• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I think it's funny that Texas-Utah have never been at the same tournament. Only people I ever got to play from Texas were a couple guys from El-Paso.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I think x and some of utah is going to mlg dallas. WHOBO3 is definitely on my personal list as well.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
my god are we all broke here? D:
Hey wait, you're in Cleveland.

I'm in Oberlin.

That's less than an hour away.

HINT HINT.

Also I went to a smashfest today for the first time in over a year... and I tried to play with Zelda but got frustrated. Played Pikachu and I just... what.

Why in the hell did I ever play Zelda?

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
lol^

Yeah I think I'm dropping Zelda for good now, I have little to no motivation to use her/practice with her. Plus I have like 5 other characters that I have to deal with haha

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Hey wait, you're in Cleveland.

I'm in Oberlin.

That's less than an hour away.

HINT HINT.

Also I went to a smashfest today for the first time in over a year... and I tried to play with Zelda but got frustrated. Played Pikachu and I just... what.

Don't usually have too much trouble with Pikachus when using Zelda. What did Pika give you a hard time with the most?

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
... I think that even if I TRIED reading through all the posts on this thread, I would never be able to. xD
I've done that... it's not so interesting. It's also nothing compared to trying to read through the entire Pika social discussion, those guys spam post like there's no tomorrow.

Poasting because this title is freaking great.
Many have said that.

My guesses would be:

1. You liked her as a video game character
  2. You liked her playstyle
  3. You found it boring to play with a high tier character
  4. You were so good compared to everyone else you felt you needed to handicap yourself
  5. You were a masochist
  6. You made a promise/bet to play her
How close was I?

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/bionicstream

Viridian City 8 Stream

Currently on Doubles. So far in dubs Riot is teaming with Bizkit. They beat Cable/Ksizzle 2-1 and than on the stream beat Allied and KiraFlax 2-1.

Riot is a beast.

New England has been pushing for Riot to be on live stream a lot and Alex made sure to deliver with they next time they played AFTER Cable/Ksizzle. So he may be up some more.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Don't usually have too much trouble with Pikachus when using Zelda. What did Pika give you a hard time with the most?
Oh no, I mean I actually used Pikachu and I felt like I drank a bottle of Skill. :p

My guesses would be:

1. You liked her as a video game character
  2. You liked her playstyle
  3. You found it boring to play with a high tier character
  4. You were so good compared to everyone else you felt you needed to handicap yourself
  5. You were a masochist
  6. You made a promise/bet to play her
How close was I?
Very close indeed. :)

Or maybe because she has dat booty. ;D

Zelda has curves. xD
My best friend loves when I use Zelda because of stuff like this. We've basically decided that she's an Italian gangster...

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Viridian City 8

Riot
Ohhh my god, so if I had gone like I was supposed to, I would've met him???

Now I'm even more upset that I couldn't go. :mad:

Oh no, I mean I actually used Pikachu and I felt like I drank a bottle of Skill. :p
You've seen the light, my friend.

Pikachu's fun.

One of these days I'll use him again, right Kaylo? xD
Some people just can't handle such an amazing character! It's okay, Mocha, I understand. :upsidedown:

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
lol me and cable got taken out of winners and losers by riot and bizkit. lmao i think zelda counters ksizzle. lost to my brothers zelda at my frist tourney, lost to zelda 3 times in doubles in the span of 2 months, etc.

ZELDA!!!!! :(

but riot is good as ****

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
lol thanks guys. ^_^

Doubles is totally my thing, but I am going to start thinking about singles again soon, so watch out!
You did really good man good job repping Zelda even if it was just dubz it was great seeing you do good with her. You shouldn't of lost to Vex though man. We're you nervous or something ? A lot of your punishes where just off.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Speaking on behalf of Riot without any permission at all.

GaW is stupid. Hella stupid.

Pretty sure his losses were to Vex(GaW first round) and Penta(GaW main). Which if I remember is a pretty tough match up, right?

Does Vex play KayLo!? He seemed really comfortable in the match up surprisingly.

And yeah, Riot has a terrible mindset for Singles. He's so comfortable with his support tank roll in Doubles that he adjusts really poorly and stopped entering singles in NE for a really long time cause he could make money in Dubs and not singles, and he is a college student after all.

No johns though. He needs to step up that singles game now.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure you can beat zelda with gay n watch regardless of MU exp.......he was born to **** Zelda.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
I'm pretty sure you can beat zelda with gay n watch regardless of MU exp.......he was born to **** Zelda.
A dsmash thats faster than all of his ground moves except jab.
A dtilt that clanks with all of his ground moves except usmash.
A ftilt that can beat out his bair.
An usmash/utilt that can beat/trade with the majority of his aerials.

Yeah that G&W has sooo many thinks on Zelda the **** is so massive. Got **** why does he have to have so much stuff that just poops all over Zelda. Mangz it's almost like Zelda da worst.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
I knew something was wrong when I tried to time my Nayru's invincibility frames against that uptilt I knew was coming against his snake... I was just tired so I wasn't playing my best, no biggie though since I was not expecting to do well. 4 hours of sleep and drinking the night before a tournament... never again!

On that note, I don't think he expected my Zelda to get that close to beating his Snake. But I honestly though I was going to win that matchup after the comeback I had after my first stock lol.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
A dsmash thats faster than all of his ground moves except jab.
A dtilt that clanks with all of his ground moves except usmash.
A ftilt that can beat out his bair.
An usmash/utilt that can beat/trade with the majority of his aerials.

Yeah that G&W has sooo many thinks on Zelda the **** is so massive. Got **** why does he have to have so much stuff that just poops all over Zelda. Mangz it's almost like Zelda da worst.
1) Unfortunately GnWs Dsmash does clank with ours even though ours is faster. His hammers just need to be out and no matter what our Dsmash will clash with his. And once you get pushed farther away his Fsmash is quicker than ours. So our fast Dsmash doesn't amount to much.

2) Dtilt gets massively out ranged by most of his moves.

3) That's unrealistic to consistently do that. And once you do it once or twice her will either bait it and jump above you and dair, or bait it and fair you.

4) That's just wrong, I don't know where you got that from but that just isn't the case in the least. Trading anything of GnWs with Zelda's upsmash is bad for Zelda, and uptilt is too slow to hit him with unless you predict him perfectly.

5) He also kills us a lot sooner than we can kill him with his bucket breaking.

This isn't for all GnWs though. I have played my share of bad ones and this stuff can work. But against good GnWs it is a terribly tough matchup.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
I knew something was wrong when I tried to time my Nayru's invincibility frames against that uptilt I knew was coming against his snake... I was just tired so I wasn't playing my best, no biggie though since I was not expecting to do well. 4 hours of sleep and drinking the night before a tournament... never again!

On that note, I don't think he expected my Zelda to get that close to beating his Snake. But I honestly though I was going to win that matchup after the comeback I had after my first stock lol.
That come back was so vicious. It's like he steam rolled you the first stock taking like 13 damage. Then for whatever reason you decided to open your eyes put your hands on the controller and actually play. It was nothing short of amazing man. I wish you would of pulled the comeback but snack Utilt is freaking broken. It really shouldn't hit from that far away.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Gdub shuts down Zelda with one move. Although to be perfectly honest, that's the way Gdub functions against the bottom of the cast.

After that, he can just fish for kill moves and it's game over.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Fighting games are about zoning and spacing, things G&W can do with relative ease to Zelda while remaining completely safe.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Fighting games are about zoning and spacing, things G&W can do with relative ease to Zelda while remaining completely safe.
Can you go into deal how he zones her with relative ease? Zelda dtilt clashes with 95% of his ground moves and her dsmashes beats out 95% of his ground move. Zelda can trade with his diar with usmash uair and utilt. She can also beat out bair with up angled ftilt and shield grab his bair. She covers a lot of his options. So please go into detail instead of making generic statements.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Can you go into deal how he zones her with relative ease? Zelda dtilt clashes with 95% of his ground moves and her dsmashes beats out 95% of his ground move. Zelda can trade with his diar with usmash uair and utilt. She can also beat out bair with up angled ftilt and shield grab his bair. She covers a lot of his options. So please go into detail instead of making generic statements.

If G&W retreats after hitting Zeldas shield with bair.....he can't be punished. If he spaces fair properly on her shield.....he can't be punished. If G&W hits you with any of the hits of his bair.....Zelda is popped up into the air. G&W DESTROYS Zelda when she is above him. His uair alone makes this matchup terrible for her forcing her into positions where he wants her and she can't do anything about it. Her mobility is terrible and G&W can run circles around her.

Ftilt is not reliable for stopping bair....actually try to do that on a consistent basis and you'll maybe do it 2/10 times if you're lucky. I'm not sure whether or not his dtilt outranges Zelda but it's insanely difficult to punish. His smashes also kill Zelda around 70 if charged which they usually will be.

You should i dunno......try playing the matchup sometime?

Top Bottom