• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus Tournament Placings Thread (NO LONGER UPDATING)

risemix

Smash Apprentice
I'd agree with you if we were talking about Brawl+, but in Brawl, ZSS has too many weaknesses, viz. being above opponents/approaching characters with good horizontal stage control to be that high up. She's certainly better than people are giving her credit for, but I can't see her getting much higher than high tier.
I think what you mean is:

"She's certainly much better than the SBR is giving her credit for."

People usually know how good she is. The SBR doesn't have people in it, though, silly. They have robots.

Yeah.

That's it.

canthandletheSpeculosity

Smash Journeyman
Yea but there are some not-so-smart people out there who will believe what a list made by unknown people tells them. So in order to get THOSE people to believe we have get her on that list.

Imagine a world where people will actually complain about ZSS and not MK when seen in a tournament...:grin:

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
That's the thing, though. She can do well. It just requires a lot more ingenuity and improvisation on the player's part to work around her weaknesses. That's not really what determines tier list placement, though. Tier list placement is about tournament viability, and ZSS can really only do well if her player is consistently creative and can keep their opponent out of their head. That's the makings of a high tier character, but not top.

Snakeee

Smash Master
She's a really unbalanced character. She has some glaring weaknesses, yet has some features that are pretty extraordinary considering what is usually feasible in this game. Most of her weaknesses can be made up for, but others I find really hard to get around. Her strengths can maybe more than make up for them though in most match ups. She's definitely above average.

Spec, I really think you're overrating her though, 2nd is a bit much sadly

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
I think what you mean is:

"She's certainly much better than the SBR is giving her credit for."

People usually know how good she is. The SBR doesn't have people in it, though, silly. They have robots.

Yeah.

That's it.
The SBR isn't composed of Robots, wtf.

We are all a single robot.

We're the Smash Back Robot.

Updating time!!

EDIT: Updated! There's already a heated battle for Spring '09 first place!

Snakeee

Smash Master
I used ZSS and Sheik about the same amount at this......hey put away those paralyzers X_X

Snakeee - NYC 3/14 Anime Spring Fest - 3/32 - $10 entry - $48 payout (split between 2nd and 3rd)

SSBB Results
Doubles

1: Skeet Skeet v2.0 (Blackanese, Snakeee) ($112.00)
2: Take em Away (Wes, Dire) ($48.00)
3: dTails (dMT, JTails)
4: Hands Off Our Tornado (Sinos, Chaos Marth)
5: Scandanavian Kangaroos (DJ Nintendo, Basic Sausage)
5: Formal Beating (P4L. Sintros)
7: HelpR & Rek (HelpR, Rek)
7: Arrancar and Guru (Arrancar, Guru)
9: Crab People (PK Bob, Mage)
9: Deki Haze (KillSage, Haze)
9: Eli and Saverio
9: Reese and Hezy (Reese, Hezn)
13: You're Too Slow (Johnathan, Nape)
13: Crabs on The Beach
13: Pepsi & Coke (Penta, Pepsi)
13: Crab Battle

Singles

1: ADHD ($224.00) - Diddy
2: NinjaLink ($96.00) - ROB, Luigi,...lemme know who else you used..
3: Snakeee - Sheik and ZSS mostly...some Zelda
4: D1 - Falco, MK, anyone else?
5: Rookie - Fox
5: Blackanese - Snake
7: Drk.Pch - Peach
7: Wes - Sonic, ZSS
9: JTails
9: Penta
9: Basic Sausage
9: GFE
13: Chaos Marth
13: Cinos
13: KillSage
13: Johnathan
17: 4Tai
17: Guru
17: Eli
17: Nape
17: Haze
17: Arrancar18
17: Whit
17: Kata
25: MCSky
25: Seeds
25: VivaLaSaturn
25: Will
25: KS136
25: Saverio
25: SmashBot
25: Phresh

TheRockSays

Smash Journeyman
I'm P4L with Sintros we got 5th places good sh!!t snakeee nice games i think me and sintros had the first match one but he started chocking xD we will get you next time can i be in the ranks now xD? i got 5th in doubles. Sintros played only Ike and i played ZSS and kirby 50:50.

Snakeee

Smash Master
I'm P4L with Sintros we got 5th places good sh!!t snakeee nice games i think me and sintros had the first match one but he started chocking xD we will get you next time can i be in the ranks now xD? i got 5th in doubles. Sintros played only Ike and i played ZSS and kirby 50:50.
Lol all this time I didn't realize who you were :laugh:

Yeah you guys did pretty well that one game..I don't know if you "had" it haha sorry to be a jerk :p

Anyway, they aren't ranking this with doubles placings sadly.

TheRockSays

Smash Journeyman
I believe ZSS is top 10.

BTW, i find it hard to KO lucario.
This true But what lucarios want you to do is user your side b alot i just jab use the First jab,and the down tilt alot let my partner hit him from behind but if i had to ko on him after weakening him i would kill him with the down b( not the first frame spike) by surprise thats how i killed Arrancar18 in BattleField.

No doubt now i really find hard to KO Diddy Kong i was playing NinjaLink(yet i should of picked luigi but i was like what the heck let me use ZSS) I didnt feel to bad snakeee lost to ninjalink 2. i think he 2 stocked my kirby and ZSS. I don't like relying on Luigi that much I see Diddy Kong as a bigger threat then Lucario.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
I'll give this an update for the past two weeks once I get my charger back for my laptop...they fixed my laptop, but forgot to send back the charger ;_;

for now...

[March] Dazwa: Brawl 'Til You Fall 7/100 - $10

Snakeee

Smash Master
My region is too good. Even a small tourney is ridicously hard :(. Btw, my brother counters the crap out if me if you guys haven't heard/noticed. I'm happy with this placing though

Snakeee - S.W.R Event VI - 4/21 - $10 entry I split with my brother and got $25 if that counts lmao. I know we've been counting splits but we actually should just have it listed as the normal payouts tbh

S.W.R Event VI 4/4/09 Results
Singles:

1: M2k
2: Shadow
3: ADHD
4: Snakeee
5: Cat in the Hat
5: Inui
7: DMbrandon
7: Pierce
9: Kai
9: ksizzle
9: kEITARO
9: DaPuffster
13: Eazy
13: kID
13: Izumi
13: Yes
17: Blue
17: BlackWaltz
17: PRiDE
17: Clutch
17: Korobeniki

Here's the link: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=228839

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
NickRiddle - Davie, FL - Back to Basics Tournament 10 - 4/4/09 - 3/22 - $10 entry - $22 payout :(

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=225073

Results:

1. Seibrik - MK (I beat him in winners!)
2. Lambchops - Snake
3. Nick Riddle - ZSS
4. ESAM - Pikachu
5. Sonic Ghost/Master Raven - MK
5. MVD - Snake
7. Shaky - ???

I cannot believe I forgot to put this one.

NickRiddle - GIGABITS - A Smashing Good Brawl - 3/28/09 - 7/140 - $10 entry

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=228582

Singles(140 Entrants)

1. Seibrik (Metaknight)
2. CO18 (DDD/Wario)
3. TheReflexWonder (Pokemon Trainer/Wario/Lucas)
4. Hungrybox (DDD)
5. Gmoney (Wario/MK)
5. Petey (MK)
7. Lambchops (Snake)
7. Nick Riddle (ZSS)
9. GDX (Diddy Kong)
9. Biglou (Luigi)
9. SheerMadness (Kirby)
9. Mero (MK)
13. Basic Sausage (DDD/Diddy Kong)
13. Kismet2 (Falco)
13. Masky (Wario/Pikachu)
13. Chaz (Marth)
17. Zelda_Master_Timmy (Marth) (left early)
17. Fuct/DBS(Lucario/Wario)
17. wonderbread (MK)
17. mickey (Sonic)
17. SheikSSBM (Luigi)
17. zom~b (ROB)
17. serg (Bowser)
17. 8-bit (Snake/MK/Olimar)
25. radiX (Snake/MK)
25. Lio (Toon Link)
25. dewdadash (DDD)
25. Ryo (Ike)
25. Bonesaw (MK)
25. iRize (Wario)

Snakeee

Smash Master
4th? You bring shame and dishonor to our boards!
Lol, well are you doing better then?

My brother's at almost every tourney I'm at, and right now he's pretty much an auto-loss for me. I honestly have a much better chance at beating M2K than him. I don't get to practice against his Meta at all in friendlies, yet I'm using ZSS half the time so that's a good part of it :(. He's going to start giving me a little more Meta practice again though.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
My region is too good. Even a small tourney is ridicously hard :(. Btw, my brother counters the crap out if me if you guys haven't heard/noticed. I'm happy with this placing though

Snakeee - S.W.R Event VI - 4/21 - $10 entry I split with my brother and got $25 if that counts lmao. I know we've been counting splits but we actually should just have it listed as the normal payouts tbh

S.W.R Event VI 4/4/09 Results
Singles:

1: M2k
2: Shadow
3: ADHD
4: Snakeee
5: Cat in the Hat
5: Inui
7: DMbrandon
7: Pierce
9: Kai
9: ksizzle
9: kEITARO
9: DaPuffster
13: Eazy
13: kID
13: Izumi
13: Yes
17: Blue
17: BlackWaltz
17: PRiDE
17: Clutch
17: Korobeniki

Here's the link: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=228839
*shutter* at how ridiculous stacked that bracket is. almost everyone listed is good, except for inui

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
thread updated! requesting color choices of shlike, katalyst, JamesSparrow, FadedImage, Thiocyanide, Charby, and Holms.

Also any alternative suggestions for black ZSS would be great, because I can't get it to work on SWF at all >_>

I'll get you yet, NickRiddle!

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
thread updated! requesting color choices of shlike, katalyst, JamesSparrow, FadedImage, Thiocyanide, Charby, and Holms.

Also any alternative suggestions for black ZSS would be great, because I can't get it to work on SWF at all >_>

I'll get you yet, NickRiddle!
I hope so. I cannot go to tournaments for the next two weeks... Though I might be going to another huge one 4/25, so I'll catch up. ;)

I'll get you yet, Snakeee!

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
I've got no tournaments until two weeks from now, and the only future tournament I might attend may require me to beat Fatal, OBM, Darc, possibly Ally, and possibly KDJ to earn serious points

....;_;

EDIT: of course, then i see that small tournament snakeee attended, and my mission seems so much easier by comparison

thank you snakeee for inadvertently increasing my confidence for my upcoming tournament

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I dunno, honestly. Maybe light blue? lol

I'm gonna start doing well this season, mark mah werd.

Adapt

Smash Lord
I forgot to include my crappy placing on the 28th on marth

Adapt -Halifax, NS, Canada - Hands Off My Bread - 3/28/09 - 13/24 - $10 entry

I have some vids but they are kinda embarrassing even though I won them.

Snakeee

Smash Master
I've got no tournaments until two weeks from now, and the only future tournament I might attend may require me to beat Fatal, OBM, Darc, possibly Ally, and possibly KDJ to earn serious points

....;_;

EDIT: of course, then i see that small tournament snakeee attended, and my mission seems so much easier by comparison

thank you snakeee for inadvertently increasing my confidence for my upcoming tournament
What is that supposed to mean exactly? lol.

shlike

Smash Ace
Hey Daz I'll go with purple

I'm going to whobo this weekend so expect to see me placed in top 10 (LOL)

Zss may not be the best character, but she certainly is the most fun.

sasook

Smash Champion
Wow, this thread too? I see page 19, but then when I click it, it just takes me to page 18. How strange..

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
What is that supposed to mean exactly? lol.
lol i already explained it to you on aim, but so i don't look like a butt on the boards, I meant the level of difficulty you face (a constant stream of hard) vs the level of difficulty I face.

edit: adapt, adding your result right now

for some reason shlike seems like a cool dude. purple it is.

shlike

Smash Ace
lol i already explained it to you on aim, but so i don't look like a butt on the boards, I meant the level of difficulty you face (a constant stream of hard) vs the level of difficulty I face.

edit: adapt, adding your result right now

for some reason shlike seems like a cool dude. purple it is.
cool beans man

are you any of you dudes gonna head out to whobo???

Top Bottom