• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus Questions & Answers

Ich Bin Awesome

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone-

I'm trying to get a "brawl lobby" set up that connects all the xat chats so people can chat or find matches or w/e (or you can go to it directly at www.xat.com/Wifi_Room No signup or registration is needed). So far 16 xats have the room tabbed in their chats. See this thread for the details:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=218563

Check it out, I hope you don't mind that I already added your Zamus xat to the list. If your boards have an "important links" thread, it would be appreciated if the above thread and site were added. It's might be at least useful for those that want to locate the individual character xats.

Thanks.

canthandletheSpeculosity

Smash Journeyman
I've been discussing this with people for a while. If a tourney makes up a rule saying "Standing infinites are not allowed," isnt the wario infinite allowed because it's not "standing" as you are moving to both sides of him pivot grabbing?

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
I've been discussing this with people for a while. If a tourney makes up a rule saying "Standing infinites are not allowed," isnt the wario infinite allowed because it's not "standing" as you are moving to both sides of him pivot grabbing?
The TO would have to define what exactly is meant by a standing infinite, because technically yes, you are "standing" when you infinite Wario, but no, you are not "standing STILL" while you do it.

kuenzel

Smash Ace
Is that the air-release grab infinite? Or is that something else? Because can't Wario just get out of that by not pressing up to get released? Or is that Meta-Knight that that only happens to?

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
i am picking up zss and i have 2 questions.
1: how do you fight a olimar. i try to out range him with side B but besides that what else do u do.
2: why is falco her worst matchup. can't you d-smash chain him and he is not that heavy and unless the guy i am fighting has been messing up i can get out of his chain grab with down B. So what am i missing that makes him so tough.

cba

Smash Master
1. do that, dash attack to Utilt, plasma whip, Dash attack to Dtilt, rinse and repeat.
2. you dont dominate w/ suit pieces. his -->B ***** you when recovering. his lazer spam is gay. his aerials **** ZSS' in a nasty way. his Fsmash hits you from behind him. hard to approach. ect.

Aayla

Smash Cadet
Hello, I'm an Italian smasher and even if I play since 2006 I'm still quite noob. My mains are Mario and Ic but I really would like to use also Zamus. I used her in some matches and I had quite fun, even if I have some problems with recovery and with smashes. My question is: can I reach a good level even if I'm not particularity technique-skilled? Thank you and sorry for my bad english

cba

Smash Master
you can. she (nor any character in the game) is Melee fox, who was limited by the user, not himself.

all you need to learn is WHEN to recover, not how. Dont use F-Smash, your opponent will be glad you did.
and to play with ZSS you need to be a bit tactical, mostly in stages like Norfair, Rainbow Cruise and Japes.
techniques....hmhmmh....ZSS doesnt have many. but you NEED to MindFu*k with your Suit pieces. thats about it ;)
i dont see many flaws w/ your english btw.

cba

Smash Master
her Jab Does Not **** G&w's Ground Game, At All. G&w's Down Tilt Out Of A Jab Can Be Used To Wreck Her Up Close. She's Got No Way Around It So She Has To Retreat. If I Use Turtle Diagonally, I Guarentee You'll Start To Shield It After You Get Punished For Trying To Grab It. Once I Get You Into The Habbit I'll Start Grabbing And Teching You. It's Really Not That Hard At All. All You Have To Do Is Powershield Zss And She's Cake.

A G&w Wouldn't Pick Final Destination Against Zss, Or Atleast Should Not. If A G&w Is Attacking With Diagonals And Knocking Zss Into The Air Then Pillaring Her With Up Air, They're Playing To Win Because Thats What You Do. Zss Has Nothing Against G&w's Up Air At All. She's Easily Forced To Make A Mistake Or Something Predictable That Can Be Punished.

Zss's Up Air Will Always Fall Short In Either Range Or Priority So There Is No Need To Worry About It.
you Don't Know The Match-up Too Well, Huh? Mr. Game & Watch's Dtilt And Jab Cancel Out Plasma Shot And Plasma Whip, Reguardless Of Charge. Mr. Game & Watch Gets Zss Into The Air With His First Jump, He Up B's To Begin Pillaring Her, Then Uses Up Air During His Second Jump. He's Then Able To Touch The Ground And Continue To Force Her Off Stage.

The Match Can't Even Be Contested Once Its Taken Into The Air. The Only Disputable Part About It Is Before Hand - While They're On The Ground. Getting To Zss Is The Difficult Part.

Note That She's Also Light. Once G&w Is Inside Her Range, She's Easy To Tech Out Of Down Throw.
zero Suit Samus Has Really Good Vertical And Horizontal Defense, But She's Very Weak To Anything Diagnal. Once Mr. Game & Watch Gets Her Into The Air There Is Really Nothing Zss Can Do. She Will Be At The Mercy Of Mr. Game & Watch's Fortress Of Priority.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
That guy does a great job of simplifying ZSS strategy and displaying a lack of knowledge about ZSS's moveset.

Aayla

Smash Cadet
you can. she (nor any character in the game) is Melee fox, who was limited by the user, not himself.

all you need to learn is WHEN to recover, not how. Dont use F-Smash, your opponent will be glad you did.
and to play with ZSS you need to be a bit tactical, mostly in stages like Norfair, Rainbow Cruise and Japes.
techniques....hmhmmh....ZSS doesnt have many. but you NEED to MindFu*k with your Suit pieces. thats about it ;)
i dont see many flaws w/ your english btw.
Ahah many times people tells me things like 'omg stop spamming suit pieces blablabla no items blablabla' and that's quite annoying. However for me it's 'good that Zamus hasn't many techniques xD Can I ask you what videos should I watch? Thank you, you're really kind

cba

Smash Master
If Excellence's posts was all sarcasm then it makes perfect sense.
it was not sarcasm, he was about to start a flame war.
he actually posted them when i said "good thing ZSS > G&W"
Ahah many times people tells me things like 'omg stop spamming suit pieces blablabla no items blablabla' and that's quite annoying. However for me it's 'good that Zamus hasn't many techniques xD Can I ask you what videos should I watch? Thank you, you're really kind
you welcome. bu just shove those pieces as deep as you can LOL. its their fault for not using them against you.
last time i checked, you opponent can kill you at like 70% in RC w/ your own Suit piece. so nobody sould be complaining about that.

i actually relied on Ground game alot till i ditto'ed Spec and got *****. so look @ Snakeee, Delicious Cake (aka as Cake), MSAS(i heard hes a good AIB'er), thats about alll ive seen. lol actually, all i've seen is Spec and Snakee. but you should go to the ZSS resource center and there you get everything you need. ^.^

btw guys/girls/everything-in-between, what frame does her Uair come out?

Snakeee

Smash Master
Don't mention MSAS in my presence lol. Gloating that he's better than me and sending them a vid from wifi where he "3 stocks" me. This was back when my internet was busted, my connection was beyond horrendous, and it was just so unbearable that I just jumped off the stage on purpose at 0%. Wifi sucks anyway though. But apparently if you beat someone on wifi in a friendly you are way beyond their level.

Anyway, I forget what frame the up air was I think it might be 4 but I'd like to know for sure myself. It's really fast in any case. It's my favorite move actually.

canthandletheSpeculosity

Smash Journeyman
Don't mention MSAS in my presence lol. Gloating that he's better than me and sending them a vid from wifi where he "3 stocks" me. This was back when my internet was busted, my connection was beyond horrendous, and it was just so unbearable that I just jumped off the stage on purpose at 0%. Wifi sucks anyway though. But apparently if you beat someone on wifi in a friendly you are way beyond their level.

OMG I KNOW MAN!!! I'm in the aib chatroom and he was gloating about it when I said I had a better ZSS than him because he claims he's the best zss on wifi. And I was like "1.) It's online. 2.) They're online DITTOS. Dittos mean nothing." Then I asked him how he does offline and he never answered. Just another one of those people that think online is the same as offline.

kuenzel

Smash Ace
last time i checked, you opponent can kill you at like 70% in RC w/ your own Suit piece. so nobody sould be complaining about that.
Yes, my friend is quite good at it now. I have to say, I enjyed it more when they simply were trying to get rid of them. And what's worse, he mains the bird... --.--

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
ZSS dittos also mean less than normal dittos because basically all of her spacing moves are worthless. You have to play them completely unlike any other match-up.

xxDKxx

Smash Rookie
What's the best way to recover with zss?
Is side-b or up-b any use when my opponent is already on the ledge? whenever that happens the whips usually doesn't do anything and i just fall and die.
should i be doing something else to recover?

sasook

Smash Champion
Learn to DI and momentum cancel, first of all. That's the most important thing. Then if you're far out and the ledge is open, use a sideb tether. That thing is long, it'll reach in most cases. If it's preoccupied, use your jump to get back on. If you STILL can't make it, use a flipstool (downb footstool).

Correct me if I'm wrong on this, anyone.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
ZSS dittos also mean less than normal dittos because basically all of her spacing moves are worthless. You have to play them completely unlike any other match-up.
Maybe that's why I can hold my own against Snakeee. We still need to finish that match good sir.

Top Bottom