• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda Mafia! Town Wins! GGs to all

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
My bad, I didn't see those questions.

1) Who knows who here?
I've seen the majority here but don't personally know any of them.

2) Who has read up on the 'mafia scum' jargon?
I've played a few and read the rules.

3) Who is completely new to this?
Not me.

4) What do people think about Phantom's inactivity after he saw his role?
If he's not around for 3 days, kick him.

5) What do you think of the post above yours and why.
No opinion.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
@Blaziking regarding post 73

Are you voting Swiss because you find him the most suspicious? It seems like you are voting for him just because he is voting for you because you thanked Skylar for a straight question but you didn't really answer it (imo) and went off on a tangent about Swiss being a leader.

@GwJ

Based on the way your post 61 worded it makes me think you agreeing with Blaziking's post 51 about how Swiss is asking too many questions. Is this True/False and why?

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
@Gova

Blaziking's post had more than asking too many questions. He was commenting about, basically, that he thinks swiss is trying to make someone 'slip' or just look guilty to find someone to vote for. I am not sure if I agree with that right now, but if that turns out to be the case, it'll make him seem a lot like a wolf.

As for asking too many questions........I still don't know. Yeah, he's asking a helluva lot of questions, but they are all legitimate. I can't tell if he's prying or just wants to get discussion going.

Blaziking17

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RobeezyLnP
3DS FC
1547-5531-6535
@BSL, It's one of many factors to consider for a lynch. How much time you put into this does matter.
He asked for people to not lynch you, after all. That's not what it sounded like IMO.

I know you're implying that he's scum, but what exactly is his plan here? Get you lynched or do you think he's scheming for something more? The latter

Please, don't be so sensationalist - Rationally and calmly presenting your reasons why Swiss is suspicious looks better than the way you just did.
No offense, but if you don't like it, then I'm sorry. What would you do if you were backed into a corner? I lash out. That's just me, and it showed.

@Blaziking regarding post 73

Are you voting Swiss because you find him the most suspicious? It seems like you are voting for him just because he is voting for you because you thanked Skylar for a straight question but you didn't really answer it (imo) and went off on a tangent about Swiss being a leader.
?
IMO, I did answer it, and ultimately answered it with validity. I know it seems like I voted just because Swiss was voting for me, but I had to say something. I couldn't let him get away with murder here. I had to call him out on a few things that I truly saw him doing.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
@BSL, It's one of many factors to consider for a lynch. How much time you put into this does matter.
this was the answer to my original question about activity, correct?

and what does 'this' refer to here: "How much time you put into this does matter"

the game?

swiss actually stated "try not to lynch him" so i dont know how it couldve sounded like he was trying to get you lynched...

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
@Blaz: Please elaborate with more than just "The Latter"

Also, could you please put your responses outside of my quotes? It makes it a lot easier for me to quote you. Thanks :)

I had to call him out on a few things that I truly saw him doing.
What things in particular were these?

X1-12

Smash Champion
D1 Votecount

BSL (1), Swiss
GwJumpman (1), Gova
J (1), J
Blaziking17 (1) BSL
SkylerOcon (1) Sworddancer.

Not Voting: GwJumpman, SkylerOcon, Adagio, Blaziking17

I also will remind you of these two rules

1.) Each Day, you may vote for a player to be lynched using a bold vote command. For example, vote: Swiss.
2.) To unvote, use the command unvote. For example, unvote vote: Sworddancer.. You must unvote before voting again or your second vote will not be counted

Swiss

Smash Lord
Blaziking - don't type your text within quotes, it makes it impossible to re-read and quote you later on. What was your reasoning for voting Adagio (who I've cleared as town) in post #47? You deliberately didn't answer in post #53. I don't feel you sufficiently cleared yourself wrt Sword's case on you.

BSL please explain
he definitely panicked. gotta see more, but panicking, as swiss said, is 'scummai brummai'. we need to remember, this is a noobgame. noobstuff will happen.
You are saying it's a noob tell more than a scum tell amirite?

Sword where you at? Why aren't you voting for Blaziking? What's my alignment? Who will be killed toNight?

I'd like to pick upon something Skyler touched on

Yeah, in Mafia games you need to ask questions to pry for answers/habits/'twitches' in responses. But don't ask TOO many questions or you'll look a little bit suspicious.
Could you explain why asking lots of questions is suspicious? Am I suspicious? Does this make me scum? If so, why aren't you voting for me? Would I be a good target for our cop to investigate toNight? Should it be used on Blaziking assuming he doesn't get lynched?

If you find someone in the least suspicious - you should vote for them, it adds pressure to them and allows for better reads.

Vote Blaziking

Swiss

Smash Lord
Also, BSL, could you explain why you unvoted me in your #27 as soon as I put an ounce of pressure on you? Why remove what was merely an RVS vote?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
BSL please explain

You are saying it's a noob tell more than a scum tell amirite?
i'm saying its a noob tell. noobscum do it, and noobtown do it. i would say noobscum do it more, though.

Also, BSL, could you explain why you unvoted me in your #27 as soon as I put an ounce of pressure on you? Why remove what was merely an RVS vote?
i dont remember why i unvoted you. prolly just to make sure everyone realized it was an RVS vote? idk..

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Why is it important people realise it was an RVS vote?

You care about what people will think of you?
yes. i didnt want to have the people who were completely new to mafia taking me seriously at that point.

i wasnt sure if someone would see "swiss is scum." and believe me. + i had said at the end, "am i serious?" so some people might have actually taken it seriously.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
yes to question #1. question #2 is sort of yes. i mean, i care that people dont think i'm scum. its kinda part of the game, amirite?

X1-12

Smash Champion
Votecount has been added in post #91. it counts votes up to that point

Reminder to all:

1.) Each Day, you may vote for a player to be lynched using a bold vote command. For example, vote: Swiss.
2.) To unvote, use the command unvote. For example, unvote vote: Sworddancer.. You must unvote before voting again or your second vote will not be counted

Swiss

Smash Lord
Skyler, Adagio, Jumpman, Gova, Blaziking - thoughts on BSL, please.

Jumpman, take a stance on Gova.

Gova, take a stance on Adagio.

Both of you, vote for Blaziking.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Swiss, shut up.

X1, I thought I already voted for Adagio.

If that didn't count, I'm switching my vote anyway.

Swiss

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
As for Gova, it's obvious he just voted randomly, I hold no grudge towards him.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
*sigh*

unvote

vote: Swiss

That's a dumb rule.

I'm not mad, you're just really annoying is all.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
@Swiss

Thoughts on BSL - He backed off when he couldn't pressure you so now I think he's just going after whoever he can pressure easily.

Stance on Adagio - Probably town. Sworddancer (imo) exaggerated Adagio's response to your opinion about how he town. Btw I didn't see you answer Adagio's question about why you think he is town and you say you've cleared him as town and I don't see that either. Could you tell me where they are at or answer them now?

Also, I'd like to point out that you aren't voting for Blaziking. You inital vote is on BSL but after two vote counts you still haven't unvoted to vote Blaziking even though you're saying "vote blaziking" everywhere. Sworddancer even remined you that you needed to unvote as well! If you're so intent on applying pressure to Blaziking maybe you should vote for him yourself. I feel like this isn't a mistake an experienced player should be making and that's suspicious to me so....

Unvote: Vote Swiss

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
@BSL: Your 97 . . . Would you agree then that you should limit the amount of questions you ask so to avoid looking anti-town?

@bking (and everyone else, really): Your reaction in 73 was definitly very jumpy. Your reasoning for voting Swiss is pretty bad, and it appears to just be a OMGUS. In your 86 you said that you always act out when backed up into a wall. I know that someone already said to you that you lashed out when you were back up against a wall, but that wasn't really the situation you were in. You weren't really backed into a wall, at all. You had just a minimal amount of pressure on you and you jumped.

Also, what Swiss said is true. You haven't really supplied me with an answer to my question. What was your oringally reasoning for voting Adagio? Did you vote for him because of my vote? If so, how, when honestly I didn't really make my reasoning that clear?

One last thing:

I had to call him out on a few things that I truly saw him doing.
Skyler already asked this of you, but what did you see him doing? Also, after you answer that question, tell WHY that is scummy.

@Swiss: Why are you playing like this? This isn't how Swiss plays, at all. the language you're using is clear, and comprehensible. Definitly not the Swiss I know.

I kinda your playing like this so I can't read you. I think you're trying to hide something. It seems like you're going out of your way not to be your usual self, and that bugs me.

Fos Swiss

Sword where you at? Why aren't you voting for Blaziking? What's my alignment? Who will be killed toNight?
1. I was tending to my studies, with a hint of procastination. :bee:
2. Hmm . . . Bking is definitly scummy, and since you're not actually on his wagon, I guess I'll take a spot on. unvote vote BKing
3. :glare:

@J: Where you at? Don't make us have to policy lynch you.

@Adaigo: You showed suspicion towards BKing earlier in your 78, but latter in the post stated that you believed him not to be maifa. You haven't given anything else since then. So, who's scum?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
@BSL: Your 97 . . . Would you agree then that you should limit the amount of questions you ask so to avoid looking anti-town?
no. i dont think asking a lot of questions is anti-town, therefore i wouldnt limit the amount of questions asked.

if i was asking a lot of questions, and most everyone on in the game said it was anti-town, i would stop.

is asking a lot of questions anti-town? i don't know what the general consensus is on that.

I kinda your playing like this so I can't read you. I think you're trying to hide something. It seems like you're going out of your way not to be your usual self, and that bugs me.
can you rephrase the first sentence here? i know it isnt directed at me, but i dont understand it.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
D1 Votecount

BSL (1), Swiss
GwJumpman (1), Gova
Adagio (1),
J (1), J
Adagio (1) Blaziking17
Blaziking17 (1) BSL
SkylerOcon (1) Sworddancer.

Not Voting: GwJumpman, SkylerOcon, Adagio

I also will remind you of these two rules
@mod: what's going on with votes on adagio?

#HBC | Dancer

@BSl: Sure, I messed up my grammer there pretty badly, lol.

to

It seems like your playing like this so I can't read you. I think you're trying to hide something. It seems like you're going out of your way not to be your usual self, and that bugs me.
BSL, I asked you that because GWJumpman said that asking too many questions was bad, since (in his words) it makes that person appear bad. You also said that you would go out of your way so not to appear bad, so I wanted to see if you'll agree with GWJumpman's statment.

Also, no, asking too many questions really isn't scummy.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
BSL, I asked you that because GWJumpman said that asking too many questions was bad, since (in his words) it makes that person appear bad. You also said that you would go out of your way so not to appear bad, so I wanted to see if you'll agree with GWJumpman's statment.

Also, no, asking too many questions really isn't scummy.
so yeah, it all comes down to the majority of the town in the specific game that i'm playing. only GW and Blaziken think that (lotsa questions==scummy).

#HBC | Dancer

I'm Curious, though, you say that you go out of your way not to look scummy, correct? Why? What do you mean by it's part of the game? How so?

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Stop putting words in my mouth. I never said asking too many questions makes you look bad; I said it makes you look SUSPICIOUS.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I'm Curious, though, you say that you go out of your way not to look scummy, correct? Why? What do you mean by it's part of the game? How so?
AFAIK, all win indications require you to survive to the end of the game.

Scummy guys get lynched.

Lynched guys don't survive to the end of the game.

Dead guys can't win.

Scummy guys don't win.

#HBC | Dancer

AFAIK, all win indications require you to survive to the end of the game.

Scummy guys get lynched.

Lynched guys don't survive to the end of the game.

Dead guys can't win.

Scummy guys don't win.
Fair enough.

What does AFAIK stand for though?

Stop putting words in my mouth. I never said asking too many questions makes you look bad; I said it makes you look SUSPICIOUS.
So? Those two terms sound pretty interchangable if you ask me.

bad=scummy
suspicious=scummy

You would agree, no?

You dodged Swiss'es question in his 92 btw.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
AFAIK = as far as i know

GW, did you mean bad as in bad for town?

Adagio

Smash Rookie
Wait BSL can't you win even if you are dead? I thought that was the case and I believe I've seen that here on this site. I thought only Survivors had to live to the end to win.

As far as the Blaziking issue, I don't think it's enough to call him Mafia. It's a noob game, he was worried and he reacted emotionally. Is there a chance it is a Mafia member backed into a corner lashing out? Sure, but I can't be certain.

He's definitely not at 1 vote though, people need to unvote before voting again if they want to vote for him. Should we put him at L-1 and ask for a claim? I feel like people will be stuck on him for a while as a centerpoint of discussion if we don't.

On the subject of too many questions, you do not look more guilty if you ask a lot of questions, only if you don't answer the ones directed to you. I don't see Swiss's playstyle as trying to force someone to slip up with questions. He's simply trying to get people to talk and he's trying to read people and get definitive stances for future reference.

On BSL, I don't like that he said he's trying to avoid attracting negative attention but it's not much to me as of now. I'll reread tomorrow and see if anything sticks out.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Wait BSL can't you win even if you are dead? I thought that was the case and I believe I've seen that here on this site. I thought only Survivors had to live to the end to win.
i assumed if that if you were killed, then you can't win. unless specifically stated otherwise in your role PM.

@mod: can you help us out here?

this can change things.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
BSL, this is a team game. If your faction wins it counts as a win for every player in that faction. So if you're a townie and you die but town ends up winning the game, you still win. Independent roles are the only ones that have to survive I think excluding Jesters.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Ok. Well then that definitely changes it.

If there was something that I knew was super-pro-town I wouldn't stop just Because someone thought it was scummy.

Including asking questions.

Top Bottom