• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus Questions & Answers

Snakeee

Smash Master
New discovery....ZSS can catch a GROUNDED armor piece with an up air if done right before she hits the ground. This has a lot of potential for the start of a match, juggling pieces up and down. You can smash throw one piece into the ground, DI toward another piece, and Up-air catch it on the way down o_O. ZSS is the new Diddy Kong...except a hot woman instead of a hairy little chimp

Adapt

Smash Lord
New discovery....ZSS can catch a GROUNDED armor piece with an up air if done right before she hits the ground. This has a lot of potential for the start of a match, juggling pieces up and down. You can smash throw one piece into the ground, DI toward another piece, and Up-air catch it on the way down o_O. ZSS is the new Diddy Kong...except a hot woman instead of a hairy little chimp
this is new?

You can do it with any aerial or an airdodge that is close to the ground

Adapt

Smash Lord
I normally use an airdodge if its on the ground and far away from my opponent. (no lag time)

I did manage to grab one with a fair and hit them at the same time once though. (first hit only though)
I find it much easier to time if you use an airdodge though.

Also, if you are facing a taller character and there is a piece at your feet, you can jump and immediately bair/fair after jumping and then hit them with the aerial

I can never seem to get the FF bair to hit and pick up the item at the same time.

FadedImage

Smash Journeyman
Also, if you are facing a taller character and there is a piece at your feet, you can jump and immediately bair/fair after jumping and then hit them with the aerial
I like to do that as an anti-aerial thing. If they're comin' in from above, jump and U-Air to grab a piece as I'm coming out with a hitbox, then throw the piece after them. Very useful to pick up pieces on the way up or down instead of having to dash-attack every time.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
So a while ago Bouse mentioned to me that he thought Plasma Wire might have IASA frames. Has anyone tested this out? I just remembered this recently and if it does, we could definitely use that to our advantage.

Also, check out my sexy new sig. vvv

FadedImage

Smash Journeyman
So a while ago Bouse mentioned to me that he thought Plasma Wire might have IASA frames. Has anyone tested this out? I just remembered this recently and if it does, we could definitely use that to our advantage.
I haven't tried it out yet, that would indeed be rapesauce. When would the IASA frames start? cuz I'm pretty sure I've spammed during it and haven't noticed any sort of IASA cancel. Who knows though.

Hawtness, fo sho.

Go let your stupid out on the Wolf board.
I'm almost pooped myself laughing so hard.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ

It certainly sounds plausible. I know that it seems to end much quicker than I expect sometimes, but that just may be because it's so fast anyway.

Also: sig too good.

FBM

Smash Apprentice
It certainly sounds plausible. I know that it seems to end much quicker than I expect sometimes, but that just may be because it's so fast anyway.

Also: sig too good.
Hmm... that might explain something about those jumping wire -> aerial combos. I have trouble getting the aerial out fast enough sometimes, but then sometimes I get it to work. I've never tested exactly why this is, but I haven't been intentionally trying to exploit any IASA frames.

And nice sig, Cake. Classy.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Against Samus, you could probably just go Battlefield or Yoshi's Story. I use Samus a lot and I always get really annoyed with the platforms, especially on the latter.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Lylat Cruise is a good suggestion for fighting Wolf. However, since I personally hate Lylat, I would probably just stick with Battlefield. It's a great general counterpick against most characters. I've almost never played anyone who has a good Brawl Sheik or Samus.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Hey guys, what's the best stage to face:

Wolf, Sheik, Samus?
I don't think there's too much of a solid counterpick against any of them actually. Well, maybe Lylat for Wolf like the others said, that's what I would usually pick too. Sheik, I would probably go either Rainbow Cruise or Battlefield. And for Samus, I'd go Battlefield.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
hey guys I got a question:
Wat is a good techique when using ZSS??
THX for the help.
We have rules here. One of those rules is to spell and use grammar properly. That includes not putting a new sentence on every line. A good technique is to not suck.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Roll and throw at about the same time.

Alternately, you could look it up.

Reapd

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, its me. The ******* that told you this thread sucks. I'm sorry I REALLY overreacted. I was in a big hurry because i needed to go. Now let me please rephrase my question: Do you consider juggling your opponent with ZSS a good technique, or is it lacking. If it is, which I know it is, then can you please give me a couple good ideas for techniques with ZSS. Thanks much. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:urg:

Snakeee

Smash Master
Um...ZSS is one of the best characters for juggling actually. There are a few match ups where an up air is risky because of their d-air though, and you should Up-B them from a safe distance instead. I know this is true for DDD because of his range with d-air. In some other match ups you'd have to be very on point with spacing an Up air in order to beat their d-air.

Reapd

Smash Apprentice
Um...ZSS is one of the best characters for juggling actually. There are a few match ups where an up air is risky because of their d-air though, and you should Up-B them from a safe distance instead. I know this is true for DDD because of his range with d-air. In some other match ups you'd have to be very on point with spacing an Up air in order to beat their d-air.
Thanks much snakee. I will be sending you a request to join the ZSS back room. Smaci92 will probably be there as well.:bee:

smaci92

Smash Lord
W.e this Q&A sucks
guys. this guy is annoying as hell...no offense Reapd, but you came to the Ice climber question and answer threads and said it sucked and then apologized and you did it here too. To be honest with you, you shouldn't get any help from any of us...

and why would we need a ZSS back room anyways? you can get all the answers on the threads...

Reapd

Smash Apprentice
guys. this guy is annoying as hell...no offense Reapd, but you came to the Ice climber question and answer threads and said it sucked and then apologized and you did it here too. To be honest with you, you shouldn't get any help from any of us...

and why would we need a ZSS back room anyways? you can get all the answers on the threads...
..........................No comment........................:******:

Top Bottom