• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You Might Be A Goth!

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
-Frequently wears black clothing.
Sometimes.

-Wears band and/or rock t-shirts.
Because we all now the Grateful Dead and Elvis Costello are the essential Goth artists.

-Listens to gothic or any other anti-social genres of music. (Marilyn Manson claims to be the anti-Christ, and publicly speaks against the Lord. Please discard any such albums IMMEDIATELY.)
Some bands could classify as "goth," but I listen to a lot of different music, including but not limited to: proto-punk, acid rock, punk rock, post-punk, industrial, rave, house, electronic, metal, hard rock, glam, rockabilly, various sub-genres of genres already listed, etc. Lots of counter-culture things, especially the music, really intrigue me.

-Shows a declining interest in wholesome activities, such as: the Bible, prayer, church or sports.
Duh.

-Shows an increasing interest in death, vampires, magic, the occult, witchcraft or anything else that involves Satan.
Evil Dead is probably my favorite trilogy. Every film is pure gold.

-Takes drugs.
I did pot a few times. Didn't think it was all that. Cough Syrup is pretty cool. I accidentally got a facefull of modeling glue and the fumes, I was throwing up a lot and light-headed, not fun at all.

-Complains of boredom.
This test sucks, I want to do something else.

-Sleeps too excessively or too little.
Depends on the day before, but on average, 6 hours of sleep. Most I've ever slept: 20 hours.

-Is excessively awake during the night.
Meh. Sometimes.

-Demands an unusual amount of privacy.
I'm 17 years old, living with two moms, two brothers, and an older sister. There's nothing "unusual" about the amount of privacy I expect.

-Spends large amounts of time alone.
See above.

-Insists on spending time with friends while unaccompanied by an adult.
/facepalm

-Disregards authority figures; teachers, priests, nuns and elders are but a few examples of this.
Depends if they deserve it or not. I've had a run-in with a teacher before, and I'll do it again, too.

-Misbehaves at school.
meh

-Misbehaves at home.
double meh

-Eats goth-related foods. Count Dracula cereal is an example of this.
My mom buys this every chance she gets and usually makes a bowl for us for breakfast. Hate the sin, not the sinner.

-Watches cable television or any other corrupted media sources. (Ask your local church for proper programs that your
child may watch.)
No ****, Sherlock.

-Plays videos games that contains violence or are of a role-playing nature.
My favorite genre is fighting.

-Uses the internet excessively and frequently makes time for the computer
Am I on it now?
-Makes Satanic symbols and/or violently shakes head to music.
All thanks to Ronnie James Dio for inventing the Devil Horns \m/

-Expresses an interest in sex.
-Masturbates
-Is homosexual and/or bisexual.
Guilty.

-Pursues dangerous cult religions. Such include: Satanism, Scientology, Philosophy, Paganism, Wicca, Hinduism and Buddhism.
Philosophy, in general, is a dangerous cult?
I'm so Goth, I crap bats.

D

Deleted member

-Wears band and/or rock t-shirts.
Every day. It's usually Jimi Hendrix or AC/DC, though. Also, I don't have t-shirts for them, but Iron Maiden is awesome, and THEY ARE ACTUALLY CHRISTIANS!!
-Wears excessive black eye makeup, lipstick or nailpolish.
I'M NOT GAY.
-Shows a declining interest in wholesome activities, such as: the Bible, prayer, church or sports.
That's not fair. I don't play sports outside, but that's because I blow.
The only periods I have with any of my friends are zero and lunch.
-Misbehaves at school.
Yes, I, an A student, misbehave at school.[/sarcasm]
-Drinks blood or expresses an interest in drinking blood. (Vampires believe this is how to attain Satan. This act is very dangerous and should be stopped immediately.)
Don't you get AIDS from that?
-Watches cable television or any other corrupted media sources. (Ask your local church for proper programs that your child may watch.)
Who doesn't?
Smash isn't violent.[/sarcasm]
-Uses the internet excessively and frequently makes time for the computer.
You gotta be kidding me.
My comments in bold.

EDIT: LOL, it's spelled t-shirt, not teacher.

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
Holy crap I remember seeing this a few years ago. I passed it around in my classes, I laughed so hard when I first saw this list. Ah.... Count Dracula Cereal....

darkserenade

Smash Ace
As a Catholic, most of those don't make sense.
Drinking blood (The Body and Blood of Chirst, hello? Other than that, it's understandable.)
-Frequently wears black clothing. (there is nothing wrong with black clothing.)
-Wears band and/or rock t-shirts.(Again, nothing wrong with this.))
-Wears excessive black eye makeup, lipstick or nailpolish.(Unless it has a message like, "I'm gothic," it doesn't indicate much.)
-Wears any odd, silver jewelry or symbols. Some of these include: reversed crosses, pentagrams, pentacles, ankhs or various other Satanic worshipping symbols.(Understandable, I guess.)
-Shows an interest in piercings or tattoos. (Even if It says, "Proclaim His Holy name!"?
-Listens to gothic or any other anti-social genres of music. (Marilyn Manson claims to be the anti-Christ, and publicly speaks against the Lord. Please discard any such albums IMMEDIATELY.) (If it has messages like that, understandable. If it just has that sort of sound, but no bad lyrics, it's fine.)
-Associates with other people that dress, act or speak eccentrically.Racist statement if you ask me.)
-Shows a declining interest in wholesome activities, such as: the Bible, prayer, church or sports.(sports isn't that wholesome....)
-Shows an increasing interest in death, vampires, magic, the occult, witchcraft or anything else that involves Satan.(magic is fun to imagine about, everything else is understandable.)
-Takes drugs.(LOSER.)
-Drinks alcohol.(LOSER.)
-Is suicidal and/or depressed.(EMO.)
-Cuts, burns or partakes in any other method of self-mutilation. (This is a Satanic ritual that uses pain to detract from the light of God and His love. Please seek immediate attention for this at your local mental health center.)(Understandable.)
-Complains of boredom.(Light Yagami's a goth?)
-Sleeps too excessively or too little.(What?)
-Is excessively awake during the night.(NO.)
-Dislikes sunlight or any other form of light. (This pertains to vampires promoting the idea that His light is of no use.)(Eh, some people, specifically in the morning, don't like light, since it makes your eyes feel all burning and what not.)
-Demands an unusual amount of privacy.(NO.)
-Spends large amounts of time alone.(NO.)
-Requests time alone and quietness. (This is so that your child may speak to evil sprits through
meditation.)(Unless they tell you straight out that they will channel spirits, privacy is always needing.)
-Insists on spending time with friends while unaccompanied by an adult.(Inresponsible sounds more like it.)
-Disregards authority figures; teachers, priests, nuns and elders are but a few examples of this.(This is seriously getting ridiculous. Said person is just a brat.
-Misbehaves at school.(NO.)
-Misbehaves at home.(NO.)
-Eats goth-related foods. Count Dracula cereal is an example of this.(*sigh*.)
-Watches cable television or any other corrupted media sources. (Ask your local church for proper programs that your
child may watch.)(*sigh*)
-Plays videos games that contains violence or are of a role-playing nature.(LOL.)
-Uses the internet excessively and frequently makes time for the computer.(LOL.)
-Makes Satanic symbols and/or violently shakes head to music.(First is understandable, second isn't.)
-Dances to music in a provocative or sexual manner.(No comment.)
-Expresses an interest in sex.No comment.)
-Masturbates(No comment.)
-Is homosexual and/or bisexual.(No comment.)
-Pursues dangerous cult religions. Such include: Satanism, Scientology, Philosophy, Paganism, Wicca, Hinduism and Buddhism.(what does this have to do with goth?.)
-Wears pins, stickers or anything else that contains these various phrases: "I'm so gothic, I'm dead", "woe is me", "I'm a goth".That doesn't suggest, that prooves.)
-Claims to be a goth.(See above comment.)

Oh, and I got a 4.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
I got 21, and I'm a christian. The sheer stupidity of the person who wrote this is simply astounding. Some of the questions contradict the purpose of the quiz, if they claim to be a goth, is a quiz like this really necessary.

Does anybody know where this came from?!? We need to spam the hell out of them for their foolishness, or at least tell them how **** crazy they are. Get us their e-mails, anything, the people who wrote this deserve to be the ones in hell.

Anybody who thinks they can stop their male teenager from masturbating has lost contact with the real world. Either that, or their teenager has been raised in a totally closed enviornment. I should know, I have slight problems with being in a cage from people I actually want to be with. Church youth groups have few other geeks, and I have to wait for colledge (If my folks ever decide to pay for it.) for any chance of trying to get a girlfriend. The closed enviornment I have here is far too limiting.

The morale of the story is to not force your faith on your kids. It brings them up to hate the religion. I remember back in the day when Pokemon was disallowed and Jigglypuff was the root of all evil.

Don't get me started on sex in general being evil and. . .LOL. . .Count Dracula Cereal. . .

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I got over 20. Go look at my pictures in Las Pictoras to see how laughable this is. xD

NeBz

Smash Journeyman
I'm a Metalhead though. Goth sucks.

Also, Ronnie James Dio didn't invent the Devil horns. Only made them popular.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Requests time alone and quietness. (This is so that your child may speak to evil sprits through
meditation.)

I loled.
I've no problem with people who believe in God and do their own thing and don't frequently tell me how I'm going to be punished eternally once I'm dead. I'm not gonna be bullied into believing in something I don't want to, haha.
Religious extremists like this are the cause of 90% of the world's problems. Hence I'm not religious.

I got 18, but am one of the least gothy people you will meet.

F1r3w0lf

Smash Apprentice
Stop having a boring tuna...stop having a boring l
Let's go through the list here...
black clothing... not that often but I've got some stuff...
no rock bands, makeup, odd jewelry, piercing,
associates with eccentric people-I'm screwed there.
Anti-social music-Do Gorillaz count?
death...how is that satanic? we all physically die. I believe you're reborn in Heaven, but c'mon. we're PEOPLE we DIE. (maybe capitalizing it is a problem.)
drugs, alcohol...Flintstones Vitamins, wine @ church...I'm bad.
depressed-high school. look it up.
self-mutilation: lots of papercuts. Is my semi-klutzness part of my emo psyche?
boredom-I'm smart. I get bored a lot.
sleeps too much/little-I do BOTH at the same time. CRAP!
awake during the night-like when it's dark out? Uh-oh.
dislikes sunlight/light: I think they forgot mirrors. Vampires hate those.
privacy/aloneness- ... yeah.
requests quiet time alone. Yeah. Satan speaks to me when I do my English homework.
spending time w/friends unaccompanied by adults-I think 50% of adults were born as adults, never teenagers or children. That's why 50% of adults' parents aren't living.
disregards teachers-yeah. the ones who were misunderstanding legalist adults since forever.
priests/nuns-they're cool.
misbehaves @ school-not excessively but yeah a fair amount
Misbehaves @ home-no. I'm always alone talking to Satan (SARCASM!)
Count Chocula-Curses! They've got me!
drinks blood-notify the Church! We're all really worshipping Satan!
cable television/corrupted media. Look out! Spongebob is the devil!
video games of a role-playing nature: Oh no. I spent the summer playing FFVII.
Frequent internet use: It's called facebook.
shakes head to music-DRAT!
interest in sex...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! (you know, God kind of gave it to us... PARADOX!)
Pursues philosophy...I guess I just won't take that senior year and be taught by a Jesuit at my Jesuit high school.
wears emo pins: clean there.
declares himself a goth: I guess I have to now.

There you have it: according to someone who was born a nonsexual, personality-lacking adult I am a goth. Not to mention my avatar is 1/2 Vincent Valentine. But c'mon. It could be Sephiroth. Oh I forgot he's an angel.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
-Frequently wears black clothing. not frequently...
-Wears band and/or rock t-shirts. yes
-Wears excessive black eye makeup, lipstick or nailpolish.LOL no
-Wears any odd, silver jewelry or symbols. Some of these include: reversed crosses, pentagrams, pentacles, ankhs or various other Satanic worshipping symbols. This one makes sense... and no
-Shows an interest in piercings or tattoos. no
-Listens to gothic or any other anti-social genres of music. (Marilyn Manson claims to be the anti-Christ, and publicly speaks against the Lord. Please discard any such albums IMMEDIATELY.) lol I guess some stuff is anti social...
-Associates with other people that dress, act or speak eccentrically. yes, but only a few... so I'm half evil. lol
-Shows a declining interest in wholesome activities, such as: the Bible, prayer, church or sports. oh god yes
-Shows an increasing interest in death, vampires, magic, the occult, witchcraft or anything else that involves Satan. lol no
-Takes drugs. sometimes...
-Drinks alcohol. lol I go to Penn State
-Is suicidal and/or depressed. lol no
-Cuts, burns or partakes in any other method of self-mutilation. (This is a Satanic ritual that uses pain to detract from the light of God and His love. Please seek immediate attention for this at your local mental health center.) Only if playing brawl counts as self mutilation.
-Complains of boredom. yes
-Sleeps too excessively or too little. The first one
-Is excessively awake during the night. yes
-Dislikes sunlight or any other form of light. (This pertains to vampires promoting the idea that His light is of no use.) I'm actually a little sensitive to light... got those transition lenses :)
-Demands an unusual amount of privacy. idk about unusual... but yes a lot
-Spends large amounts of time alone. yes
-Requests time alone and quietness. (This is so that your child may speak to evil sprits through meditation.) ...lol
-Insists on spending time with friends while unaccompanied by an adult. sorry mom
-Disregards authority figures; teachers, priests, nuns and elders are but a few examples of this. only a few... but not nuns. <3 nuns
-Misbehaves at school. sometimes
-Misbehaves at home.sometimes
-Eats goth-related foods. Count Dracula cereal is an example of this. oh **** i'm going to hell
-Drinks blood or expresses an interest in drinking blood. (Vampires believe this is how to attain Satan. This act is very dangerous and should be stopped immediately.) they're kinda right about this one, and hell no
-Watches cable television or any other corrupted media sources. (Ask your local church for proper programs that your child may watch.) lol?
-Plays videos games that contains violence or are of a role-playing nature. pokemon IS evil
-Uses the internet excessively and frequently makes time for the computer. yes
-Makes Satanic symbols and/or violently shakes head to music. no
-Dances to music in a provocative or sexual manner. lol
-Expresses an interest in sex. yes :)
-Masturbates maybe... :)
-Is homosexual and/or bisexual. lol no
-Pursues dangerous cult religions. Such include: Satanism, Scientology, Philosophy, Paganism, Wicca, Hinduism and Buddhism. ****, not philosophy....
-Wears pins, stickers or anything else that contains these various phrases: "I'm so gothic, I'm dead", "woe is me", "I'm a goth". lol
-Claims to be a goth. no

wow 24... I'm a goth... I might cry.

But yeah, it's funny how ridiculous this is.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer

I really hope ads are generated based on recurring words in a thread because if not this is pretty freaky.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Saw it on another forum.
don't want to find the link, but this site is fake.
When you look at the church who made it, you realize it's actually real. Look at some of the other **** they've done, such as protesting the funeral of a soldier who died in Iraq because he was gay.`

Blackadder

Smash Master
When you look at the church who made it, you realize it's actually real. Look at some of the other **** they've done, such as protesting the funeral of a soldier who died in Iraq because he was gay.`
And that's just downright evil. I never got how people do this.
They go around saying God tells people to love and care and all that shtick, so what gives them the right to protest at a funeral because the guy happened to be GAY?

I'm sure your God would approve of that. ._.

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
I'm 14 and Muslim, so I'm probably not a goth, but here we go:

-Frequently wears black clothing. Meh, sometimes
-Wears band and/or rock t-shirts. No
-Wears excessive black eye makeup, lipstick or nailpolish. *is not gay*
-Wears any odd, silver jewelry or symbols. Some of these include: reversed crosses, pentagrams, pentacles, ankhs or various other Satanic worshipping symbols. *is not christian/catholic*
-Shows an interest in piercings or tattoos. No
-Listens to gothic or any other anti-social genres of music. (Marilyn Manson claims to be the anti-Christ, and publicly speaks against the Lord. Please discard any such albums IMMEDIATELY.) No
-Associates with other people that dress, act or speak eccentrically. No
-Shows a declining interest in wholesome activities, such as: the Bible, prayer, church or sports. No, first 3 excluded because its not my religion
-Shows an increasing interest in death, vampires, magic, the occult, witchcraft or anything else that involves Satan. No
-Takes drugs. No
-Drinks alcohol. No
-Is suicidal and/or depressed. EMO
-Cuts, burns or partakes in any other method of self-mutilation. (This is a Satanic ritual that uses pain to detract from the light of God and His love. Please seek immediate attention for this at your local mental health center.) No
-Complains of boredom. Sometimes
-Sleeps too excessively or too little. No
-Is excessively awake during the night.I usually stay until 1-2 AM in weekends, 10-11 in schooldays
-Dislikes sunlight or any other form of light. (This pertains to vampires promoting the idea that His light is of no use.) No
-Demands an unusual amount of privacy. Only in the bathroom
-Spends large amounts of time alone. I usually find anybody to talk to
-Requests time alone and quietness. (This is so that your child may speak to evil sprits through meditation.) No
-Insists on spending time with friends while unaccompanied by an adult. Everyone is doing it
-Disregards authority figures; teachers, priests, nuns and elders are but a few examples of this.
-Misbehaves at school. Yes, I got 9 Detentions last year, 1 this year
-Misbehaves at home. No
-Eats goth-related foods. Count Dracula cereal is an example of this. I used to, but that cereal is good....
-Drinks blood or expresses an interest in drinking blood. (Vampires believe this is how to attain Satan. This act is very dangerous and should be stopped immediately.) Thats sick
-Watches cable television or any other corrupted media sources. (Ask your local church for proper programs that your child may watch.) Welcome to the future!
-Plays videos games that contains violence or are of a role-playing nature. Smashbros is fun
-Uses the internet excessively and frequently makes time for the computer. WELCOME TO THE FUTURE!
-Makes Satanic symbols and/or violently shakes head to music. No
-Dances to music in a provocative or sexual manner. No
-Expresses an interest in sex. Everyone will sometime, its a way of nature
-Masturbates No
-Is homosexual and/or bisexual. No
-Pursues dangerous cult religions. Such include: Satanism, Scientology, Philosophy, Paganism, Wicca, Hinduism and Buddhism. No
-Wears pins, stickers or anything else that contains these various phrases: "I'm so gothic, I'm dead", "woe is me", "I'm a goth". Thats Gay
-Claims to be a goth. Thats Gay

Comments in red

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
I got a 5, I don't express interest in sex, i hide it. But the 5 points I got are:

-Insists on spending time with friends while unaccompanied by an adult. For this when I go to a friends house I don't bring a maid/nanny, but there are adults in my friends house, but when we hang out somewhere, there isn't unless certain adult wants to go with us.

-Misbehaves at school. Pretty Normal thing, I sleep in some classes too.

-Watches cable television or any other corrupted media sources. (Ask your local church for proper programs that your child may watch.) Whats wrong about watching modern TV?

-Plays videos games that contains violence or are of a role-playing nature. I don't really play fighting games, other than Smash and Halo, and I can see nothing bad about Fire Emblem or Pokemon(RPG's)

-Uses the internet excessively and frequently makes time for the computer. Everyone is, its pretty normal, maybe the church didn't see the modern world...

These are all pretty basic things, its pretty common to find people who do these.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
These are all pretty basic things, its pretty common to find people who do these.
Which is only exactly what everyone else in this thread has poked fun at for the last 5 pages. I think we've established that this quiz is downright silly. The horse has been beaten to death; we can all put our sticks down now.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I don't think you can kill a horse with a stick but whatever.
It depends. If you gave each person who has posted in this thread a sizable enough stick, I'm sure they could, collectively, do some unspeakable things to a horse.

In any case, hemightbegiant's got the right idea. Guns are faster and far more humane. And they make nifty BANG noises!

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
-Complains of boredom.
-Sleeps too excessively or too little.
-Requests time alone and quietness. (This is so that your child may speak to evil sprits through
meditation.)
-Insists on spending time with friends while unaccompanied by an adult.
-Watches cable television or any other corrupted media sources.
-Uses the internet excessively and frequently makes time for the computer.
-Expresses an interest in sex.
-Masturbates
-Is excessively awake during the night.

Lol, im winning

Spire

III
BRoomer
I don't think you can kill a horse with a stick but whatever.
Sure you can. Say it's a good, long, thick stick... ugh. How can avoid penal innuendo? Okay, it's a decent sized stick, not too young, not too old; right at its prime of hardness. Hahahaha, I've cursed myself.

Long story short. You could kill the horse by gouging its eyes with the stick, fondling and stirring its brain tissue around, cutting into its chest to puncture the heart and/or other organs, choking it to death with it -- man, you could kill a horse with a stick in many, many ways. All in all, if its one of yer fetchin' horses, just throw it off a cliff. That's killing a horse with a stick, right?

In the end, your statement is false.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
-Frequently wears black clothing. (sometimes)

-Listens to gothic or any other anti-social genres of music. (Marilyn Manson claims to be the anti-Christ, and publicly speaks against the Lord. Please discard any such albums IMMEDIATELY.) (OMG, I listen to metal)

-Associates with other people that dress, act or speak eccentrically. guilty

-Complains of boredom.

-Sleeps too excessively or too little. (Yeap, first one on the weekdays, then the other on the weekends)

-Is excessively awake during the night. (Now I'm being x2 punished for staying up late.)

-Masturbates (No guy can say they haven't at least once. >=( )

meditation.) ("Dear Evil Spirits... I'm bored..." D=)

-Insists on spending time with friends while unaccompanied by an adult. (Isn't it awkward with your mommy around all the time?)

(NOT) -Eats goth-related foods. Count Dracula cereal is an example of this. (Never heard of Count "Dracula" cereal. Count
"Chocula" however is delicious. Reguardless, I never eat Count ____ cereal.)

child may watch.) (Adult Swim is awesome though. D: )

-Plays videos games that contains violence or are of a role-playing nature. (Pokemon fits this because of the animal violence AND it's a Role-Playing-Game.)

-Uses the internet excessively and frequently makes time for the computer. (hugs computer)

-Makes Satanic symbols and/or violently shakes head to music. (What Metal fan doesn't headbang and throw devil horn signs with their hand?)

-Dances to music in a provocative or sexual manner. (Only at parties. :3 )

-Expresses an interest in sex. (Everyone is guilty of this too)

Was that 16 or 17 that I counted?

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Also, Ronnie James Dio didn't invent the Devil horns. Only made them popular.
I know he didn't come up with the original hand symbol or it's meanings, but wasn't he one of the first to use it and make it iconic for metal? That's what I meant. I miss old Dio :( Rainbow wasn't bad either.

BlackFoxPariah

Smash Apprentice
As I was reading down the list I was thinking that some of those were pretty legit reasons, however- that list is a joke.

Don't eat Count Chocula cereal...I mean come on...

PD4FR

Smash Ace
I don' know if anyone has said this already, but I laughed when I saw that 'suicidal' only counted as one point out of five.:laugh:

Top Bottom