• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

Aibou

Smash Master
Then why would she be so high while separated from Sheik? (and higher than Sheik for that matter)

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
You also have to consider that -- iirc -- Japan doesn't play for money...... not saying they don't try or that their players aren't good (because as we saw at Apex, they definitely have legit talent), but it probably has an effect on their overall metagame.

They also play on a very limited stage set and with slightly different rules. Everything combined probably affects which characters are more/less viable over there.

They might even structure their tier list based on different criteria for all we know.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
You also have to consider that -- iirc -- Japan doesn't play for money...... not saying they don't try or that their players aren't good (because as we saw at Apex, they definitely have legit talent), but it probably has an effect on their overall metagame.
This was my thought exactly. If they're not playing for money then there is no absolute need to use MK/Snake etc.

If our top players used different characters I bet our list would be slightly altered.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Japan may not play for money, but their snakes, falco's, pits, and warios are some of the campiest players this game has ever seen. I remember watching a Falco vs Snake match where both players sat on opposite ends of FD and camped for about 6 minutes.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Is disagree your favorite word?
Na I just so happen to disagree with a lot of things that people say.

Japan may not play for money, but their snakes, falco's, pits, and warios are some of the campiest players this game has ever seen. I remember watching a Falco vs Snake match where both players sat on opposite ends of FD and camped for about 6 minutes.
UM I saw that match also I think they were just playing like that. It's pretty funny people say Japan is campy people say Japan is aggro. Japan is just good. But it's whatever though.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Na I just so happen to disagree with a lot of things that people say.

UM I saw that match also I think they were just playing like that. It's pretty funny people say Japan is campy people say Japan is aggro. Japan is just good. But it's whatever though.
Besides that specific example, i've seen plenty of matches where i could not believe the amount of gay that was being shown.

N why do people like you like to dickride other countries? never got that. AMerica all day *****es!!

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Besides that specific example, i've seen plenty of matches where i could not believe the amount of gay that was being shown.

N why do people like you like to dickride other countries? never got that. AMerica all day *****es!!
**** ride other countries? whattttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttever.

Aibou

Smash Master

They also play on a very limited stage set and with slightly different rules. Everything combined probably affects which characters are more/less viable over there.

They might even structure their tier list based on different criteria for all we know.
True, but I still wish I knew who repped Zelda out there aside from Earth lol.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Funny how I now main the second worst character and the second best character in the game...

And if anyone happens to come across any good Japanese Zelda vids, link them up. I'm very interested to know what makes them so different in their play style from ours. Being 'campy' isn't good enough. There must be more

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Funny how I now main the second worst character and the second best character in the game...

And if anyone happens to come across any good Japanese Zelda vids, link them up. I'm very interested to know what makes them so different in their play style from ours. Being 'campy' isn't good enough. There must be more
I'm full Japanese. Does that count? :p

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
I'm full Japanese. Does that count? :p
Sorta xD

But seriously though, I saw a couple of videos. I honestly didn't see much difference. Maybe I'm not looking at the right Zeldas, but meh, I beg to differ. I understand Japan has a different ruleset than us, and from what I hear, the stage maps are a huge part of it. This implies that Zelda does better on neutrals than any other stage, but I'm sure some of us can disagree. I don't care much for Yoshi's Island, regardless of knowing how to deal with the walls now.

Also...
you and Chad need to come back to the xat D: Gotta catch up on those Pokemanz too!

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
So what Pokemon B/W poke is everyone most excited for?

I personally can't wait for the new Ghost/Fire types:

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Chillarmy, the friggin' ****** deer, and Zoroark.
<333~
I am actually VERY excited for Chillarmy and his evolution . . . mainly because of this:

Skill link or Technician+
Sweep Slap
Bullet Seed
Rock Blast
And that deer looks sweet too with Wood Horn

I was actually kinda dissapointed with the way that final evolution looked

SIDE NOTE. Is it my imagination, or are there a lot of BUG type pokemon in this generation?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Oh no, no, no.
See, I didn't jump on the Chillarmy bandwagon because it evolves, has technician, or anything competitive aspect like that.

I love Chillarmy because it's god**** adorable.
I loved it before it was cool to love it. :(

And the deer is just a boss. Look at the swag it conveys during the winter season.
My god, it's as if Bambi and the King where combined at the end of Bambi, and THEN their balls dropped.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Oh no, no, no.
See, I didn't jump on the Chillarmy bandwagon because it evolves, has technician, or anything competitive aspect like that.

I love Chillarmy because it's god**** adorable.
I loved it before it was cool to love it. :(
are you saying that you DON'T like its evolution? Or that it's evolution isn't PRETTY?

<_<

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Oh no. I fell in love with the evolution.
I just remember liking it before it had one.

And now that it does, everyone's all over it.
;-;

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Chillarmy and Wargle are the only two I really like.... not playing this gen, sooo~ I go off looks alone.
I go off looks too, and I think most Pokemon in this generation look amazing or funny.
So I'm totally buying it.

...but I hate Wargle. :p

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Wargle's the Bald Eagle's younger, mentally challenged brother.
The color scheme is kinda rad, though.

The Deer is still my fav.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Vaporeon is amazing. Definitely my favorite. Jolteon is cool too.

The rest kinda suck.

Top Bottom