• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Zelda Video and Critique Archive ~ (obselete thread/check stickies)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Yea He has some like AC fair to grab correct? I jabbed before he grabbed me a couple times......don't know if that should work all the time.
Lol, no, that shouldn't work. XD He probably hit you with too many hits of fair.... Pika should aim for 2-3 at most.

And yeah, always tech around Pika, or you're open to getting locked.

Afaik, there aren't any good Pikas in SoCal. None that were even close to making our board PR list, anyway, so unless there're some undercover people, you won't have to worry. There's one dude named Tag/Truth who used to go to tournies, and he was semi-legit (slightly worse than me when he visited Philly ~2+ months ago), but he doesn't play Brawl anymore.

JuJux

Smash Apprentice
I have some offline matches recorded on Youtube, i guess I can post them =o..

Friendlies :

JuJux (Zelda) vs Tekk (DDD)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAnj28oMrYk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo3xyJZKlwI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CY8G2MG2i2g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZMqbH1ldOc (Rage quit for the money !)

JuJux (Zelda) vs Genius (Martha)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO36EW3iP-A

(I just post the videos wich i juge they look nice, but you can watch all the videos on : http://www.youtube.com/user/WhereYouAtProduction#p/u/17/bAnj28oMrYk )

Tounament :

The videos of the GBG2 are not upload yet, so i only have a team match from TSL4 (1/4 final match)

Cenel (Snake) + Izaw (Link) vs JuJux (Zelda) + Kitsune-kun (DK) :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n_MEHLPfNk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27d1c4EczQ4&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CCQ2aPqeJo&feature=related

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I noticed you trying to do that new DDD swallow > utilt thing... it looks tricky but is that definitely guaranteed on everyone?

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Not to take away from JuJux's vids(i'm going to watch those in a min by the way).....but Gaylo! Guess who's going to R3............hint it's a Pikachu hehe.

Edit: jujux that ledgewarp to a dins in the martha vid was pretty neat......vid quality is really choppy so it's hard for me to watch though:(

JuJux

Smash Apprentice
I noticed you trying to do that new DDD swallow > utilt thing... it looks tricky but is that definitely guaranteed on everyone?
You have 2 choices :
- Don't touch your Pad !
- Destroy your Pad ! And push the Jump all the time during shallow, when you release you "footstool" DDD and you're outrange of the Utilt.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I dunno. Lol.

I don't follow the Smash world outside of the people I know personally, so I don't even know what R3 is.
I really don't know what it is either!!! All I know Is I'm Going to it and Z said he would MM me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Really? Sweet, I want replays. =D

I'm looking forward to playing him when he goes to Pound (I hope -- last I heard, he was still going).

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Nobody is critiquing Jujux' excellent matches? Wtf......this is why we don't have a community.

Edit: @Jujux- Low percentage dsmashes aren't too safe, i've gotten smashed even after I hit with an dsmash, great spacing most of the time in all of your matches, loved the empty SH mindgames, loved your random usage of utilt to try and KO Marth since it can trade if the Marth outspaces....it didn't work but it was a decent medium-risk>high-reward type of move, dash attack OoS was nice.....it's a pretty good punishr in the Marth matchup and sets him up for juggles good to see you utilizing that, still think you get punished for Dins a little too much, I love double bairs as well:), baiting airdodges for lightning kicks, your DI needs some work....try using bair instead of fair for momentum cancelling...

Overall I LOVE your Zelda. Solid stuff man.

JuJux

Smash Apprentice
Thank you Mars for critiquing :3 !
Yeah those matches took place 2months ago (in the middle of october) and I feel bad when I see some of my DI here :/ ... Yeah I use the Utilt really rarely, only to kill if I have the possibility (or with Dtilt pop up (reverse) Utilt) to be sure to kill with :p ! OoS DA is good against Marth's 1st Fair imo, and you can "combo" according to how the hitbox connects.

I'll upload the other matches which are more recent from the GBG2 (Tournament) which hosted in december, against Zudenka (Yoshi) and Bjay (Marth/MK).

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Pretty good JuJux. I'll hold off critique until I see your tournament singles matches.

Edit: Updated first post.

For those that are interested in posting more vids please read the rules at the top of page one. That will help me out. I got my wii back and stuff so I'll be practicing Brawl quite a bit this break. Hope to play some peoples. K shoots.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I'm sorry, but...........

WHO IS THIS *** PIKACHU????

I don't wanna be mean, but. X.X

I'll watch again and actually comment on your Zelda, I just couldn't help myself from asking. That Pika was.... ;;

EDIT: Okay, no offense, but I honestly can't get a read on how good your Zelda is from those first two vids. That Pikachu let you get away with way too much. I'm gonna watch the third, but since it's the same player, I'm not expecting much better.

But your Zelda ***** much less skilled players well? x.o

EDIT #2: I notice you use uair to momentum cancel. Use FF bair instead. It's significantly faster.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
i thought u play brawl only for peach, and only ever forever ever ever for peach?
I do. So what is the problem.

I'm sorry, but...........

WHO IS THIS *** PIKACHU????

I don't wanna be mean, but. X.X

I'll watch again and actually comment on your Zelda, I just couldn't help myself from asking. That Pika was.... ;;

EDIT: Okay, no offense, but I honestly can't get a read on how good your Zelda is from those first two vids. That Pikachu let you get away with way too much. I'm gonna watch the third, but since it's the same player, I'm not expecting much better.

But your Zelda ***** much less skilled players well? x.o
The dude just started playing Pikachu. And it's fine if you can't see how good or bad my Zelda is. I just posted vids to show my Zelda. You can say w/e you want about me.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
You can say w/e you want about me.
Sweet. I'll do my best, then.

EDIT #2: I notice you use uair to momentum cancel. Use FF bair instead. It's significantly faster.
Just making sure you saw that part.

I liked your accuracy with fair/bair. You seem to have the spacing down really well.

However, you use some of Zelda's other moves a bit too much or too little. For instance, your Din's Fire usage is a little too much and a little too straightforward.... you seem to try to actually hit with it, and it got you punished sometimes.

Needs more dtilt. Needs more jab.

Needs less Naryu's.... I saw a lot of Naryu's. It's really only useful for punishing rolls, spotdodges (although usmash can be better for that), people who land behind you, and occasionally for sending people off the stage.

I saw a few other badly spaced moves -- I remember a utilt that made me cringe. Just stuff that'll come with more experience.

I'd also advise running a bit less, as stupid as that sounds. Zelda doesn't need to run..... she's third slowest in the game, and if you're running around trying to keep up with someone when you're already ahead, a better player will stomp tracks on top of you. Just stand there, look pretty, and be defensive.

Unless you're like me and prefer aggro Zelda. ;) It's admittedly more fun that way, lol. But not as effective.

Overall, your Zelda was nice. Like I said, though, it's hard to say much when your opponent is so obviously inexperienced.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Mamachu strikes again!

Anyways, once I get better wifi in ~2 weeks, we should play (if you do wifi). I'll show you how ****ing annoying and impossible Pikachu can be for Zelda.

Then I'll play Olimar and make you cry.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Mamachu strikes again!

Anyways, once I get better wifi in ~2 weeks, we should play (if you do wifi). I'll show you how ****ing annoying and impossible Pikachu can be for Zelda.

Then I'll play Olimar and make you cry.
Is that right? You must really take me up as some noob if you thinking that.

Aibou

Smash Master
I only got to watch the one with ZSS (since I gotta leave like now), but I wanted to say that your Kicks were spot on. I've never seen so many in one match.

I can't really critique since I'm not very good (and you're way better than I), but d-tilting more would be something to look into I guess. That move is sexy ;)

GodAtHand

Smash Lord

Needs less Naryu's.... I saw a lot of Naryu's. It's really only useful for punishing rolls, spotdodges (although usmash can be better for that), people who land behind you, and occasionally for sending people off the stage.

I'd also advise running a bit less, as stupid as that sounds. Zelda doesn't need to run..... she's third slowest in the game, and if you're running around trying to keep up with someone when you're already ahead, a better player will stomp tracks on top of you. Just stand there, look pretty, and be defensive.
I agree with everything Kaylo! said completely besides these two things, which I will extend my opinion on.

Nayru's. Obviously a lot is bad... very bad. It can be used for everything Kaylo said but I still think that the invincibility frame is extremely useful. If you know what move someone plans to hit you with you can time it just right. My new fav is hitting Snake from above when he thinks he can Uptilt me. Unfortunately if you predict wrong you will be a sad sad Zelda.

I agree with not needing to run as well... But sometimes feigning EXTREME aggression as Zelda will make people go right where you want them. I love pretending like I have some sort of approach until the last second then simply throwing out some sparkles and backing away again. If you have your opponent in a tough spot fake aggression is really useful. At least they aren't 100% clear that you are going to be playing completely defensively.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Is that right? You must really take me up as some noob if you thinking that.
No, but I know the Pika vs. Zelda MU like the back of my hand. (Wifi is *** for Pikachu, but hopefully my connection won't be as ****ty at my new place.)

And Olimar is just ridiculously impossible for Zelda. Nothing against you, it's just a godawful MU that's extremely easy to play as Olimar.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Not to be a ****, but why is there a seperate thread for this? We have a critique thread where everyone has posted their vids.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Don't Din's too close to ICs.
Don't ftilt too close to ICs.
Don't dsmash too close to ICs.

Basically, all you need vs. them are fsmash, jab, Din's, and dtilt..... that's oversimplifying things a bit, but I saw you use a lot of ftilt/dsmash when they were within range to punish you. There were a few times you should've been punished but weren't..... you're also lucky that Kack messed up the CG a number of times.

When you split them up, immediately go after and kill Nana unless she's too far away or Popo is being a major obstacle. Nana is super dumb, and once she's out of the picture, there's not much Sopo can do. Once they're apart, you shouldn't be letting them get back together at all.

Also, in the first match, I noticed that you like to get a little too close to them when they're on the ledge. Stand back a bit and don't get impatient. You seemed to preemptively throw out moves rather than predicting/reacting accordingly when he was on the ledge.

That's all I got. =D

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Too lazy to watch the other one atm.

And that doesn't make those ICs any better, lol.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
alright...lol...the fact I can beat the ICs with my week old zelda confirms that without you needing to say anything

-Mars-

Smash Hero
That Snake blows too but I liked how you would jab and roll or dtilt and roll.....imma start doing that. Overall I like your Zelda for being a week old just don't Dins so much at dumb times and pretty much everything Kaylo said.

AzNfinesse

Smash Journeyman
Here's a recent friendly against ATK, the best Toon Link in Nevada. It's a really tough matchup and I don't know what to make of it...maybe you guys can help out. I have very little experience against TL with zelda, but I would like to learn more (since I usually just go D3 or Diddy against TL).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ew0B6iRJDok

open to critique, comments, flaming, etc. etc. etc...

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Don't worry AzN practise is everything! I think you had a few accidents in this match - the din's SD in the 1st stock and airdodge SD on the 2nd stock :( I guess a good step is to limit the amount of accidents here.

I'm seeing a lot of nayru's... not necessarily just for reflecting but sometimes as an approach on the shield or a safeguard to his zair, and sometimes as a combo breaker... I don't think it was working... from the video I'd advise less nayru's next time.

I do find that Nayru's is actually really good for reflecting TL's boomerang, but only on its return to TL. Not good to do this next to him though.

Hopefully someone more qualified in the matchup comes in and gives better advice!

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Aw man, I was gonna comment on the Zelda vs. Pika vid, but then I saw it was wifi.

And Zelda is dumb easy to use on wifi Pikachu. Unless they play super extreme campy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom