• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Can nair really be auto cancelled? I remember somebody (think it was Aero) saying that said nair isn't auto cancelled but has very low landing lag in the first four hits?

A sweetspotted bair will be easier to land the taller/bigger the opponent is like Bowser (obvious I know). If it was somebody like Pikachu I don't it would be nearly as easy because of the time constraints and the bit of techskill needed to even pull the string.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
no it can't be autocancelled.

it's just a habit that everyone says this. nair just ends when it lands on the ground.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
no it can't be autocancelled.

it's just a habit that everyone says this.
nair just ends when it lands on the ground.
Ahh, used to be a pet peeve of mine. Even though sometimes I said it too just so I wouldn't have to explain to people that it's not actually an autocancel. :urg:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I could call "autocancel" to moves that cancel into regular landing lag (no added lag like Marth's Dair), and "lagless" to those who doesn't....

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Good stuff Courier. Yeah I love auto cancel Nairs. I think every Zelda should make use of this as much as they can, and learn the timing of what followup to use.

What works best for me to followup with bair out of nair is to try and land nair from behind them. You can also try a back air cancel into nair behind them, which will ALWAYS put your opponent behind you for back air if you do it right. If you want to know what I'm talking about I can hop on wifi and show you this online, even though lag sucks for timing stuff. This goes for any other Zelda who wants to practice it, or anything else in particular.
Vids or it didn't happen.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
srsly, I've been telling you guys how amazing nair is since 09, none of you believed me though. :king:

fsmashfsmashfsmash

hnnnnng the pot for upcoming tournament is $600 for 1st plus 50% of the entry fee, should I still go Zelda?

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
but the part where you carry them all the way across the stage using it
Lol it was almost all the way across the stage, but not quite. They took very little damage because it was just a combination of the weaker part of nair + sourspot back air. And I should have saved it, but I didn't cause I rarely save replays. Diska knows this too. -wink-

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
lawl awesome.

It might be something to try on newer players, but an experienced Falco player would probably just jab or something.

I was pretending to play Melee while playing Brawl and sourspot fair trips people at high percent. wtffffffff

And I got a d-smash out of it. lol

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Haha I blame Diska for making me try to learn nair followups!

I feel like changing my name to green since everybody else has a green username!
Lool. He hates it when I nair cancel on him =P

After changing my avatar/font/signature/title, something about the green name above 'Nayru' threw me off, so I had to change to default lol. Pity it's not blue, ah well.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
I don't use green Zelda much. Though I sometimes go through phases of different colors. I first started with red and used it for a long time. Then I used a bit of the black, and occasionally green (because I did doubles a lot with S.p and he loved green). Awhile before attending tournaments, I've gone blue and been stuck with it since. Also been using the default Zelda because I have a texture on it (the white one on my sig).

Anyone else go through color phases? xD

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I strictly use default unless it's doubles in which case I go for whatever team colour my partner wants.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Green on other Wiis, red on mine since I had a crimson Zelda texture.

Black and pink are ok. Never liked the blue.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Pink is so underrated. I may use it or the red one for some Valentine uploads later we'll see =P

I haven't seen any Skyward Sword Zelda texture with her default pink dress. I've seen the other colors though

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I don't think the light blonde hair in the pink dress looks nice on Zelda.

I dunno why I lol'd at your location Mocha.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Great drawing, Aero!!
I wish I can make more simplistic drawings like that... But I always attempt for big ones.. and fail at it...

I had a tournament today, but I wasn't very fine and lost to a Ness as Marth and to a Fox as Dedede (won to a ROB and a ICs with DDD and Zamus, respectively).
It is hard trying to learn a character after the ban...
we might have a MK-allowed tournament later.

After that, I played some Zelda friendlies... against two different Falcos...
I went extremely close in both, but in the first one I SD'd... the second one was legit, tho. I must learn to be much more careful offstage.
Also, Zeldas, Uair juggling is amazingly good, don't understimate it, you can either kill super early or bait an airdode into sparkle **** (F/U smash).

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
It's okay we all have bad days! The flip side is that we also have amazing days too!

And yeah up air juggling is good it does require some good reads and/or luck though. As for Meta Knight... I think any win you get without him is worth a lot more than a win using Meta Knight. It's worth the extra losses... especially Zelda. We'll tend to lose more than say Snake or Diddy but when we win it feels soooo good.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
that's a well good pic aero! what did you use to make it?

btw i have this craving for zelda dittos. if anyone's online pm me or something!

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
lol thanks guys. It literally only took 5 minutes though.

I used Paint Tool SAI. <3

Also my phone bill is going to be $400.

Gonna try to weasel my way out of that one. :3

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Browsing smashboards/other websites too much. lol

So I told Virgin (mobile provider) that I don't want to join Mr. Branson's space expedition and asked them to waive it.

I don't think they're going to though.

Top Bottom