• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Your Reaction If....

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
I would wonder why. I must either interact with him alot, or he is very concerned about associating with the lowly.

How would you react if Lars (Tekken) were an assist trophy?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
YOOOOOOOOOOO Always thought Mii Costumes would be the best choice for including non-game content.

HWYHR if in 3DS, instead of adding Dream Land GB they added a general "Game Boy Land" stage, and featured these games/locations?

Super Mario Land: Muda
Pokémon Red and Blue: Battle
Kirby's Dream Land: Castle Lololo
Wario Land: Rice Beach
Mole Mania: Beach
Metroid 2: Surface
Link's Awakening: Wind Fish

Last edited:

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
If you mean that the layout of the stage is dynamic, then I tend not to like that. If you mean that the layout remains roughly the same, and the background changes in accordance with those locations, then I can take it or leave it.

How would you react if, instead of stages, the next Smash Bros. implemented a very large 'world,' where you engage opponents by finding and 'running into' them?

Last edited:

Kamen Minecraft

Smash Apprentice
I don't think I would like that. Maybe for a Spin Off.

How would you react if Shields were changed to not be a Bubble but an actual Shield.

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
If by that, you mean in the manner of Playstation Allstars, then I would take it happily. If you mean a mere aesthetic change with the same mechanics, I prefer the bubble, as a shield shape (other than a rounded one that may not be told as a shield) may cause a misjudgment by the player as to their current coverage and shield strength. That is how I would envision it.

How would you react if Goemon (Mystical Ninja) were the next newcomer?

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
It would make sense. I would like it if it were part of an additional mechanic, such as decreasing shield wear when struck.

How would you react if Kongs, Chunky, Lanky, and Tiny came together as an assist trophy?

RodAcoPer

Smash Journeyman
It would make sense. I would like it if it were part of an additional mechanic, such as decreasing shield wear when struck.

How would you react if Kongs, Chunky, Lanky, and Tiny came together as an assist trophy?
huh, neat

HWYR be Mario Party Superstars had different costumes per board?

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
I would keep the piranha plant, and that is a strong statement, because I do not really care for the piranha plant!

How would you react if Yuka and Laylee became playable?

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
Most of the stages I have not seen in even the sources before, so it would certainly make me curious. I would probably be content at the very least. (The first one that catches my attention as something I would have wanted in Brawl, is Butter Building.)

How would you react if a bulborb were added as a playable character?

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I’d be confused why this was never done before, baffled that Nintendo was going multiplat in the first place, but I’d probably stop worrying after a while and just get the dang game. Sounds great.

HWYR if Smash Bros All Stars was released (including 64, Melee and Brawl), with similar quality to Mario 3D All Stars, but ten bucks less and with a new character for each game (Bowser, Wario and Leon)?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
breathe in breathe out OK, a bit disappointing but I ca-HOLY SMOKES IS THAT TOADETTE

HWYR if a compilation of all 6 Wario Land games was a pre-order bonus for Get it Together, with plans to release it alone at a later date?

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I've wanted to play those games for quite some time (and my PC runs GBA games like crap for some reason), and I was already going to get GIT, so yeah I would be really excited.

HWYR if we got an Echoes Pass with these characters?

Octoling
Proto Man
Funky Kong
Shadow
Machamp (incineroar echo)
Ms. Pac-Man

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
No Paula? Really? Eh, Funky and Ms. Pac are cool.

HWYHR if, in a world where 3rd parties were never in Smash, this was FP1 and 2?

FP1:
Sonic
Ryu
Cuphead
Doomguy
Steve

FP2:
Crash
Red Bird
Rayman
CJ
Sephiroth
Pac-Man

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
That's an awesome lineup! Apart from no Sony it's really covering all the bases there.

HWYR if Plum was added as a playable character in Mario Golf Super Rush?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Mixed - happy they brought back an obscure character, happy that Plum specifically was chosen from the Golf humans, but utterly dumbfounded by the Golf humans coming back in the first place

HWYHR if two Echoes Pass came out concurrent with FP 1 & 2, and their contents were:

• Joker - Metal Sonic (Echo of Sonic)
  • Hero - Hero's Shade (Echo of Link)
  • Banjo - Funky Kong (Echo of DK.)
  • Terry - Igglybuff (Jigglypuff echo)
  • Byleth - Digby (Echo of Isabelle)

• Min Min - Pro Wrestlers (Star Man, Fighter Hayabusa, Giant Panther, The Amazon, King Slender, Great Puma, and recolours for Star Man and The Amazon to compensate for Kin Corn Karn's removal) (Echo of Incineroar.)
  • Steve - Octoling (Echo of Inkling)
  • Sephiroth - Zack Fair (Echo of Cloud)
  • Pythra - Paula (Echo of Ness)
  • Kazuya - Ms. Pac-Man (Echo of Pac-Man)
  • ??? - ???

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Mixed - happy they brought back an obscure character, happy that Plum specifically was chosen from the Golf humans, but utterly dumbfounded by the Golf humans coming back in the first place

HWYHR if two Echoes Pass came out concurrent with FP 1 & 2, and their contents were:

• Joker - Metal Sonic (Echo of Sonic)
  • Hero - Hero's Shade (Echo of Link)
  • Banjo - Funky Kong (Echo of DK.)
  • Terry - Igglybuff (Jigglypuff echo)
  • Byleth - Digby (Echo of Isabelle)

• Min Min - Pro Wrestlers (Star Man, Fighter Hayabusa, Giant Panther, The Amazon, King Slender, Great Puma, and recolours for Star Man and The Amazon to compensate for Kin Corn Karn's removal) (Echo of Incineroar.)
  • Steve - Octoling (Echo of Inkling)
  • Sephiroth - Zack Fair (Echo of Cloud)
  • Pythra - Paula (Echo of Ness)
  • Kazuya - Ms. Pac-Man (Echo of Pac-Man)
  • ??? - ???
Eh.

HWYR if this trailer was shown at TGA 2017, and we got a gameplay snippet of the Inkling and other characters at the March 2018 Direct?

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
Who? I've searched and I can't find any character

EDIT: I wouldn't really care as I have no attachment to the character

HWYR If Miitopia's Makeup and Wigs were implemented into Smash bros for the Mii Fighters?

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Anyway, for the Miitopia makeup:

YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSS TIME TO FIGHT AS $19 FORTNITE CARD

HWYR if Sora's challenger pack came with 4 extra songs from other games based on Disney IP?

Those being:
The Moon - DuckTales: Remastered
Gambit - Spider-Man and the X-Men: Arcade's Revenge
Airport Infiltration - Toy Story 2: Buzz Lightyear to the Rescue
Final Rescue - Eek! the Cat
Eh.

HYWR if we got Smash Run in Ultimate instead of WoL, but Spirits were still a thing?

Butters Stotch

Smash Ace
I'd be hyped, since we wouldn't have a major Nintendo crossover until this point. Interesting roster, but I would question why Waluigi, Squirtle, and Paula are in over Luigi, Pikachu, and Ness.

HWYR if selectable menu themes were added to Ultimate (similar to that of Sonic Adventure 2)? This thread has over 60 pages, so I'm unsure if this has been asked already.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
I'd be hyped, since we wouldn't have a major Nintendo crossover until this point. Interesting roster, but I would question why Squirtle and Paula are in over Pikachu and Ness.

HWYR if selectable menu themes were added to Ultimate (similar to that of Sonic Adventure 2). This thread has over 60 pages, so I'm unsure if this has been asked already.
I'd actually be pretty pleased! Whilst I can't imagine myself jumping for joy, it would be a nice lil bit of "personalisation" and I wouldn't be against it at all.

So, how would you react if it was announced that the Mother series - in its entirety, yes, even Mother 3 - was being remade in a visual style similar to the new Link's Awakening, and fully localised around the world... but they also announce that "the content of the games, including story, will be somewhat altered to be more suitable for modern audiences"?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Depends on Clippy's in it.

HWYR if, in an alternate universe where Smash never existed, Nintendo revealed the first Smash game in the last direct with the following 8 out of 30 characters shown in the trailer:

1. Mario
  2. Link
  3. Mewtwo
  4. Inkling
  5. Wario
  6. King Hippo
  7. Samus
  8. Duck Hunt

Top Bottom