• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
My two cents on your vid:

Your first stock, you looked so stiff and took so much unnecessary damage because it looked like you were satisfied with not moving to much. Zelda is a very linear character so when he was knocking you around, you became really predictable with landing. Also, it is obvious that you do not understand how Yoshi works since you seemed a tad overwhelmed with Yoshi running circles around ya. It got better as the match went on and you were also fortunate he SDed because you were at quite a disadvantage beforehand.

2nd stock: You loosened up and started to read and react with what he was doing so things became a lot more even, which is really how the MU is kinda. He's not the type to camp ya is he?

Pretty much the same critique for your final stock with a really neat finish. I'd say never use FW as an attack, even if you think he/she will never see it coming. You'd get severely punished in the future. Honestly, keep working on your reads and maybe even watch vids of other characters to learn how some of them work so you know what they can do at anytime. Not bad but you do have things to work on as a player when it comes to making your reads and knowing what to do at any time. Sorry if I was kinda straightforward but I never really critique much, kinda wanna help out around here lol.

PEACE7

Smash Champion
I love critiques like this thanks a lot bro I don't main Zelda I just recently started using her for a low tier main ill be uploading a better match of me working on my reads and stuff later on.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Oh I see. I had no idea it gets so cold there.

It just makes me realise how much I complain about the cold here... and it's not even cold.

"omfg 28 degrees celcius?! I'm so cold!!"

lol
TBH, it usually doesn't. It not the first time we've had the temperature drop under -30 celsius, but it certainly doesn't happen every year or anything.

And 28 degrees celsius is way too hot.

lmao
I wish I lived where you lived. Canada is cold as **** too......
Oh yeah, isn't it even colder there than it is here? Didn't you get something like -40 celsius last winter?

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Oh yeah, isn't it even colder there than it is here? Didn't you get something like -40 celsius last winter?
I believe it was -52 Celsius D:
I almost died.

I don't know about the overall winter temps of Canada and Finland though. I'm sure at least some parts of Canada are colder, and some are warmer lol

EDIT: Just checked, last year in my area of Canada at one point it was actually -46 below zero. -58 with wind chill. Oh god.

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
Hey I'm back!!

Thanks for wishing me luck and for the sparkles!!! :awesome:

I guess it won't be hard to believe I was the ONLY Zelda at SMX XI... But everyone I played with said my Zelda was great and that makes me happy :)

Anyway I know there are always more things to learn and master so to keep working on everything!

And I think it wasn't bad for being my first National :)

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Hey I'm back!!

Thanks for wishing me luck and for the sparkles!!! :awesome:

I guess it won't be hard to believe I was the ONLY Zelda at SMX XI... But everyone I played with said my Zelda was great and that makes me happy :)

Anyway I know there are always more things to learn and master so to keep working on everything!

And I think it wasn't bad for being my first National :)
what place did you come in? lol

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
He did it out of pools.
I don't remember who he lost against in winners, but in losers he won against a sucky MK (FK YEAH) and lost against an amazing Diddy.
He got 17th or something, but he was did amazing.

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
I remember they told me it was 13th, but I'm not sure, I'm getting all the bracket info probably tomorrow so I can give details :)

@kyokoro: pepena xD

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I remember they told me it was 13th, but I'm not sure, I'm getting all the bracket info probably tomorrow so I can give details :)

@kyokoro: pepena xD

La nueva palabra era flan xD

yeah, I think is 13th
he's Alan, btw

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
Cool! you got it faster than me xD

And I lost to another Diddy in winners =_=

The worst part is that I never felt unconfortable with that MU... well whatever, as I said before I'll keep practicing!

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
EDIT: Just checked, last year in my area of Canada at one point it was actually -46 below zero. -58 with wind chill. Oh god.
Now that just ridiculous. I hope it never gets that cold in here.

Congrats on your tourney placing. Next up the top ten, right?

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=295100

^ Everybody do this. Madd easy and for charity. :)
Wow, that's pretty cool idea.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
After winning some matches I didn't think I would with Zelda at Oh Snap, I'm thinking of picking her up once again for fun and to see if I can enjoy myself playing Brawl by using her.

Looking back at those matches, I tended to stay mobile in the air and just attempt LKs a few times, but mostly just move around with Nairs, and empty SHs with the intent to sneak in and get a surprise Up Smash or Utilt. I also found myself not using a lot of Fsmash, but that could have been because I was fighting characters that hung in the air a lot. Anything else I could do?

And I don't think I got any of those matches recorded, so I don't have anything to directly look at -_-

Shadow01192

Smash Rookie
lol, wow just wow. I've been a Zelda/Sheik player since melee and all I can say about this thread is wow. I picked up brawl started with zelda and she has been my main since. I am trying to get into competitive play the past few months so right now I am working on getting better so seeing there is a thread dedicated to zelda really makes me happy. If there are any pointer or places you guys would suggest I go please do feel free to tell me, I am new here so I'm still learning by way around the boards.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Hello :awesome: This entire board is for zelda, so you'll see a lot of threads on stuff but things might be a bit outdated.

Wii hope you stick around :chuckle:

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Welcome =D

If you have any questions they are welcome here, or in any thread that you think pertains to that subject and myself or one of the other Zelda's will do their best to answer for you.

Shadow01192

Smash Rookie
Thanks a lot. I'll try not to act too scrubbish, I did note the entire board here is for zelda but OP was just. . .I'm not quite sure how to sum up the emotion seeing op gives. I do have to ask about rule 1 though, do I have to love twilight?

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
It's hard to post while tracking two liveblogs and one live webcast covering Nintendo's 3DS events in US and Europe. :(

Welcome Sonic Storm and Shadow01192!

my birthday is in 4 days.

YAY ME?
Happy birthday!
Unless if my math is wrong, in which case I've just failed.

http://yvettesbridalformal.com/

^This site was voted best design of 2011 so far. I think it's so innovative!
That site would make an amazing example when teaching someone web designing.
"Designing websites is actually very easy. Just do everything different than on this site!"

If there are any pointer or places you guys would suggest I go please do feel free to tell me, I am new here so I'm still learning by way around the boards.
The directory is your best friend. (Link here)
Other than that, just look around and you'll surely come across something interesting eventually =)

AyatoK26

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kaminakid
Is anyone here going to Pound 5? I'm still deciding if I should go and if I should go all Zelda or Zelda and another secondary.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Is anyone here going to Pound 5? I'm still deciding if I should go and if I should go all Zelda or Zelda and another secondary.
I'm trying to go but at this point it's really unlikely unless something drastic happens. I really want to go so bad!

Who are you're secondaries? If I'm there, I'm bringing my Zelda/Sheik in full force.

Top Bottom