• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda Appreciation Thread

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
Haha. Covered that a while back. See how these conversations go in circles with no updates?

Sakurai, save us!!
:laugh: I agree I'm starting to see a trend we seem to be recycling topics around here. Is there a topic about Zelda we haven't talked about? How about um well I don't know anyone else got one.

Iris

Smash Ace
I'm impartial to the hair. It looks pretty, but the end is too big. I think it looked more flowing in TP, where it wasn't tightly braided.

As for the boots, yay, above her ankles. I can't really tell if there's small heels or not, but if they at least go close to her knees, they should look good. That is, unless Zelda has twig legs.

Zorya

Smash Ace
If Zelda is appreciated soo much, how come she hasnt had anything updated for her??

Zelda special moves 4 Brawl!!!!!

Luthien

Smash Ace
I'm impartial to the hair. It looks pretty, but the end is too big. I think it looked more flowing in TP, where it wasn't tightly braided.

As for the boots, yay, above her ankles. I can't really tell if there's small heels or not, but if they at least go close to her knees, they should look good. That is, unless Zelda has twig legs.
I have a feeling they aren't quite as thin this time around; her arms are thicker, her legs should be too. I'm pretty sure, like Drake3 said, the braid will be less annoying to see while Zelda's moving.

Anyway, to start a conversation, I have an idea. Someone says something stupid that is totally untrue about Zelda. The rest of us correct/flame. That should ammuse me for a few minutes... anyone wanna be the sacrifice? *Maniacal grin/glare/nosehair/look-in-general*

Arean

Smash Ace
hehe... now i want to talk about.. Zelda vs Peach! hehe Blondes vs Brunettes.... who will pwn each other. which princess rules better.. who can KICK each others princess tush hehe..... now it makes me want to draw them fighting. w00t!

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman

I don't know about you all but when I saw this picture I freaked from all it's awesomeness. This is what happens when you don't have Zelda updates simple things like this makes you happy and insane at the same time at least for me. I absolutely love this picture. Alright i'm done I just had to get that off my chest.:laugh: I believe it's her A move (please correct me if i'm wrong) but is it any different looking from Melee's because I don't remember?

So yeah anyways a week without updates hopefully when they come back we will finally get a Zelda one.

Oh and Arean you should definitely draw them fighting I would love to see that.:)

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
This image of Zelda's neutral ground looks about the same as the move she has in Melee. The biggest annoyance I had with this move was that it had holes in its hitting area... people could duck under it and stuff, or be too close for it to hit.

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
OMG ZELDA!
I LOVE HER! SERIOUSLY! LOOK AT HOW AWESOME SHE LOOKS!

Wow, her hair looks as though it got even longer!

Drake3

Smash Ace
It looks further and prettier. But then again I haven't played Melee in a few months so I'm not sure what it looked like originally.

Iris

Smash Ace
The hitbox looks smaller, but at least most of the small characters such as Pikachu and Kirby are larger.

Also, Stip's right about her hair, somewhat. It's pretty much always that length in the gameplay screenshots, but her official profile image has much shorter hair.

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
But seriously, I didn't know it was supposed to be so long until I noticed the Team Healer update.
And now this just confirmed how awesome it looks.

How do you guys feel about the Neutral A now? I could have sworn it looked different in the SSE video though. But then again, in this picture, it looks like the attack just ended.
BTW: What were they attacking at? 0/o

Iris

Smash Ace
In the video, her neutral A looked even smaller. Oh well, that's what happens when we look at blurry gameplay videos.

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
I never really noticed her hair, if it looks shorter/longer well still looks nice though.

Anyways thanks for clearing up the neutral A, guess it's the same though hopefully it's a little stonger this time around.

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
Pshaw, it better be.
I got so enraged when other people would be doing like....millions of combos and I wouldn't be able to do one. =(

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
I think her hair looks fine. I'm mostly going to play her in her black/dark alt. She looks like a witch. :chuckle:

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
Anyway, to start a conversation, I have an idea. Someone says something stupid that is totally untrue about Zelda. The rest of us correct/flame. That should ammuse me for a few minutes... anyone wanna be the sacrifice? *Maniacal grin/glare/nosehair/look-in-general*
Ahhh.... I guess I'll sacrifice for the moment. Okay, I'm trying here people. Work with me here.

You know, I don't even know why Zelda is in Brawl. She's not even an important character in the LoZ series. Sure, it is called the Legend of ZELDA series but I think it's a misnomer. I mean, it's all about Link and only about Link. Zelda has no gameplay and hardly any screenplay. I mean, I'd compare her importance to that of Epona. And that might be saying much because Epona was actually very useful. I mean, she's a princess that knows magic. And in Brawl, she doesn't even use her own real magic attacks. Din's Fire, Farore's Wind, and Nayru's Love? Not one of those are hers. Zelda should not be her own character. It's no wonder that she was attached to Sheik. Zelda needed Sheik. Sheik, however, does not need Zelda. Sheik should be her own character and Zelda should be taken out all together.

*winces, shivers, has a small seizure, and partly dies inside* Well I got through it. I will respond no further than that and don't be afraid to bash me emotionally. :]]] It might not be too good but it's something.

Luthien

Smash Ace
Ahhh.... I guess I'll sacrifice for the moment. Okay, I'm trying here people. Work with me here.

You know, I don't even know why Zelda is in Brawl. She's not even an important character in the LoZ series. Sure, it is called the Legend of ZELDA series but I think it's a misnomer. I mean, it's all about Link and only about Link. Zelda has no gameplay and hardly any screenplay. I mean, I'd compare her importance to that of Epona. And that might be saying much because Epona was actually very useful. I mean, she's a princess that knows magic. And in Brawl, she doesn't even use her own real magic attacks. Din's Fire, Farore's Wind, and Nayru's Love? Not one of those are hers. Zelda should not be her own character. It's no wonder that she was attached to Sheik. Zelda needed Sheik. Sheik, however, does not need Zelda. Sheik should be her own character and Zelda should be taken out all together.

*winces, shivers, has a small seizure, and partly dies inside* Well I got through it. I will respond no further than that and don't be afraid to bash me emotionally. :]]] It might not be too good but it's something.
*Eye twitches*

... What have I DONE?! ...well, time to commence the flaming...

I'm kidding. My post was actually mocking some of the other posts made in this forum. Every once in a while, someone would come and say something stupid and the rest of the forum would collapse... things were quiet, so I figured it was about time for another breakdown.

@ Bilnk777: Zelda get kidnapped and actually DO something about it?! Yeah, over Nintendo's dead body/corperation/whatever. ;)

@ the hair comments: Zelda's hair is awesome. The only way they could make it not awesome is by giving her a mushroom cut or pigtails.

About neutral A hitbox: you know that picture in the Zelda file showing her using her neutral attack and her actual HAND is glowing white? What if that's part of the hitbox too? You know, Zelda's hand touches the opponent, zapping/pushing them into the other little light circles? I couldn't tell from the SSE video. Discuss, if you would.

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
I have to admitt I was alittle afraid of that picture.
I thought it was her hand glowing when she turned into Sheik.

But hopefully there are some other options explaining that, like the one you just did dear.

Iris

Smash Ace
Which picture, the one on her Dojo page? Pretty sure that's airborne Din's Fire.

Arean

Smash Ace

all hail zelda!

lol... I think ill start to draw zelda and peach doing some catfighting

drawing by Me

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Is it a bad thing that the first thing that really caught my attention to detail, was the asymmetrical breasts? Still a good drawing regardless.

Arean

Smash Ace
hehe thanks for pointing that out... this drawing was a bit rushed,,, so I couidnt look into the detail... oh well.. ill make a drawing of the princesses fighting and this time I will turn it to a serious piece of work

Arean

Smash Ace
Thanks, I based it off from Ivy in Soul Calibur 4... hmmmm what pose should I make for zelda and peach....

Luthien

Smash Ace
Which picture, the one on her Dojo page? Pretty sure that's airborne Din's Fire.
I don't know how to put in images yet, so it's kind of hard to describe. Of the four on the bottom of the page, it's the top-right.

I don't know, it could be. I'd need to see the bottom of the dress (below her knees) to be able to tell for sure. It's hard to discern because Zelda puts her left hand in that position for Din's Fire and Neutral-A. However, I'm not sure about her right hand Din-wise; it's in the right position for Neutral-A, though. In fact, her entire body is in the right position for Neutral-A in that pic, just the bottom of the dress seems more dynamic.

If I can get my drawing of Zelda's Melee Neutral-A up (what is the name of that move?!), we should be able to compare... so, how do you put in images (not really the computer type, here :urg:)?

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman

Is this the picture you were refering to Luthien?
To put an image up all you have to do is copy the link of the image, and then when writing a message click insert image, paste the link then it should work.;)

As for the drawing Arean it's really good I like your style. I can never draw Zelda right though i'm not sure why.

Luthien

Smash Ace

Is this the picture you were refering to Luthien?
To put an image up all you have to do is copy the link of the image, and then when writing a message click insert image, paste the link then it should work.;)

As for the drawing Arean it's really good I like your style. I can never draw Zelda right though i'm not sure why.
Yep, that's the one.

My actual question was, how do you put in an image that isn't on a website, but on your computer somewhere (URL means website, correct? :confused:). The pics I have of Zelda were drawn by me and aren't on the internet. Besides, I can't download them now anyway seeing as how I'm not home, I'm on vacation...

Oh, heck, ignore me, people. Just play Melee, use Zelda, press A when the match starts, pause, and compare for yourselves. You don't need drawings (although, I AM proud of them).

And yes, Arean, that's an awesome pic.

Iris

Smash Ace
Her dress is too far out to be neutral A. It's obviously an airborne atack. Look at the trail of sparkles going behind her though. She's moving her hand in an arc behind her and something's forming at her hands. That's the Din's Fire animation shown in the new trailer.

Looking at that picture dissapoints me. The braided portion of Zelda's hair looks so rigid, and obviously they haven't fixed the problem of objects flying through her dress (see the bling holding up the cloth with all the designs). Oh well, at least she's got a pretty face.

Oh, and if you want to post images, upload them onto a host site, such as photobucket.com, and copy the URL. Put the URL in IMG tags or just click the picture icon on the advanced post page and paste the URL.

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
Just as long as it isn't the Sheik transformation glowy hand thing I'm just as peachy as a potato :]
Besides, they've added a whole bunch of sparkles to her attacks now, not to mention the new running animation they gave her.

And honestly, I come bringing greetings from the Samus/ZSS board! Seeing how tame they are about having ZSS be a result of Samus' Final Smash has inspirited me! Even though they're still abit mad, they aren't overly angry about having to main ZSS dispite the stat differences. Therefore, even though I seriously don't want Sheik to be attached to Zelda's hip, I won't mind it so much considering we all got used to it in Melee.

Now....if shes her Final Smash....then it will be a different story.

Top Bottom