• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda Mafia! Town Wins! GGs to all

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Well I would like to hear from GW more =x But this struck me as odd a bit.

Phantom's inactivity is a little suspicious, but nothing to get too worried about. It's just something to keep in the back of our minds.
Everyone has been saying that it is understandable as to why he(me) hasnt been here when he has deemed it as a bit suspicious and something we should keep it in mind. Idk just seems weird to me.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Day 1 Votecount

BSL (2), Adagio, Swiss
GwJumpman (1), Gova
Adagio (1), Sworddancer.
J (1), J

Not Voting: GwJumpman, SkylerOcon, BSL, Blaziking17

Votecounts should appear roughly at the start of every page (40ppp)

X1-12 said:
2.) To unvote, use the command unvote. For example, unvote vote: Sworddancer.. You must unvote before voting again or your second vote will not be counted

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
So, is there any relevant discussion to still be had concerning Phantom? I still hold that his inactivity/dropping out of the game was due to real life, but does anybody think it might be because of his role?

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
See, thing is Swiss, I love activity, but I don't think that activity is that bad yet. Give em another day, and if they arn't posting by then then they can die.

@Everyone: Bandwagon Adagio with me?

It's very likely that Phantom dropped out for real life reasons, no matter what his role. In any case, there is no real way of knowing, so we should really should take him dropping out as null.

Blaziking17

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RobeezyLnP
3DS FC
1547-5531-6535
@Sworddancer, my edits were for fixing syntax in my post. I'll double post next time.

I also agree regarding Phantom. I'm sure he would have been involved more if other priorities in real life did not get in the way.

VOTE Adagio

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
I also agree regarding Phantom. I'm sure he would have been involved more if other priorities in real life did not get in the way.
i thought you said it was a little suspicious of his inactivity....

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
i dont know where my grammar went in that post.

EBWOP: "i thought you said his inactivity was a little suspicious....."

Swiss

Smash Lord
Blaziking why are you voting Adagio? Do you agree with Sworddancer? What do you think about him?

What do you think about the contradiction BSL just pointed out in your posts?

BSL why are you not voting? Who will you vote?

Same goes to Skyler and Jumpman.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
oops, forgot to vote in that last post, i guess.

vote: blaziken

Adagio

Smash Rookie
Unvote

I'm unsure why Sworddancer you are calling for a wagon so soon. But what really bothers me is how quickly Blaziking jumped on it without so much as a second thought. He didn't even mention me in the post other than for the vote.

FOS: Blaziking17

Blaziking17

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RobeezyLnP
3DS FC
1547-5531-6535
UNVOTE ADAGIO

No offense, but you sure are asking a lot of questions, and I'm sure you mean well, but I can't help that I'm natually undecided. I try to make clear and concise judgments. I unvoted because I assumed Adagio wasn't posting very often, when it was not the case. I'm taking a step back beacuse I miscalculated, and that's my fault. I may have made a snap judgment there, and maybe that's my noob-ness to mafia showing there, but anyway, as far as my opinion goes, I want to know, Swiss, if you're like a helper guide or something like that, and it irks me because from here, it looks like you're too involved with trying to find someone to put up for a vote.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
And sorry I didn't post much, I was at work all day yesterday and I'm in class right now.

#HBC | Dancer

Swiss, you gotta unvote homes.

BKing, asking questions is how play the game. Also, in your 53, you said you voted Adagio because you agreed with me, but in your 57 you unvoted him, stating that you originally voted him because you thought he wasn't posting much. I never did vote Adagio for those reasons though. So, you kinda contradicted yourself. So, what is the reason you voted Adagio in the first place?

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Yeah, in Mafia games you need to ask questions to pry for answers/habits/'twitches' in responses. But don't ask TOO many questions or you'll look a little bit suspicious.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
this sucks big time. i have to replace out of all of my mafia games. school decided to pile up a bunch of homework/projects on me. i didnt think it wouldve been more than a few days of work, but now i realize itll take me a while.

sorry mods/players.
im going to try and stay in this game, as it is a small one and a noob game, so not too much will be happening.

@mod: replace me after 1 prod, if it comes to it.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
@Sworddancer

What is your reason for voting Adagio?

You said earlier to give everyone a chance to be more active otherwise they can die. Does this mean you think Adagio is the most or one of the most inactive players?

I ask because you told Blaziking that you aren't voting Adagio for not posting, which could be considered inactivity.

#HBC | Dancer

I voted him because he has a broken sarcasm dector. In other words, he came out of the gate taking himself too seriously.

In any case, I don't really see how anyone would think I was voting that guy on activity, so I don't really even see how Bking could agree with my vote if he I never stated I was voting Adagio for the reasons he supposedly voted him.

Yeah, in Mafia games you need to ask questions to pry for answers/habits/'twitches' in responses. But don't ask TOO many questions or you'll look a little bit suspicious.
What do you mean asking too many questions is bad since supposedly you'll look suspicious?

Nononono. ALWAYS ask as MANY questions as possible. Pressure people. Form theories, and suspicions about people. Talking, and getting people to talk is how we catch scum. There is never a "limit" that people should have to follow.

People need to get more active. Actually, inactive people can start dieing now.

unvote vote Skyler back to you bro.
Fos Adaigo

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Nononono. ALWAYS ask as MANY questions as possible. Pressure people. Form theories, and suspicions about people. Talking, and getting people to talk is how we catch scum. There is never a "limit" that people should have to follow.
It's hard to explain because on paper it sounds wrong but in concept and practice it's right. When you become 'too' curious and ask 'too many' questions, you start to look an awful lot like a wolf.

Adagio

Smash Rookie
I guess I'll be more perceptive of sarcasm in the future, but it still didn't seem like such to me. You seem to be making a big deal out of nothing though. And as far as taking myself too seriously? Perhaps I take the game too seriously, but certainly not myself.

In any event, there isn't much to go on so I believe can see your rationale for voting for me at that point.

Question though. J has not posted in a longer period than Skyler. Is there any reason you chose Skyler over J?

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Hello!

K, I'm Swiss, also known as the resident 'nice guy'.

Couple of questions for y'all.

1) Who knows who here?

2) Who has read up on the 'mafia scum' jargon?

3) Who is completely new to this?

4) What do people think about Phantom's inactivity after he saw his role?

5) What do you think of the post above yours and why.
@GW

I think Sword meant those questions.

Also, I think the question you answered was directed at Blaziking

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
FoS: Blaziking

Contradicting yourself, as Sworddancer pointed out, is pretty sketch. You were being pretty dodgy towards Swiss's questions and dropped your vote on Adagio the moment Swiss started grilling you. Give me a straight answer to this: Who do you find the most suspicious right now, and why?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Barble warble. Thus is just semantics, but blaziken, can you bold your whole vote statement? I noticed you only bold the word vote, and not the name.

@mod: your last vote count didn't mention blaziking at all.

http://www.random.org says 5

Adagio

And ahoy!
Were you voting here? Or just getting adagio's attention.

It's hard to explain because on paper it sounds wrong but in concept and practice it's right. When you become 'too' curious and ask 'too many' questions, you start to look an awful lot like a wolf.
Sounds a little bit like you're covering yourself on a lack of scumhunting this game. A tad scummy IMO.

IGMEOY, gw.

"IGMEOY", I did that right, right?

Swiss

Smash Lord
This game is slow.

Everyone vote for Blaiziking - try not to lynch him yet though. Put him at L-1. Still got some things left for him to answer.

Blaziking17

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RobeezyLnP
3DS FC
1547-5531-6535
FoS: Blaziking

Contradicting yourself, as Sworddancer pointed out, is pretty sketch. You were being pretty dodgy towards Swiss's questions and dropped your vote on Adagio the moment Swiss started grilling you. Give me a straight answer to this: Who do you find the most suspicious right now, and why?
Finally, a STRAIGHT QUESTION! Thank you, Mr. Skyler, and as for your question, honestly, no one sticks out at this point, except Swiss. There's so many scattered questions that barely have any relevance other than to point fingers for stupid crap, and trying to bandwagon for being dodgy about the questions.

Why should we take orders from Swiss? Who died and made him leader? He already wants me out of the game because the game is slow?? REALLY!?? I'm finding this VERY peculiar that Mr. Swiss, from the beginning, has spearheaded most of the conversation on Day 1, and I question your leadership, Mr. Swiss. I think you have an alternative agenda here, one that's not good for us since you as well dodge and make assumptions that capitalize on people's mistakes, and for that, I VOTE SWISS!!

If I'm the lone wolf in this, then so be it. I don't care, I can see the aura of deception around you, Swiss, and if they can't, that's their fault. Like I said, I question your leadership in this, but I've waited till now to call you out because I knew you were getting impatient. There's something amiss, and it's got Swiss written all over it. If that was too personal for you, then I apologize, but I'm calling it like I see it.

Blaziking17

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RobeezyLnP
3DS FC
1547-5531-6535
One more thing. THE VOTE IS FOR HIS SKETCHY AND SUSPICIOUS BEHAVIOR TOWARDS AN ALTERNATIVE AGENDA, NOT JUST TO CAPITALIZE ON PEOPLE'S MISTAKES AND MAKING ASSUMPTIONS. I know people are gonna ask why I voted, so there.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
swiss is one of the more experienced players along with sworddancer. that's why he's leading.

The game will be composed of nine players: Seven that are new to mafia, and two IC (Inexperience Challenged) players that will show you the ropes throughout the game.
8.) Swiss (IC)
9.) Sworddancer. (IC)
@blaziken: you never did answer my first question about inactivity. here it is again.

blaziken, how do you feel about actual inactivity. people who were active, but then stopped being active. not people like Phantom.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Finally, a STRAIGHT QUESTION!
mine was pretty straight forward, IMO. lol, jokes.

you guys let me know if i'm joking around too much. ill be sure to point out that i'm joking right after the joke from now on.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
He already wants me out of the game because the game is slow?? REALLY!??

He doesn't want you out of the game, he said that he wanted to put pressure on you.

Everyone vote for Blaiziking - try not to lynch him yet though. Put him at L-1. Still got some things left for him to answer.
He asked for people to not lynch you, after all.

I'm finding this VERY peculiar that Mr. Swiss, from the beginning, has spearheaded most of the conversation on Day 1, and I question your leadership, Mr. Swiss. I think you have an alternative agenda here, one that's not good for us since you as well dodge and make assumptions that capitalize on people's mistakes, and for that, I VOTE SWISS!!
Why would you find it peculiar that Swiss spearheaded most of the conversation? If anything, this reflects on his willingness to help town. And, please, be more specific on "alternative agenda" - I know you're implying that he's scum, but what exactly is his plan here? Get you lynched or do you think he's scheming for something more?

Please, don't be so sensationalist - Rationally and calmly presenting your reasons why Swiss is suspicious looks better than the way you just did.

Adagio

Smash Rookie
Yeah that response was extremely panicky and emotional.

And we aren't taking "orders" from Swiss and he isn't "the leader". If it wasn't for Swiss's questions there wouldn't be any discussion at all. Obviously the whole Swiss-You thing you don't agree with but are there any other points you want to discuss? He was / is just trying to start conversation. And while it is early to tell do you really think Swiss is Mafia because he is trying to put you close to a lynch? I'm pretty sure he's just looking to get information on how you would react to pressure and to be frank, it wasn't so well :/

I'm not convinced you're Mafia though.

What does everyone else think of his reaction?

Swiss

Smash Lord
I think his reaction is classic scum. I think he's scared and backed himself into a corner. I think other people should weigh in with their opinions.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
he definitely panicked. gotta see more, but panicking, as swiss said, is 'scummai brummai'. we need to remember, this is a noobgame. noobstuff will happen.

Top Bottom