• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus Tournament Placings Thread (NO LONGER UPDATING)

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
can't make it, i'm attending SOLAR (new england melee friend)'s battle of the bands and will yell really loud. Hopefully there will be vids (of WHOBO and me yelling)

Snakeee

Smash Master
ZSS is already top tier........ of the Fox matchup....
No she's not actually. The d-smash can be easily avoided by Fox.

Anyway, I have 2 results

Not so great in this one, but me and Dmbrandon got first in teams :)
Snakeee - NYC PolyBrawl 2 - 7/64 - $10 entry

1: ADHD - Diddy
2: Anti -
3: Bum - DK
4: NinjaLink -
5: Zen - Wolf, Falco
5: Basic Sausage - Pit, Dedede
7: Snakeee - ZSS, Zelda/Sheik, Peach
7: Malcolm - Wario, Sonic
9: Shadow
9: Ether
9: Orion
9: dmbrandon
13: GFE
13: KSizzle
13: wes
13: BigM
17: Projo
17: Ray
17: Arrancar
17: Kai
17: D1
17: vanz
17: NinjaEd
17: JG Wetworth
25: Helpr
25: Cheese
25: SF 93
25: Ron
25: Nuke
25: Moo
25: GunBlade
25: Alex Strife
33: Crismas
33: Neon
33: Bebo
33: Red X
33: HippieDude
33: Pride
33: Drk. Pch
33: MyBalls
33: Kira
33: 007
33: JTails
33: Bil
33: Rek
33: SD Taco
33: Aizen
33: Doom
49: Johan
49: Penta
49: Jorg
49: Disco
49: ****
49: Spoon
49: Mini
49: Mage
49: PepsiMista
49: D3K
49: Overweight Cat
49: King's Nightmare
49: B Shaw
49: Pat
49: Sleep
49: Kazin

And the day before was:

Snakeee - Gauntlet Biweekly April 10th - 2/20 - $10 entry - $32 payout
too lazy to bring up the whole thing, but Bum got first.

Snakeee

Smash Master
I'm so jealous of your American tourney turnouts. It's something I can only dream of here in the land down under. But I placed in a small tourney, so I might as well post.

Zero - Sydney Can't Beat Novacastria - 12/04/09 - 7/16 - $15 entry, $165 payout
Heh, and that was just a local tourney.

Um, the payout is whatever YOU made...if you got $165 for 7th then I'm going down to Australia myself :laugh:
But, good to see some rep down there.

Zero

Smash Hero
Heh, and that was just a local tourney.

Um, the payout is whatever YOU made...if you got $165 for 7th then I'm going down to Australia myself :laugh:
But, good to see some rep down there.
Shoot, my mistake. Fixed. But coming to Australia isn't a bad idea. Bring a pro crew for an epic showdown. ^^

TheRockSays

Smash Journeyman
i won a tourney at BCC(Bronx Community College) the anime club there was holding it admission was free.

P4L~K/Kelvin/TheRockSays -BCC anime club - 1/48 - $0 entry.(ZSS Only)(prize 50 dollar gift Card O_o)
God-BCC anime club - 2/48 - $0 entry.(Kirby Only)(He won in streetfighter4 with zangief the cheese bucket)oh right-$25 gift card

dont remember the names of any1 else besides the last guy i hope they update their website soon. so i can give link.

The rules were mighty wack they did tournament mode, in brawl to create a brackets so one loss your out,their were 2 brackest one had 32 people and mine had 16. God won the first bracket forced suddendeath on King D3 and beat him there. I beat 2 great game and watches not the best but great,one cheating @** Snake and link. They Took advantage that i had to change to ZSS i could not press the R button. Key Winning move through out the whole tourney was flip kick(FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
and finally the brackets were done i had to face god i main kirby so i thought i had a great advantage he got me down to one and he stalled for suddendeath So i was pressuring him with the whips and he was stalling for the bombs, Were i had a perfectly timed flip kick For the Win!!! XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I did not like the rules but fact of the matter is ZSS FTW!!(i had assistance for the in game transformation some dude new how to transform and i don't a snake and link players took advantage of it and i still won!)

Rybaia

Smash Journeyman
Kamui Ryu - Smash in any case - 12/04/2009 - 2/36 - entry 5€, payout 0€

Zero Suit Samus only.

Rybaia

Smash Journeyman
How do you get 2nd place and no payout?
In Italy we play for free... At least we win some trophy.
Only if we have some guest from other country (never uppened during a tournament) we put some money prize.
My english is bad.. I'll try to explain:
We play only for pleasure and for improve our ability... For find out who is the best.
Sometimes we did some money match but just for have a serious match.

Maybe you can think this is strange xP

Sorry if I made some mistakes

cba

Smash Master

sasook

Smash Champion
Use the C-stick to switch the little character window. It works for Samus/ZSS, Zelda/Sheik, and PT/Zard/Ivy/Squirtle.

TheRockSays

Smash Journeyman
My most hayed character besides Falco is marth.
srsly.
All Marth players got eliminated because of snake players which then i wooped Those snake players xDDD. i friendly a dude that plays the bird i beat him 2.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
NickRiddle - Izzy Presents: "Eat Yo Smashed Potatoes - 04/18/09- 2/17 - $105 entry, $76 payout

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=225698

1. Galeon (Lucas/DDD[two matches]) $77 - split
2. NickRiddle (ZSS) $76 - split
3. 8-bit (Olimar/Snake) $17
4. Izzy (GW)

Splitting johns! It didn't matter THAT bad if I won because after I beat Galeon 3-0 the first set we decided to split. :(

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
lol i love fighting marths, however i cant stand olimars
I really like fighting Olimars. It's probably that I have a lot of experience, since there are two Power Ranked Olimars in NC, but I just really like the match-up.

noradseven

Smash Lord
I really like fighting Olimars. It's probably that I have a lot of experience, since there are two Power Ranked Olimars in NC, but I just really like the match-up.
I played Olimar like every **** day for a month its annoying, sure its fun the first 10 matches, but by the hundredth game in a row every day, you get to hate it. He is a pretty boring character, but then again I just found out recently that jab ganks Olimar so maybe it will not be so aggrevating. You wouldn't believe the number of time outs I have had in this match.

Plus I think adam has gotten worse either that or he is in a slight slump lately, our groups split up a bit after we got in a argument over causal(lolol items on this round(no spring/heart/curry), or warioware, and all random), and everyday being practicing for tourney MAINS ONLY. I still miss that vid of our ganon and falcon ganking there MK and Olimar.

noradseven

Smash Lord
If that was your first, or even one of your first tournies big kudos heheh
Ehhh you never know the first few rounds though are always kinda iffy for me. Sometimes the people are absolutely terrible other times they can be pretty **** good.

I have seen some people get ****ty draws before, mainly stuff like loses first round to finalist in 64 person tourney wins next round loses to third place who got knocked down by guy who got first. Sometimes black horses can really screw things up.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I played Olimar like every **** day for a month its annoying, sure its fun the first 10 matches, but by the hundredth game in a row every day, you get to hate it. He is a pretty boring character, but then again I just found out recently that jab ganks Olimar so maybe it will not be so aggrevating. You wouldn't believe the number of time outs I have had in this match.

Plus I think adam has gotten worse either that or he is in a slight slump lately, our groups split up a bit after we got in a argument over causal(lolol items on this round(no spring/heart/curry), or warioware, and all random), and everyday being practicing for tourney MAINS ONLY. I still miss that vid of our ganon and falcon ganking there MK and Olimar.
Given his performance at the last Billfest, I can confirm something of a slump.

But in general, I enjoy the Olimar match-up just because I feel like I know it. And yeah, jab combo does wonders on Olimar if you can get him into the air.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
first major tourney and thanks:)

2nd round of winners I lost to a guy who got 9th and in losers I just played downright terrible lol.
Shlike always counterpicks himself. lol :p

Next year's WHOBO (since there is going to be a WHOBO 2 in the same date) Shlike is going to learn how to play Japes and Rainbow Cruise and so he'll go up like 50 spots. =p

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ

Adapt

Smash Lord
This probably won't get any points since the entry was free, but we were playing for prizes. 1st and 2nd got gift certificates for the game store that hosted the tourney. First also got a small trophy that was full of win. (I hope I can get a picture of it to show)

Adapt: Brawl at the Last Gamestore - 3/47 - FREE - 0$ Payout - May 2nd

Top 16:

1: Zhao (Falco, Snake, Marth)
2: Orb. (Lucas)
3: Adapt (ZSS)
4: KMAG (Wario, ICs)
5: White
5: Kid A (GaW, Olimar, Yoshi)
7: Ghoul
7: Naugs (GaW)
9: STAPL
9: Gamzguy