• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda Using Light Arrows (Final Smash Picture)

47drift

Smash Journeyman
I'm honestly hoping Twilight Change means she gets possessed like in Twilight Princess.

And maybe he could be creative with it. Like, she gets slightly more powerful when possessed, but if used for a long period of time, percentile damage starts to increase.

Iris

Smash Ace
I think a Sheik moveset and transformation style is all that's confirmed. I still have my doubts that we'll be seeing our dear skin-tight transvestite ninja. Why would they rework the special's name and suddenly call the designs original? The cloak is seeming equally likely now, especially since a transformation which were to at all resemble our OoT Sheik is no excuse for a half-year long Zelda dry spell.

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
Twilight Change? Yeah doesn't really sound like Sheik to me. I am quite satisfied with her FS however. I was hoping Light Arrows would make it as a Special mainly because I thought as an FS it would be incredibly lame, however if that picture is legit, it actually looks pretty **** awesome.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
Oh c'mon, even if it's almost confirmed people are still having doubts. I'm not sure, but it may just be the fact that people don't want it in rather than it possibly being out. Sure, it is weird that it's Twilight Change (whatever it's called) but if you ask me, it's probably because it sounds cooler. And if it was that Zelda changed into Cloaked Zelda, I would be happy with that.

I was hoping Light Arrows would make it as a Special mainly because I thought as an FS it would be incredibly lame, however if that picture is legit, it actually looks pretty **** awesome.
Heck Yes :]

NeoZ

Smash Ace
How do you think it will be(light arrows)? Like Mario's and Samus'?
I think it may be like a Snake+Mario thing, you can shoot at will but they're fast horizontal shots just not that tall.

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
I just have trouble accepting the fact that we've waited half a year to find out she um... hasn't.. changed..

I.. don't get it..

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
How do you think it will be(light arrows)? Like Mario's and Samus'?
I think it may be like a Snake+Mario thing, you can shoot at will but they're fast horizontal shots.
I was wondering that too, I doubt we'd get to control it and I hope that it's more than one arrow. If it is just one arrow, it might be kind of like a Link/Metaknight thing, where you have to be horizontal for it to connect but if it does it does huge damage and almost guaranteed KO.

Eagle

Smash Lord
I think she'll transform into that picture of her with the cloak on. It makes sence to me. ^_^

The reason for this is because she is in the Twilight Realm and she hasn't changed into a spirit or beast or anything.

dragon duce

Smash Cadet
I decided to post this where it should be so here it is:

The translation reveals her moveset.

Nayru's Love
Farore's Wind
Din's Fire
Twilight Change

Final Smash: Light Arrows.

Source of translation:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9261535&postcount=52026
it actually means

"Eldin's Fire, Lanaryu's Love, Faron's Wind, and Twilight Change."

i got it from this: http://brawlcentral.com/
"Zelda's Final Smash has been leaked. Her Final Smash is the Light Arrow. The reason we know this is not her B move is because the background around her is dark and she has the "Final Smash aura" around her entire body and bow. This means the move is not a special move. As said in a previous update, we wouldn't be reporting on any of the leak stories unless we had confirmation, but this seems like its real...Zelda's four specials are listed on the front of the card as "Eldin's Fire, Lanaryu's Love, Faron's Wind, and Twilight Change." The thing is, Zelda doesn't have a twilight change in Twilight Princess. The translation for the final Special move reads: "Twilight Change (Original Twilight version of Shiek transformation)" A rough translation says "Twilight version Seek Transformation". Seek is the Japanese version of Shiek, so there ya go. We have multiple translators confirming this."

"# Zelda's Final Smash is the "Light Arrow" It delivers massive damage to whoever is line up with the shot horizonatally.
# Zelda's Down Special is not shown on her CoroCoro Card. All specials are listed for every other character, except Zelda. Her previously known three specials are confirmed. I think this pretty much confirms Shiek anyway. "

Drake3

Smash Ace
I just have trouble accepting the fact that we've waited half a year to find out she um... hasn't.. changed..
I was just thinking that.

And it seems that they've tried Twilighting her moveset in name with the post above mine. If they're using Lanayru instead of Nayru that kind of severs the connection to OoT.

PEACHYprincess

Smash Apprentice
zelda's final smash is awesome!
her bow and arrows are HUGE! but I'm glad someone has finally posted this. now people cant say "I dont think Sheik will be returning"

PEACHYprincess

Smash Apprentice
Zelda may not necessarily have two FS's, all of Pokémon Trainer's pokémon shared the same final smash, who knows what the final smash will be.

On the note of Sheik's appearance, I was hoping she'd look like that. Otherwise, I'd have a Canon problem with seeing TP Zelda transform into OoT Sheik. However, I'd have no qualms if Sheik was a separate character.
zelda does have two final smashes because when she is in her zelda form, she shoots light arrows. so that would have to mean shiek has his own. it's the same as samus and zero suit samus. they both have two final smashes.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Yeah, that's right we're getting 2 Final Smashes.
Also, lol on that typo both have 2 lol.

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
I just had a horrible, horrible thought.
What if Sheik were in every way better than Zelda, except for FS in which Zelda had the superior. Zelda users would proudly display their superior FS, but those cunning Sheik users would transform on the appearance of a Smash Ball and use Zelda's superior FS. Suddenly Zelda's best quality is stripped of her yet again and there is nothing Zelda users can do about it.

I shudder thinking of it.

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
What if Sheik were in every way better than Zelda, except for FS in which Zelda had the superior. Zelda users would proudly display their superior FS, but those cunning Sheik users would transform on the appearance of a Smash Ball and use Zelda's superior FS. Suddenly Zelda's best quality is stripped of her yet again and there is nothing Zelda users can do about it.

Sakurai would have thought of this. I can imagine the smash ball would have been 'banked' in a way so the transformation to Zelda would result in Zelda having no smash ball, and Shiek having the smash ball. They are two different characters after all (gameplay wise).

Zek

Smash Ace
Doesn't anyone have a link to the original source for that card? Sheik isn't really confirmed unless we can determine that the translation is reliable, since the picture itself is actually illegible.

Brav3r

Smash Journeyman
what if when sheik activates her final smash she
tranformed into zelda and then uses the light arrows

i think that would solve the multiple final smash

albinoguy11

Smash Cadet
Amazing find! But Zek you are right the picture itself is illegible.
I was hoping Sheik and Zelda would be separate characters but seeing as Sheik hasn't been featured in a game for a while(unless you count cloaked Zelda in twilight princess) Its not likely to happen. Its absolutely killing me waiting to find out what the official rosters going to be.

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai would have thought of this. I can imagine the smash ball would have been 'banked' in a way so the transformation to Zelda would result in Zelda having no smash ball, and Shiek having the smash ball. They are two different characters after all (gameplay wise).
Well I meant change into Zelda to acquire the Smash Ball, but I suppose doing that requires much more skill with Zelda to compete with others for the Smash Ball than simply pressing Up+B..

Still, I shudder.

Zek

Smash Ace
go to: http://brawlcentral.com/

the whole article is translated there.
No, it isn't. All they did is regurgitate what they've been told. If Panda is right then there's no way anybody could have read all that off the card, and it doesn't look like names of her moves. It seems like the info actually came from text accompanying the leak, which is why there's a question about whether or not it's reliable. For all we know the picture was only taken to show Zelda's final smash, and whoever posted it tagged on the specials for kicks.

Arteen

Smash Lord

Maybe, the Zelda fans could simply enjoy playing as Zelda? No one is forcing them to transform into Sheik. If everyone else used Sheik instead of Zelda, it really wouldn't be any different than if everyone used Fox or Marth instead of Zelda.

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
Maybe, the Zelda fans could simply enjoy playing as Zelda? No one is forcing them to transform into Sheik. If everyone else used Sheik instead of Zelda, it really wouldn't be any different than if everyone used Fox or Marth instead of Zelda.
Argh. I am sure everyone is well aware that they are not forced to play characters other than of their choosing (except in SSE). That is completely not the problem. Try to see past that. I don't care about Fox or Marth players because neither Fox nor Marth detract from Zelda's character. The thing that irks most Zelda soloers is that the titular character of an entire series is significantly worse than a cameo appearance of a useless character in the original game.

Iris

Smash Ace
If the goddess spells really have been renamed, Sheik's chances will have plummeted. Why keep an OoT move when you're clearly trying to change directions? I'll guess the last special translates into "Twilight Change: A Twilight (Princess) version of the Sheik transformation," making cloaked Zelda that much more likely. Though I could be wrong, and they'll keep Sheik despite severing the other OoT ties, but I see it as very redundant.

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
Argh. I am sure everyone is well aware that they are not forced to play characters other than of their choosing (except in SSE). That is completely not the problem. Try to see past that. I don't care about Fox or Marth players because neither Fox nor Marth detract from Zelda's character. The thing that irks most Zelda soloers is that the titular character of an entire series is significantly worse than a cameo appearance of a useless character in the original game.
Thats exactly our view on the sirtuation. Well said :laugh:

Iris

Smash Ace
Precisely, though the fact that she's not just herself is irritating too.

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
Which is why I can't believe Sakurai's stupidity when it comes to Zelda. Sheik had her time to shine in Melee, it's time to move on.

PEACHYprincess

Smash Apprentice
i disagree. sheik is loved by so many people including me. i love the fact the shiek is in the smash series. just because zelda's outfit is from TP doesnt mean we cant use characters, moves, etc. from OOT.

Iris

Smash Ace
By the way, looking at the google translations, the goddess spells have definitely been given TP names. Confirmed.

Edit: Sheik's loved, yeah, but 95% of the people who love her only initially did because of her performance in Melee.

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
I know. I'm not saying OoT should have no impact, it was one of the greatest Zelda games ever. But seriously, honestly, truly, can you say that after playing OoT, Sheik was one of the most incredibly memorable characters for you? If you can honestly say she/he was, just realize that I highly doubt that's anywhere near the majority's opinion.

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
i disagree. sheik is loved by so many people including me. i love the fact the shiek is in the smash series. just because zelda's outfit is from TP doesnt mean we cant use characters, moves, etc. from OOT.
Nobody uses that argument. The TP Zelda, like Link, is not the same Zelda that was in OoT, giving no reason for her to transform into Sheik.

Iris

Smash Ace
Yeah, if Cloaked Zelda appears then Zelda will technically no longer be universal.

PEACHYprincess

Smash Apprentice
I know. I'm not saying OoT should have no impact, it was one of the greatest Zelda games ever. But seriously, honestly, truly, can you say that after playing OoT, Sheik was one of the most incredibly memorable characters for you? If you can honestly say she/he was, just realize that I highly doubt that's anywhere near the majority's opinion.
for me sheik was memorable.
In OOT, you just turned into adult link, there is a cool looking man following you around helping you threw your quest and then you find out it is zelda! that was such a memorable part of OOT. thats my opinion.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Can't wait for a new better quality picture. It looks sweet, some details would be nice. Like if it homes or if its like Mario's FS?

I might continue to be a Zelda main besides Krystal.

-Onyx

Top Bottom