• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Post-Op = Post Operation

It's usually used in the context of a sex-change lol

:rosalina:
in this context, yes.

in the medical community, Pre-op and Post-op are used all the time for pretty much any operation . . . but in popular culture, or any time you use Post-op or Pre-op as NOUNS, you're almost always referring to a transexual.

i.e. the phrase above would read:

The fact that you prefer Zelda after the female → male sex-change operation suggests certain things about you . . .

Rizen

Smash Legend
I thought SS's Zelda was a new interesting take on her, and I do look forward to seeing how Sakurai will incorporate her into SSB Wii U.
Heaven forbid! SSBs has always been, and should stay, as realistic as possible. That's the charm; a realistic take on different styles of animation.
The Wii U's hi-def graphics should be used for characters like the E3 graphic demo of Link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arHNcSMXaBk
^That's what SSB4 should look like.

BTW, what's the G&W MU? A G&W owned my Zelda:(.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Ruto does say "A man name Sheik saved me..." in OoT, but Ruto's not all there either. Maybe Sheik just sounded like a man. The SSBs Sheik is a girl.

The characters in OoT do refer to Sheik as a man, but she never says so herself, everyone just assumed from her outward appearance, which if you take a close look at has the bandages that female warriors use to pad down their breasts so that they don't get in the way during fights.

There's no need for a man to wear these unless hes super fat and sporting C cup man boobs. Sheik is clearly not that fat. So either Sheik is a man wearing women breast padding (lol) or shes a woman wearing ambiguous clothes with bandages to pad down her breasts..

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Okay, so looking at the opening post, it seems I've done a bad job at introducing myself... so here goes.

Your Smash Name: I don't really have one. Others call me Aleate but I don't know how the name is pronounced. I prefer being called by my actual name, Kevin.
Region: Vancouver, British Columbia. (Canada)
Tournament or Casual Player: I'm a casual player though I'm slowly learning the stunts and tricks from the tournament side.
Colour Costume: Default
Sheik: Yes. SHEik (get it? >_>) is my most favourite ninja princess ever.
Tournament Secondaries: Zero Suit Samus

[COLLAPSE="Trivial Facts"][COLLAPSE="From a few weeks ago."]
[/COLLAPSE]
-I'm 22 years old.
-I'm a Chinese born in Canada. I can speak Cantonese, English, and Mandarin (in order of learning).
-I don't act my age at all.
-I'm 5'6 / 5'7. I'm buying a growth spurt. Anyone?
-I used to weigh over 200 pounds. I'm very insecure about my weight. People say I'm "really skinny" though.
-My friends call me by my last name. It's not a stereotypical Chinese last name.
-I'm not religious. I believe in Karma though.
-I'm pretty feminine. My voice is high, and people insist I'm gay although I'm really not.
-I don't have any plans for a relationship, but one of my dreams is to have a kid and let him experience what a real family is like since I never got that chance.
-My printing and cursive are neater than most girls'.
-I finished my IB Diploma in High School.
-I'm a former Biology major now in Business. I am considering applying to Law School after graduation since my BLaw class totally changed my life.
-I am a slacker.
-Besides Hockey, I don't really watch mainstream sports. My favourite sport would have to be Curling, followed by Figure Skating, Tennis, and Diving.
-I used to play Table Tennis in tournament environments.
-I grew up learning music. I can play the Violin, Trumpet, and French Horn. I only really enjoy the Violin though I haven't touched it in years.
-I used to be a devoted gamer. Though I gave into temptation and got a Nintendo 3DS and played OoT 3D for nostalgia.
-I played MapleStory for 7 years straight. I was extremely competitive in this game. Please, stay away from this game everybody.
-I don't like Anime, Manga, or any other form of Japanese media. The exception would be Japanese games that have been translated into English.
-My favourite foods are anything Indian. Spicyness must be at maximum.
-I usually like to support the underdog. Maining Zelda is just a coincidence.
-I'm also struggling to find more points to add to this post.
-I like Blue. Orange too.
-I like reading. Deathly Hallows Part 2 revived my obsession with Harry Potter.
-I am proactive, and take initiative whenever I can unless I'm really tired.
-I get uneasy when I use the word "I" excessively, like I"m doing in this post.
-I often feel as if I'm ignored on the Internet. Although I shouldn't care and profess not to, I do care to an extent.

That's all. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. Hope you guys know me a little better now :).[/COLLAPSE]

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Yeah I know but I decided to stop in and say hi :D How are you doing?
good, a bit stressed, but good nonetheless
I'd hate to hijack this topical conversation, but what do you guys think of:

a) Zelda and Spamus in teams

and

b) Peasant Zelda in Skyward Sword?
A) i would like to try that team if i had a spamus partner. i would think Zelda could stock tank since Samus would be in front lol

B)shes cute, but i prefer TP Zelda cause she's just so beautiful
BTW, what's the G&W MU? A G&W owned my Zelda:(.
It's terrible. worse for her than anyone else (except olimar) in my opinion
Olimar is the devil, i'd rather fight G&W's over Oli almost
Okay, so looking at the opening post, it seems I've done a bad job at introducing myself... so here goes.
you don't like japanese media, but like dubbed games? :confused:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
^Yup. I much rather listen to spoken English than read it. If I wanted to read, I'd get a book :p.

Weeaboos kind of scare me. It also scares me from Japanese media. Hearing about hoards of people coming to watch a holographic Anime girl and listen to computer generated music seems... very strange to me. Does the audience even understand what's being sung? Sorry, I probably crossed a line there. :x

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Heaven forbid! SSBs has always been, and should stay, as realistic as possible. That's the charm; a realistic take on different styles of animation.
The Wii U's hi-def graphics should be used for characters like the E3 graphic demo of Link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arHNcSMXaBk
^That's what SSB4 should look like.
I love that trailer so much. <3

And thanks everyone for your input with Zelda/Spamus. The tournament's in Sept, and I'll try to get videos. :bee:

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Sheik is female.

And shes a tomboy, not a ******.
last I checked, tomboys didn't actually attempt to make themselves LOOK like males, they just refuse to be feminine.

Any way you slice it, sheik's a ******.

Your Smash Name: I don't really have one. Others call me Aleate but I don't know how the name is pronounced. I prefer being called by my actual name, Kevin.
Region: Vancouver, British Columbia. (Canada)
Tournament or Casual Player: I'm a casual player though I'm slowly learning the stunts and tricks from the tournament side.
Colour Costume: Default
Sheik: Yes. SHEik (get it? >_>) is my most favourite ninja princess ever.
Tournament Secondaries: Zero Suit Samus

[COLLAPSE="Trivial Facts"][COLLAPSE="From a few weeks ago."]
[/COLLAPSE]
-I'm 22 years old.
-I'm a Chinese born in Canada. I can speak Cantonese, English, and Mandarin (in order of learning).
-I don't act my age at all.
-I'm 5'6 / 5'7. I'm buying a growth spurt. Anyone?
-I used to weigh over 200 pounds. I'm very insecure about my weight. People say I'm "really skinny" though.
-My friends call me by my last name. It's not a stereotypical Chinese last name.
-I'm not religious. I believe in Karma though.
-I'm pretty feminine. My voice is high, and people insist I'm gay although I'm really not.
-I don't have any plans for a relationship, but one of my dreams is to have a kid and let him experience what a real family is like since I never got that chance.
-My printing and cursive are neater than most girls'.
-I finished my IB Diploma in High School.
-I'm a former Biology major now in Business. I am considering applying to Law School after graduation since my BLaw class totally changed my life.
-I am a slacker.
-Besides Hockey, I don't really watch mainstream sports. My favourite sport would have to be Curling, followed by Figure Skating, Tennis, and Diving.
-I used to play Table Tennis in tournament environments.
-I grew up learning music. I can play the Violin, Trumpet, and French Horn. I only really enjoy the Violin though I haven't touched it in years.
-I used to be a devoted gamer. Though I gave into temptation and got a Nintendo 3DS and played OoT 3D for nostalgia.
-I played MapleStory for 7 years straight. I was extremely competitive in this game. Please, stay away from this game everybody.
-I don't like Anime, Manga, or any other form of Japanese media. The exception would be Japanese games that have been translated into English.
-My favourite foods are anything Indian. Spicyness must be at maximum.
-I usually like to support the underdog. Maining Zelda is just a coincidence.
-I'm also struggling to find more points to add to this post.
-I like Blue. Orange too.
-I like reading. Deathly Hallows Part 2 revived my obsession with Harry Potter.
-I am proactive, and take initiative whenever I can unless I'm really tired.
-I get uneasy when I use the word "I" excessively, like I"m doing in this post.
-I often feel as if I'm ignored on the Internet. Although I shouldn't care and profess not to, I do care to an extent.

That's all. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. Hope you guys know me a little better now :).[/COLLAPSE]
damnit I'm too lazy to edit all this in right now . . . *grumble grumble grumble*

all right all right I'll get to it sometime this week :glare:

lol. such was my plan :)

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
^Yup. I much rather listen to spoken English than read it. If I wanted to read, I'd get a book :p.
i usually do as well, but i don't mind if i can only get it subbed, since not all anime gets a dub version over here. when it comes to anime though w/e language i saw it in first is what i personally like to watch it in. exceptions are something like Sailor Moon: Sailor Stars as i can only watch it subbed and not dubbed like the previous seasons.

Weeaboos kind of scare me. It also scares me from Japanese media.
weeboos can be bad. you shouldnt let those bad ones scare you from japanese media cause they are overly obsessed in a dumb way. hell im starting to feel a negative effect from knowing a dragonball otaku towards dragonball that i didnt have before. so i try not to hang w/ that person too much.

Hearing about hoards of people coming to watch a holographic Anime girl and listen to computer generated music seems... very strange to me. Does the audience even understand what's being sung? Sorry, I probably crossed a line there. :x
that reminds me of the time my boyfriend unfairly questioned me about how can i like Jpop if i dont understand what is being sung. considering i never questioned his like of Celine Dions french songs that im pretty sure he never knew the translation for. :glare:

music is music, if you happen to like something in a different language that's just it. besides if they wanted to know what the translation was they could go find it somewhere.

i would actually go and see the Hatsune Miku concert cause not only do i like the music i also think a hologram concert would be interesting to see.

SKidd

Smash Master
Well, I haven't watched Kimi ni Todoke season 2, but I can't see the romance being any faster.
I did enjoy the rest of the anime though. The Ryu & Chizu arc was really good. So was the Kurumi one. But the main relationship between Sawako and Kazehaya... Meh.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
90's Mexican dub was the best dub.

They translated nice and accurately Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball, Digimon Adventure and Ranma ½, among many, many others.... I love them so much...

SKidd

Smash Master
Maybe someday I'll watch Kimi ni Todoke season 2.

I just had a Kawasumi Mai avy for too long.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I watched Sailor Moon, Pokemon, and DBZ back in the day before I knew what Anime was.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I dunno if it's an anime but I love Avatar! I saw the trailer for The Legend of Korra recently, and it's depressing that it won't be out for another year.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
A guy here said "I'd like to see an adult Aang there!"
And I replied "moron, new Avatar implies Aang is dead".
He was so mad.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
An older Aang was in the trailer... in the form of a large statue :x

I'm glad the main character is female AND a water bender. Katara was badass, can't wait to see Korra top her.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
almost everyone likes Avatar, except my one friend who was like "im afraid of ameri-anime" lol.

she's picky about her anime anyway, but what she likes is normally pretty good.

i actually forgot legend of Korra was coming out next year. that whole out of sight out of mind thing, but i was excited when i heard about it since i had recently finished Avatar when my friend told me about it

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Have any of you seen the anime "Darker Than Black"? We've been streaming animes lately in a xat I go to a lot and I wanted to know if it's any good.

Also wow I used to stay logged into SWF for days and it just logged me out within like 10 min D:<

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Have any of you seen the anime "Darker Than Black"? We've been streaming animes lately in a xat I go to a lot and I wanted to know if it's any good.

Also wow I used to stay logged into SWF for days and it just logged me out within like 10 min D:<
Holy **** it's zeldspazz!
and holy **** I'm posting here.

Darker than Black is amazing. I'm not a huge anime person anime person and I loved it.
Storyline was a bit difficult for me to follow though. and there aren't that many episodes.......
Anyways, you should watch it.
Last episode was so sad.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero

Darker than Black is amazing. I'm not a huge anime person anime person and I loved it.
Storyline was a bit difficult for me to follow though. and there aren't that many episodes.......
Anyways, you should watch it.
Last episode was so sad.
Darker than Black is amazing, the story is a bit difficult to follow for the first couple of episodes, but i started to get it. last episode is sad, i hope that they dub the other season.

20-30 episodes is good enough for most anime though. with the exception of a few, an anime dragging on for 100s of episodes isnt always good :urg:

especially those who have too much bad filler that arent really even an episode about anything, just clips from previous episodes and characters talking.(im looking at you Naruto)

Top Bottom