• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Zelda's Matchups ~ (obselete thread/check stickies)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Okay cool... we'll focus on those three next!

edit: and I call <3 love for no reason really... I just think it's less effort than saying lessthanthree!

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Wifi lets me fight people like Ramen who Id never be able to fight. Anyway, if we are gonna do Squirtle Id like to do all three pokemon then. One of the better people in my crew uses PT and I can seem to fight Charizard very well. I always underestimate his grab range :\

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Pokemon Trainer is cool with me just I find when boards discuss the matchup as a whole they don't really go too much in depth with the individual matchups:(

MrEh

Smash Hero

zeldspazz

Smash Master
It's wifi. Just run up and Usmash.
*sighs* Just cus its wifi doesnt mean that will work. My opponent is actually....smart.

*Gasp* Who woulda thought :lick:

Now if anyone actually has some kind of useful info, then please tell me. And if it actually is use Usmash more, can we say it so its not implying its because of wifi, and that its actually what you do in the MU (although I highly doubt it)

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Running up and usmashing on wifi will get you fsmashed by charizard lmao.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Fsmash, usmash, dsmash, Din's, and dtilt are all you need on wifi. Maybe some jab and nair to mix it up.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
*sighs* Just cus its wifi doesnt mean that will work. My opponent is actually....smart.

*Gasp* Who woulda thought :lick:

Now if anyone actually has some kind of useful info, then please tell me. And if it actually is use Usmash more, can we say it so its not implying its because of wifi, and that its actually what you do in the MU (although I highly doubt it)
Lol, I'm actually agreeing with KLO on this. :O:urg::ohwell::dizzy:

But overuse is overuse and overusing will get you predictable. But again it's lagfi so if you win by anything then so be it.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Aggro Zelda works on wifi.

'Nuff said.
I dunno if that was intended towards me or not, but if it was then I never said that it wouldn't work. If Aggro Zelda works online then use it.

Winning is winning, whether it be by high percentage last stock victory or a 3 stock.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Smart player? Or just smarter then you? There's a difference.

Now if anyone actually has some kind of useful info, then please tell me.
You need to tell us exactly what you're having problems with. All you said was that you keep getting grabbed.

Concerning grabs, Charizard lacks a projectile to camp Zelda with, and you have Dins. Dins+wifi = camp fest.

The reason you are probably getting shieldgrabbed constantly by Charizard's ridiculous grab is that you are approaching him wrong. Remember that Zelda has a projectile and Charizard does not. (not in the traditional sense anyway) Charizard will get far less opportunities to grab you if he is the one approaching you, versus the other way around. Charizard's approach options aren't the greatest, which means that Din's will hamper him severely on wifi. Din's in real life is laughable, but on wifi it becomes stupidly annoying. If you know that you are 100% safe doing it, then do it. Charizard will have to approach with his shield or dance around the explosions, which the gives you the opportunity to act accordingly. If all he does is shieldgrab, then stop attacking his face. Learn to kick him or mixup with a grab of your own. If he likes approaching with grabs, then just predict and spotdodge or intercept with something like Fsmash. If he approaches with shield, just predict and grab him out of it. If you're hitting Charizard, never overexert yourself or you might just end up getting grabbed again. Charizard's grab obviously has a lot of range, and they all serve the purpose of getting Zelda in the air, where Charizard can capitalize.

Grab spamming is punishable. Pay attention to your opponent and his habits. If his grabs are ****** you, then you must be running into them a lot. Pay attention when your opponent grabs you, and try to prevent yourself from being in that situation next time. Practice the character-specific spacing, and Charizard's grabs will be less of a problem. (of course, charizard's grabs are ALWAYS a problem though. It's effing Charizard after all.)

And if it actually is use Usmash more, can we say it so its not implying its because of wifi, and that its actually what you do in the MU (although I highly doubt it)
It's a joke. Whenever someone says "Usamsh moar", we're generally referring to wifi. Even more so when it's clear that you were fighting a wifi opponent in the first place. Usmash on wifi *****, period. Its stupid large hitbox combined with lag makes that thing stupid hard to stop or punish. Spamming Usmash obviously doesn't fly in real life though.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Thank you MrEh. That helped me a lot.

I dont like to play "the wifi way" because when i do get the chance to play good players offline Ill know what is going to work and what is not. So for that reason I dont like to spam Dins and Usmash and such online even though i know it would work and play it as if its an offline match. It doesnt always work but I dont care. I dont like to fall into wifi habits.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Alright let's get PT out of the way and we'll move onto fox, kirby and jiggs next!

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Lucas boards are discussing the joint MU with Zelda/Sheik, we would like some input from you guys:
:link2:

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
No offence but reading the discussion taking place there... it's just hostile and unnecessary. Mars don't bother arguing, there's no point.

_

Sorry which matchups are next here btw? I'll see if we can get more input for PT and then we'll move onto fox and others.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I'd like to discuss Zelda vs. Ike. Or Zelda vs. Yoshi.

The first is a MU I end up doing a lot when my crew does low tiers, and I might start using Zelda for Yoshi depending on what other people say about the matchup.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
No offence but reading the discussion taking place there... it's just hostile and unnecessary. Mars don't bother arguing, there's no point
Yea your right. Don't know why they would invite discussion and then flame you when you don't feel that Zelda gets hard countered by Lucas lmao.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
I'd like to discuss Zelda vs. Ike. Or Zelda vs. Yoshi.

The first is a MU I end up doing a lot when my crew does low tiers, and I might start using Zelda for Yoshi depending on what other people say about the matchup.
That right there is the one I like to rediscuss. Ike for me is becoming more and more harder than last time. Yoshi can come after. I live in a Ike infested state so I see about 3 or 4 at the very least of every tourney. LT and Reg tourneys

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
He's also one of the most popular characters in low tiers, sooooo~

Let's do it plzplzplz.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
I dont fight Ike online anymore >_> It makes me rage considering Zelda doesnt do great against Ike offline anyway.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Ike is probably Zelda's toughest low tier matchup. It's still winnable for Zelda mind you, but it's an uphill struggle. Properly spaced Fairs and Nairs are extremely hard to get past thanks to all of Zelda's blindspots, and he can punish our recovery super hard if you make a mistake.

I'd say 40:60 personally.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Ike is probably Zelda's toughest low tier matchup. It's still winnable for Zelda mind you, but it's an uphill struggle. Properly spaced Fairs and Nairs are extremely hard to get past thanks to all of Zelda's blindspots, and he can punish our recovery super hard if you make a mistake.

I'd say 40:60 personally.
This is all known. I'm looking for ways around him in terms of OoS options after he attacks with Nair, Fair, and all that other jazz.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
I have actually grabbed Ike OoS when he fairs. Idk if it was just horrible spacing or not but it looked like her grab range was reeeally big because of the sheild push and I was still able to grab.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
I have actually grabbed Ike OoS when he fairs. Idk if it was just horrible spacing or not but it looked like her grab range was reeeally big because of the sheild push and I was still able to grab.
Sounds to me like that was bad spacing on Ike's part. With how Zelda's grab is laggy to begin with, it's hard to Shield Grab Ike unless he doesn't space correctly.

AzNfinesse

Smash Journeyman
yea that was definitely bad spacing on ike's part or you just got really lucky with the grab. but i don't recommend even thinking about attempting a shield grab against ike. there's too much push back and if u do it he can easily punish you with a ftilt or jab combo.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Yep we'll do Ike next along with Fox... can people say a few things on the PT matchups... we've had more Ivy talk than squirts and chars so it'll be cool to get more discussion going on those characters.

They should be somewhere down the line of threads... let me know if you can't find them.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Wario's not as bad of a MU as I thought he was.

Until he decides to time you out. Then he's a ****head.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
If I ever got timed out in a tournament or money match, I'd proooobably kick the dude in the balls, no joke.

It's so lame. I'd rather SD and not waste my time..... I mean, congrats to the winner, but you're gonna pay for it somehow.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I don't think i'll ever be timed out cuz of the chracter I play. Although if you are timed out you have to look at it like:

"this is my own fault for not playing MK"

or:

"why am I paying money to play this game anyways?"

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
It's kind of hard to time out Pikachu unless you're MK (who can pretty much time out anybody). Also depends on the stage.

The only time I've been timed out so far was on wifi, Zelda vs. Wario on Delfino.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
My MK buddy Yaz tried to time me out in a MM couple weeks ago. He was doing the M2K SV fly under the stage to the moving platform and then repeat thingy. Everytime I just ran to the other side and chucked needles at him.

Sheiks too fast for that stuff and needles cut through anythig so I guess if they had like a huge lead they could do that to me. SHe also has the second fastest jump in the game so air camping isn't that effective vs. her either.

If MK simply does the ledgestall thing I can just drop the chain over the ledge and profit.

Anyways, I could see Pikachu's TJ hitting someone ledgestalling if they were doing it wrong but I dunno.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
If I ever got timed out in a tournament or money match, I'd proooobably kick the dude in the balls, no joke.

It's so lame. I'd rather SD and not waste my time..... I mean, congrats to the winner, but you're gonna pay for it somehow.
Me and you think the EXACT same way on this issue! lol!! Except when you do it people will think its cute that you had a hissy-fit and I... will get arrested... :embarrass

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Hello Zelda boards, I recently ran into a legit meta knight planker and was wondering if Zelda possibly had some options against meta knight planking.

The more options you can list no matter how bad they are the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom