it comes to KH, there are only levels of amazing..... nothing's less than average <333).

.......I'll try to restrain myself and only post songs that're good for Brawl, but no promises. x.x Sadly, I don't have looped .brstms for these yet (except one, which I'll note), but the Workshop's request thread has really fast turnover. If you want better quality .mp3s for the request thread, I have all the released albums, so I can send you anything but Days and BBS music (since they haven't been released on official soundtracks yet afaik).

Generally, the songs get more "refined" the later in the series you go, but some of the earlier ones are pretty **** good too.

KH (and Final Mix)
Hikari - Orchestra Version* - Soft but uplifting menu theme. I had this on for a while.... and loved it, just wanted something new after a while.
The Deep End* - One of the simpler boss battle songs, but I still really like it for some reason. Have it on Halberd.
Shrouding Dark Cloud - There's a Days version of this too, but for some reason I still like the original better.
Forze Del Male** - On Castle Siege. Nothing real special about it, I just like it a lot.
Another Side* - Intense menu song. Starts off real quiet, then builds and builds. Sounds much better in HD.

KH:CoM (and Re:CoM)
The 13th Struggle (CoM ver.) - Slightly different than the KH2 version..... I like the other one a little better, but they're both good.
Scythe of Petals* - Ugh, YouTube quality ***** this song. :( In HD, the beat sounds so, so much better.
Lord of the Castle** - Perfect for Castle Siege. I have a perfectly looped .brstm for this one!

KH2 (and KH2FM+)
Scherzo di Notte (KH2FM+ ver.) - Not quite as appealing as the BBS version but might be better for matches. Also loops better.
Sinister Sundown - I don't like this as a Brawl song..... but I've seen a lot of people use it, so hey.
Vim and Vigor - Same as above.
The 13th Struggle (KH2 ver.) - Got this on Delfino. Of the two versions, I prefer this one.
Darkness of the Unknown - The beginning part drags on for a bit too long, but once it gets into the good part, it's amazing. Have this on Lylat.
A Fight to the Death* - Another Lylat song. The piano parts in this one are great.
The 13th Reflection** - Theme song for the Org member in my avi. <3 Still one of my absolute favorites. I have it on FD.
The Other Promise - If you like really slow but intense songs on some stages (I would if other people didn't ***** about it so much), this one's very good.
Rage Awakened (KH2 ver.)** - Not as intense as the BBS version, but it's longer and loops better. Have this on Castle Siege.

Days
Boss Theme - Might not be hype enough for people who like fast-paced music, but it's still a good one.

BBS
Rage Awakened (BBS ver.)** - More epic than the KH2 version but shorter. I like this one better, but I would definitely need to loop it. ><

Dearly Beloved - Possible menu music? This is the best version of Dearly Beloved yet, imo.
Scherzo di Notte (BBS ver.) - I like this version the best to listen to, but I dunno if it's the best one for a Brawl match. It also cuts off, so I dunno how to loop it.
The Encounter - I like this. Not a favorite tho.
Master Eraqus Battle Theme* - Not exactly slow, but another not-as-hype one. I like how the pacing changes throughout the song, though.
Vanitas Battle - Meh. Not my cup of tea, but a lot of people like it.
Final Vanitas Battle - See above.
Fragments of Sorrow - True Final Boss Theme** - Very very epic-sounding. I dunno where to put this since all my FD music is taken up. ><

Keep in mind that almost every BBS song has another version in KH2. Actually, most songs in KH have several versions..... I just listed the ones I personally like better.

& these are only half the songs I like. ;; The others just aren't really fit for Brawl.

Other random songs I like (I have pretty varied tastes.....).... I have .brstms for most of these:

Bayonetta - Friend
Bayonetta - Battle for the Umbra Throne
Bayonetta - Red & Black
Okami - Emperor of Eternal Darkness (for Luigi's Mansion even though it's not legal..... :()
Okami - The Sun Rises
Op. orch. Type Sonic (menu)
Touhou - A Tiny, Tiny Clever Commander (metal/rock/whatever remix)
Touhou - Plain Asia (Dark Phoenix remix) (pretty sure everyone and their grandma's heard this)
Touhou - Greenwich in the Sky remix
Touhou - The Grimoire of Alice (prog rock remix) (menu theme)
Super Paper Mario - The Ultimate Show (for Yoshi's)
BlazBlue - Queen of Rose (Rachel's Theme)
RBOF - Messenger from the Deep Sea (didn't like this at first, but it goes well on Castle Siege)
8-Bit Chocolate Rain (for Frigate..... lolol)
KRool Intentions (OCRemix ver.) (weird pick, but I put it on Brinstar and it.... somehow works)

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
<3

Vim and Vigor grew on me. Didn't like it so much at first, but the more I actually listened to it, the more I liked it.

MrEh

Smash Hero
I ripped the Day's soundtrack awhile back and uploaded it onto Youtube a couple months ago. I can guarantee that it's the highest quality you'll find on Youtube. XD

Xion's Theme

My favorite from that silly game.

Top Bottom