• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda Mafia! Town Wins! GGs to all

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Just a notice to the GM, I'm going to be out of town from now until Tuesday. I know its short notice, but the staffer shack is getting it this late too! Totally forgot I had a trip until this morning.

I'll have Spire text me updates so I know whats going on so I'm immediately ready to post when I get back :)

Swiss

Smash Lord
Happy with the case on Jumpman. Smells like noobscum.
Unvote Vote Jumpman

BSL is probably town. Don't think him as scum would so openly say things which could be seen as scummy. Think he's being honest.

Swords - Do you want to scream that you're scum to me any louder? I know you know my posting style is not representative of my alignment or role (hence me not being retardedly easy to read). Would it help if I said I was trying a newer style of posting? Yes it would - would I be able to back it up with info? No I wouldn't.

Would like a hard stance on Blaziking from you.

@ Gova - You have to question not just what someone posts, but why they may have posted whatever they did - could this help them scumhunt?

@ Adagio - Could I get some stances on BSL, Swords and Gova please? Wanna compare notes.

X1-12

Smash Champion
D1 Votecount - Deadline is Nov 11

GwJumpman (1), Swiss
J (1), J
Blaziking17 (1) BSL
SkylerOcon (1) Sworddancer.
Swiss (2), GwJumpman, Gova

Not Voting: SkylerOcon, Adagio, Blaziking17

X1-12

Smash Champion
i assumed if that if you were killed, then you can't win. unless specifically stated otherwise in your role PM.

@mod: can you help us out here?

this can change things.
I believe all Role PMs are perfectly clear on this matter, I suggest you re-read it. If you are still unclear about anything then I can clarify via PM

Just a notice to the GM, I'm going to be out of town from now until Tuesday. I know its short notice, but the staffer shack is getting it this late too! Totally forgot I had a trip until this morning.

I'll have Spire text me updates so I know whats going on so I'm immediately ready to post when I get back :)
That's fine, since you have forewarned me I will refrain from sending prods.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
@Swiss

Ok

For clarification, is the "them" you are referring to the other players? It seems to me that if I asked why someone said something the way they did, it wouldn't help that person who said it scumhunt because he knows his reasons already but, it would help everyone else.

Also, is there a particular reason as to why you kept saying "vote blaziking" without actually removing your vote from BSL?

(^ is that an example of what you mean by asking why?)

Swiss

Smash Lord
@ Gova - 'them' as in whoever posted.

Of course not. That was just me forgetting to unvote, I do it all the time. Blaziking has serious accusations to answer and if he doesn't he'll be lynched.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Happy with the case on Jumpman. Smells like noobscum.
Unvote Vote Jumpman

BSL is probably town. Don't think him as scum would so openly say things which could be seen as scummy. Think he's being honest.

Swords - Do you want to scream that you're scum to me any louder? I know you know my posting style is not representative of my alignment or role (hence me not being retardedly easy to read). Would it help if I said I was trying a newer style of posting? Yes it would - would I be able to back it up with info? No I wouldn't.

Would like a hard stance on Blaziking from you.

@ Gova - You have to question not just what someone posts, but why they may have posted whatever they did - could this help them scumhunt?

@ Adagio - Could I get some stances on BSL, Swords and Gova please? Wanna compare notes.
lol

So when does the actual first day end?

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
......Pretty sure you have the most amount of votes.

And lynches are SUPPOSED to happen at the end of the day phase. The DAY phase, which usually lasts a DAY.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Also Swiss, stop being the voluntary leader. No one died and made you leader.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Nothing would get done in one day real time though. Day phases are generally like a week or so I think.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
We have until Nov 11 though so there's still plenty of time left.

That reminds me.

@Mod: What time is the deadline for Nov 11 and in what time zone?

Swiss

Smash Lord
The day ends whenever we lynch, or on the deadline which is the 11th. Try reading the rules.

Jumpman this is not about me 'being leader' it's a case of you refusing to post anything of substance. Why is it bad if I were to lead? Who deserves to die, why? You're not contributing in anyway - just complaining. Noobscum.

Blaziking17

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RobeezyLnP
3DS FC
1547-5531-6535
Blaziking - don't type your text within quotes, it makes it impossible to re-read and quote you later on. What was your reasoning for voting Adagio (who I've cleared as town) in post #47? You deliberately didn't answer in post #53. I don't feel you sufficiently cleared yourself wrt Sword's case on you.
Is that better? I got lazy, so thats way I put them in quotes. I was bandwagoning with Sword because of what Sword was saying at that time, which doesn't matter now since you believe he's town, which I also believe that he's town because . Me and BSL also talked about that, so you should've read that first.

Could you explain why asking lots of questions is suspicious? Am I suspicious? Does this make me scum? If so, why aren't you voting for me? Would I be a good target for our cop to investigate toNight? Should it be used on Blaziking assuming he doesn't get lynched?
It makes you out to be a wolf for eliminating town. You very much are at this point because you are starting to sound desparate now since you lost support from Sword.

Skyler, Adagio, Jumpman, Gova, Blaziking - thoughts on BSL, please.

Jumpman, take a stance on Gova.

Gova, take a stance on Adagio.

Both of you, vote for Blaziking.
First of all, BSL seems harmless. Even though he was RSV'ing his first vote, he took a step back because his humor wasn't translating across the town. Second, once again, here is your desparation to eliminate me sticking out like a sore thumb. You can't sway these people that easily. I hope you realize that.

@bking (and everyone else, really): Your reaction in 73 was definitly very jumpy. Your reasoning for voting Swiss is pretty bad, and it appears to just be a OMGUS. In your 86 you said that you always act out when backed up into a wall. I know that someone already said to you that you lashed out when you were back up against a wall, but that wasn't really the situation you were in. You weren't really backed into a wall, at all. You had just a minimal amount of pressure on you and you jumped.

Also, what Swiss said is true. You haven't really supplied me with an answer to my question. What was your oringally reasoning for voting Adagio? Did you vote for him because of my vote? If so, how, when honestly I didn't really make my reasoning that clear?

One last thing:
Skyler already asked this of you, but what did you see him doing? Also, after you answer that question, tell WHY that is scummy.
First, what is OMGUS?? Me "jumping" has already been established and is over with now. If you haven't read the top part of this long post, then the reason I bandwagoned with you for my first vote was what you described what Adagio was doing at that time. I see now that was a mistake. And why didn't you make yourself clear, Sword? What is your opinion on Adagio now, up to this point?
@Swiss: Why are you playing like this? This isn't how Swiss plays, at all. the language you're using is clear, and comprehensible. Definitly not the Swiss I know.

I kinda your playing like this so I can't read you. I think you're trying to hide something. It seems like you're going out of your way not to be your usual self, and that bugs me.
Ahaa! A revelation! So, Sword, how does Swiss normally play Mafia?
@Swiss, What is your opinion losing your main supporter up to this point? How does losing Sword's confidence make you feel?

2. Hmm . . . Bking is definitly scummy, and since you're not actually on his wagon, I guess I'll take a spot on. unvote vote BKing
Explain why you think I'm scummy. I dont remember acting like scum.
Now that's really suspicious. I never thought you would crack that easily, Swiss, especially talking about one of your best supporters so far on Day 1. Do you instantly blame people as scum when you get called out for suspicion? And why a newer style of posting?

@ Adagio - Could I get some stances on BSL, Swords and Gova please? Wanna compare notes
Taking notes? Really? You're taking this WAY too seriously, man, and I thought I overreacted. :cool:
When we lynch someone. You or Blaziking... Don't forget to contribute now...
Threatening's not going to get you anywhere, Swiss. These people aren't mindless sheep. Your tone right there totally screams "wolf". Do you think threats are necessary in this case, or are you just showing your desparation again?
Jumpman this is not about me 'being leader' it's a case of you refusing to post anything of substance. Why is it bad if I were to lead? Who deserves to die, why? You're not contributing in anyway - just complaining. Noobscum.
Jumpman IS contributing, Swiss. You're acting like a wolf trying to rid the town. People are questioning your leadership now, including Sword, one of your biggest supporters up to this point. And if YOU'RE complaining about Jumpman complaining, doesn't that make you just as scummy, or even worse? Why did you even play this Mafia if you knew that there would be noobs here?

Blaziking17

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RobeezyLnP
3DS FC
1547-5531-6535
Syntax error on first quote...I believe Adagio's town because he has not shown to me to be mafia, and he's basically like BSL, just regularly contributing.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Blaziking said:
Jumpman IS contributing, Swiss. You're acting like a wolf trying to rid the town. People are questioning your leadership now, including Sword, one of your biggest supporters up to this point. And if YOU'RE complaining about Jumpman complaining, doesn't that make you just as scummy, or even worse? Why did you even play this Mafia if you knew that there would be noobs here?
This this this this this, seriously.

If you aren't a wolf, Swiss, stop acting how you are. It doesn't make you out to be a guy you want to get close with.

Adagio

Smash Rookie
On Sworddancer, I already mentioned I thought he over-exaggerated his response to me and there's a weird thing going on between you and him where you both seem convinced the other is Mafia. I need more to make a strong judgment on him so he's neutral to me.

On BSL, I have a slight Town read on him. He's generating more discussion than other people and I only dislike that he doesn't want to try negative attention to himself but I liked his responses to the whole "too many questions" thing.

On Gova, I like that he's asking questions but I can't tell who he thinks is Mafia. Would like to know more. Going after you for not unvoting when you vote is nitpicky too, and seems like he's actively trying to just contribute something.

On Jumpman, did not like his reaction to you at all. Simply telling you to shut up because you're annoying? Your questions are legitimate and we know where you stand on plenty of people. He also hasn't contributed much (in my eyes), just his little tiff with Sworddancer over semantics (whether bad / suspicious = scummy). He has a huge problem with you specifically which seems strange to me.

Why are people so upset that Swiss is (supposedly) taking charge of the Town? It seems as soon as he puts pressure somewhere, the person he pressures cites that he's the defacto Leader of Town and it's all a ruse and he's trying to kill everyone and whatnot. I don't like how Jumpman went after this line of argument after Blaziking was criticized of using it. Don't like at all.

Unvote: if applicable
Vote: GwJumpman

@Swords: Jumpman seems scummier to me than Blaziking right now. I can see Blaziking possibly being Mafia though; his latest post certainly doesn't scream Town to me.

@Gova: Who do you think is scum? Also, a "case" I believe is just a list of points that you have against a player, an extensive argument if you will. Swiss correct me if I'm wrong.

@Jumpman: What do you think of Sworddancer and Gova?

Will post more this weekend.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Blaziking - please elaborate on this support I received from Swords. I was under the impression he was inactive and actually had to post to 'prod dodge'. You would have more weight in what you say if you could show what you say to be true - alas you cannot. Please also show how Jumpman has been contributing. I see no firm stances 'nor scumhunting from him.

I'd like to touch upon how you think I 'cracked' and called Swords scum because he said he was suspicious of me. It seems odd you can take his side so firmly when you do not know my playstyles 'nor how effective 'meta' is on me - thus you cannot possibly know the validity of his point. It appears you are looking for a reason to call me scummy as opposed to approaching this from a neutral stance. My reasoning for calling Swords likely scum is sound - also interesting to note he viewed the thread earlier but did not post - why was this? Perhaps he was too busy. Swords likes to lurk as scum, FYI.

What is your opinion of Swords? You imply you think him town, is this fair?

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I deliberately ignored your post because of your attitude. Ask nicely for what you want.

And like I said earlier, it's too early to really tell any patterns for the most part.

And the only 'tiff' I have is with Swiss. I don't care if he takes leadership, it's HOW he's doing it.

Telling people who to vote for adamantly without valid reason is not what you do.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Do you think your not liking my attitude warrants refusal to answer my questions? Bearing in mind that my questions are designed to win the game for town, do you agree your refusal to answer them hinders town?

You should really answer my question, in depth.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
First, what is OMGUS??
OMGUS is OH MY GOD YOU SUCK. basically, voting someone for voting you.

Me "jumping" has already been established and is over with now.

but has it, really? no.

Ahaa! A revelation! So, Sword, how does Swiss normally play Mafia?
swiss constantly changes his posting style. i was in a few games with him at one time. he varies with how he talks. like in one game, he used as many apostrophes as possible in his posts. i am gonna go ahead and say it's possible that swords has only seen similar posting styles from swiss.

Explain why you think I'm scummy. I dont remember acting like scum.
we have pointed out why before.

Taking notes? Really? You're taking this WAY too seriously, man, and I thought I overreacted. :cool:
i am taking notes too. it's common.

I only dislike that he doesn't want to try negative attention to himself
did ya forget already? this isnt the case anymore. i thought you had to stay alive to win.

Blaziking17

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RobeezyLnP
3DS FC
1547-5531-6535
Blaziking - please elaborate on this support I received from Swords. I was under the impression he was inactive and actually had to post to 'prod dodge'. You would have more weight in what you say if you could show what you say to be true - alas you cannot. Please also show how Jumpman has been contributing. I see no firm stances 'nor scumhunting from him.
How do you know it was directly because of a prod dodge? If you actually stopped being lazy and read earlier posts, you would exactly know what I'm talking about. I inferred that Swords was voluntarily supporting your causes early on in Day 1 based on how his word choices showed a tone of camraderie between you two. As for Jumpman, even though he has been neutral so far in Day 1, his posts have substance, and he has given his honest opinion when asked. The problem is, Swiss, that you're getting fed up with Jumpman, so you keep attacking him with irrelevant and frankly, idiotic questions that basically lead nowhere, and he ended up making you look stupid. I know that's what you're apparently supposed to do in this game, but there's a right way, and a wrong way to go about it, and you're definitely going the wrong way.

[QUOTESwiss]
I'd like to touch upon how you think I 'cracked' and called Swords scum because he said he was suspicious of me. It seems odd you can take his side so firmly when you do not know my playstyles 'nor how effective 'meta' is on me - thus you cannot possibly know the validity of his point. It appears you are looking for a reason to call me scummy as opposed to approaching this from a neutral stance. My reasoning for calling Swords likely scum is sound - also interesting to note he viewed the thread earlier but did not post - why was this? Perhaps he was too busy. Swords likes to lurk as scum, FYI.

What is your opinion of Swords? You imply you think him town, is this fair?
[/QUOTE]Swords shows intelligence with his word usage, grammar problems, sure, but nevertheless, his posts have weight and substance. Besides, the question was meant to be answered by Swords himself, and I'm going to get an answer regardless, so technically, I dont HAVE to know what your playstyles are simply because I know it will be answered one way or the other. I don't have to look for a reason to call you scummy because it's so blantanly obvious from your posting tone, and I've BEEN neutral since the beginning. And Swords can post when he wants to, and if you think he's lurking, then call him out on it; don't give me useless FYI's about someone that has no relevance towards lynching. I don't judge on the past, I judge on the present and what they could do in the future, and at this point, Swords sees through your BS. You haven't answered why you're acting so desparate, or why you switch playing styles, and one eyewitness confirms it be true that you actually do this.
we have pointed out why before.
If so, can you kindly refer to which posts they were, and I'll elaborate on the "me being scum or not" matter.

@Adagio, earlier on in the game you stated that you believed I was not Mafia, but in your recent post, you now say that I alledgedly am part of the Mafia. What is it about my post that changed your mind? I'd be happy to clear up misconceptions regarding that.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Do you think your not liking my attitude warrants refusal to answer my questions? Bearing in mind that my questions are designed to win the game for town, do you agree your refusal to answer them hinders town?

You should really answer my question, in depth.
I'll answer the question how I see fit.

If you get flagged by a guy and he goes "Hey jack*ss! Help me find I98!", how would you react. I am not a hindrance to the town.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I also agree regarding Phantom. I'm sure he would have been involved more if other priorities in real life did not get in the way.
i thought you said his inactivity was a little suspicious.....
well, there is this. you said it was a little suspicious, and to keep it in the back of our minds.

To you, is it something to worry about?

Vote Blazikng
No, besides, he officially got replaced, so thoughts on the replacement?
then you go on in an attempt to completely distance yourself from your original position. conveniently after this:

Everyone has been saying that it is understandable as to why he(me) hasnt been here when he has deemed it as a bit suspicious and something we should keep it in mind. Idk just seems weird to me.
where J points out that you were the only one who thought the inactivity was suspicious.

I was bandwagoning with Sword because of what Sword was saying at that time, which doesn't matter now since you believe he's town, which I also believe that he's town because . Me and BSL also talked about that, so you should've read that first.
swords has come out himself and said that he wasnt clear about why he voted adagio, yet you figured it out AND agreed? trying to look town, imo.

Second, once again, here is your desparation to eliminate me sticking out like a sore thumb. You can't sway these people that easily. I hope you realize that.
here. i have a feeling that you are trying to make swiss look like scum. and youre trying really really hard.

Me "jumping" has already been established and is over with now.
it wasn't actually over. you gave a reason, yes, but it wasnt a valid reason. you said that it was just how you act when backed into a corner, 'cept, as has been said before, you weren't backed into a corner. + this is how noobscum typically reacts to being a suspect. what a coincidence, eh?

you seem to be trying to get away from this as well.

Threatening's not going to get you anywhere, Swiss. These people aren't mindless sheep. Your tone right there totally screams "wolf". Do you think threats are necessary in this case, or are you just showing your desparation again?

more superhardcore swiss pushing here.

IMO, Blaziken + GW are scumbuddies, tag-teaming trying to make swiss look bad.

to summarize, you arent being solid with your stances, rolling with what the rest of the town rolls, liking what town likes, etc.

i had something else to say, but i cant remember it...

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I'M not trying to make Swiss look bad. Swiss is making Swiss look bad.

And stop saying scum, it's not an appropriate word and it just sounds stupid.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
whoops. that was a dumb question. didnt realize i used 'bad' in my own post.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
You said I'm trying to make Swiss look bad. I'm not. Swiss's posts make himself look bad.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Blaziken, Gova, Sword, i want answers from all 3 of you.

Blaziking17

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RobeezyLnP
3DS FC
1547-5531-6535
then you go on in an attempt to completely distance yourself from your original position. conveniently after this:
I don't understand, J and Phantom are technically different people, correct? I meant to say that it was up to you guys to figure out if J/Phantom was suspicious for not posting often enough, and that I believed it should be looked into further, that's what I meant by "to keep it in the back of your minds", so someone could question J later on. It wouldn't be enough to lynch regardless. I apologize if it sounded like I distanced myself. I assumed you guys would figure out my stance clearly, but from this game, I've learned that idioms and puns and sarcasm doesn't carry well here, and you can't infer stuff either.

where J points out that you were the only one who thought the inactivity was suspicious.
Speaking of J, he/she has not posted in forever, which now my point comes into play, which means he/she has some explaning to do as to waiting a looong time to post, even more than Swords.

swords has come out himself and said that he wasnt clear about why he voted adagio, yet you figured it out AND agreed? trying to look town, imo.
Well, he hasn't explained why yet, so don't jump-the-gun. I'm for town, anyway, what do you mean trying to "look" town?? LOL
here. i have a feeling that you are trying to make swiss look like scum. and youre trying really really hard.
It's easy to see why, correct? Does that not raise suspicion when someone ruthlessly questions you and blatanly threatens to lynch you? Does that not scream "wolf" to you? I don't care if he was gonna leave one vote off, he wanted my head, and I've returned the favor. He still needs to answer my remaining questions anyway.

it wasn't actually over. you gave a reason, yes, but it wasnt a valid reason. you said that it was just how you act when backed into a corner, 'cept, as has been said before, you weren't backed into a corner. + this is how noobscum typically reacts to being a suspect. what a coincidence, eh?
I felt like I was backed into a corner. I can't express how I feel? And that last statement really brings up my confidence, thank you so much. [/sarcasm]
you seem to be trying to get away from this as well.
It's irrelevant at this point, that's I meant there.
IMO, Blaziken + GW are scumbuddies, tag-teaming trying to make swiss look bad.
Jumpman just bandwagoned. It's his choice. Our points are valid. You have to admit, he is at least suspicious, especially up to this point, with sketchy ways of playing Mafia, to acting like a wolf.

to summarize, you arent being solid with your stances, rolling with what the rest of the town rolls, liking what town likes, etc.
Excuse me for being a noob. I had to find my way around this game, thats why you think I roll with what town rolls, which I dont, certainly not now. I have been solid, I have some support, and my solidity will grow as my questions get answered.

i had something else to say, but i cant remember it...
That makes me suspicious. Did you not remember on purpose, or was it you really forgot? What were you going to say there?

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
@Swiss

You might have missed my question earlier but how did you clear Adagio as town? I couldn't find a post that would make me arrive at that conclusion.

@Adagio

You're right, it was nit picky. I just thought it was odd that he was advocating for a lynch but not voting for it. I'll take his word that it was a mistake though.

How do you think Swiss came to the conclusion that you are town?

My scumpicks would be GwJ, Blaziking, and I guess Sworddancer.

My inital vote on GwJ was just for RVS but after his post about how asking too many questions draws suspicion and since not asking questions is anti-town, I kept it on for that reason until the thing with Swiss happened. Even if he does end up being town I don't think that kind of mentality is good later on in the game. So....

Vote: GwJumpman

Reasoning for Blaziking is similar. That OMGUS style of play will hurt town later on. And the second reason is that his argueing with Swiss reminds me of the "wine in front of me" thing which is supposedly a scumtell.

(@ IC's - am I using wifom correctly? If not could you provide an example since I'm misunderstanding it?)

As for Sworddancer its a very slight scum read for being hypocritcal about activity since he posted to avoid a prod and hasn't gotton on J for his activity.

@BSL

I don't agree. Swiss' posting style doesn't bother me and I don't think posting style would be indicative of alignment. He was probably expecting the "nice guy" that Swiss mentioned in one of his posts.

Top Bottom