• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

You may buff two characters and nerf two others. Who do you choose?

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Buff: Link

Buff: Ike

Nerf: Metaknight

Nerf: Yoshi

Nerf Pikmin: They should die when they get hit (even when they're just walking behind Olimar)
Nerf Pikmin: Make them scream out in agony when they get pulled out of the ground and they should attack the one that pulled them out!
Brilliant

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Buff: Ike and Sonic (Ike because he looks cool, and Sonic because I have been with his games since the second one [I wasn't born when they made the first one, nor could I get my mtoher to buy me a Genesis until 95'])

Nerf: Snake and uhm...Eh I can't think of a second, everybody else seems fine, but defenitely Snake because of his cheap tactics. XD

(hey, the OP said not to take it personally, and I am half-heartedly tossing my two-cents out there)

JiangWei23

Smash Journeyman
Buff: Sonic - I can endure crappy priority and almost no range at all on his moves, but the damage he does is just ridiculous. Needs at least a 5% addition to all moves. While I'm at it, increased priority on all moves (especially his spin attacks), and change his Fsmash to a forward kick. **** thing needs more range.

If I was really evil I'd make his spring a meteor smash.

Buff: Pokemon Trainer - Another favorite of mine. Add a minute or so to the stamina counter (or not have attacks/grabs tick off a second, take your pick) allow Pokemon Change to happen in midair, and give longer invincibility frames to Pokemon Change so I don't have to sit there and watch my Charizard get hit by a Warlock Punch.

Nerf: Snake - Everybody's going to be saying this, but it has to be said. Reduce the range of his tilts, scale back the knockback on his tilts/AAA combo, reduce his weight, and make his Usmash able to hurt himself.

Nerf: Hm...I can't think of anybody else at the moment. So for the lulz, Captain Falcon.

Improve: Peach- I'd appreciate powers that she actually uses to fight with (which is of course hard because she almost never gets the chance). Like the unbreakable parasol form Super Paper Mario, or some of her powers from Super Mario RPG. Although those powers are mainly healing, I'd love to see Psych Bomb or Mute.)
Improve: Bowser- Weakened ridiculously in this series. (Which is true for all of the Mario series characters.) A little truer to the games would be nice.
Weaken: Wario- What can he really DO again?
Weaken: Sonic- They threw him moves from Street Fighter instead of his own series. His own powers would be appreciated.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Buff : Diddy, not that he's in DIRE need, but make him heavier, make his barrels NOT explode and spike him when he hits a ceiling, and make his bananas have "slip-boxes" as wide and crazy as snake's f-tilt.

Buff : Falcon. Make his Combo-ability have a comeback, and bring back the large sweet-spot-age of the knee. Also, he needs to be faster than Sonic. And his F-Smash needs to be able to actually hit things.

Nerf - Marth. No moar Ken Kombo.

Nerf - Dedede - Chaingrab ftl.

Chapstick

Smash Cadet
Buffs

Mario: He's the biggest Nintendo Mascot, he should be one of the most cheap characters

C. Falcon: I miss him (well the old him that is)

Nerfs

Snake: His F-tilt, Up-tilt and jab should all be less powerful

Wolf: Make his laser spamming less effective and make his recovery even worse

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Buff- Luigi. Make his down B transform him into Mr. L. Make it so his Up-B always does a ton of damage.

Buff- Captain Falcon. Make Falcon Punch have a quicker charge up time and make him faster than Sonic.

Nerf- Meta Knight. Make it so he's slower and he can't repeatedly spam.

Nerf- Pit. He's cheap, he can spam quickly, he almost always wins the match. Let's remove that. 'Nuff said.

Dubloh

Smash Rookie
Buff: Link, his recovery sucks, it needs to have more lift. He was my main in melee, but he is different somehow in brawl.

Nerf: Ike or Snake

AmigoOne

Smash Journeyman
Well, I think Link is good enough.
His fsmash is like really broken online, since it comes when no one sees it.
Also, Ike's fsmash.
He has a reason.
He is a powerful character, and the smash is slow.
I can handle that.
But Link hits TWICE.
UpB on the ground is crap.
It should make him rise.
I'm sick of trying to approach Link, worrying about fsmash, usmash, or upB.
If you really cant find a way to approach something as slow starting as fsmash and upb, you have more to worry about than just link.
You know what you can do against fsmash? Shield, hit twice? Hold shield longer, how hard is that to do? Or grab in between.
UpB shouldn't be a problem at all, that's just embarrassing thinking that Link's Upb is any good. Check back to melee real quick.
Usmash, more shield. From the air, just DI. The move isn't that good, its just a bit harder to avoid.

Puddin

Smash Lord
Nerf: Snake - Everybody's going to be saying this, but it has to be said. Reduce the range of his tilts, scale back the knockback on his tilts/AAA combo, reduce his weight, and make his Usmash able to hurt himself.
I know everybody is complaining about Snake, but of all the cheap tricks up his sleeve his weight seems to be the most appropriate. Snake lugs around a lot of gear, especially his nifty Batman Utility Belt.

BUNI

Smash Apprentice
Buff: Peach, give her float canceling back, and her Fthrow. and make stitch face more frequent >.>

Buff: Samus, need that missle knockback, and fix her bombs so they explode on contact.

Nerf: snake, turn the tilts from smash power to tilt power.

Nerf: Pits reflective side b. and make arrows fire a little slower. just a smidge.

Snail

Smash Lord
Buff: Captain Falcon. Restore the knee's divine glory, make the recovery suck less, reduce lag, increase priority and nipple size.

Buff: Olimar. Let the tether knock people off the edge and still grab it, that's all I ask T__T

Nerf: Snake. Gah, do I need to explain why?

Nerf: Pit. Remove the arrow's stun and make them do 2% damage... like Fox's laser. And mute him. PLEASE mute him.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
Buff: Dedede - d-throw no longer has set knockback, and can now kill at higher percentages

Buff: Falcon - moar priority and knee

Nerf: Zelda - Weaken din's fire

Nerf: G&W - #9 does 0 damage and knockback up to 12 damage, but still can KO afterwards

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Buff
Link--make his recover better
Samus--Make missles not auto-cancel. Falls faster for a better zair. Bombs actually explode when they hit somebody.
Nerf
Snake---reduce broken tilt range--die a little sooner...
Metaknight--no infinate dimentional cape. Reduce Dsmash and up-b knockback so his only real kill moves are gimping which he is already to good at.

Nerf: Yoshi
WHY!!!

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Ike Fsmash as fast as marths
What are you talking about? Seriously, if you were joking I'm sorry, but you are just wrong if you actually mean this! Ike has to bring it all the way around and then slams it on the ground, whereas Marth just has to whip out his sword and slash with it. Marth's is definitely faster.

MysticKenji

Smash Master
What are you talking about? Seriously, if you were joking I'm sorry, but you are just wrong if you actually mean this! Ike has to bring it all the way around and then slams it on the ground, whereas Marth just has to whip out his sword and slash with it. Marth's is definitely faster.
I'm pretty sure he meant that to be a buff for Ike, not stating it like a fact.

Lunar6

Smash Journeyman
Buff: Captain Falcon (unarguably the MOST deserving of buff. His nerfing was not only drastic, but an injustice).

Link('s recovery. Everything else about him is tolerable to me. Maybe F-air with no startup lag and the same properties as his B-air, or a different F-air altogether)

Nerf: Snake- He may be one of my favorite characters, and the second of my two primary mains, but even I know when tilts are too strong. Slightly lower knockback on his f-tilt and u-tilt and hit boxes that aren't ENTIRELY broken would make it a little more fair, but keep them as decent moves. I still think they should be kill moves, just not at percentages so low.

There are about two other characters, but I can't really put the explanations into words.

And people nerfing R.O.B. just 'cause they hate him can go to hell. Hate him all you want, but he's still done enough outside of SSBB for me to like him.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Nerf Snake and his overpowered, broken-ranged, spammable U-tilt, his annoying Fsmash that has greater knockback the Dedede's Fsmash, that annoying Mortar slide, and make him much lighter than he already is, so that he isnt heavier than Bowser, who should have been the heaviest in the game.

Nerf Toon Link and his stupid Dsmash of which the First hit has Great knockback, it should have a knockback similar to Link's, but weaker. Nerf his Fsmash's KO power, if the first hit has no KO power, but sets a vunerability for the 2nd hit. Make his spike weaker (or have no spike at all), because I hate spikes.

Buff Bowser a bit on KO power, but barely and maybe at least increase his speed a bit. Maybe then Bowser will get more respect... and make sure he's buffed so that he is the "HEAVIEST" character in the game, and not D3 or snake!

Buff Pit slightly a bit more on his Reflector degree range so he can reflect better and decrease his D-air and U-air lag when you hit the ground, a bit.

rageagainst

Smash Journeyman
Nerf Toon Link and his stupid Dsmash of which the First hit has Great knockback, it should have a knockback similar to Link's, but weaker. Nerf his Fsmash's KO power, if the first hit has no KO power, but sets a vunerability for the 2nd hit. Make his spike weaker (or have no spike at all), because I hate spikes.

Buff Pit slightly a bit more on his Reflector degree range so he can reflect better and decrease his D-air and U-air lag when you hit the ground, a bit.
Toon Link isn't a top tier character, and thus, if its down to 2 people, BOTH of these characters should come from top tier (or really high tier). NOO don't buff Pit, that's buffing a freaking high tier character for what? Making him top tier?

BUFF: hmm the worst characters... there's competition between CF, Ganon, Sonic.... hmmm I think Ganon definately needs buff, and then probably comes Sonic, sorry CF I THINK they need it more than you.

NERF:the best characters are more clearcut: Snake, MK, Falco, Olimar, D3. Snake is a definate, he needs nerfing. You can add more creative moves to him in exchange for nerfing his tilts, harcore. Cross off Olimar since, unlike the rest, he can be gimped. Ugh really tough to ONLY choose one, all these characters really need nerfing. Falco has a crazy Chaingrab and so does D3, but Falco has a sorry recovery so I guess I'll cross him out. Hmm, so its between D3 and MK... I'm inclined to say D3, he has a lot of things going for him, too much for one character, nerf.

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
Buff: Captain Falcon and Link. Both of them should be closer to how good they were in Melee. And Link needs to be able to jump again.

Nerf: Snake and Meta Knight so that people will stop complaining about them. >_>

digitalmaster287

Smash Journeyman
Buff: Captain Falcon (basically turn him into Melee Falcon lol)
Buff: Fox (Stronger up smash, and aerials)

Nerf: Snake (Reduce the hitbox and knockback of all his tilts and reduce power on basically all his moves lol)
Nerf: MK (Not sure how, just make him all around worse so that he isn't top tier)

Top Bottom