• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your thoughts on 75m

Darkurai

Smash Master
There is only one stage in this game worse than 75m.
Rumble Falls.
Barely.
They are the only two stages in the game where you can't actually fight. There's no room on 75m, and Rumble Falls is a moving stage with added OHKO hazards.

Arnulf

Smash Rookie
I like it but i don't see why people hate it, I think they would do well if they ducked.
I like it too! I don't get it, people should love this stage. The hazards are so much fun. I usually push my opponent into the hazards and K.O. them that way :bee:.

Duckys

Smash Apprentice
One of the worst competitive stages definitely, got loads of barrels floating around hitting you, alot of hassel.

frozensilver

Smash Rookie
The fireballs are extremely annoying. You cant Side B with Fox or Falco, or you'll suicide yourself. DK himself is also extremely annoying. There are probably some things I missed, but I just hate the stage.

Shirahama

Smash Rookie
75m -- One of the worst, if not THE worst, stages to ever grace Super Smash Bros. Seriously, the stages is one big astronomical failure and is unarguably a haven for campers. How would you like to get volleyed by death-kissing projectile thrown by that abhorrent ape AND witness Olimar live up to his reputation as Camper King? Not very enjoyable, and the platforms are many and closely scattered (unlike New Pork City...,). I seriously don't know why Sakurai implemented this stage into the game; it is very horrible to say the least.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
it is a shocking level for decent play. but as for its coolness its gr8. love ol' skool dk. i reckon the points shud hav a weighting on the games results. that it gives u a point if u climb so far etc etc... therefore they need to be multiple levels.

Chibi-pika

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere in the desert, where cactus grow, and it
looks good but when you play it, it's a different story. It's a good/bad stage. Good thing bout it is you can hide all you want, and it'll be kind of difficult for the enemy to catch up to you, bad thing is DK can kill you and something that goes around the stage at high speed gets you and by the way

What are the purse and the umbrella and the points are suppose to do on the stage? :confused:

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
75m needs to be destroyed. I hate everything about it and my brother knows it, so he'll pick it whenever he's losing. I still beat him when we go there but still, it's annoying. Nothing fun and/or exciting about this level whatsoever.

Puffy

Smash Cadet
You have to fight on little platforms, hazards everywhere, DK and those.......things he throws, how could the stage NOT suck D<

...If you're playing competitively that is. it's perfect for "Just for fun" matches =3

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I really don't like it when I play Ike, small platforms, Aether becomes unreliable,you can't go under the platforms unless there is a laddar under you, let's see, it's one of the bigger stages, those flames/barrels/DK himself can be quite annoying...

Basically what the guy above me said, its fun for ****s and giggles, but I cannot Fight for real.

The Rabid Baby

Smash Rookie
I normally like to play chaotic stages, but this shows there is such a thing as taking too far. I can bearly jump without hitting donkey kong/a spring/someone elses fist/someone elses final smash/someones lifeless body flying towards me after being hit by one of the previous.

Wario ware and spear pillar are fun chaotic. This isnt.

That being said, i dont think its a bad idea for a level, just maybe the wrong part :p

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
...Am I the only one that likes Hanenbow? And yeah, I agree 75 M should have been replaced with a Kirby stage. Updated Fountain of Dreams, maybe?

SirKibble

Smash Champion
The only thing I dislike about this stage is that you can jump UP through all the platforms, but you cannot drop DOWN through any of them. That really throws me off sometimes. :/

JhMS

Smash Journeyman
75m sucks....even in Free for all.
I mean,Temple is fun in 4 player free for all.75m sucks in every possible way.
Oh,but New Pork City is worse,the only good thing there is the music.
Anyhow,75m,NPC,Mario Bros and Hanenbow suck hard.

chucklesXcore

Smash Apprentice
I love this stage for getting a good laugh when playing someone on Wifi. Its good to throw out there when you need a lighthearted moment...

however, besides that this thing is ridiculous. Hot heads, DK, and almost no platforms for fighting make this tricky and annoying. If you hit someone with an Up smash near the top you can almost count on getting a KO and if you miss? oh chances are DK is throwing some springs! Its just a cheap stage, and nobody likes playing on it for competitiveness.

While I like the OG DK games, I feel The DK series has yet to have a stage that accurately represents its games. This stage, while a direct rip, is only a bad attempt at this in my opinion. I mean, what the hell does rumble falls or jungle japes have ANYTHING to do with The Donkey Kong games. Get us a stage based off one of the levels in DKC2 or DKC3. there are PLENTY of opportunities for this. Especially with the beehive levels. Sticky floors? It might be equally annoying, but it would be accurate to the games. I feel DK is the most gipped in Brawl for stages, but thats just me. Neither of his stages are fun to play on.

PCHU

Smash Lord
Juniortoons and I have both agreed to NEVER EVER pick that stage again.
It's pure evil.
When I first saw that stage, I thought nothing of it.
Until I got Pwned by the springs and fireballs.
That's crap at it's worst.
Heck, I could've thought of a better stage.

The second time it was picked, I wasted no time.
No contest.
Another stage, please.

Sudden Death is rather amusing on that stage, but I still hate it.
It's almost worst that lingering on the top of Mushroomy Kingdom Underground and doing uthrow.
If someone gets you too far to the left or right, they've got a free KO.
And you have to watch out everywhere.
You never know when something gay is gonna happen.
I mean gay as in insta-death gay.
I mean, that stage is plain ********.

I like Olimar's stage MUCH MUCH MUCH better.
A) It doesn't send out springs.
B) No fireballs for high damage.
C) You can fight and have fun meteoring your friend into the Bulborb's mouth.
D) You can throw people into the stream and meteoring them while they recover.

I would say Sakurai was thinking with this one.
But of course I'm biased against all DK stages.
A) It always involves something crazy.
B) There is always something you have to be careful with or it will kill you.

Plus, I hate DK.
He's a freakin' ape, he has some stupid range, insane knockback, and the freak is actually normal speed!
He should have SOME hindrance.
I mean, even DDD has his limits to uuberness.
Though DK's recovery isn't that good, and he's a big target, it doesn't matter in one-one-one.
Either you learn to dodge his moves perfectly, or you'll find yourself five-stocked.
And his dsmash is some mess.
GnW's dsmash doesn't give me THAT much trouble.
But DK's smashes are full of range and power.
And he's relatively quick with his moves as well, so a bad recovery isn't enough.

I'm done ranting, but as far as I know, I'm speaking the truth.

Tujex

Smash Ace
This is Hanebown tie for worst stages in the game

*Glares at the guy above me*

With me being a DK secondary (used to main him until I started my Pit) I actually love him in this game (was a DK main in Melee). The guy had potential in Melee, but was relatively looked down upon and I love how everyone thinks he's broken in this game. But this is simply a fanboy talking now....wouldn't be taking up for him if he wasn't one of my top 3...

PCHU

Smash Lord
This is Hanebown tie for worst stages in the game

*Glares at the guy above me*

With me being a DK secondary (used to main him until I started my Pit) I actually love him in this game (was a DK main in Melee). The guy had potential in Melee, but was relatively looked down upon and I love how everyone thinks he's broken in this game. But this is simply a fanboy talking now....wouldn't be taking up for him if he wasn't one of my top 3...
I don't know how to say it.
I hate that he has such a huge advantage with range, speed, and power, but I'm not really complaining.
If I can beat them, then I don't have much of a problem.
It's just that if he gets one fsmash in, you're dead at like 40%.
And it has even more range than Ike's.
All I'm saying is that Sakurai must have been really high when he was thinking of DK.
And Snake.

cj0114

Smash Cadet
It's an interesting level though it has a lot of disadvantages. Stages hazards is the most obvious. Also, the stage is big enough for other players to stay away from you. Third, I was the game would save your high score...

JuniorToons

Smash Apprentice
Wow, tons of people really don't like this stage, well I can see why it is a cheap stage. My friend usually likes to pick this stage when he is losing so he can get on my nerves.

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
meh you cant actually brawl on this stage and i dont find it very fun tbh. dont get me wrong I like some gimmicky stages, I even have a soft spot for spear pillar, but stages like 75m just annoy me

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Worst. Level. Ever.

How are you meant to play on that stage?

I don't know. I just hate stages that are really really busy.

Edit: I take it back. That one with the giant leaves is the worst. ElectroPlankton or something.

Gygados

Smash Apprentice
Don't turn around, 'cos then I'll be behind you.
I hate the ladders! I use the up tap to jump, so I'm just like trying to get to the enemy, or away from the enemy, or to an item, or just get away; and I suddenly get stuck on some friggin' ladders! Whenever I get off and try to jump to avoid DEATH, it pulls me on again!

The tiny tiny bits to the right are pretty rubbish to fight on too.

Apart from the minor
FRIGGIN' HUUUUGE!!!!
setback, 75m is quite cool, however, DK's springies can get on your nerves. It would have been better to just have 25m, or the final level (I believe it's called 100m, but I'm not sure). That would have been bettah.

Top Bottom