• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda vs Sheik

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I was fooling around with IC's and got ***** by a a Zelda.

I think that ICs still have a very slight advantage, just because they are tiers above Zelda, and have more options, but Zelda can play that MU, I think. Kicks/fsmash separate them really well, she can kill Nana in mere moments... The thing is, Zelda kinda needs to be in the air for kicks, and IC's can WD under her > utilt/usmash if she gets too comfy in the air. They also have powerful moves that can kill her early.

Maybe 55:45 in ICs favor? I simply don't believe that Zelda wins, or that it's even.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
I have never had the best zelda, but a while back (sometime last year) I was playing the zelda vs IC's mu and I personally felt that it was around a 45/55 in ic's favor. I also think medium size stages r the best in this MU for zelda. They give her enough room to move around and not get caught by the ic's why still being small enough so she can get into the ic's space when she wants. So i guess I am saying i dont like yoshis and dream land but I would imo ban yoshis in this MU b4 dream land.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
I was fooling around with IC's and got ***** by a a Zelda.

I think that ICs still have a very slight advantage, just because they are tiers above Zelda, and have more options, but Zelda can play that MU, I think. Kicks/fsmash separate them really well, she can kill Nana in mere moments... The thing is, Zelda kinda needs to be in the air for kicks, and IC's can WD under her > utilt/usmash if she gets too comfy in the air. They also have powerful moves that can kill her early.

Maybe 55:45 in ICs favor? I simply don't believe that Zelda wins, or that it's even.
uhm... your ICs just wobble.

It seems like posters think that adding that at the end of their post makes their post a successful troll post

Zelda/Puff. What is this?
You mean matchup ratio? 30:70

The spacing game is even. Both space bairs. If Zelda's hits Jigglypuff might die. If Jigglypuff hits, she has good opportunity to keep hitting you (whereas you don't when you hit her). She can edge guard you and you can't edge guard her

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I don't think it's 70:30...more like 60:40. I mean, Jiggs does die early. And comboing Zelda into rest isn't that easy (as long as you up safely...you should be fine).

She doesn't need to combo into rest. She can combo you and push you off the stage and get guaranteed edge guards

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Somehow I forgot about bair...hmmm... I still feel like early toe kills help Zelda enough to not make this quite that bad of an MU (compared to Fox and Falcon and Sheik and Marth).

Somehow I forgot about bair...hmmm... I still feel like early toe kills help Zelda enough to not make this quite that bad of an MU (compared to Fox and Falcon and Sheik and Marth).
True, Jigglypuff is so much less bad than her 4 worst matchups

A 2 or 3 hit combo from Jigglypuff does more damage than 1 toe from Zelda. Both probably start to kill each other at around the same percent. Unless it's YS (Zelda's best stage vs Jigglypuff because her recovery and edgeguarding weaknesses are much less of a weakness)

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
I can wobble for a little bit... not infinitely, but usually up to 70%-ish or a little higher...

I don't practice it though, I just count in my head while doing it lol.

but anyways, **** wobbling. If I play ICs, I gotta be super aggro.

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
jiggs controls the stage much better than zelda and this is what truly drives the matchup when dealing with experienced players. they have the same range however and against more inexperienced jiggs you can get really early suprise KOs from bad DI on their part

D

Deleted member

Well I wanna talk about Zelda vs ICs

Since I played Chu a lot this weekend

And I lost to an ic's in bracket

And I'm mad

:phone:
i live with chu.

i used to play him all the time, but he's been pretty mad at me lately so i don't play him much. the last time we played, he only used roy and that was....one-sided.

we usually have really close matches in zelda vs ICs on FD. i win about half of them. i think zelda wins slightly or the MU is even. ICs are weird.

I pretty much win on non-FD. zelda is gay.

i still lose to chu's fox. that MU is impossible.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Yea we were going preeeeeetty even, I beat him in 2 matches, he beat me in 3 oh and 2stocked me the first one the rest were one stock but still friendlies yea

then he just went roy the rest of the time and we traded games lol

actually I think I won more but I may be wrong

Zone

Smash Champion
dunno if you guys remembering me whining about having no scene and a direct in-ability to get good because I have no practice partner. My games were like once a month or so I'd get to play for real.

Well I'm probably gonna come back to melee, because I'm fixing to have a smasher roomate.

Time to get pimp good.

Except.... I'm gonna main someone good this time lol.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Yeah, I remember. And good stuff on being able to come back, Zone.

Who are you maining now?

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
SHROUDEDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONEEEEEEE

get over to my house on the 29th k.
mini-smashfest. like 10 people or something, not much, but they are the better people in cleveland...
although, the main good people aren't showing up .-.

but they'll be at Phil's house on new years for that smashfest, but idk if you'll be able to go since phil's dad is only letting him invite people he knows... but I might be able to get you in cuz i'm a pimp like that.
there'll be like 40 people at that one. most suck though, but its fun. we fwanna do crew battles.

TheLake

Smash Master
Yoshi is cool

Uugh sheik...

uughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

uuuuuuuuuuuuughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

zone..just play zelda its soooo easy ;D

Zone

Smash Champion
Wanna know what's boss me and lake played Zelda dittos and I have no idea who won I just know we went pretty damn even.

:phone:

Top Bottom