• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda Mafia! Town Wins! GGs to all

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I meant to say that it was up to you guys to figure out if J/Phantom was suspicious for not posting often enough
the question was "what do you think of phantom's inactivity" and your answer was "it's up to you guys to figure it out." ?

Speaking of J, he/she has not posted in forever, which now my point comes into play, which means he/she has some explaning to do as to waiting a looong time to post, even more than Swords.
i think this was what i forgot to say at the end of my post before.

Well, he hasn't explained why yet, so don't jump-the-gun.
so he still hasnt explained, yet you were able to agree with him? im pretty sure you were the gun-jumper in this situation.

I'm for town, anyway, what do you mean trying to "look" town?? LOL
but this is the part that i'm not sure about. i dont think you are for town. you are doing things in an attempt to look town, when you really arent.

It's easy to see why, correct? Does that not raise suspicion when someone ruthlessly questions you and blatanly threatens to lynch you? Does that not scream "wolf" to you? I don't care if he was gonna leave one vote off, he wanted my head, and I've returned the favor. He still needs to answer my remaining questions anyway.
wanted your head? he specifically stated, "dont lynch him". he was trying to pressure you. its a way to find scum. if you crack, then you look like scum. if you dont crack, then youre basically cleared as town.

and guess what? you cracked.

I felt like I was backed into a corner. I can't express how I feel? And that last statement really brings up my confidence, thank you so much. [/sarcasm]
after the slightest amount of pressure, you felt backed into a corner? maybe youre guilty of something and are blowing small attacks on you out of proportion? maybe youre scum?

It's irrelevant at this point, that's I meant there.
can you get a grammar clean up here, please.

Jumpman just bandwagoned. It's his choice. Our points are valid. You have to admit, he is at least suspicious, especially up to this point, with sketchy ways of playing Mafia, to acting like a wolf.
and my point was that he bandwagoned because he's your scumbuddy. and now youre defending him. so.... its only helping me prove my point.

Excuse me for being a noob. I had to find my way around this game, thats why you think I roll with what town rolls, which I dont, certainly not now. I have been solid, I have some support, and my solidity will grow as my questions get answered.
dont pull the noobcard in future games. itll get you lynched.

show me where you have been solid.

That makes me suspicious. Did you not remember on purpose, or was it you really forgot? What were you going to say there?
lol, yeah, i can totally tell you what i was going to say there. i mean, i know exactly what i was going to say, decided to completely remove it from my post, and pretend like i didnt remember.

what?

why would it be suspicious, anyway? your suspicion here doesnt make sense to me.

@gova: do you mean GW was expecting the "nice guy"? is the 'he' referring to GW?

Blaziking17

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RobeezyLnP
3DS FC
1547-5531-6535
@Gova, if you dont mind, could you elaborate on scumtells for all the noobs out there, please? I dont see how my behavior would hurt town. I was matching Swiss' harsh tone with mine.

Why should Swords have to get on J?

Swiss

Smash Lord
@ Gova - Adagio is town because he questioned why I called him town. He didn't just accept an out from an IC. At the time I said it had very little townvidence for my claim - it's how I work. He isn't clear (no NK's on him plz) but not on any scum list.

@ GW - You say you aren't a hindrance to town yet you refuse to answer a question asking for somthing you should have provided by yourself anyway. How would I ever be able to clear you as town in my mind if all you do is make these posts about me? You're not showing any willingness to solve the problem between us. As a townie you should be able to swallow your pride and play for the win. As scum you should try to be disruptive and give as few stances as possible - allowing you to push for the easiest lynch. I think you should answer that question I asked you.

@ BSL - could you answer your own #157 - thx.

IC copypasta input:

When chasing down a dangerous criminal, a policeman comes to a fork in the road. To the left is a dark alleyway where the criminal would have a moderate chance of escaping (even if the cop correctly follows him that direction). To the right is a well-lit boulevard where the criminal would surely be caught. The policeman doesn't know which way the criminal went. If he guesses wrong, the criminal will easily make a clean getaway.
If you were the criminal, which way would you go?
If you were the policeman, which way would you guess the criminal went?

WIFOM is circular logic with a dash of reverse psychology (or IS it reverse psychology?) Scum killed Swiss, he said Swords was scum - thus Swords killed him as he was onto him! But that's what scum WANT you to think - Swords thus is a townie! But what if he knew we'd think like this? So he IS scum! But what if scum were double guessing us at this stage? Means he IS town!....... ad infinitum

X1-12

Smash Champion
D1 Votecount - Deadline is Nov 11

GwJumpman (3), Swiss, Adagio, Gova
J (1), J
Blaziking17 (1) BSL
SkylerOcon (1) Sworddancer.
Swiss (1), GwJumpman,

Not Voting: SkylerOcon, Blaziking17

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Two things:

1. I answered your question last page Swiss. You're just trying to make me look like a wolf because I didn't answer at first.

2. After I get lynched, I think everyone will have a pretty good idea who's a wolf after all the effort that went in trying to lynch me.

Cape *****

Swiss

Smash Lord
You still are unable to take any firm or even tentative stances? What do you suggest could happen to change this?

If you were to be lynched and flip town, do you think I would be lynched tomorrow? Do you think town would recognise legitimate scumhunting? If you die toDay and ARE town, you leave us nothing other than 'WHAII IZ SWISS BEING SO MEAAAAAN?????" - so, if you are town, I repeat, take some stances or ask questions in order to take some. If you do not have a stance on someone you should endeavour to get one. Talk tot hem. Ask them questions. I see no evidence of you attempting to do so.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
It's pretty obvious at this point that no matter what I do, you either see it as me being scum, avoiding conflict, or bandwagoning. That's like kicking a kid down and making him cry then screaming at him to shut up; it doesn't work like that.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Try to get some stances then.

You'll need them.

So who do you want to hear more from? Question them on any discrepancies or something you don't understand in their play. Is there anyone you think may be avoiding the conversation?

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I don't think I need to point put the obvious fact that we need to hear from J, although Adagio's not talking much either.

X1-12

Smash Champion
J has been prodded. In future if you think a player should be prodded you may ask me and I will check their activity and send them a prod if necessary

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I'd just like to hear Adagio post and give his opinion on what's going on.

Before I comment further, I'd like to know this: Why do you and BSL keep grouping Blaziking and myself together?

As for BSL's case on Blaziking:
I don't think he's proven much. In fact, all that's really been proven is that some people here are good at word traps rather than actually milking information. That's what I honestly think.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
With J gone, we get Inferiority Complex. Care to make a post then when you get here?

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
While we're waiting then, do YOU think BSL and I are scumbuddies? If so, why?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
@ BSL - could you answer your own #157 - thx.
I think you're fine. GW and Blaziken are trying to make you look bad. IMO.

Can't multiquote from the phone. Multipost comin' up.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Before I comment further, I'd like to know this: Why do you and BSL keep grouping Blaziking and myself together?
You two keep defending each other. You basically grouped yourselves. Being grouped isn't necessarily a bad thing, IMO. It just is when both of you are acting really scummy...

As for BSL's case on Blaziking:
I don't think he's proven much. In fact, all that's really been proven is that some people here are good at word traps rather than actually milking information. That's what I honestly think.
like here. My case is working out perfectly. Blaziken is acting scummy, I point it out, and you defend.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Yea, sorry. I meant Blaziken

I didn't defend him either, I just don't think you roved much besides some word traps.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Sorry, what does flip town mean? Does that mean if I turn out to be a townie?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
BSL if one of them, say Jumpman, were to flip town - what would this imply of the other?
If jumpman flipped town, I wouldn't change my stance on Blaziken.

The main reason I think jumpman is scummy is because of his defending blaziken. If blaziken flipped town, I would back off of GW.

GW, you're defending blaziken, and he's defending you. Idk how you can deny it.

Which of my points are word traps?

Hey swords... Where's that post that you never posted? The one that got eaten when you exited the page. I mean... You've been here.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Blaziken only really seems 'scummy' because his responses aren't worded so well and you're capitalizing on that. I'm not defending him, that's just my observation.

Adagio

Smash Rookie
Posting as I read, you people have a lot of time Friday nights to post lol.

I deliberately ignored your post because of your attitude. Ask nicely for what you want.
Really? Do we need to say please and thank you any time we do something now?

@Adagio, earlier on in the game you stated that you believed I was not Mafia, but in your recent post, you now say that I alledgedly am part of the Mafia. What is it about my post that changed your mind? I'd be happy to clear up misconceptions regarding that.
Read it again. I said I can see you being Mafia, I'm not calling you Mafia. Your reactions can be seen as noobscum or simply a Townie unsure of what to do. I'm not blind to either possibility.

Liking BSL's case against Blaziking.

@BSL: Given you think Bking and Jumpman are buddies, who would you choose to lynch first of the two? Also, yeah I failed on putting 2&2 together on your no negative attention and death = loss thing. Sorry!

BSL's 157: I don't think Swiss's playstyle makes him look bad. Aggressiveness does not equal scumminess.

Bking 159: You're right, J hasn't posted in a while, forgot he was in the game. Where you at J?

Gova 160: Ok thanks for the opinions. I'm with you for the most part, want to hear more from Sworddancer. As far as Swiss seeing me as Town, it might have something to do with the way I answered his questions? I read it a few times and I still didn't know why.

Liking BSL's 161 as well, extension of previous case. BSL your answer to my question interests me even more.

Swiss 164: Hmm, seems like a strange way to determine my alignment but it's inconsequential for now.

@Gova, opinion on this?

I don't think I need to point put the obvious fact that we need to hear from J, although Adagio's not talking much either.
Really :glare:? Sorry I can't post all the time but I do have real life things to do as well. You're calling me out on nothing since I've been posting a lot of substance the entire game, just not as frequently as some people.

Page 12 is just Swiss and Jumpman back and forth, similar to when Blaziking argued with Swiss but with less substance it seems. It's starting to get annoying. There just seems to be a back and forth bickering war.

Again, I don't see the whole Swiss as the big scary boogieman. Yeah if you are put in a rough position, under a lot of pressure, it's difficult to get out but you need to try otherwise you look even worse. He's not being belligerent; he's just trying to see what people's opinions are about the people in the game and when people refuse or dance around his questions it looks bad!

Page 13: I like BSL's answers to Jumpman and I don't like Jumpman simply saying BSL is laying word traps and Bking's responses aren't "worded well" and that's what BSL is going after. BSL is not taking advantage of poor wording; his cases have legitimate points and are well thought-out.

@Blaziking and Jumpman, I understand neither of you like him but aside from Swiss does anyone else raise suspicions for you? What do you think about one another, particularly about alignment?

@J, Sworddancer and BSL: Who is the play toDay?

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I'm going to be honest about Bking: I can't really tell. In every game of wolf I've played, the real game started day 2 so we can look at who talked to the deceased et cetera. I haven't seen anything more than poorly worded responses and I can't say I've made some great ones either. Take this how you will.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Adagio, do you want my opinion on Swiss' 164 or GwJ's quote?

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
@Adagio in regards to posting. I have school, a job, and volunteer obligations. If I can post enough, so can you.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Yeah, while reading through, I believe BSL asked me what happened to my upcoming post. Well, thing is, I just went to bed before redoing it. =p

@Swiss: Ah, but I think you missed the main point of it all. What I was getting at is that I think you might have changed your posting style so to avoid me being able to read you (or at the very least, make it harder for me to). You see, I'm not used to you posting like this, so it's harder for me to read you posting like this, if that makes sense. Your posting style isn't relavent on your alignment, you're right about that. It's the fact that you CHANGED your posting style that bothers me.

You just trying out a new playstlye is believable, but I still see the possiblity of hidden motives here.

Btw, for those not in the know, Swiss usually posts in a much more obnoxious style. He purposely leaves out words, has bad grammer, and extremly strong reactions. He's definitly a lot more calm in this game, with a cleaner style of posting.

@Adagio and Swiss: Swiss, early in your 123 you asked me to take a hard stance against Bking. Adagio has asked me who the play is today. I guess I'll knock out two birds with one stone, because I believe Bking should be the play toDay. I hate Bking's play so far. He's jumpy, illogical, and contradictory. I also get the impression that this guy is trying to buddy me and others, which I will address in latter paragraphs. This guy has been playing just an anti-town game up until this point that I feel that he has to go. At the very least, it's way too dangerous to keep this guy around until endgame.

First of all, he's jumpy. I don't know if I really have to address this too much, since I'm sure most of everyone playing this game would agree with me. His 73 was the best example of this, and in general this guy has been so touchy about everything.

He's illogical. Once again, I don't really think I should waste too much time talking about, since most of everyone can see what I mean. He's been throwing stuff around without any real solid support. I pretty much address this up ahead, in my upcoming paragraphs.

He's contradicary. I have two examples of this. The first one is the issue in which he bandwagoned with me. This has kinda already been dealt with, so I won't go over it again.

The other example exists inbetween his posts 86 and his 159:

No offense, but if you don't like it, then I'm sorry. What would you do if you were backed into a corner? I lash out. That's just me, and it showed.
Self-meta, which I dislike by itself, but besides that in this post he implies enough experiance to have a distinat playstyle. However, in his 159:

Excuse me for being a noob. I had to find my way around this game, thats why you think I roll with what town rolls, which I dont, certainly not now. I have been solid, I have some support, and my solidity will grow as my questions get answered.
Ignoring the fact that he played the noobcard for now (which I dislike as much as I dislike self-meta), here he implies newbiness. So, he's experianced enough to know his playstyle, but not experianced enough just to take some stances (which I believe BSL was accusing him on and he was addressing). I sense him flip flopping, playing to whatever he thinks is safest.

Btw, to get this out of the way, I dislike self-meta because it's easy to frabicate, since a lot of the time there is no way to proof it. Anyone can say that they always play a certain way in a certain situation, and thus are of a certain alignment. It's too easy of a defense which doesn't provide any real solide evidance behind it.

I dislike the noob card for, more or less, the same reason. Too easy of a defense with no real way to proove it.

Also, this guy has been buddying me hardcore! His 148 and 139 are great examples of this. It's not even the fact that he finds me townie (town reads are, of course, perfectly fine), but it's more so that I get the impression from him that he's trying to hide behind me from Swiss. First, lets start with his 139:

It makes you out to be a wolf for eliminating town. You very much are at this point because you are starting to sound desparate now since you lost support from Sword.
How do you, Bking, get the impression that I ever supported Swiss? I know that, later on, you said that you sensed a "tone of camraderie" from me to Swiss, but I really don't see it. If he's talking about that friendly "bro talk" that I had with him earlier on, then that's nothing. How could it be so, when at that point in the game there was nothing to support him on? I think you kinda just made up this support I had for Swiss as a case against him.

Now that's really suspicious. I never thought you would crack that easily, Swiss, especially talking about one of your best supporters so far on Day 1. Do you instantly blame people as scum when you get called out for suspicion? And why a newer style of posting?
Here's what bothers me so much about Bking. He's trying to make it Sworddancer vs. Swiss rather then him vs. Swiss. I never really supported Swiss, and I don't believe there really is any sufficent evidance to support the notation that I supported Swiss. That said, Swiss has neither gained nor lost support from me.

Now on to his 148:

How do you know it was directly because of a prod dodge? If you actually stopped being lazy and read earlier posts, you would exactly know what I'm talking about. I inferred that Swords was voluntarily supporting your causes early on in Day 1 based on how his word choices showed a tone of camraderie between you two. As for Jumpman, even though he has been neutral so far in Day 1, his posts have substance, and he has given his honest opinion when asked. The problem is, Swiss, that you're getting fed up with Jumpman, so you keep attacking him with irrelevant and frankly, idiotic questions that basically lead nowhere, and he ended up making you look stupid. I know that's what you're apparently supposed to do in this game, but there's a right way, and a wrong way to go about it, and you're definitely going the wrong way.
Here, not only does he defend me, but he also defends Jumpman. It's important to note that he's defending him from swiss, supporting my idea that he's trying to win people over improperly. There's nothing wrong with trying to win support (afterall, how else would we lynch anyone?). It's just the way that he's going about it that's super scummy though. It appears to me that he's trying to get other people to fight his battle (even Sworddancer disagrees with you Swiss! You're attacking Jumpman for bad reasons, and they're fed up with it! Player X is not on you're side Swiss! ect.).

First of all, BSL seems harmless. Even though he was RSV'ing his first vote, he took a step back because his humor wasn't translating across the town. Second, once again, here is your desparation to eliminate me sticking out like a sore thumb. You can't sway these people that easily. I hope you realize that.
Just another example I noticed, this time of him defending BSL.

Here in his 159, he speaks in a gentle tone (compared to Swiss) to BSL, despite him taking a hard stance against him:

I don't understand, J and Phantom are technically different people, correct? I meant to say that it was up to you guys to figure out if J/Phantom was suspicious for not posting often enough, and that I believed it should be looked into further, that's what I meant by "to keep it in the back of your minds", so someone could question J later on. It wouldn't be enough to lynch regardless. I apologize if it sounded like I distanced myself. I assumed you guys would figure out my stance clearly, but from this game, I've learned that idioms and puns and sarcasm doesn't carry well here, and you can't infer stuff either.
Samething in his 139, but this time to me:

First, what is OMGUS?? Me "jumping" has already been established and is over with now. If you haven't read the top part of this long post, then the reason I bandwagoned with you for my first vote was what you described what Adagio was doing at that time. I see now that was a mistake. And why didn't you make yourself clear, Sword? What is your opinion on Adagio now, up to this point?
To answer your question, I'm getting a slight town read out of Adagio now. It's still reletively early, and anything can happen. It was my mistake not making myself clearer, so I apolize for that.

So in conclusion, BKing should be lynched toDay. Now, despite EVERYTHING I just said against him, I will admit to the possibility that Bking is just a newbie town. However, that excuse isn't going to cut it for me, as you could apply it to seven of the players in this game. Bking should not be kept around long at all, he's actng too scummy for the reasons above and thus will be dangerous to keep around (just because his alignment is always going to be questioned all game at this rate, and unless he pulls a complete 180 soon, I don't see that changing).

@Jumpman: How is being suspicious any different from being scummy? Explain why being suspicious doesn't mean scummy.

If you get flagged by a guy and he goes "Hey jack*ss! Help me find I98!", how would you react. I am not a hindrance to the town.
The thing is, you are a huge hindrance to town. Put your pride on the side, you're taking things way too personally. By refusing to take stances (which you had done a lot so far) it appears that you're trying to hide something, and that you're trying to avoid slipping. I would vote you, if it wasn't for the fact that I'm happy with my vote on Bking right now.

Play more like your 191 please (where you gave a clear stance).

@Gova: When I voted Skyler for inactivity, J wasn't really inactive (sure, he had less posts than Skyler, but he just replaced in). At this point in the game, I would definitly considering him inactive. However, right now I also I have a lot better leads than J. J is just inactive, and inactivity really isn't much of a lead at all. Heavily pursuing him really won't hold much weight, because he won't respond.

Idk why people are saying I'm inactive. This is probably one of my better games for activity (you guys are just going to have to trust me on this one). Besides, I contribute a lot when I post, and I'll say that's what matters the most.

---

This post took some time to make and is quite long, so I appolize ahead of time for any spelling or gramerical mistakes I made.

Swiss

Smash Lord
lol wat u sayin' Swords? Feelin' u slip slappin' 'bout 'ere wiv less stances dan a legless sk8a. dis kid aint been changin nuffink. fink ud better b gr8rful u get swiss bein' nice not swiss bein' trollin'. Go count dem lucky stars. Gawd.

You can live through toDay. Want to see more stances from you, asap. Would Bking's scum flip implicate/clear anyone, in your eyes?

@ Gova - answer both, please.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
lol wat u sayin' Swords? Feelin' u slip slappin' 'bout 'ere wiv less stances dan a legless sk8a. dis kid aint been changin nuffink. fink ud better b gr8rful u get swiss bein' nice not swiss bein' trollin'. Go count dem lucky stars. Gawd.

You can live through toDay. Want to see more stances from you, asap. Would Bking's scum flip implicate/clear anyone, in your eyes?

@ Gova - answer both, please.
This is pretty much what I'm talking about guys when I said he usually posts obnoxiously.

Okay, Swiss, two things:

1. Most of my post was a case against Bking.
2. I take four (maybe even more, I might of forgotten) stances in that post. One of you, Bking, Adaigo, and Jumpman. So I fail to see how I'm not taking many stances, when I just took stances on nearly half the players in this game.

Off the top of my head, I think Bking's flip would shed light on Jumpman, you, and me (yes, me). Jumpman for obvious reasons (their defending of each other) and you, since I think if he flips scum that would help clear you (I don't see anyone bussing their partner like that, especially not a newer player).

I love how you actually went to your default style of posts there. With how you attack your attacker (as I did in the top of my posts) and stated what can happen to me ("you can live for toDay"). Don't know what to make of that.

Swiss, semi-random question, but what do you think of Gova?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
My thoughts of who to lynch today were between Blaziken and GW.

@Adagio: you asked which of the two I would choose.

Definitely blaziken. If we lynched GW, regardless of his flip, I would still think Blaziken is scummy.

If we lynched Blaziken and he flipped town, GW gets semi-cleared of what he's done so far.

I would rather lynch someone who clears someone else.

Blaziken is the play toDay.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I now I'm going to look like an idiot for doing this, buuuuuuuut...

unvote
vote Blaziken

Sword's (I think it was him; it was the tl;dr post) convinced me of his....inconsistency in his game.

*braces for "Youre voting for him to seperate ties with him!" arguments.

Top Bottom