• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yugioh anyone?

Shök

Smash Champion
New banned list.

Mind = Blown.

And lol @ Frog Exodia decks.

Smash Master
I know :/ Thats why I dont trust in chain strike and probably will never play it in a regional. I fixed the frognarch. Usually this deck doesnt run traps, except treacherous trap hole or the spiritual water art-aoi. I added 2 spiritual water and took out jinzo and something else i dont remember right now o_o.
You can still run chain strike if you just side in lava golem and volcanic queen, along with some removal for decree. Luckily we now have 2 mst for that.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I'm gonna tweak my current deck. It's primarily a dragon deck with a side of complimentary cards.

I ran Blue-Eyes, Red-Eyes, and the Dark Paladin. When I realized I had too many combinations to focus on, I've decided to dumb it down to two different combinations, switching via side deck.

Blue-Eyes & Dark Paladin; I have the Armed Dragon sets, minus the LVL 10 one and the Blue-Eyes can be sacrificed as cannon fodder to wipe out monsters on the field if needed be. DNA transplant will either be in my side deck or main deck due to countering Dragon Decks that can run a Five-Headed Dragon, so my Dark Paladin can kill it. Either that or a Blue-Eyes White/Ultimate Dragon with the right cards. I need to get my hands on King Dragun maybe and a few Fusion spells like the Future Fusion/etc. Dark Paladin is essentially my go-to card and ultimate weapon for this deck when my essentially Dragon Deck fails so that Dark Paladin can clean up far better than anything the Blue-Eyes can do.

The other option is,

Blue-Eyes & Red-Eyes. In combination, more dragons to sacrifice using the Armed Dragons and special summonings for the Red-Eyes Darkness Dragon. It's not as powerful as the Dark Paladin but is easier to execute with the cards I have. Full-on dragon mode for this with the exception of a few **** move cards like a Chaos Sorcerer or a Kaiser Sea Horse to help bust out a Blue-Eyes in any given situation. Dragon's Rage and etc. can go into these decks.

Yeah. I'm old school. I won't underestimate, but eff those synchro monsters and whatnots.

I wanna make one that has more spellcasters too, just cuz I'm a huge fan of the Dark Magician Girl and can do great things with a combination of spellcaster cards.

The Wall of Revealing Light and the Legendary Ocean/Tornado Wall combination will alternate in my decks depending on what I run.

Buster Blader & Dragon Capture Jar are the biggest "**** you"s to dragons everywhere. lol

[EDIT]

I'm JUST getting back into this. It's been a few years... Ahahah. Funny how my decks/strategies are still viable. This is why I love this game. You can win with the right combinations/luck of the draw/mostly with the cards you love. Getting Dark Hole & Monster Reborn back have really helped me. Dark Hole especially will be nice to counter anyone who dares to use the Egyptian God Cards. Even the Six Samurai style decks.

Skill Drain can eff over the God Cards too, especially Ra and the inevitable Slifer. Heck, Skill Drain can screw lotsa stuff. Love that card, it's helped me out in jams big time. Same with 'A Hero Emerges'...

Don't mind me. Just rambling. lol

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Disaster/Hopeless Dragon > All that stuff you just said.

'Effing Synchro monsters is stupid, use them.

Hardly anyone uses dragons, your anti-dragon portion of the deck will fail against all tier 1/2 decks.

Kaiser Sea Horse, Dragon Capture Jar, Wall of Revealing Light, Red-Eyes, Legendary Ocean, Tornado Wall, Dark Paladin, Dragon's Rage, A Hero Emerges and the Armed Dragons are bad.

I don't believe that your decks/strategies are still viable unless you only play against bad decks or mediocre dragon decks.

No one uses the Gods, in fact, no one even COULD use them until recently. Slifer still hasn't been released so I have no idea how you intend to screw it over with Skill Drain.

Oh, and no one uses Six Samurai decks anymore either.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
My anti-dragon portion of the deck isn't meant for using my opponent's dragons or lack of them. They are meant for my Dark Paladin after they've outlived their usefulness for the duel. As well as negating a magic with his effect. The anti-dragon portion covers for me and Dark Paladin compliments my dragons. A lot of things can be viable in this game. I think it's kind of rude to just so blatantly point at what I have and do and say that it sucks without even seeing what and how I play. (before you say that I coulda been rude about the synchro monster thing, it's a personal preference that I don't use them. nothing more. they're good)

Oh, and I assume that even though the Wall of Revealing Light is in the Limited section for Trap cards, it's bad, huh? You don't think I have cards to counteract the loss of lifepoints, or use my lower lifepoints against my opponent with the use of a Megamorph card as I set-up? As well, the Enchanted Javelin cards help with massive boosts to my lifepoints to bring back what I lose and sacrifice. It also makes for a good stalling of an attack in case you don't have anything to protect you.

As for the Gods, Skill Drain is a counter measure for both the Gods and all other effect monsters, essentially screwing over other teams. I know that Slifer hasn't been released, but it's pretty obvious that he'll get 1000 attack/defense for each card in your hand. As well as possibly that secondary effect of lowering a monster's attack/defense by 2000 (1000 probably to nerf Slifer and make him legal) when summoned. The thing is, Obelisk is still a problem as a 4000/4000 monster. But Ra and Slifer, without the use of their effects, are rendered as 0 attack/defense monsters that can't do much of anything, considering they are not specific targets of the cards. Though not being able to activate a trap card when they're tribute summoned would work in Ra's favor, if Skill Drain is already out on the field, it renders him useless because the ability has been activated long ago. As for Slifer, it's shut down with one trap card and left wide open.

I'm just thinking of the counter measures against all kinds of decks I can come across.

I'm not a "serious business" player like you who looks at expensive decks and goes "yay winz". I play with the cards I like, and like making strategies based off of what I have and like, to work in a dueling situation. I wasn't asking for criticism. If it doesn't stack up, it doesn't stack up. I'd still compete and show that you can do anything with the right combinations. And my combinations CAN be right. Don't call my cards bad, especially when I know how to use them.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I can understand wanting to help and critique, and I appreciate it even if it wasn't the best of methods. I wouldn't knock what I do, but I do appreciate the input of the implimentations of the Disaster/Hopeless Dragon decks. That was the good crit part of your post. lol

For me though it would mean sacrificing so many cards that I already love and methods of dueling that I've known and made work for me. Kinda weird to think of it this way, but I feel like a Low/Mid tier fighter that pulls out all the stops against Top tier opponents and with the right luck/predictions/set-ups, can still prevail. I take pride in my own deck and ways of winning, just like how I play Sonic or Ike in Smash Bros. and take wins from people that should be "better" than me.

I do wanna find a Future Fusion card and King Dragun though. Divine Dragon Ragnarok looks so ****ing cool and turning into King Dragun would be a godsend for a Dragon Deck if he's well protected. At least, imo.

Dxt XXII

Smash Journeyman
Just to point something out, Wall of Revealing Light was limited to to Life Equalizer First Turn Kills. Just by nature and design, Dragon decks other than Hopeless or Debris-Hime will get wrecked by Tier One decks, and can maybe pull off wins against Tier 2 decks.

Gladiator Beasts are going to LOVE this format without Heavy Storm. There's nothing much scarier than going up against Gladiator Beasts and they open with Laquari and 4 back-row set.

Shök

Smash Champion
Gladiator Beasts are going to LOVE this format without Heavy Storm. There's nothing much scarier than going up against Gladiator Beasts and they open with Laquari and 4 back-row set.
This!

Dear God. I haven't played against GBs this format. Lol. They are going to be mad gay.

S l o X

Smash Champion
There are like five of them but not nearly as good as Shoddy. BYOND > DMG. Then there's YVD which requires hamachi.

Yeah, there's really no Shoddy-esque YGO emu but if you seriously want to play then there's a few options. Nothing with legitimate rankings. DMG hosts tournaments every week but they play with OCG (Requesting TCG duels isn't hard).

Life

Smash Hero
YVD hasn't required Hamachi for a while now.

Also, Enchanted Javelin is strictly inferior to Draining Shield, which itself is a pretty bad card (LP gain never helps you win unless you're running Agents or you get it in insane quantities like the Flint loop or Necroface mill decks which are now dead because it got limited /sadface). Magic Cylinder is much more useful.

Also, re WoRL being limited: Victory Dragon is banned due to ruling issues, but it's a terrible card.

Also, Frogs made Obelisk usable before Substitoad was banned.

Also, Six Sams are headed for a revival as not only are they getting new support in Storm of Ragnarok but they're also great for abusing Synchro Fusions.

Also, if you want a non-Disaster/Hopeless/Debris Dragon deck, you'd probably be best going pure BEWD and spamming the various recursion cards it works with, including:

Silent Doom
Birthright
Soul Resurrection
Swing of Memories
CoTH/Reborn
Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon
maybe some others I'm forgetting

and then using three of it, three White Stone of Legend, and a set of Trade-in and Cards of Consonance while including a few other cards that are targets for those (Tri-horned Dragon for the former, either Debris Dragon [in which case run Dandylion] or Flamvell Guard [in which case run Dark Factory of Mass Production] or both) and some ways to dump them from deck to GY (Future Fusion, Foolish Burial, Elemental Hero Prisma).
in fact, that might work.

Also, speaking of which, something cool I saw: http://forum.tcgplayer.com/showthread.php?t=237496
It's a deck focused around dumping classic normal monsters with Elemental Hero Prisma and then abusing their themed spell cards, might be fun to play around with.

Also, I like saying "also".

Shök

Smash Champion
That normal monster deck looks mad fun. Lol.

I might try building something like that. o:

S l o X

Smash Champion
Rented out YGO WC 2010 because I need something to do on trips when I'm bored and have no internet.

Right now, my deck is horrible but the game itself is pretty good. Need to update though. I heard the banlist hasn't been updated for a while ?

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Lol currently a card is going for ~$100-120 so a playset is roughly $300-360. Though not all cards are that expensive (mostly due to reprints etc.) so idk if he had a lot or had a few more valuable cards....

PD4FR

Smash Ace
Lol currently a card is going for ~$100-120 so a playset is roughly $300-360. Though not all cards are that expensive (mostly due to reprints etc.) so idk if he had a lot or had a few more valuable cards....
Wow, I wish I had saved my cards till now to sell. Although the older cards probably aren't selling for as much anymore.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Well if you have cards like original set Monster Reborn or Dark Hole then they're worth something now since they were both unbanned and made limited this current banlist.

But for the most part older cards aren't worth much iirc, aside from a few.

Smash Master
Is there a good site for valuing yugioh cards? I want to sell my collection, but I don't want to get ripped off.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
imo the best way to find the value of cards is to average some prices that you find on ebay. Most websites that sell cards usually overprice everything.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
My latest frognarch build:

Monsters: 27
2 Light and Darkness Dragon
3 Caius the Shadow Monarch
3 Raiza the Storm Monarch
3 Thestalos the Firestorm Monarch
1 Jinzo
1 Mobius the Frost Monarch
1 Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
1 Tragoedia

3 Battle Fader
3 Swap Frog
2 Treeborn Frog
2 Dupe Frog
1 Ronintoadin
1 Sangan

Spells: 11
3 Soul Exchange
2 Mystical Space Typhoon
2 Enemy Controller
1 Pot of Avarice
1 Foolish Burial
1 Dark Hole
1 Monster Reborn

Traps: 2
2 Spiritual Water Art - Aoi

r/f. This is probably the build Ill take to a regional here in PR in october. So I want it to be as consistent and good as possible :).

Life

Smash Hero
@TLM

Without Substitoad, Dupes are kinda useless IMO. Especially with the whole missing-the-timing thing.

So, uh, Roy St. Clair got second at Toronto. Booooooooo. <_<

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
@TLM

Without Substitoad, Dupes are kinda useless IMO. Especially with the whole missing-the-timing thing.

So, uh, Roy St. Clair got second at Toronto. Booooooooo. <_<
yeah, dupes are unreliable at times. I still use them to make sure I get those super important swap frogs. If I dont draw into swap, I lose most of the time -_-.

Shök

Smash Champion
LaDD be stepping it up. .iLol

I wonder how if Frogs can still be consistent without Substitoad. o:

Smash Master
It's so annoying how Konami keeps making good, fair theme support and then breaking it with new cards.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I am in shock that Monster Reborn and Dark Hole are back.

That ****ing Judgement dragon is still around though?!

camden

Smash Apprentice
With D.D. Crows flying about like crazy, I understand Monster Reborn. Although, if one doesn't have D.D. Crow in their hand:

Prisma > Dump Bestiari > Monster Reborn > Opponent proceeds to rage > Lulz are had

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Ehh atm crows aren't that popular compared to the latter half of last format. Even some blackwing builds that mained crow(s) have dropped them to make space for other tech etc.

That doesn't mean that it's not being used at all. I still saw some people using crows while I was at regionals on saturday.

fragbait

Smash Master
Was wondering if there was a YGO thread here.

IRL, I'm running a Plant Deck, that quick summons BRD and Splendid. Nothing SJC winning, but much fun.

On YGOWC2010 I'm building a Spellcaster/Spell Counters control deck. I'm having trouble getting it to flow how I want it to though, because in my test rounds against my bro I'm getting really bad opening hands.

Which, btw, Friend Codes doods. I want them.

Top Bottom