• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
The chandelier one is magnificent. It's going to be amazing. Also I like ninetales now with its dreamworld ability. SOOOO GOOD! I'm really interested in the ice cream pokemon as well but it's shaping up to be pretty useless from what I've read about it.

The genies are also a reeeally cool design aspect imo and they really remind me of suicune/the other 2 wolf dog things in gold/silver.

Arbok's and Weezing's evolutions never happened :( :mad:

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Ive never owned a pokemon game

*cries*

I blame it on parents who hate video games. They only let me get a wii cus they thought it was an "active console". Jokes on them ;__;

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
The chandelier one is magnificent. It's going to be amazing. Also I like ninetales now with its dreamworld ability. SOOOO GOOD! I'm really interested in the ice cream pokemon as well but it's shaping up to be pretty useless from what I've read about it.

The genies are also a reeeally cool design aspect imo and they really remind me of suicune/the other 2 wolf dog things in gold/silver.

Arbok's and Weezing's evolutions never happened :( :mad:
Why is the chandelier pokemon supposed to be so good? I just think he looks cool.

I SO want the icecream pokemon to be good :(

I liked flash fire on ninetales since it game her a free switch in on fire moves plus a boost for doing so. AND since she was the only fire pokemon who could learn energyball she doesn't NEED drought as much as some other fire types who can only use solarbeam to get grass type attacks.

It's still awesome on her and I love it, but other pokemon needed it just a little more.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Why is the chandelier pokemon supposed to be so good? I just think he looks cool.
I dunno, maybe the HUGE 145 base stat of his?

Of course, there's no real way to tell whether or not it'll be good at all in the current metagame. We'd just be going on theorycraft.

I liked flash fire on ninetales since it game her a free switch in on fire moves plus a boost for doing so. AND since she was the only fire pokemon who could learn energyball she doesn't NEED drought as much as some other fire types who can only use solarbeam to get grass type attacks.
Drought is one of the most broken abilities in the game. Ninetails sucks without it.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I dunno, maybe the HUGE 145 base stat of his?

Of course, there's no real way to tell whether or not it'll be good at all in the current metagame. We'd just be going on theorycraft.
Oh I saw that. His move pool just looked a tad shallow to me.
Granted, STAB ghost/fire combo should offensively hit pretty hard. He had DECENT speed at least didn't he?

Then again, as shallow as his movepool is, he can grab flamethrower, shadow ball and energy ball and that really DOES round him out pretty well.

I suppose it's a good thing that PURGATORY isn't super accurate, or the combinmation of PURGATORY and EVIL EYE on him would be insane.

Drought is one of the most broken abilities in the game. Ninetails sucks without it.
Like I said, I know very well that it makes ninetales better. I just can't help but think that there are some poor other fire pokemon who drought would boost more. Then again . . . put on one of those "worse" pokemon, it may be a waste. Like Air Lock on golduck.

I guess my thoughts went straight to HOUNDOOM. With a high special attack, but no axcess to energyball, houndoom needs solarbeam to give her a well rounded skillset. Drought would have been SO AMAZING on her.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Nintendo doesn't think. They could have given Drought to Sudowoodo and that would have made sense to them.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Nintendo doesn't think. They could have given Drought to Sudowoodo and that would have made sense to them.
True. They made STEALTH ROCK exist, and did nothing to correct it this generation, and so I know they do not have a smart bone in their body.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Me and a couple of my friends had a conversation about being to old to play Pokemon. We jokingly said that anyone of a certain age playing Pokemon is automatically classified as a pedophile.

I think I may have said a bit too much.....I'll leave out the details, although anyone with half a brain can figure out the reasoning. It was quite a discussion, though.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
oh zeldspazz gettin some or wat? yea poggeymanz is coo i just lost interest in it the last couple of years

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
I think the Fire/Ghost's dreamworld ability, Shadow Tag, is probably the main reason that makes this thing so good. Calm Mind behind some subs while the opponent can't switch if it's locked into a move. Actually, this thing makes a pretty good Infernape counter, even with Flash Fire as its ability.

And Bobby, not many Ice types this new generation, though I like how they made an Ice/Dragon. I lol'd at Abomasnow's dreamworld ability: Soundproof. Woot xD

I'm actually looking forward to a lot of the new pokies in BW, and also think it's going to be the generation with my favorite grass types. Also, Chillarmy is <33

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Noooo, not an Infernape counter! ;______;

He's my favorite lead. Or was in DPPt at least...... I usually rotated between him and Bronzong.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Actually a lot of the new stuff is slow enough for Trick Room usage. I was hoping for a hold item that increases the turns of Trick Room, like they have for the weather and screens.

Was disappointed at lack of new eevee-lution. Oh well ;o

MrEh

Smash Hero
Too bad Trick Room still sucks. Having more candidates for it is nice, but the problem with Trick Room is that the move itself is too flawed to work well. It lasts still only 4 turns, 3 turns if you switch out. :(

And this is coming from the guy who loves Trick Room teams. lol

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I love Trick Room. <3 could never get a solid team around it though. I also failed pretty hard at making a working Hail team. :(

I didn't get into Pokemon thaaaat seriously tho..... mainly ****ed around with teams centered around Venusaur. =X

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Too bad Trick Room still sucks. Having more candidates for it is nice, but the problem with Trick Room is that the move itself is too flawed to work well. It lasts still only 4 turns, 3 turns if you switch out. :(

And this is coming from the guy who loves Trick Room teams. lol
Butbut Rampardos... xD

Trick Room is fun, and gimmicky at best. Hail is incredibly hard to make a team around (Bobby knows this). Ice just sucks so much defensively that you're going to find yourself using more non-ice types than ice types in Hail lol

Rain Dance, Sunny Day, and some Sandstorm is possibly going to be pretty dominant next generation. I can't believe how much better Lightning Rod and Storm Drain got. In teams, it's going to be so ****. Oh Gyarados...

MrEh

Smash Hero
It's hard to make a good Trick Room and Hail team when the concept just doesn't work period. Trick Room doesn't last long enough and too many things can go wrong with Hail, especially now that weather is going to be running around everywhere.

From my own experiences, making a team entirely based around Trick Room just doesn't work since too many of your Pokemon become dead-weight when you don't have Trick Room up. From a neutral position, you lack a lot of options. If anything, I just build my teams like normal and have 1 or 2 Pokemon designed to **** during Trick Room. Do more with less. Nowadays, I only use 1. The rest of my team is designed so that they can function perfectly fine in Trick Room absence, but are not hindered when Trick Room actually gets put up. (Torkoal, Tyranitar, etc.) These Pokemon are also useful for forcing switches, since they wall certain types of Pokemon. I think that's very important with Trick Room teams, since even if you get Trick Room set up and you get your sweeper out safely, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to kill something. Your opponent can just switch into a wall and laugh as you've wasted your setup. Forcing your opponent to switch a lot is good, not only because you have rocks set up (you better have rocks set up...) but it allows you to scout your opponents team. If you know that your opponent has nothing to stop your sweeper, then it makes those 3 of Trick Room worthwhile. 2 of my favorite Pokemon to use during Trick Room are pretty fun.

Rampardos
Brave
Life Orb/Choice Band
252 Atk / 252 HP / 0 Spe IV
~Head Smash
~Earthquake
~Pursuit (only with Life Orb)
~WHATEVER

Idea is simple. If you've scouted correctly and you know what your opponent has left, then Head Smash everything you see. If you don't know what your opponent has left, then Head Smash everything you see anyway. Pray and you don't miss. Pursuit is just there if you're using a Life Orb and you want to revenge kill whatever killed your Trick Room-er.

Camerupt
Quiet
Life Orb
252 Atk / 252 Sp. Atk / 0 Spe IV
~Eruption
~Earthquake
~Explosion
~Fire Blast

Sort of a funny setup involving a Heatproof Bronzong using Sunny Day and then Trick Room. Afterwards, you just blast your opponent as hard as possible. Scout early to see if they have Heatran or not, and then just keep swinging. Go out with Explosion on your last turn, unless you know you can kill them with something else guaranteed. Fire Blast is there just in case you actually get weak enough to the point where Eruption isn't worth it.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
That’s why I think they should make a hold item that increases the amount of turns Trick Room can last, as they’ve made for the weather and screens. And I remember fighting an old Trick Room team of yours. You held on pretty well, considering you were fighting an OU team. Back then though you were using Xatu to set up Trick Room. Unless you’re going for the gimmicky fun, Bronzong is a lot more viable to set it up but you already know that xD

The only thing I don’t like about Head Smash is that it’s not 100% accurate, and Rampardos is one of those Pokemon that cannot afford to miss while he’s ******. I feel the same about Sky Uppercut and High Jump Kick on Blaziken (btw High Jump Kick is now 130 power lol)

Also, the nice thing about your Tyranitar with Camerupt is that Sandstorm doesn’t mess with Camerupt’s HP, which needs to be full for max damage on Eruption. Nice insight on your part.

MrEh

Smash Hero
That’s why I think they should make a hold item that increases the amount of turns Trick Room can last, as they’ve made for the weather and screens. And I remember fighting an old Trick Room team of yours. You held on pretty well, considering you were fighting an OU team. Back then though you were using Xatu to set up Trick Room. Unless you’re going for the gimmicky fun, Bronzong is a lot more viable to set it up but you already know that xD

Also, the nice thing about your Tyranitar with Camerupt is that Sandstorm doesn’t mess with Camerupt’s HP, which needs to be full for max damage on Eruption. Nice insight on your part.
A hold item that increases Trick Room duration would be pretty funny, and definitely useful. +3 turns essentially doubles the duration of Trick Room.

And yeah, I was using Xatu back then. I still have that Xatu, it's one of my old favorites. I use Bronzong when it's time to get serious though.

And yeah, it's nice that Sandstorm doesn't mess with Camerupt and Rampardos. Hooray for typing!

St4ticFir3

Smash Cadet
Sup all, new to the boards and fairly new to brawl. I hear I play a decent Zelda but it was recommended I come check out the community to up my game.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Sup all, new to the boards and fairly new to brawl. I hear I play a decent Zelda but it was recommended I come check out the community to up my game.
Hello and welcome to the Z boards!

This thread where your post got moved to is our social. Here you can (and should) talk about pretty much anything as long as it doesn't break the global rules of SWF. Also, if you have any questions or are unsure about something you can always ask here and somebody will surely answer. In case your question conserns the management of this board or you don't want to post it for all to see you can also send it directly to our moderator Kataefi (often referred to as Kata or Kat).

Other important place is our Q&A/Directory, where you can ask questions related to Brawl Zelda and find links to all the most important threads we have. If you're interested in improving your Zelda game I'd suggest looking especially into the threads listed under "Research" category. You can find the thread right here:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=208194

Or, if you'd like to get your Zelda critiqued by others who play her (i.e. us), you can always post videos of yourself playing to the video thread:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=266165

I think that covers the most important things. Feel free to look around and post your thoughts and get to know everybody. Hopefully you'll like it here!

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Hi Zelda's what has been going on lately?

i finally have a laptop, so i can come by more often again :3

too bad it still doesn't help me do my design homework due to lacking photoshop....

Top Bottom