• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
It's funny how some guys get misinterperated as women on the internet, yet as soon as a woman does come along, half the internet cries out "troll".

Doesn't happen much on this site, but yeah.

/me must be bored.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
It's funny how some guys get misinterperated as women on the internet, yet as soon as a woman does come along, half the internet cries out "troll".

Doesn't happen much on this site, but yeah.

/me must be bored.
Happens to me everytime.
Even on DeviantArt and facebook (I don't like photos of mine and I don't use them; and I use this same username). I happened once in SWF, in the music hub thread -idk if they still believing it or not...-

I'm used to it, I even play with that and even follow the game, trolling hard the guy randomly trying to flirt.
I feel so guilty.... but I regret nothing.

Rizen

Smash Legend
What can I change my name to? Suggestions plz!
TheGoodNamesWereTaken
Iceberg
(your name here)_the_happy_cricket
God
?????
Cloud_Strife
Agent_Z
I_P_Freely
EternalSpark
Alatreon

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Well, I tried to revive this place and it worked for a short while. Oh well RIP Zelda boards.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I might go full Zelda in the tournament we'll have this weekend... It all depends if I feel motivated enough...

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Well, I tried to revive this place and it worked for a short while. Oh well RIP Zelda boards.
At least we're not the Samus boards! :)

I'm probably going Zeruda at SummerSmash, though I've told you all this already.

Australian Zelderp Rep!

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I loved those matches against Yoshi.
Next time try PS Eggs, not spotdodge them all.

Also, some of you guys should try Balanced Brawl sometime.
Love Jumping on it is amazingly fun and effective.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Thanks for the advice, I will definitely do so. I got a full critique on all three videos ... really looking forward to this matchup again. :)

Glad you liked them... a LOT of improvement to be made though.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Nice tech at 1:55 on the first dubs video.

Might I suggest not following people offstage with Zelda? Zelda punishes get ups pretty well when you predict properly.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Oh I never thought I really followed people offstage. I'll have to keep that in mind.

Love jumping... I used to think it was really good but not so much now...

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I didn't really like skyward sword all that much. I thought TP was better.

Courier you should post your vids in the video thread :mad088: The yoshi ones were really fun to watch.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I didn't really like skyward sword all that much. I thought TP was better.

Courier you should post your vids in the video thread :mad088: The yoshi ones were really fun to watch.
Wow, someone else liked TP better too. SS was a really good game but I liked TP a little better. There's a huge line of discussions about TP vs SS and they usually boil down to which style you like better. SS's cartoony, watercolor, gimmicky vs TP's Darker, higher contrast, more realistic.

@ Courier, thanks for critiquing my replay:).

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
^Yw.

So I started practising "auto-cancelled" Nair followups. Kinda difficult to get the bair sweetspot followup but with some more practise I think I will start to be more consistent.

Why didn't I learn this sooner it's godly! Auto-cancelled nair to ftilt to up smash at early % <3

Trying to implement retreating kicks into my game as well.

Aside: I was losing interest in this game but after having a smashfest on Friday I've become motivated again!

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Good stuff Courier. Yeah I love auto cancel Nairs. I think every Zelda should make use of this as much as they can, and learn the timing of what followup to use.

What works best for me to followup with bair out of nair is to try and land nair from behind them. You can also try a back air cancel into nair behind them, which will ALWAYS put your opponent behind you for back air if you do it right. If you want to know what I'm talking about I can hop on wifi and show you this online, even though lag sucks for timing stuff. This goes for any other Zelda who wants to practice it, or anything else in particular.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
That's exactly what I'm talking about. Doing this will almost always ensure you will get the last hit of nair from behind the opponent, which sets them up for the back air. This is why you sometimes see me using aerials, even when my opponent is nowhere near me. I use it to space and practice aerial canceling. Also if you don't sweet spot back air you can follow up with another nair, which again, if done correctly will send your opponent behind you again.

I have actually naired someone almost all the way across the stage because of sour spot back air. Not that it did much damage, but it was fun to do, and it eventually sent my opponent off stage. You can also try nair cancel to down air sometime if you're near the edge

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I use landing nairs all the time. I'm not technical enough to land great combos, but my nairs always link into either upsmash or dsmash lol.

:phone:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Haha I blame Diska for making me try to learn nair followups!

I feel like changing my name to green since everybody else has a green username!

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Oh yeah I'm gonna try to convince the people in my region to start singles late so I can join in (for a change) rather than me only being able to make it for side events.

Sucks I work until 4pm on Saturdays and the other thing that kinda sucks is I gotta start pools right away without any warmup and I'm physically exhausted (I work in a warehouse with an incentive system). Last tourney that I actually made it to, I lost pools (even to people I can beat and got 3 stocked by people who shouldn't). In bracket, I faced the person who got 4th first and then in losers I had to play a MK who placed 3rd. /johns

On the bright side, I have improved a bunch since then so I'm looking forward to the next event (I can't believe I've played Brawl for 7 months now time flies by so quickly!). If I face Olimar I think I'm just going to dig deep and use Zelda anyway. There's going to be a semi-large tournament in Vancouver which is like a "Road to Impulse" (the MK Banned Canadian national) where people from the USA and Western Canada will hopefully all meet. Hoping I can do decent there, and rep Zelda. Gonna take the day off if I can because.... it's gonna be on Saturday again!!! :(

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I has no coll color in my name....
I tried cyan, purple, URC Blue, and even that light blue from Ambassators... and no luck...
And I'm too poor to change it to green...

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I has no coll color in my name....
I tried cyan, purple, URC Blue, and even that light blue from Ambassators... and no luck...
And I'm too poor to change it to green...
It's okay we still love you <3 The default is my favourite username colour.

@Kataefi We need a new title for the social thread it's been the same since November!!! (Or we can make a new social thread :))

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
i agree. we need a title change!

about nair stuffs... i made a thread here. this was back when hotgarbage was testing.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=259274

there's a vid here as well to explain more of the followups. there's 4 identified trajectories but I'm sure there's more. just remember that hits 1-4 are like a hoover so they drag the opponent toward zelda wherever she is going. nairing to the left? your opponent will go left... and if they're small they'll go up left as well. etc...

from my experience, grab/dash attack are the things i do out of it.

you know i'm wondering... you can actually do a kick from this guaranteed. can people try tech chasing from a trip? that would be very interesting to see.

Top Bottom