• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda information thread (last edit 02-24) Cleaning up, changing sections

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Hey Ryoko, you might want to add in that Nair has no landing lag and Uair had little to no landing lag. Nair > Usmash is really effective and if they DI out you can do a running Usmash.

As for the kicks and dair they have a "meh" amount of landing lag. That is, don't use Dair unless you're spiking someone off the ledge...

EDIT: One more thing, the stun on Dtilt is actualy a trip. There are a few other moves that can cause a trip such as lucas' and ness' dtilt. But Zelda's Dtilt trips all the time.

rampant_apart

Smash Apprentice
EDIT: One more thing, the stun on Dtilt is actualy a trip. There are a few other moves that can cause a trip such as lucas' and ness' dtilt. But Zelda's Dtilt trips all the time.
Are you sure it always trips? I've seen it trip many many times, but I also remember people still standing after it. Could anyone kindly confirm/deny this. I'm at work, so no smashy smashy testing for me at the moment.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Are you sure it always trips? I've seen it trip many many times, but I also remember people still standing after it. Could anyone kindly confirm/deny this. I'm at work, so no smashy smashy testing for me at the moment.

I didn't mean it was 100%. But as far as moves that cause a trip go, Zelda's Dtilt has noticeably higher chance to trip and the trip occurs at lower percentages. Also I was incorrect about Uair, if you use it too low you have a lot of landing lag. I was using it as soon as I short hopped so the animation was ending when I landed.

Drake3

Smash Ace
I was going to mention that. There are times when you can perform UAir too low to the ground, the actual explosion animation will not go off, and the lag will devour your soul.

Newuser12345215

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone have a list of exact(or nearly exact) KO percentages for each of Zelda's moves are against Mario?

Cadenza

Smash Rookie
Noob Zelda question, I find myself at odds as to when to use certain moves. For example, what's the best time to use her neutral B? Other than obivously reflecting projectiles.

Luthien

Smash Ace
Noob Zelda question, I find myself at odds as to when to use certain moves. For example, what's the best time to use her neutral B? Other than obivously reflecting projectiles.
1) When someone rolls behind you
2) When someone rolls in front of you
3) When you've just landed from an arial in laggy wifi, and there's nothing you can do but jam the b button and pray the invincibility frames save your soul
4) When expecting an attack when coming in from the air, especially behind you (timed correctly, it will stop another Zelda's usmash in its tracks with its range)
5) When fighting someone spotdodge-happy

It's an attack that lasts a long time. Take advantage of that.

Tsucasa13

Smash Rookie
What are some techniques that you guys use when you have a horribly-lagging wifi brawl? For example, Luthien above said to use nayru's love when you land in laggy wifi.

Lord_Naomasa

Smash Apprentice
Up A is your friend when it comes to lag and when someone is rolling or getting right behind you.

SheikSmasher

Smash Cadet
I know this is a zelda forum but you know you changed the different costumes on the official brawl art for zelda could you do the same for sheik if you could plz =D

Tsucasa13

Smash Rookie
When you guys are playing someone who is able to dodge din's fire frequently, do you use it regularly to keep that person on his or her toes, or do you guys stop using it and just use it sparingly? Any insights if one is better for different situations?

popsofctown

Smash Champion
IMHO, you should immediately quit using it for pressure if that person is going to approach anyway.

Logically, if they are ahead, they don't have to approach unless you pressure them with Din's. However, in practice sometimes your opponent will charge at you anyway. If you aren't using Din's, you can focus and react to that approach better.

To be pithy, if you spam Din's Fire against a good dodger, you'll be keeping yourself on your toes, so i recommend against it.

Kodachrome

Smash Journeyman
Hey, guys. I hail from over on the Ike boards, but I'm very interested in a few other characters-Zelda being one of them. I'm more a finder of small things to help people's game than anything, I guess. In any case, I guess I'll ask if it's old, first-did you guys know that zelda can sweetspot bair almost any character straight off the ground, given you space it properly? Add that to the fact that you can do a standing RAR by tilting gently back and jumping immediately...you have yourself an immediate sweetspotted kick. I find that it helps me greatly, for a *SURPRISE, *****!!!* k.o. move. :) or :( ?

*edit* kirby is easily the hardest to do this on, but it is definitely possible. For some reason, it helps if i move toward him while kicking.

*edited edit* Upon FURTHER research, for some reason I can only reliably do this to jigglypuff, kirby and olimar if he/she is at the top of his/her "bounce" while they are standing still. *confused face* I'm not sure what height each of these characters registers at while in regular combat, so...I'm not sure if you can count on this or not. Also...I haven't been able to do this against metaknight or pikachu...which obviously really sucks. :( Everyone else is simple. Guess it probably wasn't any news, after all. <_<

Clustercluck

Smash Rookie
Why is marth listed as having an advantage over zelda? I see absolutely no reason why a good zelda can't keep her distance and use din's fire to roast him, and use her long reach and incredible usmash to kill him.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Hi, I am playing Zelda(/Sheik) Competitively now and I was influenced a lot by Ryoko. After I used Zelda in a match one time he saw it and said, "I feel like I was just watching myself play" XD
Sorry for the random post, I just feel weird posting in a new character thread for some reason.

Top Bottom