• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda Using Light Arrows (Final Smash Picture)

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
lol, I almost feel like our little community here is under attack from the outside. It's getting dangerous to say anything but "SHEIKZORZ" anymore ;) .

Just kidding guys. Glad to have new faces in the discussions.
Lol!
Know what you mean. Seems our little community will become rather crowded if Sheik is confirmed ;]

TidalSpiral

Smash Journeyman
Zelda may not necessarily have two FS's, all of Pokémon Trainer's pokémon shared the same final smash, who knows what the final smash will be.

On the note of Sheik's appearance, I was hoping she'd look like that. Otherwise, I'd have a Canon problem with seeing TP Zelda transform into OoT Sheik. However, I'd have no qualms if Sheik was a separate character.
Still makes me laugh to see someone concerned about character continuity in a Smash Bros game. Not that I don't get why but I mean, rules are broken left and right in this game. As long as she turns into something Sheik-like it works for me.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
So this confirms Shiek in Brawl right? I knew she be in.

EDIT: Also an interview said Sheik and Ganondorf had models ready for the game.

Zelda may not necessarily have two FS's, all of Pokémon Trainer's pokémon shared the same final smash, who knows what the final smash will be.
They also all shared the same name and Dojo profile. Zelda/Sheik is more like Samus and Zero Suit Samus, and they have different Final Smashes.

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
**** finally we get something about Zelda. It's quite sad though that it had to be from an outside source rather then the dojo. Hmmm wait if Sakurai knows maybe he will update her seeing as we now know it, only hope. Anywho it's awesome and I can't wait till it gets a update to see better pics. Light arrows, did it really need over 6 months to reveal.:ohwell:

Oh yeah and she better have good aim since there shouldn't be any sharp turns anywhere.:p

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Latios, Latias, Torchic, Kyogre, Gardevoir, Sea Urchin, Spring Board, Deku Nut, Thunderbolt, Zero Suit Samus's Final Smash, Advance Wars, Jill, Metroid and a whole bunch of other things say HI.
Difference is, Zelda's been over-due ANY kind of update for nearing 7 months.

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
Latios, Latias, Torchic, Kyogre, Gardevoir, Sea Urchin, Spring Board, Deku Nut, Thunderbolt, Zero Suit Samus's Final Smash, Advance Wars, Jill, Metroid and a whole bunch of other things say HI.
Never thought of those, though I was actually taking the idea after the whole Snake TGS thing cause after that we got a whole bunch of stuff on Snake. May not be the same thing but whatever. Plus I did say hope, cause as Soluble Toast said we Zelda users have been suffering for over 6 months.

Iris

Smash Ace
Also, the CoroCoro cards were commisioned by the team, filming at E4All was not, so anything there didn't have to be updated in a timely fashion as it is considered still unknown.

blink777

Smash Journeyman
I've gotta stop disagreeing with you ;).

Clearly Sakurai's been keeping everything Zelda under wraps. So much so that he hasn't updated her profile, hasn't included her in any demo, and hasn't shown her Down-B or Final Smash in any videos.

None of the things you posted were nearly as big or hidden as what we've uncovered on Zelda.

Iris

Smash Ace
Granted, a TP designed Sheik and Light Arrow FS isn't exactly a 6-month worthy surprise. hell, it's not even a surprise.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Granted, a TP designed Sheik and Light Arrow FS isn't exactly a 6-month worthy surprise. hell, it's not even a surprise.
Exactly. Both were expected.
Sheik better be greatly visually improved, and not just a couple of "twilight" patterns here and there, and brunette hair =/

Light arrows. Pah. I think everyone that had an ounce of knowledge about Zelda knew that was going to be her Final Smash.

Sakurai's way of saying " SURPRISE! ZELDA'S UNCHAGED! LOLZ@ WAITING 6 MONTHS FOR NOTHING GUYZ!" ?

xD

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
Exactly. Both were expected.
Sheik better be greatly visually improved, and not just a couple of "twilight" patterns here and there, and brunette hair =/

Light arrows. Pah. I think everyone that had an ounce of knowledge about Zelda knew that was going to be her Final Smash.

Sakurai's way of saying " SURPRISE! ZELDA'S UNCHAGED! LOLZ@ WAITING 6 MONTHS FOR NOTHING GUYZ!" ?

xD
Well, even if it was revealed tomorrow, you would still be waiting until the game's release.

balladofwindfishes

Smash Journeyman
those are minor trifles, this is a playable character, so if you want those examples...
DK and Sonic

Iris

Smash Ace
Both revealed after Zelda and had their info revealed before this.

There are no comparisons. Zelda alone has been purposely neglected. Hopefully we can find out why soon and not just assume the underwhelming leaked information is why.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Well, even if it was revealed tomorrow, you would still be waiting until the game's release.

What..?
Why would I have to wait until the release if it were to be revealed tomorrow, I would only have to wait until tomorrow to know O.o

Aki-toriko

Smash Apprentice
I agree with the comments posted that its a bit anti-climatic if we've been waiting all this time to find out Zelda hasn't been changed whatsoever. I mean there really wasn't much point in keeping us all in the lurch if at the end of it all Zelda and Sheik are exactly the same. The only logical reason for it I can think of is if Sheik has been given such a radical redesign it was worth tucking away.

But then again, they did pull a smilar stunt with Zelda last time, hell we didn't even know Zelda herself was playable until a few weeks before release IIRC. Maybe Sakurai is keeping with tradition, or maybe there is one final twist in the saga of Sheik, or maybe Sakurai needs no reason and follows no logic.

I was one of those kinda hoping Zelda and Sheik would be seperated, but hey if it frees up another character slot I suppose its best to let sleeping dogs lie. And hopefully Sheik will come with an awesome new TP redesign, so go on then Sakurai, convince me

KaptKRool

Smash Apprentice
Where the St Lawrence meets Lake Ontario (Tibbets
Well, there goes almost all the "prophet leaks", since almost every one of them listed Shiek as either not in the game, a seperate character, or playable through FS transformation.

Also, this opens up new speculation, what is Shiek's FS, and what are the moves of the characters we don't know yet?

Does anybody know of a fully translated source so we can read what all the character's full movesets are?

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
No Midna was separate character in twilight princes i believe anouma (sorry for the spelling) in a interview he has already worked on the designs for sheik and ganandorf with sakurai

Just because designs have been sent in to Sakurai does NOT mean that those designs will be included in the final product. I dont know how many times we have to say this. If i sent a really bad design for a shoe made on paint and sent it into Nike, would it be, guarenteed, produced? Didnt think so.

Also yes, Midna WAS a seperate 'character', but if you payed attention to the storyline, you would understand that Zelda sacraficed her spiritual being in order for Minda to survive ~ an attack attack of pure light/in Hyrule.
Both Midna and Zelda where ONE 'being' for a large portion of the story.

Of course the idea of Midna being Zelda's transformation astounds me, and i dont take it seriously for a second. Most likely, a redesign of Shiek or the inclusion of 'Cloaked Zelda' would be the transformation.

Why? At what other point do you see Zelda in Twilight Warped Hyrule when she isnt Cloaked?

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
But maybe Zelda won't switch to Sheik... her move in Melee was Transform, why not keep it named Transform? Even then, why not name it Twilight Transform? Now, the Pokemon Trainer's Down B is Pokemon CHANGE.... Are you thinking what I'm thinking? I dunno guys, but we *MIGHT* be surprized after all.

I'm half expecting Sheik, half expecting something else.

Pokec

Smash Journeyman
I think it was just the translation that makes it sound weird as "twilight Change"

Perhaps the American version will be Twilight Transform.....or something similar....considering Sheiks design WOULD be in a TP style.

blink777

Smash Journeyman
Just to reiterate (again): the only translation we have so far is "Twilight Change" like in "Pokemon Change". While it's still most likely the case, we have no definitive proof that Zelda need "transform" to "change". The "Sheik" that people are seeing in the image could just be in there as a basis of comparison to her Melee move.

But like I've said (many times), I still think the move entails Sheik. It's just that our current translation doesn't deconfirm everything else. Though as Pokec said, it could just be a translation error (I'm betting on this).

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Brawl Central reports that the translation on the front of the card says:

"Twilight Change (Original Twilight version of Shiek transformation)" A rough translation says "Twilight version Seek Transformation". Seek is the Japanese version of Shiek, so there ya go. We have multiple translators confirming this.
So... there ya go. It's just a new name for her old down B. The only difference is that Shiek will have a totally new look.

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
Umm... Hate to bust the Anti Sheik Bubble but it's only called Transform in America... In Dairanto Smash Bros. DX (Melee in Japan), the move is called "Sheik Change!"

SAMaine

Smash Journeyman
Besides, if Twilight Change wasn't supposed to be a Sheik Transformation, do you think they would've clarified it with what essentially means "Tranformation to Sheik, who had a Twilight Princess redesign"

Luthien

Smash Ace
I'm new to the whole Coro coro thing. Is it a reliable source?

Anyway, I'm still expecting some surprises. Even though transform is 98% likely to be in Brawl, there are lots of things the developers can change. I'm a little sad inside, though. The transformation wasn't very good in Melee, so I wonder what they've altered.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Besides, if Twilight Change wasn't supposed to be a Sheik Transformation, do you think they would've clarified it with what essentially means "Tranformation to Sheik, who had a Twilight Princess redesign"
See, that I didn't know....

Well... Sheik confirmed. I might dust off my Zelda/Shiek game if they actually made it workable this time around.

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
My hat goes off to whoever can read that Japanese, because it is illegible in that picture. Nobody can possibly read that. And it also includes a fair amount of kanji. If I'm not mistaken, all of Zelda's special attacks should be written in katakana, not kanji. What does that mean? That moveset in the first post is likely fake.
Yeah I couldn't read it either... and the amount of kanji seems kinda weird to just be talking about her special moves...

Though if I may say, if it is true and her new Down B is Twilight Change, then I don't see why Zelda would turn into Sheik... I mean if it was Sheik one could easily keep the name "Transform"... but whatever I guess, the blurry pic of her using the light arrows looks pretty cool. ^^

I'm a supporter of Zelda being a good standalone character, but I guess that won't happen?... I dunno... meh. ^^;

Baka_Shade

Smash Apprentice
My hat goes off to whoever can read that Japanese, because it is illegible in that picture. Nobody can possibly read that. And it also includes a fair amount of kanji. If I'm not mistaken, all of Zelda's special attacks should be written in katakana, not kanji. What does that mean? That moveset in the first post is likely fake.
Out of curiosity, what's the reasoning for that (why it should be in katakana)?

Top Bottom