• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
hey Zeldspazz! its been a long time since you were here lol

Sheik's DACUS is tough for me. I try it from time to time, with a 20%-ish success rate. It's cool but I don't see myself using it due to lack consistency and actually timing the button release correctly (ie. I miss a lot with DACUS when it does work).
if your going to use sheik you might as well get it down cause it is useful

don't be like me and take 3 years to finally start getting it down lol ;)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Thanks for the tip, although I wonder what's the point. I rarely get it, and when I succeed I miss. Is it the sequence of button pressing I'm doing right? As people have told me, the way to do it is:

Left/Right, C-stick down, Up + R (set as attack).

As far as results go, I seem to get it half the time when I'm already running and 20% (or less) of the time standing still. I spent like an hour in total practising and from my results, it seems months would be more prudent.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Yay I have purple!

Also, hi spazz!!!

DACUS is simple. Aleate, that's the scheme I have and I'm clicking at around a 90-95% success rate. I'm even doing it OoS just because lol. Just keep practicing. My way to do it is go to training mode, and try to get 10 straight, 5 in each direction and then 10 GR DACUSs on MK. Get it to muscle memory.

:phone:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
DACUS is simple. Aleate, that's the scheme I have and I'm clicking at around a 90-95% success rate. I'm even doing it OoS just because lol. Just keep practicing. My way to do it is go to training mode, and try to get 10 straight, 5 in each direction and then 10 GR DACUSs on MK. Get it to muscle memory.
Wow, you must be the resident expert in these parts.

And lol at 10 in a row, if I can get 2 that's already an accomplishment. I think my muscle memory has learned how to do DACUS wrong :p.

I do:
↔
C↓
↑+Z
I'd try Z, but I'm so accustomed to using Z as my grabbing button I don't think I'd be able to grab anymore. R is never used so it's perfect for me.

Guess I'll practise a little. But yeah, how long would it take because... this really isn't one of my life's priorities.

Purple is awesome, but I can't read purple text when the background is dark.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Guess I'll practise a little. But yeah, how long would it take because... this really isn't one of my life's priorities.
If you're free one day just try it... it might take a little bit but honestly, if you have any reasonable amount of free time you can pound it out with perserverence.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
If you're free one day just try it... it might take a little bit but honestly, if you have any reasonable amount of free time you can pound it out with perserverence.
Okay, I'll give it shot. Unfortunately, I'm a little too free having been let go from my second job :x.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
eh...I envy you. I work full time as a pharmacist intern. days can get tiresome.
Aw but at least what you're doing is productive and will help you in the long run! I'd much rather be busy all day than at home slacking off.

It's interesting because I envy your situation, besides the pharmacy stuff because my parents have been adamant about me doing pharmacy despite the fact I have no interest in that particular field. I quit 3 years into my Biology degree (I know, I know) and decided to start fresh in Business :p. I'm loving it and after taking some Law related classes, I am heavily considering applying to Law School once I complete my degree.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Aw but at least what you're doing is productive and will help you in the long run! I'd much rather be busy all day than at home slacking off.

It's interesting because I envy your situation, besides the pharmacy stuff because my parents have been adamant about me doing pharmacy despite the fact I have no interest in that particular field. I quit 3 years into my Biology degree (I know, I know) and decided to start fresh in Business :p.
I know a few people who dropped out of the pharmacy major and ended up getting a pharm-biz degree from the business college (that's how the university traps ya! :p) . . . they also offer a really wonky Pharmacy/Law dual degree that eats up all your free time and barely opens any special doors anyway.

Anyway, next year I'll be a full fledged pharmacist so . . . yay :)

For the record, I don't think I wanna be a community pharmacist, I plan on becoming a professor of pharmacy at a university, actually.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Oh grats! The one thing that made pharmacy not appealing was actually going to a few pharmacies and talking to the pharmacists about their jobs. I didn't hear many positives to be honest.

Also, my friend with a 90% average and 99th percentile of the PCAT with an excellent resume didn't make it in the first time (made it the second time). That scares me.

Teaching pharmacy would likely appeal to me more than practicing it, but that's just me :). Although, that means a lot more schooling right? :x

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Oh grats! The one thing that made pharmacy not appealing was actually going to a few pharmacies and talking to the pharmacists about their jobs. I didn't hear many positives to be honest.

Also, my friend with a 90% average and 99th percentile of the PCAT with an excellent resume didn't make it in the first time (made it the second time). That scares me.

Teaching pharmacy would likely appeal to me more than practicing it, but that's just me :). Although, that means a lot more schooling right? :x
well lately with all the changes in health care and with stupid, stupid insurance, it can be annoying. Especially when customers blame you for the problems caused by someone else . . . but the job isn't bad, really. What draws a lot of people is that it pulls in a good amount of money for comparitively easier work than an MD.

I was a valadictorian going into college and I scored well enough on the ACT that I got into the pharmacy program by default without needing to take the PCAT :p

it isn't not actually necessarily more schooling. Seeing as a PharmD is already a doctorate, I can become a professor with a PharmD alone. I can go for more schooling though if I want to teach a more specialized course like Medicinal Chemistry, Pharmacology, Immunology, etc.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Oh I gotcha. Guess things aren't the same where we live. I guess we Canadians have it a little better in terms of health care too?

It's good to genuinely do what you like though. It took me a while to stop lying to myself that I liked Biology :p.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Oh I gotcha. Guess things aren't the same where we live. I guess we Canadians have it a little better in terms of health care too?

It's good to genuinely do what you like though. It took me a while to stop lying to myself that I liked Biology :p.
I don't know about Canada, but in the US, in order to be a pharmacist, you need to get a doctorate ANYWAY, so, I mean, if you have a doctorate, you can teach.

As far as Canadian healthcare being better . . . yeah, probably. The american health care plan is in the trash right now because the democrats wanted it passed SO badly that they let the extremist republicans mutilate it first so it's this massive, labyrinthine text that even the people who wrote it don't understand . . . maybe in 50 years the kinks will get worked out.

I love teaching and I love sciences. I've already worked for 2 years as an organic chemstry TA because I aced the class so . . . yeah, I hope to be able to teach for the rest of my life :)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Lol, people at the Zelda boards respond to posts like lightning :x

I can't speak for Canada, but at least where I'm from you just need a Bachelor's to practice pharmacy.

I absolutely hate the Sciences. It's lonely, hard, time consuming, and not fun at all :(. I can't even count the number of times I spilled HCl everywhere, or open the dry heater (whatever it's called) only to have tons of beakers drop and break. I remember in first year chem, we were doing that pipetting stuff and I turn the knob to let the chemicals drop and somehow I removed the whole bottom section which caused a big mess.

I love group work, interaction, and the labs we don't have to do. Forget getting 60% on a lab because I made an impure compound despite my hardest efforts.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Lol, people at the Zelda boards respond to posts like lightning :x

I can't speak for Canada, but at least where I'm from you just need a Bachelor's to practice pharmacy.

I absolutely hate the Sciences. It's lonely, hard, time consuming, and not fun at all :(. I can't even count the number of times I spilled HCl everywhere, or open the dry heater (whatever it's called) only to have tons of beakers drop and break. I remember in first year chem, we were doing that pipetting stuff and I turn the knob to let the chemicals drop and somehow I removed the whole bottom section which caused a big mess.

I love group work, interaction, and the labs we don't have to do. Forget getting 60% on a lab because I made an impure compound despite my hardest efforts.
we respond like lightning kicks you mean? Anyway LOOK AT MY SIGNATURE. what do you think "Replying to you at supersonic speed" means?

Yeah.... I think the US has the strictest regulations on pharmacy and the strictest requirements of their pharmacists . . . that's why it's so much cheaper to manufacture drugs in other countries and why pharmacy is a blue-collar job in certain other countries.

I don't know what to say about lab. . . I always just had "the touch." My students loved me and the professors I was under adored me while I was a student and a TA :)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
we respond like lightning kicks you mean? Anyway LOOK AT MY SIGNATURE. what do you think "Replying to you at supersonic speed" means?

Yeah.... I think the US has the strictest regulations on pharmacy and the strictest requirements of their pharmacists . . . that's why it's so much cheaper to manufacture drugs in other countries and why pharmacy is a blue-collar job in certain other countries.

I don't know what to say about lab. . . I always just had "the touch." My students loved me and the professors I was under adored me while I was a student and a TA :)
Haha. The place I work at is a warehouse that distributes product to pharmacies. It's not doing too well due to government intervention cutting the cost of generic drugs in half... although I guess the people who actually need the drugs are happy?

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Haha. The place I work at is a warehouse that distributes product to pharmacies. It's not doing too well due to government intervention cutting the cost of generic drugs in half... although I guess the people who actually need the drugs are happy?
No. The customers are never happy. nothing is good enough for them . . .

. . . ever

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
No. The customers are never happy. nothing is good enough for them . . .

. . . ever
Oh that is so true. Quite often, I wish customers would gtfo the store and go home. If anybody visits the Debate Hall, you'd know 90% of the customers I deal with can't speak English. They are so demanding, but nobody can understand each other.

I heard stuff from "It's Thursday, so you must give me a discount" or "You have terrible customer service, you can't even tell what my son's waist size is from looking at him".

Oh that is so true. Quite often, I wish customers would gtfo the store and go home. If anybody visits the Debate Hall, you'd know 90% of the customers I deal with can't speak English. They are so demanding, but nobody can understand each other.

I heard stuff from "It's Thursday, so you must give me a discount" or "You have terrible customer service, you can't even tell what my son's waist size is from looking at him".
Clearly the issue is that you can't tell someone's waist size from looking at them.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I'd hate to hijack this topical conversation, but what do you guys think of:

a) Zelda and Spamus in teams

and

b) Peasant Zelda in Skyward Sword?

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
1) Hm, I imagine it would be rather annoying. Samus and Zelda both being projectile spammers and all.

2) Don't like her look at all. Twilight Princess has the best looking incarnation of Princess Zelda.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Zelda's projectile can go through Samus though. I wonder if Samus' wall of projectiles can slow the opponents enough for Din's to reach that part of the stage.

Also I DEFINITELY agree with TP's Zelda being the best looking. I thought SS's Zelda was a new interesting take on her, and I do look forward to seeing how Sakurai will incorporate her into SSB Wii U.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Have Samus be obnoxious at the mid range. She can pressure with her wall very well and we can send the fireballs right through her. It would be a very interesting team but who plays the part of stock holder?

SS Zelda looks awful close to CD-I Zelda in a weird way. I think that's just me lol. She still looks pretty awesome but nowhere near Twilight Zelda.

:phone:

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725

You'd be surprised the **** I have to put up with. People think they are so entitled. I mean one customer was swearing up and down at me because I couldn't give him a drug refil:

he didn't give his name, any personal information or his prescription number. He wouldn't even tell me what drug he needed. And then he got pissed because I couldn't divine what his name, prescription number, etc. were . . . like I'm supposed to be psychic or something.

M@v

Subarashii!
The best Zelda is Wind Waker Zelda, followed by Sheik, then Pony Zelda, then Child Zelda from OoT, followed by Tetra.
Wind Waker Zelda==tetra. You don't need to rank them separate.

eww, ponies. I'm one of those people not on that bandwagon.

My favorite Zelda design is OoT(who also had sheik which made it even better), followed by Twilight princess.

Top Bottom