• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda vs Sheik

TheLake

Smash Master
ok, i was proved wrong. i just watched the lake vs this one fox (at i think the big house, the first place they went was ys) and i was like "man, zelda just is unable to do anything at all"
lol weon X at hope 4 i think is what your talking about

OH GURL dat canadian shield pressure!

Must...use...lightshield....stuff...

back to the drawing board!

SamusPoop

Banned via Warnings
Lake You should go to apex12 then i'll play you again and it'll make my day again this time I know to kill you so I got this.

Also aersir are You aware its easier to **** ness with CCing than even roy? His fair is trash if You cc shine to combo off stage to what? Also ness's recovery at ANY point in time can be beat out by ANY disjointed move in the game or edge grab inv. frame nair/bair you don't have to figure out where he is going unlike fox.

Why do you think ness's recovery into trash again? Straight forward, hard to aim, easy to gimp 0%, less mix-ups than even marth's recovery, start of lag worse than any other, terriblely slow 2nd jump, predictable airdodge(only reason option many times, stage gimps him like reread the chats on his recovery you can't be anywhere near the walls or ledge if You hope for it to work, if you get it off and they hit you mid flight then what? More offen than nothing you won't get a safe 2nd chance. Also ness's weight is average and I rather have the recovery to back it up.

:phone:

crush

Smash Master
Lake You should go to apex12 then i'll play you again and it'll make my day again this time I know to kill you so I got this.

Also aersir are You aware its easier to **** ness with CCing than even roy? His fair is trash if You cc shine to combo off stage to what? Also ness's recovery at ANY point in time can be beat out by ANY disjointed move in the game or edge grab inv. frame nair/bair you don't have to figure out where he is going unlike fox.

Why do you think ness's recovery into trash again? Straight forward, hard to aim, easy to gimp 0%, less mix-ups than even marth's recovery, start of lag worse than any other, terriblely slow 2nd jump, predictable airdodge(only reason option many times, stage gimps him like reread the chats on his recovery you can't be anywhere near the walls or ledge if You hope for it to work, if you get it off and they hit you mid flight then what? More offen than nothing you won't get a safe 2nd chance. Also ness's weight is average and I rather have the recovery to back it up.

this is DEFINITELY ICG.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
lol you guys are dumb.
Fox/Falco can't make it back once you get them off stage.
such terrible recoveries.

Falco probably has one of the worst in the game...
doc being the worst, since it doesn't go anywhere.
Kirby is down there.

Beat!

Smash Master
I must be drunk or hallucinating, because I could've sworn I read something about Ness' recovery being "less exploitable" than spacies'.

Ness has the ****ing worst recovery ever. It's trash. It's horrible.

TheLake

Smash Master
I think the worst recovery in the game

is ness

because you work harder trying to recover

than you actual do when your on the stage

which is saying alot

then roy cause doc can use pills....and like murder you if he gets back on stage

but like...ness even when he does recover

your never like "**** NOW I GET ZERO TO DEATH"DEED" like when falcon or somone who has a "bad recovery" gets back on

kirbys recovery is sweet cause he can eat you and has like 60 jumps

shout outs to kirbys recovery

Beat!

Smash Master
Both spacies have pretty decent recoveries. I'd even go as far as to say that NTSC Fox has a good one.

Yeah, they're fairly easy to gimp, but keep in mind that there are several characters that you can just keep hitting off stage without them being able to do much at all about it. It takes longer, but is often more "guaranteed" than edgeguarding spacies, and the end result is the same anyway.

Have you ever played against a spacie who really mixes up all aspects of their recovery?

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
sooo... you're trolling right?
because the spacies have absolute **** recoveries.
free gimp. every time.
If spacies have **** recoveries than Ness doesn't even have a recovery worth mentioning.... If you're trolling me your doing a really good job because I honestly think you're mentally ******** since Ness's recovery is literally the most gimpable recovery in the game. At least spacies have options, whereas Ness just sorta sits there and takes it in *** from Mr. T like seriously? You can't be serious

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
lolololol
yea I'm just trolling, but I think there are worse recoveries than ness (his is bad, but there are worse).
and I don't think the spacies have good recoveries (especially falco).

maybe I'm too used to characters with good recoveries... because I just realized most characters in this game have terrible ones.

Pika has a good one, pichu, luigi, peach, Puff's is alright (albeit gimpable), Zelda's is pree good, and yea.. thats basically it, unless I forgot somebody...
everybody else has a crappy recovery.

Beat!

Smash Master
Luigi's recovery isn't very good. It's not terrible, but it's definitely nowhere near the other ones you mentioned. Zelda shouldn't be grouped together with them either.

And you didn't even mention Mewtwo, who has the second best recovery in the game...

As for Ness not having the worst recovery, the only potential contenders I can think off are like, Roy and Kirby, but I'd say Ness is worse.

Wait a minute, did you just call Puff's recovery "alright"? The best recovery in the game? Pleeeeeease tell me that was a bad joke.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Yea luigi and Zelda aren't up there at all...

Fox is though, samus maybe

And I'm glad you were mostly trolling but ness seriously has the worst recovery Melee minus maybe Roy

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
I don't think fox should be up there. He's way to gimpable.
The problem with puff's recovery is also just how gimpable it is...
Lol how could I forget mewtwo xP

weegee just because I don't consider it to be a bad recovery. and misfires are funny.
Zelda's recovery also isn't bad.
everybody else who isn't on that list has a crap recovery.

as for worst recovery...
Doc is down there. Roy, kirby... and yea...
Ness's is down there, but its not the worst, imo.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
...I'm going to try.

The thing that makes spacie recoveries LEAPS and BOUNDS better than Ness's recovery is this: options. Fox and Falco can mix up their recoveries to almost always keep the edge guarder honest. Falco's illusion (I think it's illusion? Not sure) is really fast, and meteors, which can reverse roles almost instantly, DJ dair is an excellent option for him if he gets the read, and he can also shine stall to throw his opponent off. Fox's recovery has range, and his upB has a fire ring that protects him. He can also shine stall. Both these characters can wall-jump as well.

Marth can alter his timing with side B. And his up B starts and ends fairly quickly. Luigi has side B and down B to help him stall for time. Falcon has his down B, and his up B can grab people who don't space (of course, this rarely ever happens, but it IS an option). Same thing with Ganon. Bowser's upB doesn't leave him vulnerable in the startup. Each one of these characters has more options than DJ (which can't be sweetspotted), airdodge (which has a fairly short trajectory), and up B (he stays in his up B lag longer than Fox or Falco before startup, and being hit by the PK thunder will send you up, which gives you ample chance to recover).

The key word here, Aesir, is OPTIONS. Ness has no OPTIONS, and so his recovery is extremely predictable and therefore BAD. A lack of options also makes his more exploitable. I wish you played Ness, so that I could show you what I mean.

Also...Puff's recovery is amazing.

And I've never had trouble recovering with Roy. What are you all talking about? :troll:

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Crush, that's actually fairly true. :)

And yes, Dark, you're right. We're done.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Ness is worse than Zelda by a lot. Ness has a lot of stuff that looks interesting on paper but his whole "I die in one hit very easily" thing is a real drawback. Glitter just doesn't do enough.

Cleod

Smash Cadet
Ness is worse than Zelda by a lot. Ness has a lot of stuff that looks interesting on paper but his whole "I die in one hit very easily" thing is a real drawback. Glitter just doesn't do enough.
No way man Ness might be a terrible character but Ness professionals are nothing to be reckoned with

D

Deleted member

i lived between rochester and cleveland for most of my smash career, and aside from "having vidjogamer" rochester was far superior in every way.

actually rochester NY was easily my favorite place to play smash the entire time i've played this game.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Oh no, we don't have a notable community at all.
Our melee players, aside from me, ralis, and a few others, just started playing this summer...
We all suck right now, but we have a community now, and thats all that matters :p

Rochester is definitely better for smash, buuuuuut... **** rochester. they gay.

1000th post ftw.

D

Deleted member

i didn't say anything about notable players or having a community or being better for smash. rochester just has really chill people to hang with, and smash may or may not be a part of that. most of the RIT heads are chill as **** and have been for a long time. I think the ugly girls at that college gets a lot of the guys to relax lol

RIT has some pretty ugly women, no lie.

Top Bottom