• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda Using Light Arrows (Final Smash Picture)

Xarias

Smash Journeyman
I actually would prefer Cloaked Zelda over Sheik. Why?

Just imagine Cloaked Zelda kicking butt, and her cloak is trailing behind her every move. When I think Cloaked Zelda in Brawl, I think Assassin's Creed.

Cloaked Zelda FTW

Illyasvel

Smash Apprentice
Am I the only one who can see Pandas with big katanas post?

If someone who can read Japanese says that's not possible to read.. why there's so much speculation =( sure the pic shows the final smash, but the special moves... we'll have to wait a bit more. But I guess Sheik is a-shoe-in, even two :estatic:

Rakae

Smash Rookie
Look I don't post much here but I feel I must, mostly because I luz Loz

I can understand the the sadness of Zelda players to lose the down and B attack but you gain another move set that is completely different.

sheik rocks so hard, OOT would not have been half the game it was with out sheik.

Playing the Bolero of Fire in front of the fire temple still OMG awesome!

I am not a sheik player in smash brothers I just happen to love the Zelda series more than any other game series ever. When they made Zelda a warrior in Sheik how could you not love that.

Sheik is a large part of the Zelda legend that makes Zelda a lot more interesting than just some princess that needs saving. (Example: Tetra)
Even Midna was way cooler in TP than Zelda was and I hate saying that.

As the legend keep being retold I feel that this aspect of Zelda will continue.

However I hope they have reworked the timing on Zeldas moves to make her better.

Iris

Smash Ace

If someone who can read Japanese says that's not possible to read.. why there's so much speculation =( sure the pic shows the final smash, but the special moves... we'll have to wait a bit more. But I guess Sheik is a-shoe-in, even two :estatic:
Because the picture was obviously uploaded by some one, so if they typed what it said out, it could be widely believed. I'm assuming everyone's translating something typed out by whoever took the picture.

Also, if it's too blurry to read, how can you tell if it's one language or another? The symbols are fairly similar in both, correct? Unless of course kanji is letters and not symbols.

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
panda is right that there's kanji there. but that doesn't = fake.

i'm assuming Chris has someone in japan who got the CoroCoro issue and is translating the card. so the source CAN read it, even though we cannot because the pic is lousy.

basically, whoever took the crappy pic can read it and is the source.

i stand by chris on this and believe this report.

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
No.....just...just no.
In no way does Sheik make Zelda more interesting, its only a character thats attached to her that shouldn't be. Thing being, if Sheik was never in Melee, I wouldn't have to worry about her being in Brawl :/

Hence the name "Legend of Zelda"
Not "Legend of Zelda/Sheik:"

Dynamism

Smash Lord
if it wasn't for Melee, Shiek wouldn't be playable in Brawl. She isn't an important character to the whole series to keep her around.
This is true...but come on ;)
*wow, some argument I have there*

By the way, looking at the google translations, the goddess spells have definitely been given TP names. Confirmed.

Edit: Sheik's loved, yeah, but 95% of the people who love her only initially did because of her performance in Melee.
TP names? AWESOME!!!!!

I think I'm part of the 5% then. I saw Sheik on the back of the melee cover standing on Onett facing Ness and I think I danced :laugh:
I'm serious :embarrass

I know. I'm not saying OoT should have no impact, it was one of the greatest Zelda games ever. But seriously, honestly, truly, can you say that after playing OoT, Sheik was one of the most incredibly memorable characters for you? If you can honestly say she/he was, just realize that I highly doubt that's anywhere near the majority's opinion.
I agree with the fact that most people didn't find her SUPER memorable, but she was a large part and is now almost a historical Zelda and Nintendo character because of her "important" role.

Nobody uses that argument. The TP Zelda, like Link, is not the same Zelda that was in OoT, giving no reason for her to transform into Sheik.
This argument doesn't really go with or against anything. The same argument is used to discourage CSLink lovers because Link and YLink ARE the same. It's just a dumb complicated concept.

Can't wait for a new better quality picture. It looks sweet, some details would be nice. Like if it homes or if its like Mario's FS?

I might continue to be a Zelda main besides Krystal.

-Onyx
Main them both ;)
I'll ditto both of them and battle you ;)

Just imagine Cloaked Zelda kicking butt, and her cloak is trailing behind her every move. When I think Cloaked Zelda in Brawl, I think Assassin's Creed.

Cloaked Zelda FTW
QFT!!!!!!!!!
too bad we can't have both :psycho:

Look I don't post much here but I feel I must, mostly because I luz Loz

I can understand the the sadness of Zelda players to lose the down and B attack but you gain another move set that is completely different.

sheik rocks so hard, OOT would not have been half the game it was with out sheik.

Playing the Bolero of Fire in front of the fire temple still OMG awesome!

I am not a sheik player in smash brothers I just happen to love the Zelda series more than any other game series ever. When they made Zelda a warrior in Sheik how could you not love that.

Sheik is a large part of the Zelda legend that makes Zelda a lot more interesting than just some princess that needs saving. (Example: Tetra)
Even Midna was way cooler in TP than Zelda was and I hate saying that.

As the legend keep being retold I feel that this aspect of Zelda will continue.

However I hope they have reworked the timing on Zeldas moves to make her better.
QFT!!!!!!!!!

Anywho, this isn't that thread so....That one pic we have of her and the bow is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also have to say that the Zelda vs Sheik thing is a great historical debate just as well ;)

And girl gamers FTW! I'm not a girl but I'm glad to see more girls. Especially in threads like this. Often guys are lame haha

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Well Smash's popularity IS incredibly important. Let's not forget that, if not for Melee, Fire Emblem would probably have never come to the West, and even if it was planned to happen eventually, noone can deny that Melee definitely helped it along. Brawl may help along the Mother series, and Melee also made Sheik more popular. It's not a crime.

To be honest I'm a little surprised at everyone's reactions. From the way we all argued about it a few months ago (ah, good times :D) I'd think more people would be a little more disappointed.

I think they WILL have a Final Smash each (Zelda and Sheik)

And you may doubt the Magazine translation, but keep in mind this has been on the net for a little while now (like 0.5 of a day or something) and in this time the people of the blagosphere can do amazing things. If it was fake it'll be found out soon enough.

One thing I'm certain of though:

Zelda's Final Smash IS a Light Arrow attack of some sort. That screen doesn't look fake to me at all, and the glow around Zelda says "Final Smash". It's undeniable if you ask me. Personally I believe this translation too.

It's already seeped into SmashWiki and Wikipedia. I mean... it's silly Sakurai has clearly wanted to keep Zelda under wraps for the longest time. Every other character (Even Olimar, only revealed earlier this week) has at least 1 move revealed. I think Sakurai wanted to keep Zelda's moveset a secret. Maybe he likes this new Sheik and tells only his bestest friends (like CoroCoro)

Aki-toriko

Smash Apprentice
Well to me there must be a reason why they've kept Zelda's moveset under wraps for so long. I don't really see the point of keeping us in the dark if all along they had changed 'nothing' about her. Most obvious would be if Sheik has been given a total redesign.

I think its pretty obvious now that Zelda has retained a transformation element to her moveset, and signs point to this being a redesigned Sheik The question that remains is how radical a change has happened to everyones favourite Sheikah? Has she retained her traditional look or will she look totally different. Is her moveset the same or have changes been made? Will this transformation even be called Sheik? Whatever the case we won't have much longer to wait.

Oh and I'm very happy with Zelda's FS, hopefully they'll reveal how it works in more detail very soon.

Drake3

Smash Ace

Cloaked Zelda FTW
I definitely agree. I want to see Assassin-Zelda running around pushing people off of roof-tops.

Logic>Pandas. As the two said before me, someone has to own the card.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
also, from looking at the other cards, it looks like her moveset list is on the other side of the card.
Her moveset's been revealed:

Eldin's Fire
Lanayru's Love
Faron's wind
Twilight Change.

Basically the same, except " Twilightized" to make Zelda seem more like TP Zelda.
We have no idea if " Twilight change" is transforming into Sheik, cloaked Zelda or anyone else though.

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
Her moveset's been revealed:

Eldin's Fire
Lanayru's Love
Faron's wind
Twilight Change.

Basically the same, except " Twilightized" to make Zelda seem more like TP Zelda.
We have no idea if " Twilight change" is transforming into Sheik, cloaked Zelda or anyone else though.
yeah, i know. but my post wasn't about that.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
yeah, i know. but my post wasn't about that.
Ah, sorry mis-understood xD

Another to note about that translation though. People are saying the " Seek" Part of the translation is Japanese for Sheik. It's not. It's Shiiku =/

Pokec

Smash Journeyman
No.....just...just no.
In no way does Sheik make Zelda more interesting, its only a character thats attached to her that shouldn't be. Thing being, if Sheik was never in Melee, I wouldn't have to worry about her being in Brawl :/

Wouldnt Sheik be considered part of the Legend of Zelda, considering in the history of Zeldas, one of em had this magical ability?

To me, that indeed sounds itneresting.

And yes, the games are called "The Legend of Zelda", but you are not even Zelda. You're Link.

On a side note, Im starteing to doubt if Sheik is in TP. I mean, what if we get the Human Midna, since Zelda is Light and Midna is supposedly the Twili. It'd be the whole "two sides to one coin" thing that they mentioned in TP.

I hope not.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Wouldnt Sheik be considered part of the Legend of Zelda, considering in the history of Zeldas, one of em had this magical ability?

To me, that indeed sounds itneresting.

And yes, the games are called "The Legend of Zelda", but you are not even Zelda. You're Link.

On a side note, Im starteing to doubt if Sheik is in TP. I mean, what if we get the Human Midna, since Zelda is Light and Midna is supposedly the Twili. It'd be the whole "two sides to one coin" thing that they mentioned in TP.

I hope not.
Yes. She would. I'm sure if someone were to re-tell the story of OOT, Sheik would be mentioned somewhere in the legend, like " The princess disguised herself as a Sheikah to escape the Dark King's grasp" Maybe not important enough to the Legend to be named.

Meh. I think Sheik is likely.
It seems stupid for Zelda and Midna to switch Mid battle. They shared a heart in TP, but that's hardly an excuse to make them a tag team. Link, and Midna would be more likely to be a tag team.

I honestly think it's a contest between Sheik, and Cloaked Zelda atm.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Hmm.. shiiku sounds awefully close to shiek to me. Keep in mind that translations are not always perfect.
The translation apparently calls her " Seek"

Her real Japanese name is Shiiku.
They never mentioned Shiiku

kilroy

Smash Journeyman
The translation apparently calls her " Seek"

Her real Japanese name is Shiiku.
They never mentioned Shiiku
that could be an issue with the romaji the translator chose. if he went a more casual, phoentic route instead of a more traditional system.

Shiiku and Siiku are both acceptable romanizations. i could see someone writing "Seek" because it sounds similar, and just cutting off the essentially vestigial final vowel.

*shrug*

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
No.....just...just no.

Well it's a unique character with an original moveset. So in your opinion just throw original moves out the window?

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
Well it's a unique character with an original moveset. So in your opinion just throw original moves out the window?
Seriously, man.

Sheik haters present no argument as to why Sheik should be removed in Brawl other than "because I hate her" or "because she stole Zelda's spotlight".

If Zelda plays anything like she did in Melee (which appears to be the case based on various pics and vids we've seen at Jump Festa and the Dojo), she will suck whether she is attached to Sheik or not.
Sheik will be present in Brawl in some form or another. Count on it.

Iris

Smash Ace
Yeah, clearly Sheik is a relevant persona in LoZ who's constantly thickening plots and keeping Zelda out of trouble. I can't imagine why they named the seies after Zelda instead.

No one hates Sheik. Mostly because she lacks the personality to be hated since she's just a disguise. We just don't think she should be attached to Zelda since Sheik has no relevance to her outside of OoT, and it ruins the integrity of her to make some one-time disguise a pivotal point in her gameplay and Brawl personality when she herself is deserving of being a full-fledged character on her own.

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
Exactly Iris, you hit the point right on the nail.
It really stinks that Sheik had to be incooperated and attached to Zelda in Melee. If she wasn't, we wouldn't have to worry about her being a transformation of Zelda in Brawl. That way Zelda could be the full fledged character that she deserves to be. Not just some "unique transformation character" that no one even used in the first place. People actually made it sound like they used both of the characters, when in all seriousness, its pretty likely that that stuck to Sheik 70% of the time, and switched to Zelda when they got knocked off for her better vertical recovery. Oh yeah, thats real "unique"

No one can freaking say that Zelda was an awesome character in Melee, compared to Sheik, she was absolute trash, but yet SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many people wanted her to stay as a transformation so they could use both characters. Yeah, right.

People only pulled for her inclusion simply because she was pretty broken in Melee. Because of that, she just HAD to be included in Brawl.

Mediator

Smash Journeyman
honestly i rarely used sheik, mainly b/c when I play as sheik I LOSE! dont know why, it just happens
but i would win every time i used zelda and b/c of that im banned from using her when i play against my brother and since i suck with all the other char. we've quit playing all together.

so yeah now that i know there will be a zelda/sheik now im kinda sad b/c i really wanted to know what her down B was going to be with out transformation

Luthien

Smash Ace
Seriously, man.

Sheik haters present no argument as to why Sheik should be removed in Brawl other than "because I hate her" or "because she stole Zelda's spotlight".
When were you last in this forum? When the Light Arrow update was leaked? Sheik was in one game. One. Zelda has been in how many? All BUT one.

"Sheik haters" have had some pretty decent arguements, to be honest (the smart ones, anyway). How much sense does it really make to have Sheik in Brawl? Next to none. ESPECIALLY with the TP moveset names; it's been made pretty clear we've moved from OoT to TP.

Other arguements? *Insert Iris's post here*

More? Really, go look at the "This Zelda is really from OoT" thread and see if you can find any better arguements on Zelda's behalf. While you're at it, take a look at the "Zelda Appreciation Thread", and the "New Character: Zelda" thread too. THEN come say they have no decent arguements here.

Sheik owned in Melee. People have even come out and said that's the only reason they want him/her in Brawl. "Sheik lovers" arguements are just as stupid. Of course, not all "Sheik lovers" are like that, are they? So why do you assume all "Sheik haters" are, too?

If Zelda plays anything like she did in Melee (which appears to be the case based on various pics and vids we've seen at Jump Festa and the Dojo), she will suck whether she is attached to Sheik or not.
Once again, where have you BEEN? Take a look at RyokoYaksa's info thread, and watch the video of Zelda's gameplay. She's faster. So far, that's all we can TRULY determine (primids aren't the best power guinea pigs), but that speed bump is enough to fix almost all of Zelda's game.

Sheik will be present in Brawl in some form or another. Count on it.
True. And quite frankly, I don't mind. I am neither a Sheik lover, nor a hater. In fact, you will find very few (if any) haters in this forum. Some people have opinions, but just because they believe a person doesn't make sense in Brawl doesn't mean they hate them. SHOULD Sheik be in Brawl? Cold, hard logic dictates NO. Will s/he? Probably. This is Smash: Sakurai is allowed to bend the rules.

Just don't say people don't have any arguements, when in fact they do. Your logic seems to be: "Sheik should be in Brawl because some people on a forum said something stupid." You were just as bad as those "Sheik haters" right there.

And for the record, I will play Sheik even if s/he IS nerfed to the point of unplayability. Why? Because ninjas are awesome. Also, I will play Zelda if she's nerfed, too. Why? Because she's shown she can kick some serious butt in a dress. Not to mention the fact I can tell what gender she is.

End rant.

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
Sheik supporters only exist within the community that uses Zelda solely for recovery. Even non-Zelda players don't understand Sheik's inclusion as a character and why she's so **** good in Melee, albeit for slightly different reasons.

It's not that Sheik is hated, it's that Sheik is unwanted and ultimately unnecessary.

To be truly honest I don't think I've ever seen a reason why Sheik should be included other than your example of "It would be throwing a moveset away". Yes, of course because movesets are nonrenewable. I expect a complete drain of movesets by the end of the year 2012. No more SSB sequels, it seems.

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
When were you last in this forum? When the Light Arrow update was leaked? Sheik was in one game. One. Zelda has been in how many? All BUT one.

"Sheik haters" have had some pretty decent arguements, to be honest (the smart ones, anyway). How much sense does it really make to have Sheik in Brawl? Next to none. ESPECIALLY with the TP moveset names; it's been made pretty clear we've moved from OoT to TP.

More? Really, go look at the "This Zelda is really from OoT" thread and see if you can find any better arguements on Zelda's behalf. While you're at it, take a look at the "Zelda Appreciation Thread", and the "New Character: Zelda" thread too. THEN come say they have no decent arguements here.

Sheik owned in Melee. People have even come out and said that's the only reason they want him/her in Brawl. "Sheik lovers" arguements are just as stupid. Of course, not all "Sheik lovers" are like that, are they? So why do you assume all "Sheik haters" are, too?

Once again, where have you BEEN? Take a look at RyokoYaksa's info thread, and watch the video of Zelda's gameplay. She's faster. So far, that's all we can TRULY determine (primids aren't the best power guinea pigs), but that speed bump is enough to fix almost all of Zelda's game.

True. And quite frankly, I don't mind. I am neither a Sheik lover, nor a hater. In fact, you will find very few (if any) haters in this forum. Some people have opinions, but just because they believe a person doesn't make sense in Brawl doesn't mean they hate them. SHOULD Sheik be in Brawl? Cold, hard logic dictates NO. Will s/he? Probably. This is Smash: Sakurai is allowed to bend the rules.

Just don't say people don't have any arguements, when in fact they do. Your logic seems to be: "Sheik should be in Brawl because some people on a forum said something stupid." You were just as bad as those "Sheik haters" right there.

And for the record, I will play Sheik even if s/he IS nerfed to the point of unplayability. Why? Because ninjas are awesome. Also, I will play Zelda if she's nerfed, too. Why? Because she's shown she can kick some serious butt in a dress. Not to mention the fact I can tell what gender she is.

End rant.
In an epic way, this thread should be closed as of this post

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Luthien should post that on the first post of one of the two "No Zelda vs Sheik topic" threads ;)

I REALLY enjoy fighting people with Zelda when they have no clue what Zelda does (like forgetting she reflects projectiles). And it's always fun to screw with heads but switching characters in the middle of battle, often.

Sheik FTW! Why? and Why not? Who cares!

pyroroth

Smash Journeyman
Well as long as they buff zelda and nerf shiek to where they are on the same page then you won't have to complain about people picking the better character of the two..

froggster93

Smash Rookie
Well as long as they buff zelda and nerf shiek to where they are on the same page then you won't have to complain about people picking the better character of the two..
Ya that's excatly what I'm thinking, if Zelda's faster, then perhaps she'll be equal to sheik, because the only reason sheik was better was because of her speed (i mean, that's why i love sheik..)

Oh, and I knew that zelda's final smash would be light arrows, it was just too obvious

Luthien

Smash Ace
Ya that's excatly what I'm thinking, if Zelda's faster, then perhaps she'll be equal to sheik, because the only reason sheik was better was because of her speed (i mean, that's why i love sheik..)

Oh, and I knew that zelda's final smash would be light arrows, it was just too obvious
The two will never be equal. Nintendo insists on giving them different attributes, so one will naturally be better than the other. This is because some attributes are worth more. In Melee, the most valuable attribute was speed. Brawl won't be much different; the concept of the game hasn't changed much from it's predecessor's.

No longer directed at you, Froggster:
The fact that the two being aren't equal is important becuase they are connected; this takes up a moveslot for each persona. That reason is why people WANT the two to be equal. (This is an argument-counter to unavoidable the "Other characters aren't equal, so stop complaining" arguement. You can't compare Fox and Bowser to Zelda and Sheik, because at least the first two have full moveset. Zelda and Sheik are both at a disadvantage in that area.)

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord

End rant.
Who are you to say that Sheik shouldn't be in Brawl?
Do ALL the Zelda characters have to come from Twilight Princess? What if WW Link makes it in? Just because Link and Zelda are updated to their TP incarnations doesn't mean other Zelda characters can't get in. Do you honestly think that TP is the only relevant Zelda game now? And stop making it seem like Zelda is this all new character because she got a new costume and a few moves got renamed. She is still fundamentally the same Zelda.

Sheik doesn't bring down Zelda. They're separate characters with their own movesets. OK so Zelda has no down B. Would it REALLY make a difference? Would that one move make her an amazing character? Rather unlikely. Zelda would've most likely sucked in Melee without Sheik and she would've been used just as little as she is now.
And who CARES how many games Sheik's been in?
Pit, Lucas and Ice Climbers all come from one game also. All rather unimportant games for that matter.
Sheik was a main character in the most popular Zelda game. Are you telling me that she deserves to be in less than these guys?

Now look at it from the perspective of a fighting game developer.
Why would Nintendo remove a widely used character with a great moveset? What does Sakurai stand to gain? That would be like removing Ken from Street Fighter.
Wouldn't that piss off more fans than it would please? Would that be a smart business move?

And my logic is not "Sheik should be in Brawl because some people on a forum said something stupid." My logic is that there isn't a good reason to remove Sheik and your personal feelings about her in terms of love or hate should not be used as an argument for her removal in Brawl.

EDIT: Yea I didn't see that the whole "moves renames" thing was false. So TP Zelda's moves still have their OoT names.

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
Do ALL the Zelda characters have to come from Twilight Princess? What if WW Link makes it in? Just because Link and Zelda are updated to their TP incarnations doesn't mean other Zelda characters can't get in. Do you honestly think that TP is the only relevant Zelda game now? And stop making it seem like Zelda is this all new character because she got a new costume and a few moves got renamed. She is still fundamentally the same Zelda.

Sheik doesn't bring down Zelda. They're separate characters with their own movesets. OK so Zelda has no down B. Would it REALLY make a difference? Would that one move make her an amazing character? Rather unlikely. Zelda would've most likely sucked in Melee without Sheik and she would've been used just as little as she is now.
Pit, Lucas and Ice Climbers all come from one game also. All rather unimportant games for that matter.
Sheik was a main character in the most popular Zelda game. Are you telling me that she deserves to be in less than these guys?

Why would Nintendo remove a widely used character with a great moveset? What does Sakurai stand to gain? That would be like removing Ken from Street Fighter.
Wouldn't that piss off more fans than it would please? Would that be a smart business move?

And my logic is not "Sheik should be in Brawl because some people on a forum said something stupid." My logic is that there isn't a good reason to remove Sheik and your personal feelings about her in terms of love or hate should not be used as an argument for her removal in Brawl.

EDIT: Yea I didn't see that the whole "moves renames" thing was false. So TP Zelda's moves are still have their OoT names.
Uhmm, well her name is Luthien to start off with ^.^

Because TP is a new game, and came out after Melee, its quite obvious that any character that was going to be implemented before TP came out would have been in Melee.

For the record my love, Sheik DOES bring Zelda down. Why does she bring Zelda down? Because the designers had the intention of BALANCING the two out, however, they did a terrible job of that. Basically, Zelda was supposed to be the "KO master" of the two, and Sheik the intense combo queen. Well, they did just that, but only made it fifty million times worse. Sheik could do everything Zelda couldn't. If they were just freelance characters, stats and playing styles wouldn't matter now would it?

Honestly, taking Sheik out would be a bad choice, separating her would be a good one. As been explained in previous topics, there is NO GOOD by simply revamping the pair as somone would STILL be better than the other. If they plan on mainting the "roles" that the two played in Melee, its bound to fail.

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
Who ever said that characters from other games weren't going to be in? I don't recall it. The issue is Sheik, not Tetra, Future Link, Navi, Tingle whatever. Don't try to compare apples and oranges. And who are you to decide whether Zelda is the same or not? We are saying that Zelda has the potential to be different this time around, and we are hoping that Sakurai sees that too. That is all. Brawl Zelda =/= Melee Zelda. If all the characters were the same as their Melee incarnates, there'd be no point for a sequel.

Sheik absolutely does bring down Zelda. Not because Zelda is lacking one move, but because Sheik wouldn't have been noticed/remembered/wanted for the SSB series if she weren't in. But now that she is, and was immensely popular for her pathetically easy playstyle, Zelda is now seemingly stuck with her for the end of time. Perhaps that frustrates the few who actually use the main character instead of the useless alter-ego?

Sheik's removal from Brawl would influence all of three people not to buy it.
Smart business move my fanny.

There also isn't a good reason to include Sheik! So she was popular in Melee, So were a whole host of characters that were popular in Melee, doesn't mean they'll all be in Brawl. Popularity doesn't guarantee inclusion. Face it, your reasons for Sheik's inclusion are based upon your feelings towards her as well.

Top Bottom