• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
So....anyone ever been on teams w/ a Sonic/DDD/Snake/Kirby?

me and my friend decided to participate in doubles....but i have no idea what i should/could be doing when partnered in general let alone his characters and i was wondering if someone could give a hint or two?

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
So....anyone ever been on teams w/ a Sonic/DDD/Snake/Kirby?

me and my friend decided to participate in doubles....but i have no idea what i should/could be doing when partnered in general let alone his characters and i was wondering if someone could give a hint or two?
one of the people I used to play with all the time played DDD all the time, and I used to play with Shugo's sonic once in a while too.

Sonic was an okay teammate, but if he was trying to run around and you were on the same level of the stage as him, it wasn't too hard to accidentally run into Zelda's lingering hitboxes. Assuming you can coordinate well though, it seemed like an OK team.

DDD, on the other hand, was an AWFUL experience. I mean it was cool to save his life with Din's like we can to peach every once in a while, but, generally, he just keeps getting in the way and if YOU accidentally get in the way, you die.

Hi Zeldas

I like this thread title =)
Thank you very much ^_^

It's not nearly as cool as ours.
Somebody is obviously jealous.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Just got back from the tourney.

i came in last in doubles and singles lol. :urg:but it was still fun and i got to learn alot.

i did find that i can do Shiek Dacus while running when it counts 90% of the time lol

Back from mine as well 4/7 in doubles

3rd seed in pools

Played one set as Zelda in bracket which i won.

I was a recording set up ***** so I got about 7 matches recorded 4 from doubles 2 from pools and the 1 bracket match.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Hi guys :D I'm Aleate although I prefer to be called Kevin, my actual name.

So I'm fairly new to all this tournament business and I just went to my first event last Saturday. Needless to say, I ended up nearly last in everything with Zelda/Sheilda but I guess I have to start somewhere. From learning how stage selection worked to self-destructions, I was a mess :p.

But anyway, I figure I'd just drop by and say hi.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Back from mine as well 4/7 in doubles

3rd seed in pools

Played one set as Zelda in bracket which i won.

I was a recording set up ***** so I got about 7 matches recorded 4 from doubles 2 from pools and the 1 bracket match.
good job!
what character were you teamed w/?

So I'm fairly new to all this tournament business and I just went to my first event last Saturday. Needless to say, I ended up nearly last in everything with Zelda/Sheilda but I guess I have to start somewhere. From learning how stage selection worked to self-destructions, I was a mess :p.

Hello and Welcome!

getting those SDs out of the way now is a good thing, im sure you'll do better next time.

NNID
Tofer_Magicant

Welcome :D

How does one become a Smash Debator?

:phone:

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
hmmmmm... iunno how often I've ever really had to do this. I almost always just DACUS from a standstil.
well if you just Baired someone across the stage and think they may ledgehop while you run over there or are dropping off a platform while your running that way.....

my standing DACUS still needs work. it works like 60% of the time, but i think that its the weird buffering that makes my running ones work alot more.

EDIT:I don't think theres any situation where you have to do it while running, its more like an on the move go for it type of thing

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
well if you just Baired someone across the stage and think they may ledgehop while you run over there or are dropping off a platform while your running that way.....

my standing DACUS still needs work. it works like 60% of the time, but i think that its the weird buffering that makes my running ones work alot more.

EDIT:I don't think theres any situation where you have to do it while running, its more like an on the move go for it type of thing
I'll normally do something like charge needles making it look like I'm going to use them and then dacus instead.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Is it a girl?
I honestly can't tell.
nope. he's Kagamine Rin's twin brother, though, and Rin is a girl.

I can do Sheik's DACUS 100% of the time.

I have no idea what any of you are talking about.
well, like I said, it seems to be the touchiest DACUS but it still just requires practice and it's easy.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Oh, well aren't they just the cutest twins ever.
hmmmm... I guess that means that My twin and myself aren't the cutest twins ever . . . I'll have to get on my other half for bringing down the average cuteness quotient of the pair of us.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Hello Zeldas, how is everyone doing :D And wow Aibou was right, there are a lot of ponies in this thread now O____O

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Thanks for the welcome guys<3
How does one become a Smash Debater?
You have to apply for posting rights for the Proving Grounds in the Debate Hall. Then you just show everybody you have what it takes to be a debater to become a Smash Debater. Funny thing is, I don't have much debating skill and I wasn't able to be evaluated much as compared to now due to the low activity back then. I find the system a little silly though since the Debate Hall isn't very busy and I've seen similar places like the Debate Hall in other forums do just fine without membership.

Sheik's DACUS is tough for me. I try it from time to time, with a 20%-ish success rate. It's cool but I don't see myself using it due to lack consistency and actually timing the button release correctly (ie. I miss a lot with DACUS when it does work).

And sigh, it's Ponychan everywhere :<

Top Bottom