• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your thoughts on 75m

JuniorToons

Smash Apprentice
Well, I think that 75m is like the most cheapest stage in the game. I mean come on , there is like barely a platform where you can have a decent battle and the stage KO's you more then your opponent. Well, even though I dislike this stage, it is an ok place if you aren't playing for competition. So yeah, post what you think about this stage.

FEJunkie

Smash Apprentice
It's defiantly in the worst stage list, but I feel that New Pork City is even worse. 75m is basically a camp-fest, but when your playing for fun it's not that bad. New Pork City....is just bad.

I prefer a camp-fest over Sonic's hit and run game on New Pork City.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I gotta say this is probably the worst stage of all time, even Rumble Falls is better than this and I really hate dislike Rumble Falls

Johnthegalactic

Smash Lord
It brings back the memories for some people, I was at a friends house, and he said he remembers playing it at a skating rink when he was young, maybe it is meant to be an emotional experience.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
"Ugh."

That is my thought on 75m.

I'd have more fun if I could make my own Donkey-Kong inspired stage with less ***-awful pop-up bull****.

Jibbles

Smash Apprentice
This stage gives me nightmares :(
Hate it. Worst stage in the game.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
It would be better if you could go down the top platform and there were no walk off edges.

But, I think Hanenbrow is much worse than this stage. Its funny though how it seems like Melee has more stages than brawl cause all of brawl stages suck. Hanenbrow, 75 Meters, Mario Bros, Mushroomy Kingdom, New Pork City, Skyworld, ect. I think they put in to many retro stuff, not the retro stages, but just too much retro atmosphere. There was only 30 stages in Melee and each series had at least 2 new stages. Over half the characters in this game including Kirby, Star Fox, Metroid, and F-Zero only have 1 stage.

Rapidkirby3k

"Let's Go!"
NNID
Rapidkirby3k
Switch FC
0884-6756-7584
While it depends on the battle's situation about whether I like it, I was going to post a YouTube video of me getting my arse kicked in that stage by one of my friends online. Although I have the video ready for posting, I still need to work on my Zero Gravity video first.

ZOMJake

Smash Rookie
I only use it when fighting the computer and it's all right for that, but with other players its stupid and cheap. But I still think Rumble Falls is worse.

phuxed

Smash Rookie
There's a lot of stages that, though not good in tournament play, are very fun to play in casual matches with friends. This is not one of them. I hate this stage and everything it represents.

One out of 5 approaches will end in a suicide on this stage.

peeup

Smash Lord
In competitiveness, this stage is among the worst. In fun play, though, I think its among the best. Suicide kills make for some funny stuff, which is what fun play is all aboot.

viparagon

Smash Ace
This is the worst stage in the game. Period. Half the platform are barely big enough to stand on and the music sucks. I think there are too many retro stages. Why couldn't they have put in another kirby stage? Halberd hardly reps the series. The only stage that is worst is new pork. Call me nOOb, but I actually enjoyed Hyrule in melee, at least for 4 player matches. New pork doesn't do it though. When I first saw it, I thought it would be a lot like Hyrule. Wrong. I hate it. The platforms don't corrolate at all with the background, and the camera never seems to zoom in enough on the characters. just my two-cents...

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
The only reason I don't mind 75m that much is because you can disable it on Random Select.

Yes, the best thing about it is that you can turn it off.

Nona

Power of the Nonado♥
I prefer New Pork City over 75m.
Yeah, you heard me.
People who spam attacks such as Din's Fire easy get an advantage.
You can at least run.. or should I say, jump away from Din's Fire's range on NPC.

I will never forget the stocks &matches I've lost against those stupid 2D springs.
I hope that one day, there will be a DK stage that doesn't involve stupid stage hazards.

But I select it on wi-fi for the lulz.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Its funny though how it seems like Melee has more stages than brawl cause all of brawl stages suck.
You noticed this also?
*highfive*

75m is very irritating. Nintendo honestly went too far in the "let's make something really, REALLY old into a stage" thought process.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Mario Bros is easily the worst stage in the game, in all categories.
It's got to be the most effortless arena in the game. Anyway I don't care much about 75m. I never go there. I hate large stages overall. It's not that it's crappy stage, it's just that it's large and I'm not fond of large stages for a number of reasons. Camping is one.

dawgbowl

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-2803-2467
This stage, Hanenbow, & Mario Bros. should have been replaced with Saffron City, Hyrule 64, & a Kirby stage.
This. Now. Please.

Those stages are such complete garbage I don't ever even consider picking them. Pokefloats was more fun!

75m is the WORST SB stage in any game, ever, forever.

peeup

Smash Lord
Lets not forget about rumble falls and new pork city.

They should have been replaced with Kongo Jungle 64 and a Super Mario Galaxy stage.

AetherLord

Smash Journeyman
I was first excited about that stage but when I first played it....bleh....

But sure beats New Pork City (Why does it have to be so big...its like THE perfect camping stage!)

turbinator

Smash Cadet
It sucks competitively but for ffa's and sudden death mode and other random stuff like that its a great stage.

Lawenforcer

Smash Rookie
I don't mind it actually it's fun to play on if you liked the old arcade stuff (well at least for me.) Even if the stage kills you every now and then i still have fun.

BbLu

Smash Rookie
I've only played on this stage once, and I have to say I thouroughly disliked it. I find when playing stages that don't look 3-D or detailed (Warioware, Pictochat, Game & Watch's place [don't know the name]), that it's hard to see what will, and what won't hurt me. For instance, on 75m, I was climbing a ladder, and I get hit by something. I was playing with a friend, and I know he didn't do anything, he was using Captain Falcon, and there were no items, and we were a fair distance apart. I later realized that there was a little flame-like thing running around, and that I didn't acknowledge it since there were other things that looked like they were on the stage, but weren't (i.e. the floor).

It does however provide a "blast from the past" for some of the older gamers, which I think is one of the few upsides.

Top Bottom