• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your thoughts on Big Blue?

BrawlerHarrison

Smash Apprentice
Whats your opinion on this stage?

I think its creative, loop de loops are fun, the track hazard can get annoying though.
If theres a thread similar to this then please delete, thanks.

Thanks for the feedback.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
The level design was certainly 'out-of-the-box', but I hate the stage more than I love it.

You could get an interesting fight going with a line-up of four cars, but everything else is a scramble. I like the fact that most items would be rendered useless, but extremely dislike getting meteor'd into the raceway.

Overall, n00bs don't like it because they haven't unlocked it, and competative and casual gamers don't get much of a decent fight.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
Anything that is fun is shunned by competitive players....
Except that competition IS fun.

Competitive players don't ban things BECAUSE they're fun; they ban things because they are detrimental to competition. Frigate Orpheon is an out-of-the-box, fun stage and it's legal. As is Rainbow Cruise and as was PokeFloats in Melee. PokeFloats is pretty much on the same crazy level as Big Blue. Your point is worthless.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
this stage looks cool but actual gameplay is horrible. as soon as you land on the track, your pretty much dead.
This describes how I feel. The concept and everything is downright awesome, but you're constantly moving on it. Cars disappear, the Falcon Flyer disappears, things reappear, etc. And it's hard to even play on if you're going all-out non-competitive, because you can't even get items. They hit the stage, bounce, hit the track, and they're gone.

Anything that is fun is shunned by competitive players....
Oh, stop bawwing. The game is fun without Big Blue and items. There's a difference between normal fun, and crazy, wacky, party game fun. Crazy, wacky, party game fun is not for competitive matches. Unless you're a complete elitist, everyone enjoys it from time to time, just not in tourneys.

Not true, I prefer to play competitively but I have fun playing on the Mario Kart stage, but thats banned from tourneys(at least I think it is).
Mario Circuit is, according to the official rules, Counter/Banned.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
The levels platforms are interesting enough.
The bottom....>_>
Meh....

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
love this stage. it's just fun as hell. plus, it's not like ur intending to play a really competitive match for bragging rights or nething on big blue.

Pearl Floatzel

Smash Apprentice
It's Jungle Japes with small moving platforms. I'll play on it, but if I do I will usually play on Port Town Aero Drive and Spear Pillar in the same series.
It's okay. It's not stupid-broken, like some stages (75m, Mario Bros), but it's still kinda irritating.

stratele

Smash Apprentice
Was my favourite stage in melee. Was so glad when I found out its in Brawl.

Its just fun! But not for competative play, no way.

orochijes

Smash Journeyman
There's nothing difficult about surviving there. Even as Donkey Kong. Lovely stage ♥

Yinlong

Smash Journeyman
maybe its just me, but its seems different from the melee one
looks uglier too

but w/e, i never liked it >.>

lax guy5

Smash Journeyman
I think it's really cool. Just unlocked it and play on it a lot. I saw a vid where sonic puts on bunny ears and can actually run faster then the cars in Big Blue. It's epic.:dizzy:

Zevox

Smash Lord
It's one of a handful of stages I dislike, and one of the four I generally won't play on at all (the other three are Wario Ware, Mario Bros, and Flatzone 2). It's an interesting concept, but in practice it just isn't very fun to play on, due to the way you have to spend as much time making sure the stage itself doesn't kill you as you do fighting your opponent, and how the terrain of the side-by-side cars can really mess up many characters' attack patterns.

Zevox

Top Bottom